Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,392 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? (987 Views)

My Wife Can't Have Children But My Ex Bore Me A Son And Now I Need More Children / Why Do Poor Girls Have High Taste? / Why Do Poor Men Think They Deserve Virgins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by Promzy99: 1:55pm On Feb 15, 2022
I have a neighbor who has 7 children, all of which are not attending any school. They always surround their mum and support her with her akara business, while d husband is an okada rider.

I do feel for them, owing to the fact that things are very expensive, hence the cost of living.

But my problem is, why would a parent, who doesn't have much, nurse d idea of giving birth to many children?

What's their aim?

I once told my mum & my current Girlfriend about my plans of having not more than two or maximum of three children. But their reactions to it was very negative.

Not like I don't like kids, but I would be comfortable raising them, at least up to a better standard, where poverty will be far from them.

But why giving birth to much children, when u don't have enough capacity to training them

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by Felimax(m): 2:03pm On Feb 15, 2022
Sadly, they may not share the same ideology with you.

Most times also it is when things get extremely tough that they end up going for family planning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by Qatar2022: 2:17pm On Feb 15, 2022
Hahahaha that's only place a poor man releases his frustration/anger

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by Bigpapi: 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2022
Promzy99:
I have a neighbor who has 7 children, all of which are not attending any school. They always surround their mum and support her with her akara business, while d husband is an okada rider.

I do feel for them, owing to the fact that things are very expensive, hence the cost of living.

But my problem is, why would a parent, who doesn't have much, nurse d idea of giving birth to many children?

What's their aim?

I once told my mum & my current Girlfriend about my plans of having not more than two or maximum of three children. But their reactions to it was very negative.

Not like I don't like kids, but I would be comfortable raising them, at least up to a better standard, where poverty will be far from them.

But why giving birth to much children, when u don't have enough capacity to training them

For you to be living there means you're poor too

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by Southernigbo: 4:06pm On Feb 15, 2022
I think it's based on the principle of not putting all ur eggs in a basket.
Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by Lightway: 4:08pm On Feb 15, 2022
If a poor man had sense, he will not be poor.

So I don't understand why you think the poor man will have sense and have few children

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by Promzy99: 4:12pm On Feb 15, 2022
Lightway:

So I don't understand why you think the poor man will have sense and have few children

Seriously, am finding it hard to understand what u mean.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by Promzy99: 4:13pm On Feb 15, 2022
Bigpapi:

How do u mean? Like all my neighbors must be rich or what?

Them tell u say na for banana island I dey live?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by Kobojunkie: 4:15pm On Feb 15, 2022
Bigpapi:
So? Does it change any of what he wrote?, undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by Promzy99: 4:16pm On Feb 15, 2022
Southernigbo:

This one looks to me like trial n error. The belief that at least one of d kids would be a president some day.

But life isn't that way. I believe the kind of investment u put up on a child will determine how well or not his future will be.
Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by Kobojunkie: 4:17pm On Feb 15, 2022
Qatar2022:
Hahahaha that's only place a poor man releases his frustration/anger
Releases his frustration/anger by perpetrating what amounts to wickedness- birthing children he cannot appropriately care for into a world they too are likely to end up equally frustrated and angry in as a result? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by Kobojunkie: 4:18pm On Feb 15, 2022
Southernigbo:
What basket is this? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by goshikid: 4:27pm On Feb 15, 2022
Bros na condition make person poor no be person fault, but atleast you fit get hope say situation go change.

And beside Konji na bastard, Even if you get money or not konji go still come where go lead to pregnancy at times. And another matter be say them want fulfill all righteousness, go into the world and multipy even if you poor or you rich. Op you no go fit talk say make guy man no marry because say him no get money.
embarassed
Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by Qatar2022: 4:35pm On Feb 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Releases his frustration/anger by perpetrating what amounts to wickedness- birthing children he cannot appropriately care for into a world they too are likely to end up equally frustrated and angry in as a result? undecided
Look around our society and see if I'm lying, they drink a lot and pour all of it in their wife body
Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by Kobojunkie: 4:37pm On Feb 15, 2022
Qatar2022:

Look around our society and see if I'm lying, they drink a lot and pour all of it in their wife body
Wait... are you suggesting here that all these women are imbe-ciles then? undecided
Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by RedCentaur(m): 4:39pm On Feb 15, 2022
Southernigbo:

Such an evil notion.

They didn't even deem it fit to invest in these children the little way they can, by providing basic education?

They are just gambling with the lives of the unfortunate children.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 15, 2022
illiteracy is the problem here.
Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by soundOsonic: 4:41pm On Feb 15, 2022
Promzy99:

What's their aim?

1. They are always less busy and so they love comforting themselves
2. Most of them that are busy, the only pleasure they find in life is sex, so they tend to have sex more often.
3. 1 & 2 the money used to purchase condom, the way the poor man sees it is like they can use the money to do other things.
4. Most of them have lots of children because they believe out of the battalion, one of them will become president. You know more children means more chances of you birthing a savior.
5. Most of them just like the idea of a big family, and money is not enough to stop them. Just like me I love the idea of a big family that's why I need to make money ( 3 children should come from me while the other 7 will be adopted)
6. Some see children as the pride of a man. I once heard a poor man boasting how much children he has while comparing himself to his fellow poor man, he was boasting with so much pride and I was shock
7. Most poor man body no dey rest until they give birth to a male son. They believe they are less of a man if them no get male pikkin. That's why they keep birthing like rabbit.
Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by Promzy99: 4:52pm On Feb 15, 2022
soundOsonic:

1. They are always less busy and so they love comforting themselves
2. Most of them that are busy, the only pleasure they find in life is sex, so they tend to have sex more often.
3. 1 & 2 the money used to purchase condom, the way the poor man sees it is like they can use the money to do other things.
4. Most of them have lots of children because they believe out of the battalion, one of them will become president. You know more children means more chances of you birthing a savior.
5. Most of them just like the idea of a big family, and money is not enough to stop them. Just like me I love the idea of a big family that's why I need to make money ( 3 children should come from me while the other 7 will be adopted)
6. Some see children as the pride of a man. I once heard a poor man boasting how much children he has while comparing himself to his fellow poor man, he was boasting with so much pride and I was shock
7. Most poor man body no dey rest until they give birth to a male son. They believe they are less of a man if them no get male pikkin. That's why they keep birthing like rabbit.

About child bearing, my babe and I was discussing about it weeks ago where we lodged. She said she loves children that she wished to birth like 6 or 8. When I told her how I planned of having just two, she pleaded and we settled for three finally.

She later asked me a tricky question. She asked me, what if a fourth comes in. I replied her that there will be no forth, after three, we would go for family planning. She asked again, what if it mistakenly comes, I told her I would sell the baby off. She screamed and called me heartless.

I believe in planning. And I like preparation. I have tasted poverty and I know how it feels like being chased home for school fees, not going to church because you don't have any good cloths to put on. The list plenty.

So am doing my best not to allow history repeat itself. Its beta to have two u can comfortably fend for than millions you can't account for.

I feel a lot for dis my neighbor, especially the female children. It will only take a miracle for dis kids to have a better future.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by yomi007k(m): 5:24pm On Feb 15, 2022
Lightway:

Wisdom 101.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by yomi007k(m): 5:25pm On Feb 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What basket is this? undecided

The basket of life.

Basket Aye. grin
Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 15, 2022
Lightway:

While infact the sense behind having many children is the wisdom of probability that among the many children there could be an outcome of a rich one among them who will eventually change the status of the family.

Perhaps that was what Victor Oshimen's father sensed. Just an example of rag to riches via a single poor Child that use to hawk Pure water all over the street.
Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by Aforxzy(f): 5:48pm On Feb 15, 2022
They live by chance, no purpose and no plan for themselves and their children's future....
Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 15, 2022
Aforxzy:
They live by chance, no purpose and no plan for themselves and their children's future....

In reality, life is all about chance. There is really no absolutelness to any kind of certainty.

Or how do to we explain some, kids (alot of them) brought up in very wealthy families ending up being unstable. Some become drug addicts, cultist, very unserious and lazy in school and e.t.c jeopardizing the lives as a result of the pride in being from a wealthy background becoming nuisance to the society. While many has as well moved from grass to grace only by remembering their humble background. The summary is that life is all about how we use or misuse our privileges. May good luck always shine on our path.
Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by Kobojunkie: 6:08pm On Feb 15, 2022
Collinsaik:
illiteracy is the problem here.
Even the educated ones do it too.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by Kobojunkie: 6:11pm On Feb 15, 2022
yomi007k:
The basket of life.
Basket Aye. grin
So you not only throw your own life but also the lives of innocent souls at life in hopes that somehow by doing this wickedness, it will turn out good? Na wa oo. undecided
Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by Qatar2022: 6:13pm On Feb 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Wait... are you suggesting here that all these women are imbe-ciles then? undecided
Jezz that's not what i mean oo
Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by MufasaLion: 6:25pm On Feb 15, 2022
They are just foolish, ignorant and dumb!

Their usual matra is, "Children are blesings from God (god)."

I don't pity such people, especially when they have challenges. They are quick to blame the society, God (god) etc for their misfortune. Jeez!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by MufasaLion: 6:29pm On Feb 15, 2022
goshikid:
Bros na condition make person poor no be person fault, but atleast you fit get hope say situation go change.

And beside Konji na bastard, Even if you get money or not konji go still come where go lead to pregnancy at times. And another matter be say them want fulfill all righteousness, go into the world and multipy even if you poor or you rich. Op you no go fit talk say make guy man no marry because say him no get money.
embarassed

I ain't anti-natalist but I'm strongly against couples breeding like rodents, when they obviously don't have the means for their welfare. There are various ways to prevent pregnancy and for the poor folks, condom shouldn't be luxury to them!
Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by Totiemide: 7:47pm On Feb 15, 2022
Reason for this is illiteracy, not exposed to the norms and ethics of society.

I know of someone that birthed 9 children for just one man...

When I asked her why she didn't go for family planning, her response was a bit stupid to me.
Her reason for breeding so much is because she wants to tie the husband down with responsibility so he won't be able to date other women outside.

I just shake head laugh...

The kids don't go to school, to eat nko come and see drama. They eat different kind of food, 3 children will vote for eba, 3 will vote for amala while the rest will eat semo.

To eat rice in their house is abomination. They eat that when there's an occasion like birthday party, naming ceremony.

Funny thing is the husband ends up impregnating another woman who gave birth to twins, she fainted like 3 times.

No do pass yourself because las las body go tell person.
Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by Lightway: 7:54pm On Feb 15, 2022
goshikid:

embarassed

Poor people have spoken
Re: Why Do Poor Parents Keep Breeding More Children? by goshikid: 7:57pm On Feb 15, 2022
Lightway:

Poor people have spoken

you where rich, i don see your name for forbes list grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

‘is Using The Tongue Same As Mastvrbation’ – SHS Girl Goes Viral For Asking Cont / How Do I Stop Girls From Dominating The Relationship / Why Are Ladies Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.