Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,896 members, 7,821,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. (50977 Views)

Please Advise: What Should Be My Reply To My Boss / My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by rickpat(m): 4:47pm On Feb 15, 2022
KiNg0G:

you missed the real one.

NEVER OUTPLAYED THE MASTER
... yeah...but I really prefer those two, though this one is great too
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Originalsly: 4:49pm On Feb 15, 2022
Bro..... wherever you go... there are envious people... learn to recognize. When you do ... be cautious ... expect then to undermine you and try to get you out of the position or picture. He is your immediate supervisor ... has the power to give you instructions... not to fire you. You don't like how he speaks to you... or giving you jobs that are not in your new description .... report him to his boss... take the matter beyond his control. Better ... report his change of attitude and disrespect to anyone in a higher position than he that doesn't like him. You will see how humble he will become.
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by DaveJacuzie: 4:49pm On Feb 15, 2022
WillyWonda1:

I quite understand you well. But you see there's limit to which you can be patient. This man literally frustrates my work. He assigns works that I'm not supposed to do at all to me and I do with all diligence. This is an organization, and there are ways things are done. But he wants to always show himself.
I don't regret my action in any way at all.

Why not address this with your employee relations/HR.. You acted immaturely, honestly! I know its not easy but you jsut fell for the trap. He now has a case. you would have gone and then you would have had a case!!!
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by UselessBuhari: 4:52pm On Feb 15, 2022
WillyWonda1:
I really don't know what I did to my immediate boss since I got promoted earlier this year. Ever since I got my promotion letter, my boss changed to me abruptly. He suddenly finds everything I do useless.

When I noticed the change, I went to him and begged him to tell me what I had done wrong so we could settle everything and get back along. But he said I did nothing wrong and I shouldn't worry about anything. So I locked up and was doing my job to the best of my ability.
So he did something that sparked my madness and anger.

I got an email that I was to go on board our vessel to go and load from Lagos cos our mother vessel berthed in Lagos. And cos of my promotion, I'm not supposed to be a crew member anymore. But I was surprised to see the mail and went to his office to address the issue, next thing he said was 'IF YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR DUTY, YOU CAN RESIGN'.

That statement really sent chills down my spine and I sparked and told him really derogatory words. I don't even feel anyhow about my reaction.
I'm happy I told him his life history.
I'm very excited to have poured my mind out to him.
If I get sacked, I won't feel bad, rather I'll be glad I told him what I told him.
#Peace

You should have replied him via same mail explaining why such isn't your duty and why you wouldn't do it. That's more matured
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by UselessBuhari: 4:56pm On Feb 15, 2022
jjmk:

He was right, if you know your duty you should have simply ignored, fire him a mail stating your duty and how based on your new status you are not supposed to go on board the vessel.
Then sit down in your office and do your job.

No need for the insults and hot words.
Very simple
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by smile11s(m): 4:59pm On Feb 15, 2022
WillyWonda1:
I really don't know what I did to my immediate boss since I got promoted earlier this year. Ever since I got my promotion letter, my boss changed to me abruptly. He suddenly finds everything I do useless.

When I noticed the change, I went to him and begged him to tell me what I had done wrong so we could settle everything and get back along. But he said I did nothing wrong and I shouldn't worry about anything. So I locked up and was doing my job to the best of my ability.

I got an email that I was to go on board our vessel to go and load from Lagos cos our mother vessel berthed in Lagos. And cos of my promotion, I'm not supposed to be a crew member anymore. But I was surprised to see the mail and went to his office to address the issue, next thing he said was 'IF YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR DUTY, YOU CAN RESIGN'.

That statement really sent chills down my spine and I sparked and told him really derogatory words. I don't even feel anyhow about my reaction.
If I get sacked, I won't feel bad, rather I'll be glad I told him what I told him.
#Peace

Now how do you feel about it?

https://gist.am/question/ever-since-i-got-my-promotion-letter-my-boss-changed-to-me-abruptly-he-suddenly-finds-everything-i-do-useless-today-i-gave-my-boss-the-shocker-of-his-life
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by iamjahmeyou(m): 4:59pm On Feb 15, 2022
WillyWonda1:

#Peace

Baba jobs are hard to find in Nigeria.. Learn to be humble and tolerant
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Triangles1(m): 5:06pm On Feb 15, 2022
The same.

solofresh:
Which would you rather do
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Oppy2k2: 5:10pm On Feb 15, 2022
When village people want to strike u, they give u temporary confidence and gradually push u to a fall.

Remember that many graduates are without job.
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by wale0911: 5:26pm On Feb 15, 2022
You just played into his filthy hands. It is exactly what he wanted, to get you upset and lose your cool. If you get sacked (I don't wish so), he wins.Since he isn't the Owner of the company, you should have reported any seemingly and untoward disposition from your immediate superior to a higher superior. Since you said you're good at your job, defending your case shouldn't be difficult. Those that promoted you know your value.
WillyWonda1:

I quite understand you well. But you see there's limit to which you can be patient. This man literally frustrates my work. He assigns works that I'm not supposed to do at all to me and I do with all diligence. This is an organization, and there are ways things are done. But he wants to always show himself.
I don't regret my action in any way at all.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Ramirezkhay(m): 5:38pm On Feb 15, 2022
cheesy

Everything no be by Your head dy Hot
Or
Say You sabi talk!

Learn to dy observe in silence and with that you'll surely know your attackers next move!
If you flare up at any goddamn thing, you fit no reach ur destination on time

IRE O!

grin grin
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:41pm On Feb 15, 2022
SavageResponse:

You are less than a wild animal... unfortunately you have no one to tell you!

I'm not a bit offended by ur spill. I'll only advice you to learn how to avenge ur oppressor. Human beings are desperately wicked, and one of the ways to serve them is punishment.
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by jospepper(m): 5:43pm On Feb 15, 2022
illuminutty:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Boss is that you? grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin I wan shock the guy small.
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by AyoEniafe(m): 5:48pm On Feb 15, 2022
jospepper:
Gave me which shocker?!

Oh so you even came here to boast about it right? Boy you Know nothing.

You will see my true colours at work tomorrow

Khaki no be leather.

If truly you're the boss in question, then I think you just made it obvious that you were actually jealous of his promotion; and that you were truly acting in a manner with the intention to frustrate the poor boy.

Please act accordingly, give him works within his JD's, and be fair enough.

Karma is watching (Matt 7:12)

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Ogbeni2000: 5:52pm On Feb 15, 2022
Most of these people shouting be humble, be humble don't know exactly how much op must've tolerated. I was in similar position with a superior, this person will taunt me, speak foul language to me and I won't talk. Treat me worse than an undergraduate student. Until I voiced out before my due respect was given to me. Being cool and calm doesn't work all the time. Even Jesus drove out people from the temple angrily with whip. Some people here would have said Jesus made a mistake sending people trading out of the temple. Young man, stand up to your oppressor. Don't let pessimistic people tell you , you won't find something better. He's not God and does not determine your destiny.
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by toluleke(m): 6:09pm On Feb 15, 2022
MufasaLion:
I totally understand your situation but I would have not acted like you did, if I were in your situation. People like that should be ignored and avoided at any given chance. You said, he's your immediate boss which means you're probably gonna be reporting to him directly always.

You could have reported him to HR anonymously. Anyways, I'll leave you with two of the Laws of Power :

"Win through your actions, never through an argument."

"Know who you’re dealing with—do not offend the wrong person."

I wish you well.
you never work in a place where they want to bully the younger ones . Learn to fight and put people in their place so they know their boundaries

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by ajailer(m): 6:11pm On Feb 15, 2022
theamazonguru:

Lies. Which job is not safe.
I understand his kind of organization.

Let HR determine the safety of his job.
Though I do not support his kind of confrontational approach,no I do not.

But as per job safety, forget it provided it is not Emeka and sons limited. Neither is it a shop kind of setting, nobody is sacking anybody.
Yes, he can be queried
He can be transferred to another department but not sacked.

At this point, I would rather not be concerned about his job safety, but of his personal safety, both spiritually and physically if he is delaying with a really bad guy.

Na ppl like u dey start fight wey una no fit finish.
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by AK481(m): 6:25pm On Feb 15, 2022
see as sapa dey call this one
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by AK481(m): 6:31pm On Feb 15, 2022
AyoEniafe:

If truly you're the boss in question, then I think you just made it obvious that you were actually jealous of his promotion; and that you were truly acting in a manner with the intention to frustrate the poor boy.

Please act accordingly, give him works within his JD's, and be fair enough.

Karma is watching (Matt 7:12)

there is no way he would have gotten that promotion without the input of his boss. no serious company will promote you without the nod of your line manager.

he hasn't told us the complete story, maybe him dey follow the boss dey drag babe.as per big boy na
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by silibaba: 6:37pm On Feb 15, 2022
WillyWonda1:

#Peace

incase they sack you then, let me know. i get person wey need that job pass you.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by iTearHerToto: 6:59pm On Feb 15, 2022
jospepper:
Gave me which shocker?!

Khaki no be leather.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by youngsahito(m): 7:03pm On Feb 15, 2022
aribisala0:
Imagine!!
Wisdom is far from you

You hear one side of a story and you are calling another person evil on top what you did not witness

The OP naturally will paint himself as a good guy and victim. There are two sides to every story and the truth is somewhere in between.
are u daft? What give u d gults to tell me say insultive word? Are u normal at all.
Meanwhile, are u truth in between? Mr talkative.
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by aribisala0(m): 7:05pm On Feb 15, 2022
youngsahito:
are u daft? What give u d gults to tell me say insultive word? Are u normal at all.
Meanwhile, are u truth in between? Mr talkative.
Shut your mouth
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by youngsahito(m): 7:07pm On Feb 15, 2022
aribisala0:
Shut your mouth
f**k u!!!
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by 123papas(m): 7:51pm On Feb 15, 2022
You should have tabled the matter to HR than to insult him
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by WillyWonda1: 8:34pm On Feb 15, 2022
Mom007:

... So what did you told him?
Lol. Anyway, calm down. Its possible your promotion made him uneasy. Like whoa! This young buck is gunning for my job ooo! But he needs to chill. Nobody rises by suppressing others.
Offshore jobs... I've always wanted one of those, even if its just for the experience. How does one get such jobs sef?

Send me a mail with your CV attached

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by MrJavaS: 9:19pm On Feb 15, 2022
MufasaLion:
I totally understand your situation but I would have not acted like you did, if I were in your situation. People like that should be ignored and avoided at any given chance. You said, he's your immediate boss which means you're probably gonna be reporting to him directly always.

You could have reported him to HR anonymously. Anyways, I'll leave you with two of the Laws of Power :

"Win through your actions, never through an argument."

"Know who you’re dealing with—do not offend the wrong person."

I wish you well.
You forgot to add law 46: Never Appear too perfect. Its like OP doesn't understand that the boss is envious
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Rexymania(m): 9:36pm On Feb 15, 2022
The writer is a lady ����
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by NOwazobia: 10:20pm On Feb 15, 2022
The lies are now getting to much on the forum. Worse still, they are now making front page daily. It's really sickening. undecided
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by theamazonguru(m): 10:44pm On Feb 15, 2022
ajailer:

Na ppl like u dey start fight wey una no fit finish.

I laugh in Spanish
You think every office setting is like alaba international or mushin.

Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by dnawah(m): 10:49pm On Feb 15, 2022
WillyWonda1:

#Peace

just give us small pieces,yes we no say meat no dey for fish head.
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by target100: 11:28pm On Feb 15, 2022
He gave you a shoker and if you feel funny you go recieve, fvcking hater , your type go kill your cousin cos he is doing better that your sorry ass.
You even have the mind to pop your flat head out here chaiiii mumu I know say next for you na juju but you go still recieve back to sender ewuuuuuu.
Oya go and tell your children how stupid you have been at work.
Gave me which shocker?!

Khaki no be leather.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Female Electrician Climbs A Pole In Her Hijab (Photos) / Police Officer Smoking Shisha In Uniform: NPF Launches Investigation (Photos) / Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.