Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,323 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret (25684 Views)

I Regret Getting Married To The Mother Of My Triplets / Sometimes I Regret Marrying My Wife / A Woman From Uganda Who Gave Birth To 44 Children Reveals What Her Life Is Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by Exprofressor: 10:43am On Feb 11, 2022
izuch:
Bro trust me, you don't need advice, what you need is a clinical psychologist. You've obviously inherited suicidal ideation from your mother, since you're having ruminations about the possibility of ending your life. It is not a diagnosis, but is a symptom of some mental disorders. The worst is that is "active suicidal ideation" if it was passive I would have just directed you to one aladura church in my neighbourhood, a good flogging and starvation for a couple of days would dispense the evil intrusive thought. My diagnosis?? You're mad QED
Flogging? No na bros
Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by Kobojunkie: 10:47am On Feb 11, 2022
Exprofressor:

Thank you. I will do as you say
I really appreciate
Don't give up hope abeg! And look online for resources that could help you practice your way out of the rot so you can instead begin to experience life in beautiful colors. undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by Exprofressor: 10:48am On Feb 11, 2022
InTheCloudySky:
Dear OP,

try the following:

Grief counseling. See a certified grief counselor to help you process what happened and to provide emotional support to you.

Grief support group. If you can find one to join, join. Otherwise, check out grieving.com, or check FB's groups.

Forgive yourself. Even though you feel your mom's passing was your fault and you could've prevented it, both of which are false beliefs that you've been carrying around, forgive yourself. The grief counseling should help you with this.

Letter. Write a letter to your mom and tell her everything you're feeling, anything you want to tell her, anything you wish you had told her. However long you want it to be is up to you. Go to the nearest ocean, lake, or river, and throw it in. Keep a copy of it for your own records.

Trust God and His word. Death is not the end, but rather the beginning of eternal life.

Romans 6: 8-9 ―
"Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him. Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him".

My heart goes out to you. May God comfort you. May your mom's soul rest in everlasting peace, amen.
I can't say how grateful I am. If there's truly God may he always give u more wisdom

1 Like

Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by Exprofressor: 10:49am On Feb 11, 2022
buttlover:
The way I laugh out loud when alone e people will think that I am mad. No I am actually trying to stay lovely with myself. Op I hate people too especially those that blow big pidgin English (broken). They are frustrating and lousy. Just find something that makes you happy. For me having sex a lot with lovely young girls and eating good delicacy makes me happy. I wish I can have enough money in the bank, I wouldn't need anyone at all just my Lovely Dog and me.
Sorry for my English
Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by Exprofressor: 10:51am On Feb 11, 2022
KillMNKnow:
Hmm IPOB scammers
Thank you. I didn't remember telling you I am in need of financial help neither did I asked you of any
Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by Exprofressor: 10:52am On Feb 11, 2022
Mikirolex:
Thank you for taking out time to share your story with us.I understand your limitations where due to the childhood asthma which your dad never recognized.You don't have to blame your self for your mum's death.You have challenges you where fighting.
Thank you for considering your brother regarding his pains when you die.All you need now is psychotherapy.You need to go to a teaching hospital in your area to see the mental health unit for counseling.In no distant time, you will be fully rehabilitated.
I would advice you call your girlfriend and apologize to her because you need to start a new life, and have children who would care for you at old age.
God bless you real good for sharing this pathetic story.DONT EVER BLAME YOURSELF.YOUR NEVER CAUSED YOUR MOTHER'S DEATH.
Thank you
Whatever you seek you will find. Thank you so much
Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by Exprofressor: 10:56am On Feb 11, 2022
3coins:
I don’t know why many people don’t understand that there is never Total and absolute happiness in this world. There are ways to feel at peace with yourself and that is what you don’t have.
First, you have to find a way to stop blaming yourself for your mother’s death because your reason for not wanting to relocate to the north was very valid. as A grown human has to make decisions that would better his/her life. You could have done other things to help her though but there is no point talking about them now.

Now, I have to say that you will never be a peace with yourself if you keep holding yourself back from helping people you know are in genuine need. Trust me, that happiness you will cause other people from very little kind deeds will always find a way of returning back to you and it will drastically help with your depression.

I hope you find reasons to stay alive and stop every thought of suicide as you can get through whatever you are going through if you decided to fight.

I am indebted to all who spared their time for my sake. I can't control my tears as I type... I can't just take off my mom out from my life

1 Like

Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by Exprofressor: 11:07am On Feb 11, 2022
beautyhd:
You start by forgiving yourself for not being there for your mom.

Stay closer or communicate more with your brother since he has more positive attitude.

You chose to be like this, both of you had same parents but he turned out better.

Forgiving your dad will be difficult but you'll have to for closure and your own peace of mind.
What of your other sister, no mention of her in your write up.

Learning how to give as an adult will be difficult, but try an locate an orphanage near you. Get some gifts and visit them, don't just drop the gifts and move, play with the kids and I bet you when you're done and home your view towards life and giving will change.

Be good and positive and avoid bitter people and peeps with negative vibes.
Thank you sir. And as for my sis, I wanted to be brief as I could maybe that's why I left her part. She is into military cadet of a thing and still lives in the North with my maternal relatives
My snr bro is doing everything he can to make her come back but she have lived almost all her life in the North.
The last time she came here was when we lost our last born and she and my mom stayed for only a week or maybe
Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by olisaEze(m): 11:18am On Feb 11, 2022
How old are u to be talking of a life of regrets? Do u think the people u pass on the road everyday have it easier than u because they’re smiling?? Dude goan smoke weed joor, it’ll calm u & help u forgive. Trust me it’s doctor’s prescription. But if ekelebé catch u nor call my name o! Maybe small real life 'temple run' will add some excitement to ur life sef and teach u that there’s much more to live for than the past. In the mean time keep ur head up, brah, ur life is bigger than where u are right now.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by tammie24: 11:18am On Feb 11, 2022
You are not the only one with regrets
We all have

Don't be like that
Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by NOwazobia: 11:19am On Feb 11, 2022
Hmmm
Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by Hapinex01: 11:20am On Feb 11, 2022
Go close to God or more closer
Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by fotadmowmend(m): 11:22am On Feb 11, 2022
All you need is Jesus....
Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by Omorefe1975(m): 11:22am On Feb 11, 2022
God is the author of our Life.Allow him into your Life and i promise you will have good testimonies.
Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by chiefolododo(m): 11:23am On Feb 11, 2022
Exprofressor:
I will try to be brief as I can. Pls read on

I was born in a broken home from two different tribes in the country.
My late mom was a lecturer in one of the state polytechnics though she resigned her job when she couldn't cope with her mental illness. Me and my siblings were only in primary school then

My dad showed no concern for her health and came back to his hometown engaging himself in politics that have benefitted him nothing.

Me and my elder bro grew up with our dad while my two little sisters stayed with my mom, though we lost our last born the year 2005

I grew up with asthma and lacked mother's care. My dad and extended family even my grannies disliked me because they taught I was slow and couldn't cope with my mates

The truth is that my asthma was severe. I couldn't move an itch without my inhaler. The abuse got worse when in my early youth I couldn't do basic work to earn like my mates by working on building sites.

I was called lazy and the day I tried to prove I wasn't lazy, I nearly died of cement dust

My mom died last year April
She died poor and in pains due to liver disease.

I didn't remember giving my mom anything substantial before her demise, though i didn't have, but I feel I wasted my early youth by not making use of the best opportunity that presented itself after I left secondary which would have bettered me

Few years before her death she pleaded I move to stay with her. I couldn't because she lives in Northern Nigeria and there's no job in the area. I am in deep pains!

My mum mental health resulted to her adding hypo in her food and water claiming it's a cure for BP.(she also have BP)
I feel I am responsible for her death and hate myself for not reaching for my mom when she needs me. If I was around she wouldn't have drank hypo occasionally thereby destroying her liver

Now I feel I am becoming a demon. I hate helping people, infact when I see people in need I withhold any kind of help because God didn't give me chance to offer help to the woman I love most. I think because I couldn't do for my late mom no one is worth it.

My lack of empathy is growing by the day.
My girlfriend left, saying she couldn't cope, she says I have to start forgiving myself.
Do you believe I refused rendering help to my dad when he had accident? This was even before my mom died

I have taught about suicide but I can't just imagine how my bro will feel. Despite causing him pains too, he have always tolerated me and I know the damage my death will cause him. I wish I was never his brother

Pls I am tired of being angry and depressed
Is there a remedy for me? Sometime I think I behave abnormal, I really don't know if I am mentally insufficient too

OK
Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by BRATISLAVA: 11:24am On Feb 11, 2022
Life of postman

1 Like

Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by LOVEGINO(m): 11:25am On Feb 11, 2022
Sometimes oooo, some kind of factory reset slap on both chicks is also a remedy.
Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by seankafor(m): 11:25am On Feb 11, 2022
Whatever you re passing through.. go through it, it's your turn..

If it doesn't kill you, it only makes you stronger

2 Likes

Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by Walkee: 11:27am On Feb 11, 2022
The honest truth is that I couldn't care less
Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by Foxykevo(m): 11:27am On Feb 11, 2022
You just need to first forgive yourself and start by having self love..the lack of love when growing up have affected you.
Have gone through such and it was never easy to come out of it. If you could reach out let's talk it might be of help. 08068219364...you can send a dm on WhatsApp.
Thanks
Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by aktolly54(m): 11:30am On Feb 11, 2022
Op go to your mom grave and apologize and cry seriously then she will forgive you. You will see some sign through your dream.
Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by lolu2019: 11:30am On Feb 11, 2022
oldienavie:
I know you have only written just a few from what you have passed through.
Let me tell you some things.
Nigeria is an evil place, majority of people in Nigeria are evil too, therefore the average person grow up in the midst of abuse, torture, pain etc.
95% of people in Nigeria are traumatised from the pain and evil they grew up with, the worse thing is that this has now be normalised and the result is a country lacking in empathy, desensitized to pain and evil in all its fabric.
You see police men, killing people without remorse, swapping inmates for the highest bidder and allowing the guilty walk free.they expect u to man up with nothing. I always tell anybody that cross my path"if you are surviving on inherance,don't call ur friends lazy becos u don't know how it feels to be neglected.

I have written all this so that you know you are not alone, some people on this group have been abused by their own parents sexually for years, how do you heal that kind of trauma, no justice nothing.

Every body expects you to man up and move on.

Now this is my little advise from someone who also had a traumatic childhood like you, but in my own case, people would argue that I should be grateful cos some people have it worse.

The fact you are alive is a priviledge, try to forgive yourself, move away from anything, family, friends that triggers the thought of the past .
This might sound somehow but try to look for a lady that loves you sincerely(this might be difficult but still possible considering the average lady out there is a gold digger) and pour your love into her.

Lastly, dream of having your own family and have a plan to raise your kids and family with the opportunity that you did not have.

The joy you get from a beautiful family will make you forget the past.

I wish you all the best.
Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by Guru12: 11:32am On Feb 11, 2022
What you need is TM 100 mg( works so good for depression) and have something you like doing or focus your energy on your job. And be a loving brother
You don't need any mental doctor they will make your life worse. Add Church
Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by toujurs: 11:34am On Feb 11, 2022
everythinggirly:
Please cheer up and take a break off thoughts. Visit relaxation centres and take yourself out. Depression should be the last thing for a promising future of your kids. Patronize your girl: I do research writing for MSc and PhD.
Did you just say relaxation centres, chai you women are over pampered, that you can't think productively. It's only to eat money you didn't work for that's what most of you ladies are good at, someone just said he is depressed and have hate, to the extent he can't help people in need, and all you could say to him is to visit recreational centre, to lick ice cream, eat sharwarma and drink abi. Too bad

2 Likes

Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by macaranta(m): 11:37am On Feb 11, 2022
Dig deep into your will to live a great life. Don't carry burdens that you clearly can't do anything about. Before 90 or 100,almkst everyone will still die, so why not make the most out of the finite time you already have, why make it daunting again?

1 Like

Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by toprealman: 11:39am On Feb 11, 2022
Exprofressor:

My late mom was a lecturer in one of the state polytechnics though she resigned her job when she couldn't cope with her mental illness. Me and my siblings were only in primary school then

My dad showed no concern for her health and came back to his hometown engaging himself in politics that have benefitted him nothing.

Me and my elder bro grew up with our dad while my two little sisters stayed with my mom, though we lost our last born the year 2005

I grew up with asthma and lacked mother's care. My dad and extended family even my grannies disliked me because they taught I was slow and couldn't cope with my mates

The truth is that my asthma was severe. I couldn't move an itch without my inhaler. The abuse got worse when in my early youth I couldn't do basic work to earn like my mates by working on building sites.

I was called lazy and the day I tried to prove I wasn't lazy, I nearly died of cement dust

I didn't remember giving my mom anything substantial before her demise, though i didn't have, but I feel I wasted my early youth by not making use of the best opportunity that presented itself after I left secondary which would have bettered me

Few years before her death she pleaded I move to stay with her. I couldn't because she lives in Northern Nigeria and there's no job in the area. I am in deep pains!

My mum mental health resulted to her adding hypo in her food and water claiming it's a cure for BP.(she also have BP)
I feel I am responsible for her death and hate myself for not reaching for my mom when she needs me. If I was around she wouldn't have drank hypo occasionally thereby destroying her liver

Now I feel I am becoming a demon. I hate helping people, infact when I see people in need I withhold any kind of help because God didn't give me chance to offer help to the woman I love most. I think because I couldn't do for my late mom no one is worth it.

My girlfriend left, saying she couldn't cope, she says I have to start forgiving myself.
Do you believe I refused rendering help to my dad when he had accident? This was even before my mom died

I have taught about suicide but I can't just imagine how my bro will feel. Despite causing him pains too, he have always tolerated me and I know the damage my death will cause him. I wish I was never his brother

Is there a remedy for me? Sometime I think I behave abnormal, I really don't know if I am mentally insufficient too

Forget about people now, focus on getting the help you need. Get yourself a good psychologist…..also pry to God, He can do wonders.

1 Like

Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by Righteousness2(m): 11:39am On Feb 11, 2022
Brother, your Matter is simple. The solution to your Matter is available for you.

JESUS Christ is the Solution to your Life.
GOD is Never the Problem of man. Man is the problem of himself.
GOD is toooo Good and Faithful. HE never forces HIMSELF on you. It is your Choice to come to Decide.

From Sorrow to JOY Happening this weekend @ The LORDS Chosen Headquaters in Lagos is an Opportunity for you to meet with JESUS.
There is nothing anyone can do for you that will be Permanent . Only GOD can Heal and make you.
Tomorrow,12th and 13th February 2022 is going to settle many Destinies.
Don't Miss it for anything.

Exprofressor:

1 Like

Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by awa(m): 11:40am On Feb 11, 2022
Exprofressor:

I strongly believe that you are okay. The depression is something you need to work on by forgiving yourself about your Mum passage. It hurts loosing someone you love and I do believe you know how bad your Bro will feel if you take wrong decision. Please be strong, you wil pull through.

1 Like

Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by Carlyboi(m): 11:40am On Feb 11, 2022
I’m gonna try and be as brief as I can as leaving some kind and uplifting words would do a whole lot for a brother and that’s the least I can do...

They say everything happens for a reason,reasons we may not fathom which constantly brings out the question why?Why me?but in life everybody got their own thing constantly chasin them,work-hard through the hard life,still....worrying faces!in essence you’re not an exception you’re not an abomination,you’re not a loser or an outcast,there’s no one in this world who has a perfect life everyone is dealing with one thing or the other so you need to perfectly understand this and stop beating yourself up,with that realization you get to prepare yourself mentally as you have your whole life ahead of you and that you can’t give in to self-pity,or lead an absentia life you have to take charge of yours and shape it the way you want and change your narrative.

You need to forgive yourself about your moms situation and eventual passing maybe there are things you could have handled better like you said but it’s all spilt milk now so you can’t continue to dwell on that for the rest of your life...you can make up for this by doing things that you mum appreciated while she was alive whatever it is,things she cherished at the top most of this list would be your immediate family your brother and your surviving sister been there for them constantly and playing the motherly role would really go a long and it would help you heal,also since finance isn’t much of a problem do as much charity as you can donate to charity homes motherless babies and old peoples home,you can also put in hours in these homes just to care and lend a helping hand to people in these facilities.

Lastly I’m dedicating this part to you and you alone...you need to eschew hate from your life cos too much eats up one on the inside and can trigger sadism and it’s a one-way ticket to depression,you need to engage in activities that would make you happy,lending helping hand to people in need see it as you sowing seeds into the universe not necessarily giving to the human vessels before you and watch as you reap and harvest these beautiful fruits back into your life.

Also give yourself purpose(s) in life let that be your motivation set goals,have targets,have big dreams and envision a good life for yourself set as many as possible and constantly work towards this to end of your days this will help you to stay positive and give you reasons to stay alive also we’re not getting out of this world alive while should you be in a haste to quench yours?if life is truly “ YOLO “(You only live once)then you should try to explore and make the most of the gift of life that you have been blessed with by the almighty God.

There are already naysayers within your family circle do you want to prove them right or wrong your mom is not here no more do you wanna make her proud or not?let this constantly motivate you to keep going even when it gets tough also you might need and want to start your own family at some point and you must have a lot of love to give to your wife and offsprings start building up that house of love and happiness now no woman would want to be with a hateful person...Even the almighty God symbolizes light and love be like him bro.

Wishing you a happy,blissful,successful and fulfilled life may the divine force be with you!
Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by pafo(m): 11:41am On Feb 11, 2022
3 things you can do.

1. Seek professional help and it may or may not work out for you.

2. Seek spiritual help.

3. Find a body of water like a bath tub but make sure you are alone then think of all thr moments yoir life took a turn for worse, the death of your mum and all the pain you feel in your heart towards yourself and the world, then let it out anyway you know how. Cry, shout, whatever.

One of the three should help you.
Re: I Am Becoming A Sadist, My Life Is Full Of Regret by na2016: 11:42am On Feb 11, 2022
Pastor Tony Rapu may be handy and very helpful in your case. OP, do you mind messaging him on IG?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why You Shouldn't Marry A Lady Raised By A Single Parent / Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum / Love In NYSC Camp: OCI Foundation Founder Marks 15th Marriage Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.