Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:47 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (294665 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 10:56pm On Sep 06, 2011
grin u are right, its a decision i took cause i will not be living there, i intend concentrating on a newly acquired 100/100ft land in Benin. and my intention is a duplex at the front. the duplex will be attached to two flats and a detached 3bed room bungalow will be built behind ( like a BQ to the main building). i will get the complete plan but concentrate more on the bungalow which i can easily finish and then start the main building small small ( i nor dey pluck money for tree), under my watchful eyes, since i will be living in the Bungalow and using it as a warehouse also when work will commence on the main building.

Frankly speaking being on this thread has really opened my eyes and has equipped me on what to expect and suggest when i start the new project, and i whole this to you all for all the suggestions

Of course i will consult u all when i am doubtful of people working for me
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 11:00pm On Sep 06, 2011
@sypderi dont mind to get the rough cost of digging the foundation for 3 bedroom bungalow in your area as a clue to what i might face in Edo state, i have not surveyed the land anyway but i have all the title expect C of O, which i will start work on by God grace
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:28am On Sep 07, 2011
When I started building a house in the bush, some of my friends could not understand, but a year later, people are following me like twitter, jumping into my bush to build around me. I will show some new projects that are springing up around mine, so far, no mad man with bad intention to build a bad house like a commercial house grin
A look through my windows. This fence was done last week, just went to the site and was surprised, its nice to have neighbors sha.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:36am On Sep 07, 2011
They have bid up the price of my bush which I bought a plot at 600k and now you will be begging with 1.5-1.6m before you see a good land there.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:41am On Sep 07, 2011
more neighbors

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:45am On Sep 07, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:48am On Sep 07, 2011
and this guy is already doing his roof, money good o grin Good morning my neighbors!!

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by vitodorado: 9:16am On Sep 07, 2011
@Ogbuefi_007. For more information and giuide on your property in Benin or whatever part of Edo state it is, please follow me on my thread titled'' Cost of building a 5 bedroom bungalow in Benin city. You never can tell, it might help you much as the various thread by the likes of Spyder , Brabus and am alone has also helped me in kick starting this project.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 9:22am On Sep 07, 2011
@vitotorado,Thanks for your response, i will do the needful as i have been doing with SYPDER and co, I am really happy to join creams of professionals like you and the rest.
I will also follow your thread.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by atasteve: 1:25pm On Sep 07, 2011
spyder880:

When I started building a house in the bush, some of my friends could not understand, but a year later, people are following me like twitter, jumping into my bush to build around me. I will show some new projects that are springing up around mine, so far, no mad man with bad intention to build a bad house like a commercial house grin
A look through my windows. This fence was done last week, just went to the site and was surprised, its nice to have neighbors sha.

Power of vision Lord Spyder880 smiley

Funny enough the same thing is happening in Lagos. Some places that people are running away from will soon become hot cakes. cool
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 1:34pm On Sep 07, 2011
@Atasteve/Sypder880, that is the irony of life, we should just be praying for more direction, my only fear is that one should try to get and ensure its not a property positioned by GOVT as green areas, enough investigation( checking with lands n survey)should be done prior the developmental stage, dragging land with GOVT its not easy oh.
From my lil experience its not worth the trouble.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by maoyinlola: 5:55pm On Sep 09, 2011
To my Nairalanders, The Brabus, The Spyder880s,Dor75s,9ijamans,Fhemmmmys, I greet you all.
I have followed several treads on this properties section and learned a lot from all contributors.
I have a small dream house for which I need to know the[b] financial implication[/b]. For someone who has no access to the free fund and toiling day and night to make something out of nothing, I need HELP, in terms of the required materials broken down to different sections from foundation to lintel to roofing to whereever God says one can head it to.
But I must emphasis that i am only a civil servant trying to survive, but with cooperative savings, thinking of building the dream house.
This attached is the plan of the main building. The BQ is at habitable level, thus emphasis is on the main building.
The plot is relatively slant, but fairly level, A little description should. Please I am not a building student, let alone an expert. But i love structures, especially when 900 is really right angle. So please bear with my naive ideas and description here. From the plan, the first coach by the lounge will be the third or fourth coach of the masters bedroom. It also slopes from madams bedroom to the masters bedroom but not as slanty as that from the lounge.
Sorry for boring you with my words. what I am pleading the experts in the room for is the required materials and possible the cost obtainable in Ibadan.
Thank you all.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:01pm On Sep 09, 2011
Weldone maoyinlola, I am sure some of us that understands the Ibadan environment will soon look into it.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by maoyinlola: 8:26pm On Sep 09, 2011
spyder880:

Weldone maoyinlola, I am sure some of us that understands the Ibadan environment will soon look into it.
Thank you oga Spyder880. I keenly look forward to it,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 9:06pm On Sep 09, 2011
Any update, Chief?

@Maoyinlola . . .I do understand where you are coming from and you are not in that alone . . . .Here to learn too and be able to rise above the prices of the average homes in Nigeria.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by sunnyjz: 1:27am On Sep 10, 2011
i need help on my project also. i have been following this thread for a long time but vanished for 3 months. feels good to be back and see this thread still going strong. well i have two plot of land in Ogun state( two different areas). in order to secure the land i want to build a #2 two bedroom flat on the back and save the rest for later. both land cost me 1.2 million naira. foundation estimate is about 565000.00 a nd from the top of foundation to the lintel is 765000 naira. this is a breakdown of the cost:
digging of septic tank and soak away=50,000.00

filling of foundation with literite from soak away=15000.00

#2500 of 6"by9by18 blocks=300000

50 bags of cement=95000

1 big lorry of sharp sand=40000

2 big lorry of soft sand=40000

water and container=20000

scarfolding planks=25000

workmanship(labor,bricklayer,carpenter)=160000

transportation of cement and planks=10000

miscellaneous=10000

are these prices fair? where can i reduce cost? this is for plot of land in Ogun State. already spent 545000 for foundation alone for a #2 two bedroom flat. i am doing this to secure the plot of land. please advise me what to do next.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:52am On Sep 10, 2011
^^^ tell us about the type of land you have, dry, marshy, swampy or sloped?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by sunnyjz: 5:15pm On Sep 10, 2011
dry land. no sand filling required
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by sunnyjz: 6:17pm On Sep 10, 2011
(1) Uprooting of woods =N25,000
(2) Digging and pegs of foundation=N50,000
(3) 1 Tipper of Gravel (stone) =N23,000
(4) 1Big Tiper of sharp sand = N40,000
(5) 2Big tiper of solft sand =N40,000
(6) 25bags of cement @N2,200=N55,000
(7) 1200 nos of 6 inches block@130=N156,000
(cool Water and container=N7,000
(9) Workmanship for concreting and block setting=N90,000
TOTAL =N466,000
OMO ONILE=N55,000(breakdown)
Foundation=35,000
Tout boys=5,000
Job card=10,000
Allow bricklayer to work=5,000
GRAND TOTAL=466,000+55,000=521,000
estimate for the foundation. i already paid half of it to start wok.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:36am On Sep 11, 2011
We are surely still learning . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by sunnyjz: 3:04pm On Sep 11, 2011
hey spyder! the quotes i gave you is it fair or too expensive? i also sent you copy of the plan to your email. let me know what you think so i can make my next move.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 3:24pm On Sep 11, 2011
@ sunnyjz, I got the floor plans and am still watching it, first the Omo onile charge is making things difficult, but since the govt don't want to tackle it, the people suffers. Another place I think is high is 1200 blocks in a foundation till german floor (or do you mean for the whole house?) Also haggle with those bricklayers, ask them how much they can lay one block if the counting method is used, use different tactics to negotiate with other workmen/labourers, persuade, cajole and even promise them more work, it will soften them and make them reduce some money. Don't negotiate all the stages at once, take it one at a time.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by sunnyjz: 3:34pm On Sep 11, 2011
spyder880:

@ sunnyjz, I got the floor plans and am still watching it, first the Omo onile charge is making things difficult, but since the govt don't want to tackle it, the people suffers. Another place I think is high is 1200 blocks in a foundation till german floor (or do you mean for the whole house?) Also haggle with those bricklayers, ask them how much they can lay one block if the counting method is used, use different tactics to negotiate with other workmen/labourers, persuade, cajole and even promise them more work, it will soften them and make them reduce some money. Don't negotiate all the stages at once, take it one at a time.
the blocks is just for the foundation. i can haggle with the bricklayers because i am not there with them. thats the main reason why i have been following your thread and others for months.i left the country after i bought the land and now i have to rely on someone else to build it.money is tight everywhere you go and right now things are difficult for me. and i was also thinking of just having 6 wings of two bedroom flat? just trying to figure out the best way to maximize the land.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by sunnyjz: 3:35pm On Sep 11, 2011
i paid for omonile when i bought the land and now i have to pay them again to start building what kind of country is that
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 3:40pm On Sep 11, 2011
The point you made about the land being dry, is it sloped in anyway, I am just trying to see how 1200 will fit in a 2 bedroom flat foundation, also ask him how many coaches will it be, from the first block on the ground till the German floo level.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by sunnyjz: 4:02pm On Sep 11, 2011
the land is completely dry. not sloppy, no sand filling needed. isnt a two wings of two bedroom flat different from a two bedroom flat foundation? i am building a two wings of two bedroom flat foundation.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:46pm On Sep 11, 2011
Okay, if its in two wings, then I can understand that quantity, in fact the cost is not too much then.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by sunnyjz: 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2011
thank you very much. one other question do you think it will be a wise choice to build two extra two wings of two bedroom flat? or is that just a waste of land? since its not going to be a personal house i figure it might be more profitable to have 6 wings of two bedroom flat, maybe have two decked for the future and one roofed or all three decked. thats assuming all those will fit one plot of land.i believe i am getting an estimate of 3.5 million to complete it.any advise will be appreciated.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 4:26am On Sep 12, 2011
^^^ Decking a house in my own opinion is the best because that's like acquiring another plot to build the same thing on the first floor again on top making two different flat stand on the same piece of land. If you are building for personal use then that's fine but for commercial, you simply cant compare four 3 bedrooms bungalows standing separately to a story building of 4 flats (2 down, 2 up). I think its more economical in terms of land and in places like Lagos or other expensive cities, it just won't make sense buying a land for N4m, N5m, or N6m and waste it with projects like 6 wings of 2 bedroom or even 3 bedroom flats while all flats can stand exactly on a spot of one. Difference is that the cost will be way more due to things like the german floor for an upstairs, pillars, and decking,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:35am On Sep 12, 2011
@ prince, you are right, actually they will be almost the same cost as the money you use to roof the downstairs is very close to the money you will use to do a deck. The real gain is the land you save as a space is worth more more money than a standing structure.

Haven said that, let's mention also that the only advantage of a downstair is that it is very easy to remove if you want to use the land for another purpose in the future.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by sunnyjz: 3:01pm On Sep 12, 2011
prince_onx:

^^^ Decking a house in my own opinion is the best because that's like acquiring another plot to build the same thing on the first floor again on top making two different flat stand on the same piece of land. If you are building for personal use then that's fine but for commercial, you simply cant compare four 3 bedrooms bungalows standing separately to a story building of 4 flats (2 down, 2 up). I think its more economical in terms of land and in places like Lagos or other expensive cities, it just won't make sense buying a land for N4m, N5m, or N6m and waste it with projects like 6 wings of 2 bedroom or even 3 bedroom flats while all flats can stand exactly on a spot of one. Difference is that the cost will be way more due to things like the german floor for an upstairs, pillars, and decking,
sadly you know the country we live in, its either do something small on the land now to secure it or start battling other people for the land you paid money for. i had 4 flats in mind but dont have the money to start on it, forced to start looking at something on a small scale. mind you i just bought the land in April this year, i figure the land would sit idle for 1 year or two before work begins. that way i have time to save some money.Land issue is too complicated in Nigeria, i thought about selling the land to avoid all these nonsense.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by sunnyjz: 3:04pm On Sep 12, 2011
if it was your land spyder what would you do or what would you have done. to be honest i have zero clue about building a house or anything related to it. no it is not going to be for personal use but i might reserve a flat for myself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.