Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,622 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

When A Wife Returns After Separation - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A Wife Returns After Separation (46564 Views)

Former Ugandan Couple Celebrate Their Divorce After 6 Years Of Separation (Pix) / Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) / Ease Of Moving On After Separation /divorce. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by Munzy14(m): 8:34pm On Feb 08, 2022
Twoclans:

Rolls Eyes grin

Na who una go kill in the name of love una dey find .
cheesy

1 Like

Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by chaloskyx: 8:35pm On Feb 08, 2022
She went out cause of another man she only came back cause the man disappointed her with his intentions. she really does not care about you my advise is not to take her back without finding out the reason behind her sudden departure and return.
Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by DavSagacity(m): 8:36pm On Feb 08, 2022
SWATMan:

Your suggestion is so naive. Please elaborate why a woman who left on her own volition should stroll back and be accepted back by her husband just like that. I doubt if you are married.
. I thought I was the only one that read his comment and felt this way. Thanks bro for raising this pertinent question. So because he is a Christian he should just accept her back like mumu.... The way Righteousness reason sometimes is quite worrisome.
Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by gadgethead: 8:37pm On Feb 08, 2022
Truvelisback:
My question is that, why did she leave? To whom did she go to? Why is she back?

Pertinent questions
Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:40pm On Feb 08, 2022
Go and ask d elders in ur village
Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by Appliedmaths(m): 8:40pm On Feb 08, 2022
ImoleNaija:

Imagine that!

Werey wan give the innocent man a bastard child angry

Crazy things are happening.
Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by Bamzyriches451: 8:43pm On Feb 08, 2022
Damn!!
Since the question is for elders lemme not comment
Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by uthlaw: 8:46pm On Feb 08, 2022
duro4chang:
I know your sense. You no wan answer university exam question when you still dey primary school.
no b lie bro!

1 Like

Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by Solatium(m): 8:53pm On Feb 08, 2022
Babsojimjim:
Dear all, permit me to use this medium to seek for mature and experienced advise...

When a wife out of her own wish without any current justifiable reason seperates from her husband for almost two months and has now decided to return back with the kid out of her own wish without any pressure, should the man accept her back?

Also should there be conditions attached before the man can accept her back? Mature and experienced input is highly appreciated.

Thanks all.

Full disclosure is not made here,you need to let people know what lead to the initial separation
Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by smallsmall: 8:56pm On Feb 08, 2022
Righteousness2:
As long as she is the Orginal wife of the man, and he is her Orginal [/b]husband, it is her Home. He should accept her.

GOD Hates Divorce. And what HE recongnizes is One man one wife. Any other thing is man or woman Decieving themselves.

Some of you just open your mouth, waah-waah, to say nonsense!

Which one is Original Husband? Is there a FAKE Husband?

I guess you, like many others here, have comprehension problem.s
The post said "[b]she left without any justifiable reason
"?
That alone explains that she just left the Home of her own free-will, No Fight, No disagreement, Nothing!

How can a Wife abandon her matrimonial Home for two Months (Probably holed in a Hotel with another man, who knows) ... and think she can just stroll back in, like it is a Secondary School mid-term break? It shows she has no regard for the Marriage or the Husband.
Some decisions are irreversible, if you can leave, then you must stay put to where you left for. No coming back.

Anyway, that Man's life could be in serious danger, from whosoever she eloped with.

BTW: If God hates Divorces and is only one man, one Wife, why did he not hate all those Men like Abraham, David, Isaac,Solomon, etc, who had more than one wife and yet He was on first name basis with them?

If God insists on One Husband, One Wife, how come the King of England, the same king who wrote the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible you all read, divorced his first Wife and married another?
he even has to creat the Church of England, separate from the Roman Catholic Church, just to do so.

Africans must stop this Muumu, follow-follow mentality, when it comes to Religion.
Monogamy was initiated by the British, to solve the problem of Hiership and property sharing, ti has nothing to do with God or Africans.
As a matter of fact, the Bible and History has shown that God supports Polygamy. FACT.

1 Like

Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by Das1mama: 8:57pm On Feb 08, 2022
Righteousness2:
As long as she is the Orginal wife of the man, and he is her Orginal husband, it is her Home. He should accept her.

GOD Hates Divorce. And what HE recongnizes is One man one wife. Any other thing is man or woman Decieving themselves.
Bro the only justification in the Holy Scripture(Bible) for divorce to occur in any union is infidelity, that a brother or a sister is being justified that such person is not under such law.... Am not too good in memorizing verses but am 100% certain that is in the Holy scripture. Shalom

1 Like

Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by Das1mama: 8:59pm On Feb 08, 2022
chaloskyx:
She went out cause of another man she only came back cause the man disappointed her with his intentions. she really does not care about you my advise is not to take her back without finding out the reason behind her sudden departure and return.
Perfectly said.
Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by OBALOLA55(m): 9:01pm On Feb 08, 2022
Babsojimjim:
Dear all, permit me to use this medium to seek for mature and experienced advise...

When a wife out of her own wish without any current justifiable reason seperates from her husband for almost two months and has now decided to return back with the kid out of her own wish without any pressure, should the man accept her back?

Also should there be conditions attached before the man can accept her back? Mature and experienced input is highly appreciated.

Thanks all.
VERY SIMPLE

SHE CAME BACK TO FINISH YOU

1 Like

Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by Datikwerreboi(m): 9:03pm On Feb 08, 2022
bummyla:
Just two months! Madam came back after two month and said: "Oga come make we Bleep" Now she has gone for one year, I have changed all the locks! Saw her last night in Lekki, thank God I did not run her over with my car!
Your wife left too? Do you have kids together ?
Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by BigBashiru: 9:04pm On Feb 08, 2022
smallsmall:

Some of you just open your mouth, waah-waah, to say nonsense!

Which one is Original Husband? Is there a FAKE Husband?

I guess you, like many others here, have comprehension problem.s
The post said "she left without any justifiable reason"?
That alone explains that she just left the Home of her own free-will, No Fight, No disagreement, Nothing!

How can a Wife abandon her matrimonial Home for two Months (Probably holed in a Hotel with another man, who knows) ... and think she can just stroll back in, like it is a Secondary School mid-term break? It shows she has no regard for the Marriage or the Husband.
Some decisions are irreversible, if you can leave, then you must stay put to where you left for. No coming back.

Anyway, that Man's life could be in serious danger, from whosoever she eloped with.

BTW: If God hates Divorces and is only one man, one Wife, why did he not hate all those Men like Abraham, David, Isaac,Solomon, etc, who had more than one wife and yet He was on first name basis with them?

If God insists on One Husband, One Wife, how come the King of England, the same king who wrote the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible you all read, divorced his first Wife and married another?
he even has to creat the Church of England, separate from the Roman Catholic Church, just to do so.

Africans must stop this Muumu, follow-follow mentality, when it comes to Religion.
Monogamy was initiated by the British, to solve the problem of Hiership and property sharing, ti has nothing to do with God or Africans.
As a matter of fact, the Bible and History has shown that God supports Polygamy. FACT.

Well said!
Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by drlateef: 9:06pm On Feb 08, 2022
No matter who’s at fault, she came back because she realised she has taken a rash decision, or was testing the waters to see if the husband would come begging her to come back. Seeing that it would not happen she quickly came back to avoid being pushed out by another woman.
Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by SURElee(f): 9:08pm On Feb 08, 2022
Babsojimjim:

Thanks all.

She left for 2 months, in those months of separation, she must have had hard and long soul searching and decided to return to make her marriage work.

Marriage is about 2 forgivers coming together to forgive themselves of anything they will ever do.

Marriage is for the matured. Not for small people who are filled with ego and pride over small petty issues they hold so right to heart as matters rocking the boat.

1 Like

Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by Gee64: 9:09pm On Feb 08, 2022
Please forgive and let her stay for good.
She might have learnt her lesson.
She now sees that 'outside wedlock' is not rosy.
Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by Datikwerreboi(m): 9:15pm On Feb 08, 2022
Appliedmaths:
I had a case where the young wife left after all pleading, family got involved but she still left anyways. Young husband was left devastated, heaped all the blame on himself.

Fast forward, they got back together only to discover she went to her ex who knew she was married and he sucked all the juice and travelled back to the US.

Young husband got to know and sent her packing finally forever this time around. She called to say she's pregnant but nobody cares.

Crazy things are happening.

Just do your underground search before fully accepting her back.
Nawa oo, all these ex nonsense. No matter what sexless relationship is key. You can't be having sex with a boyfriend with bonding with them,it will tell on u when you're married
Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by lordskenny(m): 9:26pm On Feb 08, 2022
Babsojimjim:

Thanks all.

I'm here to talk from the experience. it is very dangerous to accept her back because hmm, from many I had witnessed nothing good came from their apology. I think a real man must not dare his life accept her back based on your explanation.
Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by Exceed15: 9:29pm On Feb 08, 2022
Babsojimjim:

Thanks all.

Trust me, she will become a better wife. She don go learn.
Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by buzorcharles(m): 9:35pm On Feb 08, 2022
Same 2 months the prodigal son stayed away. No matter how strong u be u no fit survive 2 month sapa cheesy cheesy.
Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by Hardebaryor(m): 9:36pm On Feb 08, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
Go to an Islamic Bank or Boko Haram.
Boko haram?
Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by NemoDatQuod(m): 9:46pm On Feb 08, 2022
Agreed. He also said that adultery is a basis for divorce.

We don't know what she has been up to these past two months.

Personally, since marriage is for better, "for worse", when a woman leaves home during the "for worse" period, she will not be coming back to mine. It is that simple. Marriage is not something you say " let's take a break from each other, let alone the wife deciding on her own to take a break. Terrible things happen(some exposed, most not ever exposed) when couples take a break from each other. It's best to show the determination to work through your troubles and keep growing together than one party taking a break.

If it is me, she won't be coming back ever. Let her go and continue exploring whatever it was she was exploring. I will not be someone's alternative option. After roving about and not finding what you were looking for, you come back to me as your option? Mbanu!

Righteousness2:
As long as she is the Orginal wife of the man, and he is her Orginal husband, it is her Home. He should accept her.

2 Likes

Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by Alabo7978(m): 9:47pm On Feb 08, 2022
Babsojimjim:

Thanks all.
Did she go to her parents house?
Did her parents or kinsmen sought to repair the issue?

If the above question has a yes, then she might have calm down from her gra gra, but

If she didn't go to her parents house.
If her parents didn't sought for ways to mediate, then she likely was having another man control her mumu button. One thing many women in marriage fail to know is that they're nothing without a husband and children. Perhaps the side cock has dumped her and she has realised her short comings and ran back, but kick her out. But if the former is the case, accept her back.
Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by Enemyofpeace: 9:51pm On Feb 08, 2022
This Elonmuskbaby no serious at all, you run comot for house with your childrens for two months go stay with your man friend, now you wan care remnant come back home. Mtcheeeeeeeeew
Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by Babsojimjim: 9:55pm On Feb 08, 2022
I got all your inputs,thanks all. For those of you seeking to get the full gist, pls just go to my thread and read again.

I really appreciate all your good and bad comments. Knowing fully well where the shoe pinches me, I have sieve all comments and would work with the useful one. Godbless you all.
Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by Originalsly: 9:57pm On Feb 08, 2022
Did she move to "have some space .... time to sort herself out privately to get over some stress in the home?.... more important ... where was she? Was she back to with her parents?... or been trying out another man? ... and returned because the grass was not greener on the other side? You need to get answers. This may be a trial run ... or if accepted..... she will do same again.

1 Like

Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by NemoDatQuod(m): 10:12pm On Feb 08, 2022
I beg to disagree. Separation is not a period of reflection of any kind. It is a period of freedom and singleness.

Serious couples who want their relationship to survive come to marriage knowing that they are two imperfect humans who have a lot to learn: how to give respectful feedback to each other without the emotions of disdain or anger coming into play; how to easily forgive and overlook things that should not matter; learning to be friends with one another and most importantly understanding from the beginning that there is no "him" or "her", but "we". A good number of men and women are doing that every day.

When separation occurs in a marriage, it should be because the couple or maybe one half of the couple has decided that the marriage is effectively over(either due to sustained and unrelenting violence or some other reason). It is ONLY when one does not care about what a partner is up to that one will take them back after a period of separation. But then it seems we are the generation where anything goes!

Imagine walking out for two months, go do your thing and then stroll back in. I will not take back a fwb who does that, let alone a wife.

shortIGBOman:

You don't know how marriage works. Marriage is not Boyfriend and Girlfriend. But an avenue where you will tolerate your partners excessive. Remember, no one is perfect.

Separation is usually a period for sober reflection. During this period, both couples think through their actions and decide on better ways to handle such situations in future. Also remember, querell that are properly managed makes Couple bond more. There is no perfect marriage out there without querrels and misunderstanding. But how we manage it is what determine a good union.

Her return home shows that, She was wrong initially. Some people don't know how to apologise verbally, but their body movement will show they are remorsed. I urge the op to accept her. But have a one on one discussion with her, to avoid future reoccurrence.
Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 10:27pm On Feb 08, 2022
Babsojimjim:

Thanks all.
Op accept your wife back, for her to come back, she has realized you are the best thing ever happen to her contrary to her initial believe or bad advise from external forces, you will discover that she will respect you more than before now, I'm speaking from thesame experience, mine left for 6months, I was just minding my own business, I tried another woman during the period of 6months, I realized my wife was an angel, imidiately she returned, I accepted her with open arms, I never regret I did, all her bad character changed, we are about to celebrate 13years in marriage

2 Likes

Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 10:28pm On Feb 08, 2022
OBALOLA55:
VERY SIMPLE

SHE CAME BACK TO FINISH YOU
what kindergarten class are you
Re: When A Wife Returns After Separation by Decency2020(f): 10:29pm On Feb 08, 2022
Babsojimjim:

Thanks all.

Funny enough many who are responding are riff raffs who are single looking for one loosed girl to deceive. You can't find what you are looking for here on nairaland the land of madness. Many of them are bet9ja pikin and yahoo boys so they will come with that mindset

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Week After We Got Married. / My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day / Blessing Okoro: A Lot Of Married Women Are Sex Starved - Relationship Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.