Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,451 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish (36548 Views)

Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated / Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage / Anglican Church Suspends Bishop Adepoju For Having Sex With Reverend’s Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by DeAlphaMale(m): 8:44am On Feb 08, 2022
Dsalvo:

Olodo. Documented history tells us the part every side played.

Now tell us who is responsible for the civil war you Igbos continue to blame Yorubas and Hausa/Fulanis for till today.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Truthisunique2: 8:45am On Feb 08, 2022
Newton85:
Anelu is an Edo name, you clown!
what tribe in Edo answer anelu
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Newton85: 8:47am On Feb 08, 2022
Truthisunique2:
what tribe in Edo answer anelu
People who bear Anelu come from Edo State, end of.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Stevenson1(m): 8:47am On Feb 08, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
James Anelu

https://punchng.com/catholic-suspends-lagos-priest-who-banned-igbo-songs-in-parish/?utm_source=top-story&utm_medium=web&amp

This is like banning Yoruba songs in redeem church or banning Hausa language in the mosque in Nigeria.
People defending this priest should remember when igbos starts spilling their own hate cos na them dey start am but na igbos dey end am.
Soon, you go hear things like "Igbos no wan build bridges" yet na igbos plenty for north and west dey learn their languages for business purposes. Just small Igbo song sang about in church is the problem of a foolish catholic priest.
Tribalism don kill Nigeria finish. Sometimes, I wonder why we are still together... Everybody for don go their separate ways in this country na.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by sorepco(m): 8:47am On Feb 08, 2022
If that is the case it is bad. If i was there i will protest or find a way to complain to those in charge. He can speak in his Igbo but also translate into English so that we all laugh symontaneously...

Mzflexydeeva:
I am forced to comment. I am not saying what this priest has done is right but I can understand a bit of what he is saying. Banning is the solution rather ways to foster harmony among all tribes in the church should be sought for.

I for one, I am a catholic but going to church in Lagos has been very discouraging. I have attended a mass where the priest was practically giving sermon in Igbo. Most priest especially those from the East forget the term universal when they mount the pulpit. It’s actually discouraging when at a mass all the Igbo people are laughing over what a priest has said and you just sit there lost. If you are not Igbo sometimes going for mass is no use. Just find the readings and stay at home because you won’t enjoy mass. I am not Yoruba either but I know of a church that has Yoruba mass and others in English. So maybe having an Igbo mass strictly for igbos would help.
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by pato1(m): 8:47am On Feb 08, 2022
When will tribalism be contained in Nigeria...
One of the things we are known for is... Ethnic and religious crises and its now sinking us as a people...

Sometimes i don't blame those that decides not to attend church, there' is nothing like one body, one baptism or one people... I tell you we are all deceiving ourselves

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by izubext007: 8:47am On Feb 08, 2022
Lust mind
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Ykc2(m): 8:48am On Feb 08, 2022
MyopicMods:

Sad as it may Sound, Onitsha is not Igbo land and has never been.
what made onitsha not igbo land?onitsha Town is one tiny place ,Upper iweka is obosi

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by LILTJAY1: 8:48am On Feb 08, 2022
Igbo people are cursed. .
I swear to god grin grin
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by franchasng: 8:48am On Feb 08, 2022
Newton85:
He's a boring priest because he doesn't want the non-Eboes in his parish feel left out? How can your people be rendering services exclusively in Eboe when there are non-Eboes in the same church? Does it make any sense to you?
Ordinary English comprehension you cannot grab, oya go to school, you refused grin

Where did they say the Church delivers service in Igbo? shocked

Even in my Church where majority of the Choirs are Yorubas, they even sing more of Igbo songs than Yoruba songs and the Parish Priest nor the Zonal Minister who are both Yorubas haven't made a complain about this, in fact our Zonal Pastor always say it boldly that he is half Igbo, that even though none of his parents are Igbos, that he strongly believe that he has an Igbo blood and true to his words, one of his daughters married an Igbo guy cheesy

So be dulling yourself hitting your empty hand on a fully loaded moving tipper cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by sweetjohn(m): 8:50am On Feb 08, 2022
Dsalvo:

The part in bold is always being levelled at "unreasonable" Igbos universally be it Accra, Nairobi or Joburg.

Igbos will always shout when Yorubas insist their excesses in Lagos is constituting a nuisance to others. Thank God this Priest is not 'Afonja'.
So dominating is nuisance. You are mad with no apologies. But let me shock you and your illiterate likes, the Igbos don't give a Bleep about your pains and hate. We will keep dominating, until your people and the entire Africa start giving their children Igbo names. Idiotic baboon

11 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:50am On Feb 08, 2022
Newton85:
The real marginalization happens amongst you people. How do you want a non-Eboe Catholic to feel when you guys are rendering services exclusively in Eboe when the church isn't an Eboe church in the East?
How old are you? What is Eboe, or you think it makes you smart? You are sounding so stupid

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by sorepco(m): 8:51am On Feb 08, 2022
I c ur point. But what i dont understandis why don't the indigents of the area join the choir? Why must the igbos dominate a church choir in lagos? Other tribes should join the choir. As such they would now teach the whole choir their tribal songs also!

[quote author=flokii post=110053746]

That's because some people don't respect boundaries or respect their hosts... How will you go to a church where the priest is not Igbo, doesn't speak or understand the language and start singing chorus in it. What happened to English or the local language in the area which is Yoruba?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by itsene: 8:51am On Feb 08, 2022
Meninmen:

If you were not mentally deranged, you would have recognized that there is no where the post supports your baseless accusations about Edo people hating igbos. How did Edo people even come into this matter?.
The priest said that was how an Igbo man became a priest in a parish in Benin. Does that not signify you that Edo people don't care about tribe for allowing an igbo man to be their priest?. Edo people hate igbos but they allowed an Igbo man to become their priest. Does that make any sense to you?

It is this character that has made your tribe the most endangered tribe in Nigeria. Hausas/fulanis hate igbos. Yoruba hate igbos. Ikwere people hate igbos. Urhobo people hate igbos. Now Edo people hate igbos. Always claiming victim.
Igbos have a MAJOR problem and it's living their lives VICARIOUSLY through others.This anomie has been ruinous to many.
From Douala, Nairobi to Pretoria. Cotonou, Accra, Monrovia to Abidjan. Talk less of China and South Asia. It's always the same problem, " they don't like us".
Why?
Igbos refuse to check their excesses.
Without an attitude and cultural change,sad to say, igbos will continue to lament their predicament.
What is so difficult about putting the SENSIBILITIES of your HOSTS into consideration before doing anything?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by georgeakins: 8:53am On Feb 08, 2022
Osagyefo98:

I don't know why an average Edo state man has so much hatred for Igbos. They go about on Facebook and Twitter creating all forms of attacks on Igbos.

Even a priest has transferred same to a church in Lagos. You just dey hate people wey no send una...I tire oohhh

Meanwhile, my attendant In foreign churched is solely based on Sunday issues.

I can't he holier than the Archbishop.

Ibos hate other tribes too, they always show bitterness against other tribes , so you cannot expect others not to return the hatred.

I know the hatred and bitterness they displayed against our former parish priest by some group of Ibo parishioners, but he was just too smart for them.

Bitterness is in their blood and they have been displaying it since Jan 1966.

I reason with that priest. The Bishop erred by suspending the priest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Thorondor: 8:53am On Feb 08, 2022
Dsalvo:

Olodo. Documented history tells us the part every side played.

Now tell us who is responsible for the civil war you Igbos continue to blame Yorubas and Hausa/Fulanis for till today.

Quite likely that you aren’t even a Christian. Likelihood of a head slamming lunatic is quite glaring. Go catch cruise with your fellow madmen. Ain’t trading banters with you hence others might mistake me for playing in your league.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Hardfacts234(m): 8:53am On Feb 08, 2022
Dsalvo:

There is always the option for all of you Igbos to move back to the SE and remain there.

That way you will be away from Nigerians who "hate" you and be able to build your Biafra paradise exactly how you want..

Simple solution for both sides.
Since you have acknowledged your hate on ndi-igbo, what stops you from supporting the option of total separation from the tribe you hated so much?

Is it not madness to keep sharing same country with people you don't like?

What you are suggesting is a kind of apartheid, where Igbo (a traveling tribe) will be boxed in a particular region of the country. For you to possess the power to entirely remove igbos from your society, you need to support outright disintegration.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Alohaa: 8:56am On Feb 08, 2022
Dsalvo:

Lol. You Igbos make me laugh with how you always defend your kinsmen blindly. He did mention Yorubas. Distastefully and divisively as well. Below is his original anti-Yoruba comment I responded to that led to the post you quoted.

The mods have now removed his offensive comment below but I quoted it already. Maybe you people should start looking at how you wrong others instead of defending yourselves bkindly and clannishly.

“His offensive comments”
Why not tackle him as a bigot
Why make it sound like all igbos are bigots
Abi yoruba or Hausa or Edo doesn’t have bigots?
Nobody is defending a bigot, I simply asked where he called yoruba in his comments

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by franchasng: 8:56am On Feb 08, 2022
Mzflexydeeva:
I am forced to comment. I am not saying what this priest has done is right but I can understand a bit of what he is saying. Banning is the solution rather ways to foster harmony among all tribes in the church should be sought for.

I for one, I am a catholic but going to church in Lagos has been very discouraging. I have attended a mass where the priest was practically giving sermon in Igbo. Most priest especially those from the East forget the term universal when they mount the pulpit. It’s actually discouraging when at a mass all the Igbo people are laughing over what a priest has said and you just sit there lost. If you are not Igbo sometimes going for mass is no use. Just find the readings and stay at home because you won’t enjoy mass. I am not Yoruba either but I know of a church that has Yoruba mass and others in English. So maybe having an Igbo mass strictly for igbos would help.
You are talking nonsense as a coded tribal bigot you are lolz

The Parish Priest is not an Igbo, so there is no way Mass will be conducted in Igbo when the Parish Priest here is not even Igbo.

He is complaining of Igbo songs rendered by Choirs not Mass.

And if you check very well, majority of the trending Christian songs in Nigeria today were song by Igbo artistes and then Yorubas with other tribes, so its expected that Igbo songs will dominate in a Catholic Church in Nigeria because Igbos are the pillar of Catholic.

Most Celestial Church sing Yoruba songs cos Yorubas own Cele Church. RCCG, Winners, etc are different because even though the GOs are Yorubas, Igbos form part of the majority of their congregations unlike Catholic Church that most Yorubas have almost left for New Pentecostal churches

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Newton85: 8:56am On Feb 08, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
How old are you? What is Eboe, or you think it makes you smart? You are sounding so stupid
Eboe is Eboe.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Newton85: 8:58am On Feb 08, 2022
franchasng:
Ordinary English comprehension you cannot grab, oya go to school, you refused grin

Where did they say the Church delivers service in Igbo? shocked

Even in my Church where majority of the Choirs are Yorubas, they even sing more of Igbo songs than Yoruba songs and the Parish Priest nor the Zonal Minister who are both Yorubas haven't made a complain about this, in fact our Zonal Pastor always say it boldly that he is half Igbo, that even though none of his parents are Igbos, that he strongly believe that he has an Igbo blood and true to his words, one of his daughters married an Igbo guy cheesy

So be dulling yourself hitting your empty hand on a fully loaded moving tipper cheesy
James Anelu is right. Eboe excesses must be checkmated in his church. I fully support him.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by BeardedmeatR(m): 8:59am On Feb 08, 2022
Newton85:
Shut up and stop wailing, bloody hypocrite. What James Anelu has done is what you people also do amongst yourselves. Didn't Imo people heavily protest against Peter Okpalaeke from being their Bishop because they said Anambra priests are dominating their own church in Imo State? Hypocrites!
Watch yourself before you wreck yourself! You are a total jerk!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by swedbase(m): 9:00am On Feb 08, 2022
Newton85:
Well, I can't blame the Benin priest Anelu. He just doesn't want Eboes to Eboenize his Parish.
But he has been kicked out like a roten smelly egg. He would be replace with an Igbo lover or an Igbo priest. Stupid edo idiot priest. His sister is a prostitude in italy

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by BeardedmeatR(m): 9:00am On Feb 08, 2022
Newton85:
Eboe is Eboe.
Why are you yorob.ber mooslims so obsessed with the superior race? The better south!

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Ykc2(m): 9:00am On Feb 08, 2022
Newton85:
True, the hate is too much. Imagine Imo people protesting against Anambra priest Peter Okpalaeke from being Bishop in their state. The hate is just too much.
just the way akintola loved awolowo until operation wetie

7 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by swedbase(m): 9:01am On Feb 08, 2022
Newton85:
James Anelu is right. Eboe excesses must be checkmated in his church. I fully support him.

I will Bleep your mother at your grave you idiot

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 08, 2022
TheNiceGuy:

Yes, it's Igboland.

Ndi Igbo and transgressions

Wherever they are, their first aim is how to dominate.

This is why they shouldn't be entrusted with power.

Check what Aguyi Ironsi did just few months he was a ruler.
Check those biafra soldiers court martial by Ojukwu during the civil war, non of them are Ndi Igbo.

Check what Azikwe tried to do in Southwest (by representing the region upon the numbers of literate mind among Yorubas) before Awolowo cornered his mischievous move

Check those killed and spare by Kaduna Nzegu and Owaboshi.

They're just pretending, give power to them and be a victim of their vengeance
forget what Igbos will do with power when given. Let's talk about what Yorubas are currently doing with power

7 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Tomek09(m): 9:04am On Feb 08, 2022
[s]
Dsalvo:

There is always the option for all of you Igbos to move back to the SE and remain there.

That way you will be away from Nigerians who "hate" you and be able to build your Biafra paradise exactly how you want..

Simple solution for both sides.
[/s]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by swedbase(m): 9:04am On Feb 08, 2022
LILTJAY1:
Igbo people are cursed. .
I swear to god grin grin
I will Zap your mother doggy at your grave

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by olisaEze(m): 9:06am On Feb 08, 2022
Not even priests are exempt from having a mental breakdown. A man who conducts mass in a dead language is angry that choruses are being sung in a language understood by many in his congregation?? The foolishness of the Blackman knows no bounds. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Ykc2(m): 9:08am On Feb 08, 2022
Newton85:

Lol, you're talking about a Catholic church in Imo or Abia allowing Yoruba or Edo songs or separate service? You're going too far bro. Have you forgotten how the people of Imo State heavily protested against Anambra priest Peter Okpalaeke from being made a Bishop over them in Imo state, just because they felt Anambra priests are dominating them in their own Catholic churches in Imo State?

The thing is, when Eboes cry about certain treatments from other ethnic groups, just believe they do worst amongst themselves. They'll cry about political thugs harassing voters in Festac as an attack on Eboe voters in Lagos, but won't talk about how Ngwa people threatened to kill all "Ndi Ohuhus" (non-Ngwas) in Aba if they voted against Okezie Ikpeazu. Ngwa people even placed coffins across many places in Aba just to threaten their fellow Eboes. I don't take their tears seriously.
that's why I love how awolowo and akintola was best of friends to extent of operation wetie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen: Apostle Johnson Suleman Blows Hot / Pastor Augustina Drumgbe 'Oyegeyege' Dies During Child Birth / Prophet Mezziah Mrakpor & His Members Worship In Waterlogged Church (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.