Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,863 members, 7,824,591 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Which Of These Legendary Goalkeepers Would You Start, Bench And Sell? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Which Of These Legendary Goalkeepers Would You Start, Bench And Sell? (34551 Views)

Nigerians Blast Victor Moses For Not Making Chelsea Bench After Dumping Nigeria / Sallah Came From Bench And Fires Liverpool Win Over Manchester City In ICC Cup / Top 10 Most Expensive Goalkeepers As At 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Legendary Goalkeepers Would You Start, Bench And Sell? by makavellidon: 9:46am On Feb 08, 2022
Sekoni003:
I'm following the order in which they are listed lol. As a Chelsea fan it's a no brainer cheesy . Start Cech, bench Buffon. As for Van der Ser, I'm loaning him to Queens Park Rangers grin
even petr cech knws that Van Der Ser is more better than him, i would bench Buffon and sell petr cech to Kano pillar

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Legendary Goalkeepers Would You Start, Bench And Sell? by wasi9ice: 11:29am On Feb 08, 2022
Offcours l wil start Van far sar, Bench Buffon and sell Cech

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Legendary Goalkeepers Would You Start, Bench And Sell? by benjanny(m): 1:24pm On Feb 08, 2022
Considering My Current Situation, I will sell Of Them Because I need money bad bad
Re: Which Of These Legendary Goalkeepers Would You Start, Bench And Sell? by oodua1stson: 6:24pm On Feb 08, 2022
Jazzman01:

Oga, Buffon is a Legend. Cech is good no doubt but it is an insult to put Cech side by side with him for comparison. Buffon is in the league of Legendary goal keepers like Oliver Khan and Casillas.

In 2006, Buffon came second in the Ballon dor ranking. The closest any goal keeper in the world has ever come to winning the prestigious award.

His saves against France at the 2006 final were just unbelievable. Even Zidane got frustrated after trying to beat him several times with no success.
oga, Buffon is a legend, so is Cech. Your opinion about Cech is not a fact, it remains an opinion. Statistically none of them are better than him

Michael Owen won Ballon D'or. Is he better than Ibrahimovic? Oliver Kahn won the best player at 2002 world cup. Does that make him better than Cech or Buffon who never won it?

So because Buffon made great saves in 2006 final that should put him ahead of Cech? Abegi! I can post 10 videos of different matches where Cech much more and better saves than 2006 world cup final.

Just say you like Buffon more. Remember this; opinions are not facts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Legendary Goalkeepers Would You Start, Bench And Sell? by oodua1stson: 6:28pm On Feb 08, 2022
Kingcalls:

Any small thing una go talk bring him to England...what's so special in the England?? Is De gea not from la liga ?? And casillas was way better if u compare both... no goal keeper was as good as him in one on one situations till date
I actually watch and like La Liga more. But the fact still remains that casilass would flop in England and he's not good in the air. There are tons of matches and videos of him fumbling and flapping at crosses.

This is not an opinion, it's a fact. For reference, check 2014 champions league final
Re: Which Of These Legendary Goalkeepers Would You Start, Bench And Sell? by Kingcalls: 8:07pm On Feb 08, 2022
oodua1stson:
I actually watch and like La Liga more. But the fact still remains that casilass would flop in England and he's not good in the air. There are tons of matches and videos of him fumbling and flapping at crosses.

This is not an opinion, it's a fact. For reference, check 2014 champions league final

U are talking about cassillas in his later days....shows u are part of Gen z ... go to YouTube and watch cassillas in the late 90s and early 2000s....he was consistently best for a decade... go and check the world cup final against Holland...go and check 2002 CL final against leverkusen... madrid had the worst defense amongst the top teams in Europe, but casillas always kept them in the lead... no goal keeper has saved more one on ones like cassillas...infact he was used to it cos madrids defense were always suspect .... his saves won them 3 champions league titles, 5 la liga titles, 2 Euros and one world cup ... all in a space of 14 Yrs ...
Re: Which Of These Legendary Goalkeepers Would You Start, Bench And Sell? by oodua1stson: 8:25pm On Feb 08, 2022
Kingcalls:

U are talking about cassillas in his later days....shows u are part of Gen z ... go to YouTube and watch cassillas in the late 90s and early 2000s....he was consistently best for a decade... go and check the world cup final against Holland...go and check 2002 CL final against leverkusen... madrid had the worst defense amongst the top teams in Europe, but casillas always kept them in the lead... no goal keeper has saved more one on ones like cassillas...infact he was used to it cos madrids defense were always suspect .... his saves won them 3 champions league titles, 5 la liga titles, 2 Euros and one world cup ... all in a space of 14 Yrs ...
which Casillas are you talking about in late 90s? Someone who was being rotated. He only became a permanent starter in 2002/2003 season. And Just as you mentioned few matches to justify your bias I can also do the same for Cech.

Also you need to stop lying to make a point. In 2001/2002 champions league season he was a bench warmer. He did not take them to the final as you lied. He was only brought on when Sanchez was injured in the final and he performed well

Would Casillas win anything if he was from Czech Republic?
Re: Which Of These Legendary Goalkeepers Would You Start, Bench And Sell? by Mogore(m): 3:44pm On Feb 12, 2022
It depends on the defense I have. I feel that all of these goalkeepers are of the same level of technical side, the thing is in chemistry among the players. If I have Chiellini and Bonucci in defense, surely, I'll start with Buffon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chelsea Treats Me Like A Criminal - Diego Costa / Sepp Blatter: "Nigeria Will Be A Troublemaker At Russia 2018 World Cup" / Frank Lampard Takes Charge Of Chelsea Training For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.