Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,789 members, 7,851,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:31 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (294666 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 5:42pm On Aug 24, 2011
Oga spyder880 i dey ground oo, thank oga God ooo, He is doing a wonderfull work on me bros me,

Pls keep my goat head and chicken pepper soup, no more Dhl ooo grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:50pm On Aug 24, 2011
^^^ No problem bros, a promise is a promise.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:55pm On Aug 24, 2011
@ Oga Fhemmmy, unfortunately I am using a hand held browser now and voice calls on the net is not enabled here, please send me a mail to tigerkenn@gmail.com. I will reply shortly.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 7:08pm On Aug 24, 2011
spyder880:

@ Oga Fhemmmy, unfortunately I am using a hand held browser now and voice calls on the net is not enabled here, please send me a mail to tigerkenn@gmail.com. I will reply shortly.

OK . . . Will do.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 1:56pm On Aug 25, 2011
Any update here today?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 2:24pm On Aug 25, 2011
His is a busy man,

Oga spyder880. wetin the happen now, pls feed us back, abe u don finish this house and waiting to give us a very good suprise by inviting us to the house opening warming ceremony,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:01pm On Aug 25, 2011
rastaman20:

His is a busy man,

Oga spyder880. wetin the happen now, pls feed us back, abe u don finish this house and waiting to give us a very good suprise by inviting us to the house opening warming ceremony,

That will be a great surprise as long as we get the final figure and the break down with all the pix . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by okey41: 5:21pm On Aug 25, 2011
@all pls which other forums sites are active.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:31pm On Aug 25, 2011
@ okay, all sites are active, or help and activate it bros, lol.

I called my carpenter who was sick for some time and told him to start removing some of my decking wood so we can use it and do lintel in my house, as I still have some quantities of cement left, I can cast some pillars as am waiting to start. He may start the work tomorrow.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 6:27pm On Aug 25, 2011
Thanks for the update
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 8:13pm On Aug 25, 2011
Thanks for the update, so very soon action will start again.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 1:34pm On Aug 26, 2011
rastaman20:

Thanks for the update, so very soon action will start again.

Good news
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:04pm On Aug 29, 2011
Any update, Chief?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 2:16pm On Aug 29, 2011
Bros, we are waiting for my carpenter living in this site to get well, met him yesterday and he seemed sad I wanted to call in another carpenter to continue the job, I had to consider him and pulled back, meanwhile they had done this while I was away.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 2:17pm On Aug 29, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:23pm On Aug 29, 2011
spyder880:

Bros, we are waiting for my carpenter living in this site to get well, met him yesterday and he seemed sad I wanted to call in another carpenter to continue the job, I had to consider him and pulled back, meanwhile they had done this while I was away.

Please give him time to get better and dont call in another carpenter, i dey beg on his behalf too . . . .Besides, he has been doing the work from the start, so he would know what he is doing and couple of more days wont hurt . . . . Biko.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 2:40pm On Aug 29, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Please give him time to get better and dont call in another carpenter, i dey beg on his behalf too . . . .Besides, he has been doing the work from the start, so he would know what he is doing and couple of more days wont hurt . . . . Biko.

That man is an expert carpenter and is just overworking himself, hence this hernia. He is itching to start work just to feed his children, I wont ask for rent again till later in the year, no need to add to his worries.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:41pm On Aug 29, 2011
spyder880:

That man is an expert carpenter and is just overworking himself, hence this hernia. He is itching to start work just to feed his children, I wont ask for rent again till later in the year, no need to add to his worries.

Givers never lack . . . . You will not Lack . . . Great gesture.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by DCGUY: 8:11pm On Sep 03, 2011
@all, engineer needed for a project in lagos. this person must have experience building in Lagos. NOTE NO CONTRACTORS NEEDED. I HAVE MY OWN WORKERS, ALL I NEED IS A SITE ENGINEER/STRUCTURAL to read the plans. Pls contact me @ lamecci@yahoo.com
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by DCGUY: 1:46am On Sep 05, 2011
@all, engineer needed for a project in lagos. this person must have experience building in Lagos. NOTE NO CONTRACTORS NEEDED. I HAVE MY OWN WORKERS, ALL I NEED IS A SITE ENGINEER/STRUCTURAL to read the plans. Pls contact me @ lamecci@yahoo.com
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:33pm On Sep 05, 2011
DCGUY:

Why not start a thread for this . . . . . cos not everyone come on this one.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by AGATHIAS: 3:00pm On Sep 05, 2011
Pls i need candid advice on a plot of land that was introduce to me by a brother. the land is at Imota (before you get to Igbokuta). the selling price is 300 thousand naira.
the land is a flat land but still bushy.
My questions are: (1) is the price good for this land (2) How soon can this place get developed. Thanks anticipating your response.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 3:11pm On Sep 05, 2011
@All, Please i really need an advice, i ve a property in Warri that was initially meant to be a duplex,but i decided to make it a bungalow mid way into the project, Thank God i have not started the duplex ( Upper part) as it it now, its two flat downstairs ( 2broom each+ Kitchen+Toilet). I am at the roofing state now, and i want to know the least/maximum AMOUNT i could spend using an aluminum roof, and the normal zinc that we all know ( Which should i use?). I would like the advice to be in three categories  

(1) MINIMUM
(2) AVERAGE
(3) MAXIMUM.

Also what type of wood i should use for the roofing and amount.

Your advice will be treasured. Thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 3:22pm On Sep 05, 2011
For roofing a house with the size of 2 flats, you will need at least 1.7, 1.9, 2.1 for the ranges in min-max as you demanded. For wood, 580k,650k,880k from least quality to highest. The workmanship will vary from 180-300k depending on a number of factors.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 4:15pm On Sep 05, 2011
@spyder880, thanks very much for the swift response, from your estimate i want to believe the price you gave is for aluminum material and not the mere ZINC that we use to have in those days. When we say roofing those this also include the ceiling-boards inside the building, frankly speaking i was thinking it will be less than N1Million. We this price vary if i buy my material myself and supervise it myself
What is the cost of the aluminum sheet. I will upload the picture of the building i am talking about maybe the size will help u in giving me definite and near exact estimate.

Thanks for all your good work and advice?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 4:27pm On Sep 05, 2011
@Sypder880 I have attached the building i ma talking about,, please advice

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 9:22am On Sep 06, 2011
make una come to my rescue na @ Balarus,I am Alone, Spyder, all the brains on this thread i need to tap from your experience to guide me. sad
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by DCGUY: 7:43pm On Sep 06, 2011
@class monitor femmmy; I hail. point well taking.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 7:51pm On Sep 06, 2011
DCGUY:

@class monitor femmmy; I hail. point well taking.

God forgive you oh . . . Lol
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:22pm On Sep 06, 2011
@Ogbefi, the price I helped you give a guestimate is for aluminum sheets and does not include ceiling board wood or labour. I also know the price will be a little higher in labour since this is an up work and not downstairs. Also prepare to buy scaffolding wood which will be used to work on the outer edges since the carpenters cannot reach upper with ladder. If you supervise the project yourself, it may be cheaper since you won't pay site supervisors, but how much knowledge do you have about wood and roofing sheets types and methods of roofing?

Meanwhile, please take this to my roofing thread, this talk don't rhyme with this topic.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 8:42pm On Sep 06, 2011
@spyder880, i will like to thank you very much and the whole bunch of talented and experienced individuals on this thread. i will follow your advice and locate your thread on roofing and see what i can gain.
Actually, the reason i said i will handle myself is just to ensure that all the materials bought are used as planned, thou the supervisor will still go on with his job since i don't have the required set skills,my role is to buy the building wares, reasons for this is to get original material and i can get this right by dicussing my challenges with experienced guys like you and others on this thread.
NB. Its a supposed duplex, but i decided to do a bungalow instead as seen from my earlier attached fotos.
Once again my gratitude goes to all on this thread
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:48pm On Sep 06, 2011
^^^ sorry, I totally forgot you mentioned its now a bungalow, so you are not going to buy any scaffold wood at all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.