Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,353 members, 7,957,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:03 AM

I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. (51484 Views)

My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by AmuRubber(m): 12:00am On Feb 16, 2022
jospepper:
Gave me which shocker?!
Oh so you even came here to boast about it right? Boy you Know nothing.
You will see my true colours at work tomorrow
Khaki no be leather.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Codeofconduct(m): 1:34am On Feb 16, 2022
WillyWonda1:

Send me a mail with your CV attached

Hi can I also PM you with my CV too
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by otipoju(m): 1:57am On Feb 16, 2022
Gentlerespect76:
Don't ever allow the behaviour of someone to push you into acting thoughtlessly and leading to your downfall. There are mean humans everywhere but you have your dreams to pursue; stay focused.

My advice to you now that you have acted without caution is this: Go apologize to him for your behaviour and stay clear of him while you chart your future plans under the security which your present job offers. None queries their boss except they've got other jobs. God will see you through.

Its easier said than done. Sometimes you have to damn the consequences and put the bully in his place.
I did this to one Peuto Rican lady. I knew that would be my last day..but after i raked for her i felt proud of myself and still do till tbis very day. I lost a lucrative position and i suffered for it but am glad i did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by SilvanusII(m): 2:49am On Feb 16, 2022
How far na, guy? You posted this on 12th. Today na 16. Ẹ never react?
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by bepositive11: 3:14am On Feb 16, 2022
MufasaLion:
I totally understand your situation but I would have not acted like you did, if I were in your situation. People like that should be ignored and avoided at any given chance. You said, he's your immediate boss which means you're probably gonna be reporting to him directly always.

You could have reported him to HR anonymously. Anyways, I'll leave you with two of the Laws of Power :

"Win through your actions, never through an argument."

"Know who you’re dealing with—do not offend the wrong person."

I wish you well.

I like reading your comments. Always well thought out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by bepositive11: 3:16am On Feb 16, 2022
WillyWonda1:
I really don't know what I did to my immediate boss since I got promoted earlier this year. Ever since I got my promotion letter, my boss changed to me abruptly. He suddenly finds everything I do useless.

When I noticed the change, I went to him and begged him to tell me what I had done wrong so we could settle everything and get back along. But he said I did nothing wrong and I shouldn't worry about anything. So I locked up and was doing my job to the best of my ability.
So he did something that sparked my madness and anger.

I got an email that I was to go on board our vessel to go and load from Lagos cos our mother vessel berthed in Lagos. And cos of my promotion, I'm not supposed to be a crew member anymore. But I was surprised to see the mail and went to his office to address the issue, next thing he said was 'IF YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR DUTY, YOU CAN RESIGN'.

That statement really sent chills down my spine and I sparked and told him really derogatory words. I don't even feel anyhow about my reaction.
I'm happy I told him his life history.
I'm very excited to have poured my mind out to him.
If I get sacked, I won't feel bad, rather I'll be glad I told him what I told him.
#Peace

I'd advise you to next time have a heart to heart conversation with him first before the anger builds up and explode like it just did
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by MufasaLion: 5:17am On Feb 16, 2022
bepositive11:

I like reading your comments. Always well thought out

Thanks, Chief. smiley

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by jospepper(m): 7:01am On Feb 16, 2022
AyoEniafe:

If truly you're the boss in question, then I think you just made it obvious that you were actually jealous of his promotion; and that you were truly acting in a manner with the intention to frustrate the poor boy.

Please act accordingly, give him works within his JD's, and be fair enough.

[b]Karma is watching (Matt 7:12)

1 Peter 2:18, NASB: Servants, be subject to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and gentle, but also to those who are harsh.
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Gentlerespect76: 8:15am On Feb 16, 2022
otipoju:

Its easier said than done. Sometimes you have to damn the consequences and put the bully in his place.
I did this to one Peuto Rican lady. I knew that would be my last day..but after i raked for her i felt proud of myself and still do till tbis very day. I lost a lucrative position and i suffered for it but am glad i did.

You are glad that you did it and suffered says a lot about your whole person. You are alone, else all whose destiny is tied with yours (such as your wife/children) would have also suffered, all thanks to your ego.

Having said that, do not think that by my position I support subservience. No. But as a man you should be methodical and very calculating in navigating life's obstackles as you move upstream ( I.e if you understand what I mean) so that in solving a problem you do not land in a bigger one. This is my point.
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by otipoju(m): 8:43am On Feb 16, 2022
Gentlerespect76:

You are glad that you did it and suffered says a lot about your whole person. You are alone, else all whose destiny is tied with yours (such as your wife/children) would have also suffered, all thanks to your ego.

Having said that, do not think that by my position I support subservience. No. But as a man you should be methodical and very calculating in navigating life's obstackles as you move upstream ( I.e if you understand what I mean) so that in solving a problem you do not land in a bigger one. This is my point.

When someone is deliberately provoking you. For over 6 months. You even went to appeal to the husband that you want to work in peace, appealed to the lady in question that you just want to do your work without any wahala but still she wont stop her nonsense...then you have to put her in her place. I was broke for like 3 months but today I am 10 times better.

Sometimes you need to remind yourself of your worth and stop being spineless. There is a whole universe filled with abundance...as long as you as value to yourself, you will be in demand.

Every time i remember that day that i made jenny shiver in fright when she thought she was the queen of the world, joy fills my heart.

Stop being spineless and thinking you are wise. Normal work place conflict is way different from deliberate provocation and oppression because the person knows your have limited options. They were trying to push me out of that section and replace ne with another hispanic guy. So nothing i did or did not do could be right.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by janeIBfashion(f): 8:46am On Feb 16, 2022
HRSweetness:
Awww willywonder1, you clearly have some growing up to do. This your way no be so oh.

Obviously, your boss feels insecure about your promotion. He probably didn't support it but you were promoted nevertheless and this seems to rile him up.

You need to understand that you should never make your boss feel as though you are trying to outshine him.

As you climb up in the corporate ladder, you are assessed based on your people skills and emotional maturity. Such display of emotions as you did, presents you in a very poor light. Infact any case you may have is dead on arrival and you have given your hater justifiable reasons for his actions.

You should have simply shared your concerns with HR.

Besides, the task you were given, don't you think if you had delegated to the responsible persons meant to carryout the task and supervised the process, you'd have delivered the task without necessarily getting your hands dirty while displaying effective leadership skills, which is expected in this new role?

You are wise
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Mom007(f): 8:52am On Feb 16, 2022
WillyWonda1:

Wow, seriously?
I just sent you an email. Pls check.
Cheers.
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Sensiblerealist: 9:43am On Feb 16, 2022
You struck a chord, or is it cord. Sometimes I look back and feel sad what not ass licking had done to me, especially looking at how colleagues you are surely better than in all ramifications get all the juicy posts and locations. Most times I'm proud that I always stood up for my rights.
These days, I'm just trying to always strike that imaginary balance between going all out and taking some BS.

OMOTOWO:
We possess the same character but we always regret it when the result is out but we feel okay when we pour out our mind ..

We should learn to be cool and calm even in the face of oppression or difficulty .

Someone like me will always tell you his mind not minding the repercussion but it is not good especially when we have people lookimg up to us for money and feeding at home.Same thing you just did cost me my job recently .
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Adgraced: 2:43pm On Feb 16, 2022
Not a wise action you took! Know this, it will help you in your present job (if you will still be there) and future place of work: YOUR BOSS IS YOUR NO 1 CUSTOMER. Whether we like it or not , it is just that. You should have approached the matter diplomatically, like doing this task, then thereafter going to the boss to calmly explain that with your new position such task is no longer under your Job description. Or you may have gone to another person in the company more superior to your boss and air your grievances. I wish you luck.
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Oluwanomso(m): 6:42pm On Feb 16, 2022
WillyWonda1:

Can I send my cv too
I have very little experience tho
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by vislabraye(m): 4:16pm On Feb 18, 2022
WillyWonda1:
I really don't know what I did to my immediate boss since I got promoted earlier this year. Ever since I got my promotion letter, my boss changed to me abruptly. He suddenly finds everything I do useless.

When I noticed the change, I went to him and begged him to tell me what I had done wrong so we could settle everything and get back along. But he said I did nothing wrong and I shouldn't worry about anything. So I locked up and was doing my job to the best of my ability.
So he did something that sparked my madness and anger.

I got an email that I was to go on board our vessel to go and load from Lagos cos our mother vessel berthed in Lagos. And cos of my promotion, I'm not supposed to be a crew member anymore. But I was surprised to see the mail and went to his office to address the issue, next thing he said was 'IF YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR DUTY, YOU CAN RESIGN'.

That statement really sent chills down my spine and I sparked and told him really derogatory words. I don't even feel anyhow about my reaction.
I'm happy I told him his life history.
I'm very excited to have poured my mind out to him.
If I get sacked, I won't feel bad, rather I'll be glad I told him what I told him.
#Peace

Conflict can be good at times. But the problem is using derogatory words.
If he has the ability to screw you up, you have to be careful. I understand how you feel but you have to be careful.
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by vislabraye(m): 4:22pm On Feb 18, 2022
otipoju:

Sometimes when we take up a job, we have to forget our egos. Everyman has an ego and there's nothing wrong with it.
But you have to ask yourself if it's wise to attack as you did or you compromise a bit. It's very delicate.
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by otipoju(m): 4:59pm On Feb 18, 2022
vislabraye:

Sometimes when we take up a job, we have to forget our egos. Everyman has an ego and there's nothing wrong with it.
But you have to ask yourself if it's wise to attack as you did or you compromise a bit. It's very delicate.

Trust me to work that job itself i had to forget my ego. This victimization had been going on every day for months and i had exhausted all avenues except one. I just wanted to do my tasks and go home in peace.

I needed the job and the money because of special circumstances ( extremely limited options) and so tolorated the abuse.

That evening my body soul and spirit had had enough and i put her in her place with scorching words. I felt like a huge burden had been lifted of my shoulders and whenever i remember that day, my face lights up in a big smile.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by excell0001: 10:33am On Feb 19, 2022
AntiMen:
@willywonder, Firstly ,I must say sorry for all of the maltreatment your boss put you through, also I must say you shouldn't feel bad for the action you took cos while I was working as a Q.C officer in one of the top pharmaceutical companies in Lagos, I did same to my direct boss, infact, he couldn't believe his eyes, I rubbished him and his entire lineage, although he reported me , and I was queried but nothing happened, afterwards, the guy learnt to respect me......

I would not tolerate any shit from anyone no matter who you are.....

boss what certification would one need as a a.c. officer I studied biochem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Access Bank Green Internship (2021) / Overweight Policemen Sent To ‘Fat Reduction Camp’ In Thailand (Photos) / Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.