Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,303 members, 7,850,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:01 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (294588 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:13pm On Oct 03, 2011
Wow! I am flattered, thanks my people, only that I still have two rooms to top with blocks. We are getting there slowly.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 12:10am On Oct 04, 2011
chaircover:

wow this has come a long way. seemed like yesterday when you dug the foundation. Congratulations bro

BTW I drink maltina so get that ready for me at the house warming party wink

The house warming will have to be next year oh, cos i wanna be there too oh
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 12:11am On Oct 04, 2011
bugmenot:

Palm wine for me and Fhemmmy. . .  wink

Yes Oh
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Jussi(m): 12:15am On Oct 04, 2011
You have done well Oga Spyder. Like play like play, a near complete house is already standing. I love your fighting spirit, kudos!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:37am On Oct 04, 2011
Jussi:

You have done well Oga Spyder. Like play like play, a near complete house is already standing. I love your fighting spirit, kudos!

He surely have made building home easy . . . . .He needs to write a book titles . . . . "Building Made easy for dummies" I surely gonna buy one
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 04, 2011
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:07am On Oct 04, 2011
^^^ A BIG FAT AMEN to that!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:24pm On Oct 04, 2011
chaircover:

Lai Lai. Oga spyder is finishing this house this year IJN

If you jump into one of those Range Rovers or Land Cruisers that you sell and start driving from today, you will get to Naija in time for the house warming. We are not waiting for late comers o!

The party is this year  wink

Now i know you are a real chaircover . . .   There is a big difference between finishing a house and housewarming it . . . . . The house will be done this year, but we will have to postpone the party and the Palmy drinking till next year, that is what i mean . . .  I beg no tablecover my head oh.

BTW . . . Takes more to come to Nigeria for me than to just buy tickets
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by bugmenot: 2:28pm On Oct 04, 2011
Lord Spyder, Myself, Ogbefi_007, and the rest of the class are still (anxiously) waiting to hear from you WRT cost estimate for taking Ogbefi_007's plan on page 30 to decking level, and probably roofing as well.  We've been patient dogs so far, abi no be so. We await fat bones!  Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 3:12pm On Oct 04, 2011
^^^^ true be say I dey very busy now, my company end of quarter account balancing is slowing me down, I will be free towards the end of this week.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 04, 2011
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by vitodorado: 3:35pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Chaircover. Lovely Kitchen set up you got there! Please how much does your kitchen smoke sucker cost? This is a facility i tend providing for my Madam's office too when i complete my bungalow by the grace of God.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 04, 2011
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 04, 2011
@Chaircover!

Hello! Ma! It a bit surprising to me how a woman can love houses and furnishings. About interlock(paving stone), grass, tar and concrete advantages and disadvantages.

Me i prefer a combinationn of interlock (on the drive way and walk way) and grass, just like white men used to do it. WHY!! Because of the kids to have enough space to fall down and get up while playing without unneccessary bruises & cuts, fresh air, cooler atmosphere, green revolution (less carbondioxide/carbon2oxide around the house, it reduces the green house effect enhancing the ozone layer and the wellbeing(energy) that looking at enough greens brings.

Though it needs a lot of good care to avoid over growth and fumigation to avoid insects, rodents and snakes.

Interlocks tends to heat up the atmosphere through reflection and you know this side of the world can get heated up sometimes, so I just need it as low as possible.

Tar is sticky, cracks alot, if petrol, kerosene or diesel happens to pour on it, you have to do a very serious retouching. It heats up the atmoasphere too, it accelerates fire outbreak. Rain flood erodes it much faster.

Concrete is too rigid and is molds growth prone which makes it very slippery and nausaeting. It reflects heat too and you have to keep your eyes on kids alot when playing on it to avoid rough play.

These are all I can remember now.

KUDOS TO ALL YA! grin

Shalom!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Costa2000(m): 11:14pm On Oct 04, 2011
Oga Spyder well done my brother,i can see the hand of GOD here.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by toybum2001: 1:30am On Oct 05, 2011
Hello everyone!!!! I've being following this thread since February and i love it. My husband and i started on our dream house project some years ago of which i would like to share the current pictures with you.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by toybum2001: 4:36am On Oct 05, 2011
checking whether the attachment does work. All my pictures size are more than 200 KB allowed. What can i do to make them smaller? Each picture is more than 3 MB
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 05, 2011
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Demainman1: 10:04am On Oct 05, 2011
toybum2001:

checking whether the attachment does work. All my pictures size are more than 200 KB allowed. What can i do to make them smaller? Each picture is more than 3 MB

Hi, Edit the Picture with 'Microsoft Office Picture Manager'. Click 'Picture' on the menu bar and click 'Resize'. Resize to 50% or 25% of its original size and save it. you can then upload the new picture.

You can also edit picture with 'Paint'. Click Image on the Menu bar. Select Attributes. Change the Width and Height dimension to something small and save the result to reduce the size. Upload
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by toybum2001: 7:10pm On Oct 05, 2011
thanks for the info
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by toybum2001: 8:01pm On Oct 05, 2011
picture 1 - disregard the date on the picture. The pictures were taken two weeks ago

I'm having problem uploading the pictures. Each time i click the reply button to upload the pictures, the message that comes up says "504 Gateway Time-out"
I did resize the pictures but i still don't know the real problem.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by toybum2001: 8:21pm On Oct 05, 2011
testing!!!!!! Living Room POP

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by toybum2001: 8:34pm On Oct 05, 2011
living room

Disregard the date on the photo. The pictures were taken two weeks ago.
We paid 320,000 naira to do the POP for 3 bedrooms house

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by toybum2001: 8:41pm On Oct 05, 2011
living room to dining

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by toybum2001: 8:49pm On Oct 05, 2011
dining room

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by toybum2001: 9:00pm On Oct 05, 2011
dining room POP

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by toybum2001: 9:16pm On Oct 05, 2011
dining room to back door (patio)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by toybum2001: 9:23pm On Oct 05, 2011
living room/guest toilet

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by toybum2001: 9:29pm On Oct 05, 2011
master bedrrom with walk in closet

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by toybum2001: 9:36pm On Oct 05, 2011
front door/porch - security door

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by toybum2001: 9:49pm On Oct 05, 2011
passage from livingroom to bedrooms

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by toybum2001: 9:59pm On Oct 05, 2011
We haven't install the windows because of the Nigerian thieves. We were told not to install until people are ready to live inside the house. The site is just developing, it's around Ayobo area ( deeper life headquarter) Lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.