Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal (60463 Views)

Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far / Life In Germany: What Is It Like For Nigerians Who Migrated? / Portugal Opens World's Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge On Mountains(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by qtguru(m): 6:59am On Oct 04, 2022
I am trying to relocate to Portugal as a skilled worker.
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by oseremenifidon: 10:05am On Oct 05, 2022
I have applied for a schengen visa since 6th of September and this is 5th of October, yet haven't heard anything from Portuguese embassy. What could be the issue?
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by vibrant99(m): 1:23pm On Oct 05, 2022
study or tourist ?

oseremenifidon:
I have applied for a schengen visa since 6th of September and this is 5th of October, yet haven't heard anything from Portuguese embassy. What could be the issue?
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by oseremenifidon: 2:01pm On Oct 05, 2022
vibrant99:
study or tourist ?

Tourist
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Remnita(f): 3:59pm On Oct 05, 2022
vibrant99:
study or tourist ?

They have stopped attending to Nigerians

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by qtguru(m): 10:17am On Oct 06, 2022
vibrant99:
study or tourist ?

Would applying from outside Nigeria make any difference ?
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by hammed71(m): 10:56am On Oct 06, 2022
guys please when is application to Portugal schools going to open
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by vibrant99(m): 11:43am On Oct 06, 2022
Apply from anywhere...

It doesn't matter, Main thing is your situation where you are!

your records there .

qtguru:

Would applying from outside Nigeria make any difference ?
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by vibrant99(m): 11:44am On Oct 06, 2022
December

Most likely

hammed71:
guys please when is application to Portugal schools going to open
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by vibrant99(m): 11:45am On Oct 06, 2022
That could take any longer time,

But a student Visa is 3 weeks.

oseremenifidon:

Tourist
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by qtguru(m): 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2022
vibrant99:
Apply from anywhere...

It doesn't matter, Main thing is your situation where you are!

your records there .

I understand, thank you
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by oseremenifidon: 11:13am On Oct 07, 2022
The last mail i got from the embassy when i emailed them about delay in tourist visa is this!
Embassy of Portugal presents its compliments and informs that it is Portugal that grants or denies Visa and when the Embassy receives the answer, the applicant will be contacted.
My question is this!
Is it Portugal that grants visa or the embassy of Portugal?
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by vibrant99(m): 12:46pm On Oct 07, 2022
All this is done electronically, that's all.

they send you the document into the cloud and its reviewed, by the Nigerian Portugal embassy and approved by Portugal country itself.

So basically, its Naija Portugal consulate, everything dey their hand.

oseremenifidon:
The last mail i got from the embassy when i emailed them about delay in tourist visa is this!
Embassy of Portugal presents its compliments and informs that it is Portugal that grants or denies Visa and when the Embassy receives the answer, the applicant will be contacted.
My question is this!
Is it Portugal that grants visa or the embassy of Portugal?
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by mygodisable000: 12:07am On Oct 08, 2022
Please I need advise. I’m a young guy tryna survive , I'm planning on coming to Schengen to work. Please I need a good advice if to invest the 4million on coming over or start up
A business here. Please I need a genuine and sincere response
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 8:41pm On Oct 11, 2022
I understandhow you feel about the delay, but it'snot only tourist visa but ALL. If you go to Facebook just type SEF Portugal and you will see notes of people who haven'tgot appointmentwith SEF(immigration). They want to attend to pple who are alrdy in Portugal first and soon they would be back again. Let's just be patient and trust God that all will be well
oseremenifidon:

1 Like

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by WIZGUY69(m): 10:29pm On Oct 12, 2022
Bayobishow:
I understandhow you feel about the delay, but it'snot only tourist visa but ALL. If you go to Facebook just type SEF Portugal and you will see notes of people who haven'tgot appointmentwith SEF(immigration). They want to attend to pple who are alrdy in Portugal first and soon they would be back again. Let's just be patient and trust God that all will be well

I sent you a message on Instagram 2 months ago, I haven't gotten a response
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by oseremenifidon: 5:16pm On Oct 14, 2022
Just saw this on a Vlog now
Nigerian no more needed in Portugal!
Does it mean they have banned Nigerians just like the way Dubai did?
I think this answers to why appointments was halted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJITNiSYUF0
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by kimoyo: 5:34pm On Oct 14, 2022
This vlog was posted about 3 weeks ago. Visa processing of any type has been suspended for now
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by vibrant99(m): 3:55pm On Oct 15, 2022
Visa Processing will resume on the 18th of October.

It could have been for some form of maintenance or managerial reasons, It Absolutely has nothing to do with Nigerians or anything.

Happen in August 2020, June 2020,... Doesn't exceed a 30days gap before resumption

kimoyo:
This vlog was posted about 3 weeks ago. Visa processing of any type has been suspended for now
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Tbaby17: 6:59pm On Oct 19, 2022
Can you please confirm if the embassy resumed visa processing on the 18th?

[/quote]
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by vibrant99(m): 7:05pm On Oct 19, 2022
No mail or message to that effect yet...

Let's see what happens tomorrow

Tbaby17:
Can you please confirm if the embassy resumed visa processing on the 18th?

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by qtguru(m): 8:42pm On Oct 19, 2022
vibrant99:
No mail or message to that effect yet...

Let's see what happens tomorrow

I called them today, they told me they were not available but I should keep checking.
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by vibrant99(m): 5:33pm On Oct 20, 2022
are you applying for student or tourism?

They have not resumed applications though, best thing is to keep trying, Call them by Monday too, its gonna be 30 days already, it shouldn't exceed next week.

qtguru:

I called them today, they told me they were not available but I should keep checking.
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by qtguru(m): 6:03pm On Oct 20, 2022
vibrant99:

are you applying for student or tourism?

They have not resumed applications though, best thing is to keep trying, Call them by Monday too, its gonna be 30 days already, it shouldn't exceed next week.

Digital Nomad or D7
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by vibrant99(m): 6:28pm On Oct 20, 2022
That's a very sweet one.....

So they ain't open for application then

qtguru:

Digital Nomad or D7

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by lekejohnson2222: 1:34pm On Oct 21, 2022
I submitted application since August 15, 2022 to enter Portugal for 90 days for a scientific research upon an invitation by a university in Portugal. It is now almost 70 days and I have not heard from the embassy. My documents are still with them. I called the embassy two times and I was told to make inquiry through email. I have mailed three times, no response. The international relations unit of the university in Portugal also recently sent email to the embassy but I have still not get any feedback from the embassy. What could be going on? It is everywhere on their websites that decision would be taken on a short stay visa within 60 days maximum. Mine is already more than 60 days. ......What could be wrong?

Bayobishow:
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by oseremenifidon: 4:16pm On Oct 21, 2022
I understand Portuguese embassy in Abuja is closed and not attending to applications
What I don't understand is why they are holding on to those who have applied earlier on documents for these long.
When is not as if the visa is guaranteed.
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by vibrant99(m): 4:23pm On Oct 21, 2022
is it a Study Visa? Masters or Bachelor?

Do you have contact with any of the people you submitted the same day? This will help you.

I know 3 people that have received their visa within this 1month application suspension.

The embassy is actually working, still collecting documents for verification of Documents, Legalization.

Did you submit at the VFS or embassy?

oseremenifidon:
I understand Portuguese embassy in Abuja is closed and not attending to applications
What I don't understand is why they are holding on to those who have applied earlier on documents for these long.
When is not as if the visa is guaranteed.
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by vibrant99(m): 4:24pm On Oct 21, 2022
Did you submit it at the VFS or Embassy?

lekejohnson2222:
I submitted application since August 15, 2022 to enter Portugal for 90 days for a scientific research upon an invitation by a university in Portugal. It is now almost 70 days and I have not heard from the embassy. My documents are still with them. I called the embassy two times and I was told to make inquiry through email. I have mailed three times, no response. The international relations unit of the university in Portugal also recently sent email to the embassy but I have still not get any feedback from the embassy. What could be going on? It is everywhere on their websites that decision would be taken on a short stay visa within 60 days maximum. Mine is already more than 60 days. ......What could be wrong?

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by lekejohnson2222: 7:17pm On Oct 21, 2022
I submitted at the VFS in Lagos. One can only apply for short stay by submitting at the VFS now abi

vibrant99:

Did you submit it at the VFS or Embassy?

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by vibrant99(m): 12:44pm On Oct 22, 2022
Yesssir...

Hopefully they will answer you

lekejohnson2222:
I submitted at the VFS in Lagos. One can only apply for short stay by submitting at the VFS now abi

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Mark Ukaere: Alligator Eats Student Nigerian Pilot After Plane Crashed [VIDEO] / Kenyan Who Went To Saudi In Search For A Greener Pasture Returns With 2 Kids / Video Of The GUO Bus Attacked Along Lagos-Benin Road, All Passengers Kidnapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.