Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal (60459 Views)

Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far / Life In Germany: What Is It Like For Nigerians Who Migrated? / Portugal Opens World's Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge On Mountains(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Xeeex: 8:30pm On Sep 23, 2022
I'm interested in migrating to Portugal through either the digital nomad visa or through the job seeker visa.

Can someone with info share about it?
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Xeeex: 8:36pm On Sep 23, 2022
dorobybaby:

Most schools in portugal don't require that you pay school fees. Like universidade de aveiro(my school)
Universidade de evora
Universidade do Porto
Universidade de lisboa
Universidade de coimbra.

Infact, de are many. The one that requires you to pay is IPB, and its just the first month because in Portugal, one can pay installmentally. I mean every month, you divide the school fees into 10 equal parts. It's a good place to study

Good day, I checked your school and I saw that they required about 600 euros fees for locals and about 5000 euros fees for international students. Is there any way about this?

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by kingofthenorth: 12:25pm On Sep 24, 2022
Nickigold:

Have read all thru thank u veRy much for ur guidance
Pls as a student going to Portugal for BSC can u pls explain..pls drop ur Facebook Id
pls can you add me to the telegram group I can't find it using the search word
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Hilariousthiago(m): 6:51pm On Sep 24, 2022
Is it true Portugal is no more accepting applications from Nigeria again for now?
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by ehix89(m): 12:18pm On Sep 25, 2022
Hilariousthiago:
Is it true Portugal is no more accepting applications from Nigeria again for now?
True
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by surplusbaba(m): 12:55pm On Sep 25, 2022
Hilariousthiago:
False
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:14pm On Sep 25, 2022
surplusbaba:
False
but dem post one paper..dat means na false info or what.epp us clarify
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by oseremenifidon: 3:30pm On Sep 25, 2022
Hilariousthiago:
I heard thesame o, they want to sort out the ones they have on ground first. To me it's better than collecting money for visa and denying people unjustly.

1 Like

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by oseremenifidon: 4:59pm On Sep 26, 2022
Please it's confirmed now the Portuguese embassy has clamped down on tourist or student visa for now till further noticed, hopefully they should have it on their website! So it's a risk to apply, those who have already applied, you are lucky, your application shall be processed...

1 Like

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by lekkistar: 9:46pm On Sep 27, 2022
Tell your friends and family. Let them not waste transportation fare. This is effective 22 SEPT and doesn't affect applications received before then. This is for ALL VISA TYPES

1 Like

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by eji2015: 10:52pm On Sep 28, 2022
Hello, please i need your advise and honest opinion on this. I have recently gotten a tech job in portugal and am been offered a salary of 2400 euro. The company is going to sponsor relocation to portugal. I have a wife and 2 kids. Do you think salary of 2400euro is a good salary for a family of 4?

Job location is lisbon.
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by lekkistar: 12:29am On Sep 29, 2022
eji2015:
Hello, please i need your advise and honest opinion on this. I have recently gotten a tech job in portugal and am been offered a salary of 2400 euro. The company is going to sponsor relocation to portugal. I have a wife and 2 kids. Do you think salary of 2400euro is a good salary for a family of 4?

Job location is lisbon.

Yes it is. Take the job.
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by RomanGreen: 9:15am On Sep 29, 2022
eji2015:

Job location is lisbon.

Grab the offer with both hands bro, it's not just about the job.... it's also about what the country can offer you
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by qtguru(m): 9:26am On Sep 29, 2022
eji2015:

Job location is lisbon.

Take it still as a tech, you can do side gigs and make money

1 Like

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by qtguru(m): 9:27am On Sep 29, 2022
They said the Portugal embassy is closed in Nigeria, I am thinking of applying from Mauritius.
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by holluwadre: 9:53am On Sep 30, 2022
eji2015:

Job location is lisbon.

Hello i just recently got an offer at portugal also, if you dont mind i like to connect with you

1 Like

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by alakara(m): 1:01pm On Sep 30, 2022
qtguru:
They said the Portugal embassy is closed in Nigeria, I am thinking of applying from Mauritius.
Your plan is cute.
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by vibrant99(m): 6:40pm On Sep 30, 2022
How information is given also determines its effect on the hearer.

The embassy postponed the study visa application to 16Th October when people can start submitting again.

It's nothing to worry about, Most classes have started in Portugal, and any other students are either trying to have their Results verified or would be out on time to meet up with the time the Applications resume.

The embassy is a Mini type and slim workforce, It can't handle 100 applications at once talking more, and by October there will be far fewer applicants for study, meaning your visa could take far less time.
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by spiritmode: 12:59am On Oct 01, 2022
holluwadre:

Hello i just recently got an offer at portugal also, if you dont mind i like to connect with you
Boss, pls I just sent you a message. Pls let’s discuss
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by vibrant99(m): 3:41pm On Oct 01, 2022
Which school?

Start ur verification very immediately...

which Course ? which level? Master or bachelor's? which university did you finish in Nigeria if any?

holluwadre:

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by starz100: 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2022
@vibrant please what is the job prospect for phd student in Portugal both while schooling and after complition of the program. Is it worth leaving once job here in Nigeria for such studies.?
Or would you prefer a Masters in science program instead of a phd in education course
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by holluwadre: 7:54am On Oct 02, 2022
vibrant99:
Which school?

Start ur verification very immediately...

which Course ? which level? Master or bachelor's? which university did you finish in Nigeria if any?

Lol no, i mean a job offer. I am just trying to know what the housing is like in portugal and the cost of living
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by holluwadre: 7:56am On Oct 02, 2022
spiritmode:

Boss, pls I just sent you a message. Pls let’s discuss

I already replied,
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by vibrant99(m): 3:40pm On Oct 03, 2022
Tne embassy is not closed.

It postponed Visa application till 16Th of october !

qtguru:
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by vibrant99(m): 3:47pm On Oct 03, 2022
The truth is, Have a Positive mindset, Anywhere you find yourself apart from your home country is like "a Rat in a Hole". The way out is to first adjust yourself and acclimatize to the environment, As a Nigerian, there are prospects everywhere we go.... the good thing is you can actually create a job in Portugal, the Economy isn't very fat there but you will earn considerably well and take care of your family even if they move with them!
You can stay in Prtugal or Move from Portugal to anywhere else in the world, there is no "food is ready" anywhere you go, even in the USA!

Remain positive, Portugal is a very wonderful place to be, ....

starz100:
@vibrant please what is the job prospect for phd student in Portugal both while schooling and after complition of the program. Is it worth leaving once job here in Nigeria for such studies.?
Or would you prefer a Masters in science program instead of a phd in education course
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by vibrant99(m): 3:52pm On Oct 03, 2022
It's reasonably cheap, even in Lisbon you can see shared rooms for about 100-200 Euros.....Monthly

In Portugal, try to save and save because there is lots of life and people to make you squander it!

holluwadre:

Lol no, i mean a job offer. I am just trying to know what the housing is like in portugal and the cost of living

1 Like

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by qtguru(m): 3:55pm On Oct 03, 2022
vibrant99:
Tne embassy is not closed.

It postponed Visa application till 16Th of october !

wink Thank you very much for this sir.
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by starz100: 7:06pm On Oct 03, 2022
vibrant99:
The truth is, Have a Positive mindset, Anywhere you find yourself apart from your home country is like "a Rat in a Hole". The way out is to first adjust yourself and acclimatize to the environment, As a Nigerian, there are prospects everywhere we go.... the good thing is you can actually create a job in Portugal, the Economy isn't very fat there but you will earn considerably well and take care of your family even if they move with them!
You can stay in Prtugal or Move from Portugal to anywhere else in the world, there is no "food is ready" anywhere you go, even in the USA!

Remain positive, Portugal is a very wonderful place to be, ....

Thank you, appreciated
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by qtguru(m): 8:35pm On Oct 03, 2022
Thanks because I am hoping to migrate to Portugal, I thought it was closed, I will keep an eye on the 16th,
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by PeaceNation: 12:40am On Oct 04, 2022
Thank you for this thread. Pls who can assist by narrating the process on how to apply to Portugal Universities (Bachelor and Master Degree) that are not costly and their requirements.

Also how to go on Visa Processing.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

See The Man That Came Out From Car That Split Into Two After Accident. Photos / Mark Ukaere: Alligator Eats Student Nigerian Pilot After Plane Crashed [VIDEO] / Kenyan Who Went To Saudi In Search For A Greener Pasture Returns With 2 Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.