Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal (60481 Views)

Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far / Life In Germany: What Is It Like For Nigerians Who Migrated? / Portugal Opens World's Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge On Mountains(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by hammed71(m): 9:08am On Aug 28, 2022
Bayobishow:
Alot of testimonies on the telegram group for students. Students helping each other with info. Follow me on Instagram, so that I can share the link with you
bayobi please add me to the telegram group, check Instagram dm
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Ovems(f): 8:03pm On Aug 29, 2022
I have looked through your YouTube channel but didn't find what I was looking for. You briefly talked about someone that got admission for a Bsc and about 2 persons in previous pages have asked about the same but they didn't get a response either. I was hoping to read a response to their question.

Please can someone who finished secondary school years ago still apply for a Bsc program? And can they work and study at the same time? Will they also be allowed to stay back after their study?

Cc Bayobishow
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by oseremenifidon: 7:05pm On Aug 30, 2022
Who is familiar with tourist destinations in Portugal, i want to use it to build a travel itinerary so i can reapply for a tourist visa.
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by mrsage(m): 1:42am On Aug 31, 2022
oseremenifidon:
Who is familiar with tourist destinations in Portugal, i want to use it to build a travel itinerary so i can reapply for a tourist visa.

Visit trip advisor
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by oseremenifidon: 6:46pm On Aug 31, 2022
mrsage:

Visit trip advisor
Okay thanks, very helpful.
So for the hotel and flight bookings which site do you recommend for Portugal?
Again the hotel should be booked for the duration i intend spending or the embassy want to see a minimum of a month or more! Since they didn't spell that out in details in their requirements. People who have successfully done theirs please help out.
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by ehix89(m): 11:24pm On Aug 31, 2022
Bayobishow:
Alot of testimonies on the telegram group for students. Students helping each other with info. Follow me on Instagram, so that I can share the link with you
please ma can you drop a telegram link, can anyone please list the document I should legalize at the ministry of foreign affairs please �.
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by oseremenifidon: 11:42am On Sep 01, 2022
Please i want to know which additional documents should i submit as a way to show tie to my home country as i am not married for now! Deed of assignment or C of O for a property owned!
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by ehix89(m): 10:47pm On Sep 01, 2022
oseremenifidon:
Please i want to know which additional documents should i submit as a way to show tie to my home country as i am not married for now! Deed of assignment or C of O for a property owned!
deed of assignment will suffice
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by xavuv: 10:58am On Sep 02, 2022
Bayobishow:
New update in Portugal Schools

Before you apply to any school in portugal, such student MUST LEGALISE his/her result. This just started this year.

weldone ma

someone asked if there are schools that accept 3rd class for masters degree but there has not been any response, pls help us answer this.
thanx
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by vibrant99(m): 1:54pm On Sep 02, 2022
PhD is very Cheap in Portugal...... less than 2 Million Yearly

4 years and if you stay 5 Years in Portugal you will apply for residence ...

Ph.D. is a great way to head there, don't always be looking for a scholarship for everything, look at the prospect.

Pesbest:
How is PhD admission process like in Portugal?

Which of the cities is best for a PhD student with family?

Are PhD in STEM courses in Portugal fully funded??

Which of the cities in Portugal are best for raising a family?

Thumbs up @dorobybaby
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Lekzy06: 2:14pm On Sep 04, 2022
Bayobishow:
I think when you join the telegram group, you would meet your mates in the group and get better answers. What you do is take your results to Portuguese embassy there and it would be legalise because I know your result must haave been authenticate in Benin before it was handed over to you

Hello please can you drop me your email ?, so I can get the group link ??
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by surplusbaba(m): 1:12pm On Sep 05, 2022
Bayobishow:
You can't stay back according to their policy. However, you can apply to a school(maybe a language course or professional course), that the course is up to a year. Then you would call SEF and apply for resident card. BUT all these must be done before ur visa expires
I just sent you mail. Please reply
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by ogatboy(m): 4:05pm On Sep 05, 2022
oseremenifidon:

You can go to Porto, they have a lot of historical museums there. I ususally use google (just type 'what to do in porto' or 'places to visit in porto') - you can use it for any city
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by oseremenifidon: 9:49pm On Sep 08, 2022
Hope it's okay to apply for a tourist visa for Portugal a month after denial?
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 10:53pm On Sep 08, 2022
@Bayobishow on Instagram
alakara:

What's your handle on Instagram.
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 10:54pm On Sep 08, 2022
You can also Google Guimares too
ogatboy:

You can go to Porto, they have a lot of historical museums there. I ususally use google (just type 'what to do in porto' or 'places to visit in porto') - you can use it for any city

1 Like

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 10:55pm On Sep 08, 2022
@bayobishow on Instagram
Lekzy06:

Hello please can you drop me your email ?, so I can get the group link ??

1 Like

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 9:28pm On Sep 09, 2022
I love your response vibrant. Advice to those who desire to study and have the fund. First of all look at what you stand to gain for yourself and your family(esp your kids). Its worth coming to Portugal. The stress/effort you put in Nigeria, if you put it in Portugal, you will achieve, infact more than 70%, if not more than 85% in Portugal. The most is even after 5years, you apply for PR/C
vibrant99:
PhD is very Cheap in Portugal...... less than 2 Million Yearly

4 years and if you stay 5 Years in Portugal you will apply for residence ...

Ph.D. is a great way to head there, don't always be looking for a scholarship for everything, look at the prospect.

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 9:32pm On Sep 09, 2022
I dont think your land property is a tie because you cannot submit it. Your job can be a tiesince you are not married. But you should be able to write a Convicing letter, that you are returning back to Nigeria when you finish
oseremenifidon:
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 9:44pm On Sep 09, 2022
Im so sorry, I usually go back to respond to those that I have not responded to. Im sorry. i will not sugarcoat it to make you happy. I dont think they are partial. What they do in Portugal is to select accordingly (grade). Grade is not only by ur result but as well as ur years of experience. I applied for one of my subscribers who had a third class. First, he applied during the first phase , secondly, he finished 10years ago, so he was able to write a motivation letter that was related to the course he applied for. So, though, he had a 3rd class, he wrote a motivation letter that was able to convince the profesora that he can do the course. Like I do mention in my videos, you wont be there when selection would be made, but whatever you have written down will speak alot for you. Try and dont give up. You dont have to apply to Lisboa, porto, aveiro or minho because they are competitive
xavuv:

weldone ma

someone asked if there are schools that accept 3rd class for masters degree but there has not been any response, pls help us answer this.
thanx

1 Like

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Bayobishow: 10:02pm On Sep 09, 2022
Im so sorry. I think I made video on that. The real truth is, age is not a barrier. For BSc in Portugal, it is divided into 2, we have below 23years and above 23 years. If you are above, then you select your option. I know a Nigeria who was born in 1984. He applied to Medeira, and he was given admission. When he came down to Portugal, he was not allowed to register for any course, he was asked to go to language school first and have B, until he would be allowed to attend classes. Most schools in Portugal, would teach in Portuguese in class for BSC (although you would be supported in English and you would write your exams in English too).
As for work, hmmm..... you wil not have time to work because you will have classes almost all the time. It is only Msc students that would have time to work. Please zero your mind that you cant work, except you want to forfeit your studies and work, then you later go back after you must have raised fund. For a student, the only thing that can permit you to stay back is to have a SUITABLE JOB. Infact, as a nigerian, when you arrive portugal, the first thing is to start looking for job wink wink wink wink,
Ovems:
I have looked through your YouTube channel but didn't find what I was looking for. You briefly talked about someone that got admission for a Bsc and about 2 persons in previous pages have asked about the same but they didn't get a response either. I was hoping to read a response to their question.

Please can someone who finished secondary school years ago still apply for a Bsc program? And can they work and study at the same time? Will they also be allowed to stay back after their study?

Cc Bayobishow

2 Likes

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by xavuv: 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2022
I appreciate your response ma. Thnx

Bayobishow:
Im so sorry, I usually go back to respond to those that I have not responded to. Im sorry. i will not sugarcoat it to make you happy. I dont think they are partial. What they do in Portugal is to select accordingly (grade). Grade is not only by ur result but as well as ur years of experience. I applied for one of my subscribers who had a third class. First, he applied during the first phase , secondly, he finished 10years ago, so he was able to write a motivation letter that was related to the course he applied for. So, though, he had a 3rd class, he wrote a motivation letter that was able to convince the profesora that he can do the course. Like I do mention in my videos, you wont be there when selection would be made, but whatever you have written down will speak alot for you. Try and dont give up. You dont have to apply to Lisboa, porto, aveiro or minho because they are competitive
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Ovems(f): 7:00am On Sep 11, 2022
Bayobishow:
Im so sorry. I think I made video on that. The real truth is, age is not a barrier. For BSc in Portugal, it is divided into 2, we have below 23years and above 23 years. If you are above, then you select your option. I know a Nigeria who was born in 1984. He applied to Medeira, and he was given admission. When he came down to Portugal, he was not allowed to register for any course, he was asked to go to language school first and have B, until he would be allowed to attend classes. Most schools in Portugal, would teach in Portuguese in class for BSC (although you would be supported in English and you would write your exams in English too).
As for work, hmmm..... you wil not have time to work because you will have classes almost all the time. It is only Msc students that would have time to work. Please zero your mind that you cant work, except you want to forfeit your studies and work, then you later go back after you must have raised fund. For a student, the only thing that can permit you to stay back is to have a SUITABLE JOB. Infact, as a nigerian, when you arrive portugal, the first thing is to start looking for job wink wink wink wink,

Thanks so much for responding. I really appreciate it.
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Hilariousthiago(m): 9:27pm On Sep 11, 2022
Bayobishow:
is it advisable to abandon or forfeit school to go and work first, then come back to it later? Does it have any consequences that you know of?
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by timagentms: 10:02am On Sep 12, 2022
xavuv:
I appreciate your response ma. Thnx

Thank you Madam for all you have been doing, may the Lord bless you more.
Can you please give me the names of some Institutions that are not expensive for Master and B.Sc?

Thank you
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by timagentms: 10:06am On Sep 12, 2022
Bayobishow:

Can you please give me the names of some Institutions that are not expensive and competive for Master and B.Sc?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by blissbay(m): 8:15am On Sep 14, 2022
I think you can try Algarve, leiria (Polytechnic), for Bsc try IPB and medeira
timagentms:

Can you please give me the names of some Institutions that are not expensive and competive for Master and B.Sc?

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by vibrant99(m): 6:34pm On Sep 14, 2022
Algarve is an excellent place with lots and lots of British people and ex-pats are more there because the weather is actually very different there.

blissbay:
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Pesbest: 11:52pm On Sep 14, 2022
Do they allow a married student to move with his or her family at first (and if the primary applicant can show sufficient proof of funds)

and again, if a couple gains admission at the same time, in the same school,, would they allow them to move with their child or children(below 5years old)?
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by vibrant99(m): 3:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
Portugal allows and respects Family Union, The best Country for that in Europe

Pesbest:
Do they allow a married student to move with his or her family at first (and if the primary applicant can show sufficient proof of funds)

and again, if a couple gains admission at the same time, in the same school,, would they allow them to move with their child or children(below 5years old)?
Re: How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal by Hilariousthiago(m): 11:57am On Sep 22, 2022
blissbay:
I saw that IPB offers some undergraduate programs in English, will I be required to go for a language course before I start as well?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Mark Ukaere: Alligator Eats Student Nigerian Pilot After Plane Crashed [VIDEO] / Kenyan Who Went To Saudi In Search For A Greener Pasture Returns With 2 Kids / Video Of The GUO Bus Attacked Along Lagos-Benin Road, All Passengers Kidnapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.