Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,832 members, 7,828,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish (36680 Views)

Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated / Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage / Anglican Church Suspends Bishop Adepoju For Having Sex With Reverend’s Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Jesubaby: 10:39am On Feb 08, 2022
Dsalvo:

Exactly. Igbos always want from everyone what they can never give others.
Thank you! That's it.... My people say, person wey sabi bite, no fit endure wen dem bite am.
May only the will of God be done in our lives. Amen. It's well.
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by goaldynboy: 10:39am On Feb 08, 2022
LILTJAY1 [s:
post=110054696]Igbo people are cursed. .
I swear to god grin grin
[/s]

Your papa, your mama, you and all your generation and your tribe are CURSED and Condemned

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by YorobaPIGS: 10:40am On Feb 08, 2022
Newton85:
Well, I can't blame the Benin priest Anelu. He just doesn't want Eboes to Eboenize his Parish.
you have never made any sensible comment in your pathetic and WASTED life.

Since he doesn't want eboesto eboenize his parish, now that he has been rightly booted out, you can ask your yorooBaboon priest to go and yorooBaboonize it
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Mzflexydeeva(f): 10:43am On Feb 08, 2022
Barbiturate:

So there is no English mass in that your parish?

When I was living in Mushin, I use to attend Mass at Regina Mundi. They usually have Yoruba mass and even the normal(English) mass, the priest will still speak Yoruba while preaching. It never stopped me from going.

There's a bit of tribalism in your submission!
At what point did I say it was an Igbo mass. I simply said it is common to find Igbo priest using the native tongue a lot at mass even when it’s an English mass.
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Mzflexydeeva(f): 10:47am On Feb 08, 2022
angelfallz:
In the real life example you sited was it an English mass?

Yes it was an English mass. I actually spoke with another catholic who is Igbo and she was like you know most Catholics are Igbo that’s why… we just laughed over it
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Mzflexydeeva(f): 10:48am On Feb 08, 2022
franchasng:
You are talking nonsense as a coded tribal bigot you are lolz

The Parish Priest is not an Igbo, so there is no way Mass will be conducted in Igbo when the Parish Priest here is not even Igbo.

He is complaining of Igbo songs rendered by Choirs not Mass.

And if you check very well, majority of the trending Christian songs in Nigeria today were song by Igbo artistes and then Yorubas with other tribes, so its expected that Igbo songs will dominate in a Catholic Church in Nigeria because Igbos are the pillar of Catholic.

Most Celestial Church sing Yoruba songs cos Yorubas own Cele Church. RCCG, Winners, etc are different because even though the GOs are Yorubas, Igbos form part of the majority of their congregations unlike Catholic Church that most Yorubas have almost left for New Pentecostal churches

If you are educated I must say you are such a waste. Get yourself some common sense.

It’s not that deep
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Ubanz: 10:48am On Feb 08, 2022
The hate and x..phobia is real.
Hahahahahaha.
People getting depressed because of Igbo's.
That's why some ethnic groups don't attend Igbo churches.
Would you stop God from blessing whom he chooses to bless?

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by gaftsoil(m): 10:49am On Feb 08, 2022
They use igbo songs in catholic churches in over seas . E come be ordinary lagos. That priest is anti christ

6 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Kingnelson9: 10:50am On Feb 08, 2022
TheNiceGuy:

Yes, it's Igboland.

Ndi Igbo and transgressions

Wherever they are, their first aim is how to dominate.

This is why they shouldn't be entrusted with power.
You can't fight your God
Check what Aguyi Ironsi did just few months he was a ruler.
Check those biafra soldiers court martial by Ojukwu during the civil war, non of them are Ndi Igbo.

Check what Azikwe tried to do in Southwest (by representing the region upon the numbers of literate mind among Yorubas) before Awolowo cornered his mischievous move

Check those killed and spare by Kaduna Nzegu and Owaboshi.

They're just pretending, give power to them and be a victim of their vengeance
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Kylekent59: 10:52am On Feb 08, 2022
cyrilamx:
Well written. They always try to surplant their host community. Imagine igbos with Catholic priests inclusive in Mbaise fighting to prevent an igbo man to be a Bishop just because he is from Anambra state. They even disregarded the mediation of the Pope. But in Benin Archdiocese, an igbo man is archbishop. Yes the Benins/Edos initially protested this imposition, well they backed down when some of Benin priests intervened. Till date Archbishop Augustine Akubueze remains the archbishop of Benin Archdiocese. The igbos in my parish at St. Thomas Aquinas in ikpoba hill have turned the parish to igbo, 90 percent are igbo songs without regards for the indigenes. We are watching. Lest I forget, the igbos are the greatest "marginalizer" of non igbos but always claim victims. Can you imagine that Airpeace in Benin airport has no Benin man as a staff despite Benin being host community? [b]All their staff are either 80 percent igbos and 20 percent Kogi. [/b]They think we don't notice this abnormally. One day just like this priest did, we will take action against the excesses of the igbos. I can't wait for them to hv their Biafra, so that they exit our lands. Those that remains will be heavily taxed with stringents Stay-condition.

What can you say about emirate airlines?? Who are their staffs?

Go to Alaba international market and see yourba salesgirls working for an Igbo man.

Why are you Yorubas Wicked? Why causing problems?

We the northerners don't hate Igbos. You guys go online and create fake profiles with our names to attack and critisize the Igbos.

Go to trade fair markek, Alaba, computer village, and see how peaceful Hausas and Igbos are.

Enough of all the hatred!!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by goaldynboy: 10:59am On Feb 08, 2022
franchasng:
This one is a foolish solution suggested by a greedy, unrealistic mad man!

The permanent and realistic solution is for Nigerians who believe in one Nigeria and hate Igbos to do exactly what Malaysia did to Singapore.

What did Malaysia do?

Malays were the majority in their national assembly, and they hated Singaporeans so much, for peace to reign and to avoid bloodletting, Malaysians organized a secret national assembly sitting where they locked out all Singaporean lawmakers and made a law expelling Singapore from Malaysia.

This made the division of Malaysia very simple, easy and without war.

Today, both Malaysia and Singapore are all doing well and living in peace.

But you Nigerians are so foolish, so greedy, so wicked, so inhumane, so unrealistic and barbaric that you hate Igbos, you dont want Igbos in your region, you don't want Igbos to lead Nigeria to light, you want Igbos to suffer and die and yet you want to explore crude oil and natural gas in Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu and other resources and then share it with the remaining 36 states, and also use population factor to give lion share to Lagos and Kano which Igbos contribute hugely to their large population, and after using Igbo resources to develop these cities, you then expect Igbos to go back to their exploited region and stay while you enjoy their resources in what you call one Nigeria, are you not completely mad and foolish saying that?

The honorable thing to do is to allow Igbos secede and go form their own independent country and then you make a new law in your Lagos, Abuja, Kano, etc that Igbos should not be issued visa to your country.

This is what North Korea and South Korea did and they both have been living separately in peace.

But you foolish Nigerians want to eat your cake and still have it.

You want Igbos to remain in Nigeria so you can be using their resources and talents to shine while you mock them or cajole them to go back to their region, honestly you guys are useless and brainless angry

Well said!

Please don't waste your time on that Tinubu urchin! He thinks from his anus and his brain is too retardedd to understand the great point you made here!!

The fool that is clamouring for Igbos to leave Lagos is also planning to Japa to white man's land and over 5 million yorubas are living overseas in white man's land!

He must have sold his inheritance including his papa and mama grave to an Igbo man; that is what is peppering him!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by YorobaPIGS: 11:00am On Feb 08, 2022
Thorondor:

You have been blabbing and bleating about civil war like a pregnant goat, as if you were there in person. Would you demoniac hate filled mischief maker stay on point and talk about the mumu parish priest that is trying to remove sand sand for Catholic Church garri?

Werey
are you not the one who claimed Anambra but support one Nigeria? The fool you quoted is a confirmed tribalistic oaf and avid Igbo hater from yorooba land...same dimwitted, hateful and bitter creature you want to continue sharing your 'beloved one Nigeria' with.

Look at the kind of nonsense the idiot is justifying yet you open your mouth to castigate anyone asking seccession

Ndi one naijeriya...Una must get sense one day

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by angelfallz(m): 11:02am On Feb 08, 2022
Wow that was very wrong. More than any other reason, I believe it is a mentality problem i.e since the majority at English mass are Igbo, therefore let us use Igbo language.
It is a wrong mentality to be using the time allotted for English mass, for Igbo mass. Unfortunately some Igbos don't see anything wrong with it.

It is wrong.

Mzflexydeeva:

Yes it was an English mass. I actually spoke with another catholic who is Igbo and she was like you know most Catholics are Igbo that’s why… we just laughed over it
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Hausa(m): 11:02am On Feb 08, 2022
Dsalvo:

Lol. Can you Igbos ever act educated and refined? So you have a crystal ball to read beyond what is written to somehow link Yorubas with this?

Father James Anelu has a problem with Igbo "excesses" and somehow it is Yorubas that put him up to it?

You Igbos will never heal to be better loved and accepted by fellow Nigerians because when Nigerians complain of your "excesses" the first thing you do is attack them and point fingers of blame eslewhere. Preferably at Yorubas.
He mentioned minority, you mentioned Yoruba.
But let's say he mentioned Yoruba, what was going to be your response?

Your response ended up being the same thing you were trying so hard to run from. You want to avoid it, but you can't because out of the abundance of the heart, what happens?
In the end, are we not all the same?
May God give us wisdom and show us mercy.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Kingnelson9: 11:03am On Feb 08, 2022
It is pertinent to note that Christianity in this part of the world called Nigeria is mostly practiced by the Igbos.
So going against the Igbos in any form is tantamount to injustice to the Christians and if you keep on hating the Igbos, you are wasting your energy because they are blessed from the beginning.
Remember that God said He will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you.
In this area,God was talking to His children and these are the Christians some of you are persecuting in this part of the world.
If you feel that the Igbo are dominating you in any area then you need to change before you die if High Blood Pressure.

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Newton85: 11:09am On Feb 08, 2022
Tomek09:

Now that his bigotry has sacked him, what do you want to do about it??
At least he made his point against the Eboenization of his parish like a man, same way Eboes from Imo State protested against an Eboe from Anambra from being their Bishop.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Omodua(m): 11:09am On Feb 08, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
James Anelu

https://punchng.com/catholic-suspends-lagos-priest-who-banned-igbo-songs-in-parish/?utm_source=top-story&utm_medium=web&amp
This man is insane. He was in the news recently for packaging Edo girls for prostitution in Europe and elsewhere for pecuniarily gains. He should be shown next door exit before he sends members away.
He forgot Catholic is Igbo and Igbo is Catholic!

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Newton85: 11:11am On Feb 08, 2022
nwigwemark:

Far from your tribalistic mindset. He is Boring as a priest. He served in our parish under a Yoruba parish priest and Igbo dominated congregation singing Igbo songs, Yoruba songs and even Akwa Ibom catholic songs and even Edo songs and every one was happy.

Just a little over 2 years he was a Parish Priest he has started showing his true colors.

Igbo domination in Catholic Church has come to stay.

I and my family worship at Saint Monika Catholic Church Munich and our service is in Igbo language. Our parish priest is from Mbaise.

We sing, pray and preach in Igbo language and Oyibos join us when they wish.

Nigeria will never be ok with people like you and Priests like Fr James Anelu

Nah, Nigeria will never be okay with people like Imo people who protested against their fellow Eboe from being their Bishop just because he hailed from Anambra and because they accused Anambra priests of dominating them in Imo State. Charity begins at home.
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by angelfallz(m): 11:13am On Feb 08, 2022
It does not matter. You don't use the time allotted for English mass for Igbo mass. That is just wrong. Mzflexydeeva you see what I am saying? It is first and foremost, a mentality problem.
English mass is created so that those who don't understand the language of the community they find themselves in, can worship in English.

It does not matter if the other ethnic groups are not up to 10%

If the Igbos feel that they don't understand English or don't want to use English then they should speak with parish priest to create a time slot for Igbo mass. Then let other ethnic nationals have their English mass.

You can't because you are the majority deprive others from worshipping adequately.

Amojii:

What you said is correct but what if the other ethnics are not up to 10℅
Separate mass for them will be boring and frustrating

Let's call a spade a spade Igbo's dominants catholic church in Nigeria even in the North yoruba's have long moved to mega churches own by their Yoruba pastors

That why Igbo's do not have mega churches, well maybe only chosen

The only thing there is to learn the language and enjoy the other side of thing for ones it will not kill you.

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Newton85: 11:13am On Feb 08, 2022
Ykc2:
that's why I love how awolowo and akintola was best of friends to extent of operation wetie
I also love how Abia State sacked non-indigene workers from Imo state from its civil service.
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by dokyOloye: 11:13am On Feb 08, 2022
flokii:
It has now moved from politics to religion, soon people in sports will start complaining about that particular etnic group and their excesses.
Most of us grew up with them in our midst free mimded till we started moving out, working and thinking for ourselves to realize the "excesses" of that tribe most people complain of. I doubt if any catholic church in Imo or Abia would allow Yoruba or Edo songs or seperate service. They always abuse every position of power they get to project their tribe on others not minding the reaction of their hosts.
If you see a Catholic church in Imo, the congregations will be 99.99% Igbos.
If you see a Catholic church in Lagos, d congregation will be at least 70% Igbos.
You get d gist?

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Newton85: 11:13am On Feb 08, 2022
swedbase:

I will Bleep your mother at your grave you idiot
Lol, why are you pained?
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by dokyOloye: 11:13am On Feb 08, 2022
LILTJAY1:
Igbo people with their annoying attitude. .
Cursed people from hell
Yiu sound like som1 who will commit suicide soon.
Easy ooo

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Hausa(m): 11:14am On Feb 08, 2022
flokii:

That's because some people don't respect boundaries or respect their hosts... How will you go to a church where the priest is not Igbo, doesn't speak or understand the language and start singing chorus in it. What happened to English or the local language in the area which is Yoruba?

I'm sure the non-Igbos there met with the priest to express their displeasure over the turn of events in the church which prompted that statement credited to him. For God sake, people should respect boundaries and respect their hosts.
You're not a Catholic so you're incapable of understanding how things are run there.

But let me ask you.
Put yourself as a priest, and church members came to make this complaint to you.
In your God given wisdom, education, and holy spirit-filled mind, what will you do?

Hit it straight to the head that he screwed up and screwed up big time.

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Newton85: 11:15am On Feb 08, 2022
Ykc2:
just the way akintola loved awolowo until operation wetie
Nah, just the way Anambra people loved your Biaflan first lady Bianca Ojukwu to the extent of preventing her from representing them at the National Assembly just because she's from Enugu State.
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Newton85: 11:15am On Feb 08, 2022
BeardedmeatR:
Why are you yorob.ber mooslims so obsessed with the superior race? The better south!
Whatever! But Eboe is still Eboe.
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by YorobaPIGS: 11:16am On Feb 08, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
How old are you? What is Eboe, or you think it makes you smart? You are sounding so stupid
Bro, no need for diplomacy or decency here.

The bastard is a beyerebe banza pig from hoeduduwa republic from the sad_waste region

He calls you eboe you call him yorooBaboon...DEAL!

It's tit for tat here and there's no morality on the streets

Break the bottles, shatter the tables and spill the bloods. No holds barred and no restraint.

Pay the abobaku pigs in their own coin...no need preaching here.

These coneheaded, skull mining, suffersticated mo'rons have no monopoly of foul mouth and vicious words

We game!

cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

"They Have Used My Destiny For Money Ritual"; Nigerian Man Cries Out. Photos / Pastor Adeboye Walks 7KM With Pastors Before The Kick Off Of 65th Convention / Joshua Iginla Heals HIV+ Soldier In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.