Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,120 members, 7,821,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish (36623 Views)

Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated / Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage / Anglican Church Suspends Bishop Adepoju For Having Sex With Reverend’s Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by DeAlphaMale(m): 8:00am On Feb 08, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Yes, it's Igbo land.

Ndi Igbo and transgressions

Wherever they are, their first aim is how to dominate.

This is why they shouldn't be entrusted with power.

Check what Aguyi Ironsi did just few months he was a ruler.
Check those biafra soldiers court martial by Ojukwu during the civil war, non of them are Ndi Igbo.

Check what Azikwe tried to do in Southwest (by representing the region upon the numbers of literate mind among Yorubas) before Awolowo cornered his mischievous move

Check those killed and spare by Kaduna Nzegu and Owaboshi.

They're just pretending, give power to them and be a victim of their vengeance

"Victim of their vengeance"... So u do agree that something has or is being done to the igbo people?

13 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 08, 2022
TheNiceGuy:

Check those court martial by Ojukwu during the civil war, non of them are Ndi Igbo.

Check what Azikwe tried to do in Southwest (by representing the region upon the numbers of literate mind among Yorubas) before Awolowo cornered his mischievous move

Indeed.

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Prolificgiant(m): 8:01am On Feb 08, 2022
Thats very childish for a man of God,the bible made us understand that we should love our neighbours as ourselves, OPPO A73 128GB 6GB is available for sale ,it is working perfectly well.check my signature for contact,location lagos

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by chelseamann(m): 8:02am On Feb 08, 2022
Jealousy tongue

7 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by tete7000(m): 8:03am On Feb 08, 2022
Going by tribe, is he himself fit to preside over a church in a Yoruba land?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by newoffer: 8:03am On Feb 08, 2022

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Mandela887(m): 8:03am On Feb 08, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Yes, it's Igbo land.

Check those biafra soldiers court martial by Ojukwu during the civil war, non of them are Ndi Igbo.

I bu ewu

15 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Newton85: 8:03am On Feb 08, 2022
Osagyefo98:

I don't know why an average Edo state man has so much hatred for Igbos. They go about on Facebook and Twitter creating all forms of attacks on Igbos.

Even a priest has transferred same to a church in Lagos. You just dey hate people wey no send una...I tire oohhh

Meanwhile, my attendant In foreign churched is solely based on Sunday issues.

I can't he holier than the Archbishop.
Was it the "average Edo man" that heavily protested against the imposition of Anambra Bishop Okpalaeke in Imo State?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by juman(m): 8:04am On Feb 08, 2022
He might be saying the truth.
Their leadership should look into what he claimed.

But Catholic in Nigeria are mainly igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Bashir75: 8:04am On Feb 08, 2022
chiefobdk2:

we are not leaving.. I'm coming back to Nigeria to buy a house in lagos this year.. tell me if you re ready to sell ur leaking grandfather hut..so u can move to badagry or ikorodu

SURELY, YOU WILL MOVE THROUGH THE FOREST OR ATLANTIC OCEAN WHEN THE TIME COMES. WE JUST NEED ONE TRIBAL LEADER AS GOVERNOR OR INDIGENOUS PEOPLE’S MOVEMENT WHO ARE TIRED OF YOUR DECEIT. THAT’S ALL. YOU WILL NOT EVEN REMEMBER YOUR NAMES.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Nobody: 8:04am On Feb 08, 2022
DeAlphaMale:

"Victim of their vengeance"... So u do agree that something has or is being done to the igbo people?

That you are vengeful does not make your vindictiveness justified. It is just another proof of the unreasonable mindset of Igbos.

You go around insisting others have wronged you and then carry bad belle for them till eternity.

For example, all Igbos want to get even with Yorubas and Hausa/Fulani for their civil war humiliation. Yet who caused the war?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by flokii: 8:05am On Feb 08, 2022
It has now moved from politics to religion, soon people in sports will start complaining about that particular etnic group and their excesses.
Most of us grew up with them in our midst free minded till we started moving out, working and thinking for ourselves to realize the "excesses" of that tribe most people complain of. I doubt if any catholic church in Imo or Abia would allow Yoruba or Edo songs or seperate service. They always abuse every position of power they get to project their tribe on others not minding the reaction of their hosts.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Barbiturate(m): 8:06am On Feb 08, 2022
ezenwajosh:
Igbos will never know how much they are hated in Nigeria

The hate is deep....the earlier you leave the better for you

But they don't want us to leave!

Yorubas hate igbos
Hausas hate igbos

Ok, let them go....you say No!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Newton85: 8:06am On Feb 08, 2022
ezenwajosh:
Igbos will never know how much they are hated in Nigeria

The hate is deep....the earlier you leave the better for you
If you're so hated why are your people still moving to regions that you're hated. Shouldn't you and your people still moving to Eboeland enmasse to avoid living with people who hate you?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by chiefobdk2: 8:06am On Feb 08, 2022
Bashir75:

SURELY, YOU WILL MOVE THROUGH THE FOREST OR ATLANTIC OCEAN WHEN THE TIME COMES. WE JUST NEED ONE TRIBAL LEADER AS GOVERNOR OR INDIGENOUS PEOPLE’S MOVEMENT WHO ARE TIRED OF YOUR DECEIT. THAT’S ALL. YOU WILL NOT EVEN REMEMBER YOUR NAMES.

your tears is delicious.. mention me wen you or ur frienfs want to sell ur leaking grandfather hut...i mean in lagos. not in backward Osun village

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Tekuzukite: 8:07am On Feb 08, 2022
There is definitely more to this story than we are reading.
I don't think the Priest can just wake up one day and say such a thing for no reason.
Even if his reason is "unreasonable", did the Parish members try to resolve the matter with the Priest?

It's sad though that tribalism is loud in the church too...#sigh

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 08, 2022
Newton85:
If you're so hated why are your people still moving to regions that you're hated. Shouldn't you and your people still moving to Eboeland enmasse to avoid living with people who hate you?

Lol. Commonsense reasoning is not common amongst Igbos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Newton85: 8:09am On Feb 08, 2022
SmartPolician:
The Rev father is not smart at all.

Without the Igbos in Lagos, Catholic Church is dead in the state.

The Yorubas are mostly Muslims and Protestants.
Must you bring Yorubas into every nonsense that affects you people? The priest James Anelu isn't Yoruba so why bring Yoruba into it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by chiefobdk2: 8:09am On Feb 08, 2022
LILTJAY1:
Igbo people with their annoying attitude. .
Cursed people from hell
you family and generation are cursed.

thats why u will never do well in life

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by martinsagbor45(m): 8:09am On Feb 08, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
athaboi:
I think the priest should be checked mentally and not just suspending him! I believe that something is wrong with him mentally. A parish that you are the one in charge, even if you feel there are somethings you want to be adjusted...you don't come to the alter to say something like this. You are in charge so you can easily speak to the chore master anytime within the week about the type of mixed songs you want to be hearing during mass but booom he climbed the alter and was boldly making a derogatory comments. The truth is that all blacks especially Nigerians are racists on their own....so much hate and evil among Nigerians, no exception
YOU JUST SPOKE MY MIND... HE DEFINITELY NEEDS MENTAL CHECKS.... HE COULD HAVE QUIETLY CONTROLLED D KIND OF SONGS TO BE PLAYED DURING MASS BY JUST ONE SINGLE PHONE CALL TO THE CHOIR MASTER... NOT GOING TO THE ALTER TO PROMOTE HATE FOR OTHER TRIBES....ITS WELL O

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by chiefobdk2: 8:10am On Feb 08, 2022
Newton85:

to continue to dominate you and pepper you

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by BeardedmeatR(m): 8:10am On Feb 08, 2022
Dsalvo:

The part in bold is always being levelled at "unreasonable" Igbos universally be it Accra, Nairobi or Joburg.

Igbos will always shout when Yorubas insist their excesses in Lagos is constituting a nuisance to others. Thank God this Priest is not 'Afonja'.
What are these excesses you talk about?

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by lomprico(m): 8:11am On Feb 08, 2022
Dsalvo:

Lol. Can you Igbos ever act educated and refined? So you have a crystal ball to read beyond what is written to somehow link Yorubas with this?

Father James Anelu has a problem with Igbo "excesses" and somehow it is Yorubas that put him up to it?

You Igbos will never heal to be better loved and accepted by fellow Nigerians because when Nigerians complain of your "excesses" the first thing you do is attack them and point fingers of blame eslewhere. Preferably at Yorubas.

I dint read were the person you quoted mentioned yoruba or any tribe. Na wha o!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Mzflexydeeva(f): 8:11am On Feb 08, 2022
I am forced to comment. I am not saying what this priest has done is right but I can understand a bit of what he is saying. Banning is the solution rather ways to foster harmony among all tribes in the church should be sought for.

I for one, I am a catholic but going to church in Lagos has been very discouraging. I have attended a mass where the priest was practically giving sermon in Igbo. Most priest especially those from the East forget the term universal when they mount the pulpit. It’s actually discouraging when at a mass all the Igbo people are laughing over what a priest has said and you just sit there lost. If you are not Igbo sometimes going for mass is no use. Just find the readings and stay at home because you won’t enjoy mass. I am not Yoruba either but I know of a church that has Yoruba mass and others in English. So maybe having an Igbo mass strictly for igbos would help.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 08, 2022
Barbiturate:

But they don't want us to leave!

Yorubas hate igbos
Hausas hate igbos

Ok, let them go....you say No!

Excuses, excuses. Anyone preventing the millions of Igbos living in the SW today from moving back to ala Igbo this minute?

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by BeardedmeatR(m): 8:11am On Feb 08, 2022
TheNiceGuy:

Yes, it's Igboland.

You are just a mushin boy fatai grin

9 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Benjax4all: 8:11am On Feb 08, 2022
TheNiceGuy:

Check those court martial by Ojukwu during the civil war, non of them are Ndi Igbo.

this one u wrote is different from d post,see how tribalism of hate is making u to not making sense in any of ur comment...

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Newton85: 8:12am On Feb 08, 2022
Metachit:
you must be deluded,mountain of fire parishes in the SE that sings mostly your a traditional songs, has it stopped igbo members from learning or singing them?
Na like this we dey take tolerate each other? Or learn each other. Damn Igbos just need to be, this hate is too much
True, the hate is too much. Imagine Imo people protesting against Anambra priest Peter Okpalaeke from being Bishop in their state. The hate is just too much.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by 07kjb: 8:12am On Feb 08, 2022
HONESTLY THIS IGBOS MUST BE A VERY SPECIAL PEOPLE IF YOU THINK DEEP
GOD BLESS ndi IGBO IN THE EAST
GOD BLESS IGBOS IN SS
GOD BLESS IGBOS IN ABROAD

22 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Psalm 23 In Pidgin / How Adeboye's Disobedience Built A Global Brand - Leke Beecroft / Ibadan Baptist Pastor Locked Out By Church Members Over Embezzlement (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.