Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,787 members, 7,956,015 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:22 PM

I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. (51479 Views)

My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Tomilola360: 1:05pm On Feb 15, 2022
WillyWonda1:
I really don't know what I did to my immediate boss since I got promoted earlier this year. Ever since I got my promotion letter, my boss changed to me abruptly. He suddenly finds everything I do useless.

When I noticed the change, I went to him and begged him to tell me what I had done wrong so we could settle everything and get back along. But he said I did nothing wrong and I shouldn't worry about anything. So I locked up and was doing my job to the best of my ability.
So he did something that sparked my madness and anger.

I got an email that I was to go on board our vessel to go and load from Lagos cos our mother vessel berthed in Lagos. And cos of my promotion, I'm not supposed to be a crew member anymore. But I was surprised to see the mail and went to his office to address the issue, next thing he said was 'IF YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR DUTY, YOU CAN RESIGN'.

That statement really sent chills down my spine and I sparked and told him really derogatory words. I don't even feel anyhow about my reaction.
I'm happy I told him his life history.
I'm very excited to have poured my mind out to him.
If I get sacked, I won't feel bad, rather I'll be glad I told him what I told him.
#Peace

there is a way to tell someone he is stupid without using the word stupid.
you see ehn, when you fight superiors, you have to fight with sense. I would say your actions If true and not mature enough. when u get sacked, you have others that aredependent on you and its a win for ur boss anyway.

Take him to HR. simple. HR are simple most times tho but that way u won't have anything to regret much

3 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by BadNews: 1:05pm On Feb 15, 2022
No Be Small Thing ooooo
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by TechSkill: 1:05pm On Feb 15, 2022
HA... SHOCK?

shocked shocked shocked shocked In other news, I design awesome graphics at affordable prices...

check below to see the amazing designs...and send me a message for yours. Turn around is within 24 hours

https://www.nairaland.com/6986328/affordable-professional-graphics-designer
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Smartgeek(m): 1:06pm On Feb 15, 2022
Motivational speakers everywhere.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:06pm On Feb 15, 2022
WillyWonda1:
I really don't know what I did to my immediate boss since I got promoted earlier this year. Ever since I got my promotion letter, my boss changed to me abruptly. He suddenly finds everything I do useless.

When I noticed the change, I went to him and begged him to tell me what I had done wrong so we could settle everything and get back along. But he said I did nothing wrong and I shouldn't worry about anything. So I locked up and was doing my job to the best of my ability.

I got an email that I was to go on board our vessel to go and load from Lagos cos our mother vessel berthed in Lagos. And cos of my promotion, I'm not supposed to be a crew member anymore. But I was surprised to see the mail and went to his office to address the issue, next thing he said was 'IF YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR DUTY, YOU CAN RESIGN'.

That statement really sent chills down my spine and I sparked and told him really derogatory words. I don't even feel anyhow about my reaction.
If I get sacked, I won't feel bad, rather I'll be glad I told him what I told him.
#Peace

You did well
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Cyriloha(m): 1:06pm On Feb 15, 2022
This one don para for him Boss.... Okay congratulations �
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Daroldigits: 1:07pm On Feb 15, 2022
No matter what happens, you don't react like that...

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by BennyDGreat: 1:07pm On Feb 15, 2022
Hmmm the man would most likely get back at you.

If he spoke to you angrily, you speak to him calmly.
You have to look for a way to clean this up so it doesn't escalate beyond your imagination

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by jjmk(m): 1:07pm On Feb 15, 2022
WillyWonda1:

#Peace

He was right, if you know your duty you should have simply ignored, fire him a mail stating your duty and how based on your new status you are not supposed to go on board the vessel.
Then sit down in your office and do your job.

No need for the insults and hot words.

5 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by AntiWailer: 1:08pm On Feb 15, 2022
Check 48 LAWS OF POWER.

My Favourite Rule : NEVER OUTSHINE YOUR MASTER.

*Atiku attempted it and have been struggling to become President that if he used his head like GEJ, he would have achieved his life ambition.

You av not shocked him, You will have a down time and the only voice Management want to save you will be your supervisor's voice.

That is when you will be a gonner !!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 15, 2022
Don't forget it is a job. It is not a given, it is a privilege and rarely does it come by. Learn to use your words as well as choose your deeds judiciously. My hand no dey this one you do so.

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by PrinceGallant: 1:09pm On Feb 15, 2022
Honestly, I can say I understand your feelings. But if not for your strong-head, you could have known that you have just created a problem for yourself. I know you are happy, but if you resigns, who will lose? Don't let your strong-head leads you to resignation because it is your loss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Tribalism123(m): 1:09pm On Feb 15, 2022
My boss ones told me 'I will get back to u' after provoking me.
I sharpally wrote my resignation letter and submit and took my belongings and japa.

My colleagues till today would say 'This guy na America them suppose born am. Na no nonsense man even for this Buhari period '

I tell u, that was the most important period of me depicting my integrity and fighting boss bullying.
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by reiddecuti: 1:10pm On Feb 15, 2022
Was here to see a Val surprise gift... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Berankis: 1:11pm On Feb 15, 2022
I understand your frustrations. But I believe you could have been a little more patient (take the shit) for the sake of your job.
It's not easy these days to get employment and another difficult task to keep it. It's a big struggle.
Shits are everywhere my brother! How many you wan fight?
Take it easy and reconcile with him please, don't lose your job because of his envy. Let him to his own fate, he won't be there for ever too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Ultimas: 1:11pm On Feb 15, 2022
Really? Have you really done the best?

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 15, 2022
May be this would help

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by wifeesnatcher(m): 1:11pm On Feb 15, 2022
one of the rule of life: do not allow another mortal to dictate your reaction, be independent of your reaction/action

you should go back to the Boss and apologize whether he's at fault or not, so that you can enjoy more peace in the office, I'm not saying he will be troubling you but anytime you see him, you will surely have emotional imbalance

apologized for your utterances, if he accept fine, if he didn't at least your heart will be free

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Pootle: 1:11pm On Feb 15, 2022
you guys dont have superior. why not complain to them.
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by iHart(m): 1:12pm On Feb 15, 2022
And you posted it on Nairaland. After dealing with him in the office, he came here and read about it. He may forgive you for shouting at him in the office, but he will not forgive you for posting it here.

3 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Oduduwa707: 1:12pm On Feb 15, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by DWJOBScom(m): 1:13pm On Feb 15, 2022
MufasaLion:
I totally understand your situation but I would have not acted like you did, if I were in your situation. People like that should be ignored and avoided at any given chance. You said, he's your immediate boss which means you're probably gonna be reporting to him directly always.

You could have reported him to HR anonymously. Anyways, I'll leave you with two of the Laws of Power :

"Win through your actions, never through an argument."

"Know who you’re dealing with—do not offend the wrong person."

I wish you well.

Noone could have said it any better

Argument has never helped anyone
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by aribisala0(m): 1:13pm On Feb 15, 2022
WillyWonda1:

I quite understand you well. But you see there's limit to which you can be patient. This man literally frustrates my work. He assigns works that I'm not supposed to do at all to me and I do with all diligence. This is an organization, and there are ways things are done. But he wants to always show himself.
I don't regret my action in any way at all.
hear yourself

This is an organization, and there are ways things are done.

Did you do things the way things are done.

All experiences are useful IF you learn from them.
From the little you have said so far you have ego issues. It seems your boss might have the same. Of course we have heard only your own side.

Learn how to operate in a corporate environment Do not act emotionally.

You said you received an email why not deal with the issue by email in a formal way so there is a record of all that was said.
Was a face to face confrontation necessary. In that respect YOU are the one that was "showing yourself"> By that action you have made it difficult to get sympathy. If you want to demonstrate that he is victimizing you for all to see was that the way to go about it

Ask yourself one question

WAS THERE ANOTHER WAY of handling this?

You have painted a very sweet picture but it is clear that somewhere in your mind before you went into his office you had prepared your mind for a confrontation.

Look around you all those politicians doing mumu yessir upandan are not fools. The same exists in all spheres of life.
You have to learn humility..
I wonder what part of Nigeria you are from

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Kobicove(m): 1:14pm On Feb 15, 2022
I hope you have a savings of at least 6 months your monthly wages before you went to start this needless war undecided

You got the instruction by email, what prevented you from responding through email also.

What you did is gross insubordination and not many people will tolerate it

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by chatinent: 1:14pm On Feb 15, 2022
Wetin dey kill Nigerians is absorbing rubbish at work for peanuts. There should be a job description!

I had a similar case. Boss man always frustrating my work to the core...always assigning me to every work! I couldn't continue.

Let them know they pay you for your services; the salary isn't free! You don't worship them!

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by dapolaw(m): 1:14pm On Feb 15, 2022
Now ask yourself, are you proud of what you said to him?

Alot of you don't know what it means when you write in your CV that you can work under pressure.

Learn to manage your anger and frustration.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by chi4ik4(m): 1:14pm On Feb 15, 2022
You acted as a child, pride comes before downfall. The best way to deal with him is planned ignoring and you would have managed his behaviour with ease.
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by jditimiya(m): 1:14pm On Feb 15, 2022

#Peace

Some persons will only come here to do oversabi, by advising someone that will advise you, make una hear if you work with some people if not for God's grace you can even beat them. So bros you did you best and like the way you spoke out, i would have been sad if you lay hands on him. Nice one see his reaction to you from next week.
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by jaxxy(m): 1:14pm On Feb 15, 2022
WillyWonda1:

I quite understand you well. But you see there's limit to which you can be patient. This man literally frustrates my work. He assigns works that I'm not supposed to do at all to me and I do with all diligence. This is an organization, and there are ways things are done. But he wants to always show himself.
I don't regret my action in any way at all.

If there are other people he can assign to such responsibilities since U’ve been promoted and above that level then he was clearly wrong and trying to frustrate u. U are in order to let him know thats not how it done.
Re: I Gave My Boss The Shocker Of His Life. by Aghaclem67: 1:15pm On Feb 15, 2022
You are building and expanding your experience unknowingly when you do those things that are asked to do by your boss. May be you just failed a test for your next promotion. The only thing he can do is to ask for your redeployment to another department which may be a blessing for you. Good luck.

I don't regret my action in any way at all. [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Overweight Policemen Sent To ‘Fat Reduction Camp’ In Thailand (Photos) / Lawyer Considers Leaving His Profession After He Made N10k A Day As Taxi Driver / Fidelity Bank, Best Bank To Work For In Nigeria – Survey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.