Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,735 members, 7,827,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish (36672 Views)

Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated / Catholic Church Suspends Father Mbaka Over Row With Buhari, Followers On Rampage / Anglican Church Suspends Bishop Adepoju For Having Sex With Reverend’s Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by LordIsaac(m): 9:37am On Feb 08, 2022
It is now clear that Nigeria is a contraption of hypocrisy. Hmmmm.....a house divided against itself cannot stand. It is just a matter of time!

6 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by franchasng: 9:39am On Feb 08, 2022
Newton85:
James Anelu is right. Eboe excesses must be checkmated in his church. I fully support him.
Hahahaha, he is correcting it from his suspension. He should pray Pope Francis who see Nigerian Catholics as Igbos dont get to hear this and order his complete sacking as a Rev. Father shocked

7 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by mrnatural(m): 9:41am On Feb 08, 2022
Dsalvo:

There is always the option for all of you Igbos to move back to the SE and remain there.

That way you will be away from Nigerians who "hate" you and be able to build your Biafra paradise exactly how you want..

Simple solution for both sides.

This is the exact same thing South Africans say to Nigerians and then you attack them and call them xhynophobia.

Talk about double standard.

7 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Aboguede(m): 9:46am On Feb 08, 2022
Seconded!

ezenwajosh:
Igbos will never know how much they are hated in Nigeria

The hate is deep....the earlier you leave the better for you but all those doing one Nigeria only cares about political gain to ge their own share....if we all wait for all of you to take turns to get your share of the national loot how many of us will be alive....how deep would we have sunk into the hate....would we be able to still come out or would we have turned to cricket that is producing oil from its own body while its being roasted on fire?

Yesterday they called you well meaning Igbo's and good people of Igbo's all for you to help them point out those who have seen there is no hope for Igbo's in nigeria.... You help them pointed them out and they killed them off, arrested some and torturing them till today while you are doing it to show you are ONE NIGERIAN....they told you only few un-educated miscreants Igbo's are the ones that wants out of Nigeria...today YOU the educated Igbo's who showed you're a ONE NIGERIAN by pointing out to be killed your brothers and sisters who sees no future, who sees the hate on Igbo's, the injustice on Igbo's in Nigeria and decided they want out. Today you now told them YOU WANT PRESIDENCY and they are now calling both you the EDUCATED IGBO AND THE UN-EDUCATED IGBOS AND MISCREANTS IPOB

THEY NOW MAKE MOCKERY OF YOU ASKING YOU WHAT DO YOU WANT BIAFRA OR PRESIDENCY

THEY NOW CALLED YOU IPOB despite helping them point out your brothers to be killed.

Jonathan lost election they made mockery of Igbo's that we put our egg in one basket... Told Jonathan's they are not Igbo's they are south south....the south south we stood by their brother Jonathan reminded us we are not together.

When will Igbo's realise that no matter the horse you back in Nigeria you are on your own....when will Igbo's realise the only thing holding Nigeria together is the HATRED FOR IGBOS.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 08, 2022
angelfallz:
In the real life example you sited was it an English mass?

What you said is correct but what if the other ethnics are not up to 10℅
Separate mass for them will be boring and frustrating

Let's call a spade a spade Igbo's dominants catholic church in Nigeria even in the North yoruba's have long moved to mega churches own by their Yoruba pastors

That why Igbo's do not have mega churches, well maybe only chosen

The only thing there is to learn the language and enjoy the other side of thing for ones it will not kill you.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Invictuse: 9:55am On Feb 08, 2022
It it unnecessary when you Igbos dominant but necessary when you are dominant. You can see you igbos are cursed both physical spiritually n mentally. This man is not even Yoruba but I blame the Yoruba that reason with you Igbos na dem de give u say but their unborn generation will suffer for it

Datikwerreboi:

Why do they actually bring all these unnecessary divisions

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Benrosaria(m): 9:57am On Feb 08, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
James Anelu

https://punchng.com/catholic-suspends-lagos-priest-who-banned-igbo-songs-in-parish/?utm_source=top-story&utm_medium=web&amp

But una want one Nigeria with different languages. Why suspend a priest who don’t understand ibo language.

No be hin fault post am go hin own state where hin fit communicate.
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by faste: 9:58am On Feb 08, 2022
Truthisunique2:
As far as am concerned churches in Igbo land sing Yoruba songs mfm, rccg etc all bring their yorubaness to east
Always know the part of Edo that you are talking of first

Me I be esan, we dey with Igbo because we hate injustice, as you can see na ipob Dem dey call me sef on nairaland

no vex.Shalom!!
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Arijude(m): 9:59am On Feb 08, 2022
LILTJAY1:
Igbo people with their annoying attitude. .
Cursed people from hell
go to hell !!

6 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by alphaNomega: 10:00am On Feb 08, 2022
That Catholic priest is not worried that the English have dominated his skull that he can only communicate with everyone in English language.

The cow did not complain about all the Latin songs and chants he babbles every now and then in the name of his god.

He should be posted to the most igbotic Catholic church in Nigeria. A rural area will be fit for this man

6 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by coolangel54(f): 10:02am On Feb 08, 2022
This priest is very sentimental and selfish. He should go and rest. You can't do such and not expect backlash especially when the Igbos are predominantly Catholics.

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by alphaNomega: 10:03am On Feb 08, 2022
ezenwajosh:
Igbos will never know how much they are hated in Nigeria

The hate is deep....the earlier you leave the better for you but all those doing one Nigeria only cares about political gain to ge their own share....if we all wait for all of you to take turns to get your share of the national loot how many of us will be alive....how deep would we have sunk into the hate....would we be able to still come out or would we have turned to cricket that is producing oil from its own body while its being roasted on fire?

Yesterday they called you well meaning Igbo's and good people of Igbo's all for you to help them point out those who have seen there is no hope for Igbo's in nigeria.... You help them pointed them out and they killed them off, arrested some and torturing them till today while you are doing it to show you are ONE NIGERIAN....they told you only few un-educated miscreants Igbo's are the ones that wants out of Nigeria...today YOU the educated Igbo's who showed you're a ONE NIGERIAN by pointing out to be killed your brothers and sisters who sees no future, who sees the hate on Igbo's, the injustice on Igbo's in Nigeria and decided they want out. Today you now told them YOU WANT PRESIDENCY and they are now calling both you the EDUCATED IGBO AND THE UN-EDUCATED IGBOS AND MISCREANTS IPOB

THEY NOW MAKE MOCKERY OF YOU ASKING YOU WHAT DO YOU WANT BIAFRA OR PRESIDENCY

THEY NOW CALLED YOU IPOB despite helping them point out your brothers to be killed.

Jonathan lost election they made mockery of Igbo's that we put our egg in one basket... Told Jonathan's they are not Igbo's they are south south....the south south we stood by their brother Jonathan reminded us we are not together.

When will Igbo's realise that no matter the horse you back in Nigeria you are on your own....when will Igbo's realise the only thing holding Nigeria together is the HATRED FOR IGBOS.

I'm going to update my list of what keeps Nigeria together

1. Crude oil

2. Hatred for Igbo tribe

10 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by alphaNomega: 10:05am On Feb 08, 2022
Benrosaria:

But una want one Nigeria with different languages. Why suspend a priest who don’t understand ibo language.

No be hin fault post am go hin own state where hin fit communicate.

He banned the language. That's some Nazi shit bruv

In the fuçking house of God bruv

6 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Ahcu22(f): 10:05am On Feb 08, 2022
An Edo Priest in Yoruba land is complaining. That's serious matter. It is well

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:06am On Feb 08, 2022
TheNiceGuy:

Yes, it's Igboland.

Ndi Igbo and transgressions

Wherever they are, their first aim is how to dominate.

This is why they shouldn't be entrusted with power.

Check what Aguyi Ironsi did just few months he was a ruler.
Check those biafra soldiers court martial by Ojukwu during the civil war, non of them are Ndi Igbo.

Check what Azikwe tried to do in Southwest (by representing the region upon the numbers of literate mind among Yorubas) before Awolowo cornered his mischievous move

Check those killed and spare by Kaduna Nzegu and Owaboshi.

They're just pretending, give power to them and be a victim of their vengeance

From ThatFairGuy to ThatSameGuy,

Now, it is TheNiceGuy...shameless boy

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:08am On Feb 08, 2022
MajorOvakporaye:

From ThatFairGuy to ThatSameGuy,

Now, it is TheNiceGuy...shameless boy

Person wey Dem don ban am tire

His next moniker will be Thatbrokeguy by the time we ban dis current moniker

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by MrGerald(m): 10:14am On Feb 08, 2022
He didn't behave like a Catholic priest, Igbo song wey them dey sing everywhere and outside this country, including Pentecostals and non Nigerian churches

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by cyrilamx(m): 10:16am On Feb 08, 2022
itsene:

Igbos have a MAJOR problem and it's living their lives VICARIOUSLY through others.This anomie has been ruinous to many.
From Douala, Nairobi to Pretoria. Cotonou, Accra, Monrovia to Abidjan. Talk less of China and South Asia. It's always the same problem, " they don't like us".
Why?
Igbos refuse to check their excesses.
Without an attitude and cultural change,sad to say, igbos will continue to lament their predicament.
What is so difficult about putting the SENSIBILITIES of your HOSTS into consideration before doing anything?
Well written. They always try to surplant their host community. Imagine igbos with Catholic priests inclusive in Mbaise fighting to prevent an igbo man to be a Bishop just because he is from Anambra state. They even disregarded the mediation of the Pope. But in Benin Archdiocese, an igbo man is archbishop. Yes the Benins/Edos initially protested this imposition, well they backed down when some of Benin priests intervened. Till date Archbishop Augustine Akubueze remains the archbishop of Benin Archdiocese. The igbos in my parish at St. Thomas Aquinas in ikpoba hill have turned the parish to igbo, 90 percent are igbo songs without regards for the indigenes. We are watching. Lest I forget, the igbos are the greatest "marginalizer" of non igbos but always claim victims. Can you imagine that Airpeace in Benin airport has no Benin man as a staff despite Benin being host community? All their staff are either 80 percent igbos and 20 percent Kogi. They think we don't notice this abnormally. One day just like this priest did, we will take action against the excesses of the igbos. I can't wait for them to hv their Biafra, so that they exit our lands. Those that remains will be heavily taxed with stringents Stay-condition.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by cyrilamx(m): 10:20am On Feb 08, 2022
swedbase:

But he has been kicked out like a roten smelly egg. He would be replace with an Igbo lover or an Igbo priest. Stupid edo idiot priest. His sister is a prostitude in italy
see ritualists and drug pusher dey talk. 90 percent of igbo ladies according to ur "supleme" "reader" KANU is into prostitution. House wives are sleeping around, baby factories everywhere in the SE... Paternity fraud so rampant among your people. Don't worry this is just the awakening, many other tribes will follow suit to put ur excesses in check. Then u cry the usually "victimisation tears". Scion of drug pusher and harlot

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by RedboneSmith(m): 10:23am On Feb 08, 2022
1. There is no ethnic group in this country that is more Catholic than the Igbo.

2. It will not surprise me if a large (perhaps the larger) percentage of his parishioners are of Igbo extraction.

3. Within the Catholic church, I don't know of any language that has more hymns composed in it than the Igbo language. I have worshipped in Catholic churches across this country, so I know.

4. It is quite natural that a lot of the native hymns and songs at a Catholic church where a significant percentage of the parishioners are Igbo, will be in the Igbo language. I am also sure there are hymns in other languages like Efik, Yoruba and even Hausa.

5. One would think that it was mass that was being conducted in Igbo oh. Na only music oh. Music that is supposed to be a universal language. And it was peppering this man of the cloak with one droopy eye for body. Tueh. Tribalism is bad; it is even worse when supposed men of God exhibit it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 08, 2022
mrnatural:

This is the exact same thing South Africans say to Nigerians and then you attack them and call them xhynophobia.

Nonsense. I will never support unjust persecution of anyone. Yet, Any Nigerian who is disrespectful to South Africans on their soil, to the extent of dragging "no man's land" ownership with indigenes, deserves what they get.

You dont want to know the number of Nigerians living and succeeding in the diaspora without the arrogant, insensitive and disrespectful sense of entitlement Igbos operate with everywhere they go.

You are talking to a well-exposed individual my friend. For example, I know how I behave in Accra and know how Igbos do. I see it with my own eyes.

If you think South Africans, Ghanaians and co will accept the disrespect and unreasonable behaviour fellow Nigerians accept feom Igbos in their own land then you are not wise. 'One Nigeria' no dey Accra, Joburg, Nairobi, Yaounde etal.
Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Britain4(m): 10:26am On Feb 08, 2022
The facts are there
80% of my people are Catholic
Igbo's are Catholic to the core
You can't hate but accept the facts

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by zumbigbo(m): 10:32am On Feb 08, 2022
This is funny...Was in Abidjan - Jan/21 - left my friend's bar to buy some roasted chicken, next to to Bom Pasteur Church - heard rousing voices coming from inside the packed church - heard a rousing Igbo song being sung by an Ivorian choir - I stopped still in shock - AFRICA is special.

6 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by YorobaPIGS: 10:33am On Feb 08, 2022
chiefobdk2:

we are not leaving.. I'm coming back to Nigeria to buy a house in lagos this year.. tell me if you re ready to sell ur leaking grandfather hut..so u can move to badagry or ikorodu
cheesy grin chai! You want that beyerebe monkey to drink otapiapia? grin

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by zumbigbo(m): 10:34am On Feb 08, 2022
[quote author=Dsalvo post=110057096]

Nonsense. I will never support unjust persecution of anyone. Yet, Any Nigerian who is disrespectful to South Africans on their soil, to the extent of dragging "no man's land" ownership with indigenes, deserves what they get.

Gibberish forming as an intelligent response. Igbophobia is real.. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by YorobaPIGS: 10:34am On Feb 08, 2022
AFONJAPIG:
Afonja and Don bring tribalism inside church
abobaku and tribalism are 5 and 6 naa

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by Mentcee(m): 10:34am On Feb 08, 2022
colorsofrainbow:
dem just dey force this oneNigeria when true true for inside our mind we don scatter finish. Unity by force to enrich the polithiefians the more undecided

Yoruba muslim doesn't know how the church works...

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Suspends Rev James Anelu For Banning Igbo Songs In Parish by zumbigbo(m): 10:35am On Feb 08, 2022
mrnatural:

Hypocrisy is at the heart of their thought process. Mental poverty.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Pastor David Chuks Ogbueli Celebrates His 52nd Birthday Today - Memoir / "They Have Used My Destiny For Money Ritual"; Nigerian Man Cries Out. Photos / Pastor Adeboye Walks 7KM With Pastors Before The Kick Off Of 65th Convention

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.