Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (293971 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:23pm On Oct 16, 2011
If I have the chance, I will love to negotiate with the pillar makers and know what their prices are like. We shall commence the pillar works this week.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 8:01pm On Oct 16, 2011
spyder880:

My wife saw one pillar she liked and pointed it to me, now I will surprise her by putting that one on that pillar near the kitchen, I may use two smooth cylindrical shaped pillars in the front of my house and use a designed pentagon shaped one at that right hand corner in the front. We shall use 3 pillar types for this house, benefits of being in the business, abeg make I go watch football jare, bye for now.

Gimme Madam's number make i leak the secret to her . . . . Lol

How come people are so crazy about soccer for that place . . . . Haba.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:12pm On Oct 16, 2011
^^^ hehehehe, I will not take her to the site till the pillars are completed. As for soccer, na national passtime for here, we have to alleviate the tensions somehow na, lol.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2011
spyder880:

^^^ hehehehe, I will not take her to the site till the pillars are completed. As for soccer, na national passtime for here, we have to alleviate the tensions somehow na, lol.

My respect for you just got increased by you trying to make your wife happy, that is a sign of a great man . . . .But what if madam go there on her own to come and surprise you too . . . . .Lol

I am not into soccer, i wonder why
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:30pm On Oct 17, 2011
^^^ just watch Messi on a dribbling run or Higuain banging in goals like it is going out of action, better still watch the Manchester derby next weekend and you shall stay glued thereafter.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 5:03pm On Oct 17, 2011
^^ I am into basket ball and Golf . . . . Soccer dont and cant do it for me.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by cinzo: 7:30pm On Oct 17, 2011
This post is gone.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 6:14am On Oct 18, 2011
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 10:51am On Oct 18, 2011
@chaircover. What colour did you choose for the roof?. My wife has been insisting on a particular colour for our roof and we are yet to come to an agreement. I intend to follow what she has chosen. For purpose of comparison, let me know the colour you chose.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:04am On Oct 18, 2011
^^^^ I believe my wife owns the house, I am always on the field trying to make money and comes in late in the evening, if I come at all. She should decide every color, design and style. Only that she keeps throwing back the decision to me, she wants me to choose instead.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 18, 2011
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 1:50pm On Oct 18, 2011
chaircover:

You are right, Spyder is a rare breed of man who thinks about the wants (note I didn't say needs) of his wife.

Strangely enough it is not the cost of the pillar that will trip his wife but the fact that he listened to her (something many men dont LOL) found out what she liked and he went ahead and did it. Spyder probably doesn't care either way about the type of pillar so long as it does the job but making his wife happy is important to him.

My husband insisted that I choose the roof colour. I found out later after the roof had already been installed that he didn't like the colour I choose; Yepaaa!! but he went along with my "dodgy colour" as he calls it just to make me happy.  embarassed   

I also choose the the kitchen design. Thank God he likes that one. 50% is still pass mark  grin

He didn't have to consult me on anything if he didn't want to and I respect him for that; his own na to build house full stop and any complaints should be forwarded to the non existent chief complaints officer  grin

Yes, you are right . . . that is some of what a real man has to do, allow the woman to pick it and even the man no too like am.

My advice to men is to have the kinda of attitude that "as long as she is happy, i am fulfilled" that is the easy solution, besides, the woman will spend more time in the home that that the man, and the woman needs to be happy and satisfied, so kudos to him.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 1:52pm On Oct 18, 2011
NL1960:

@chaircover. What colour did you choose for the roof?. My wife has been insisting on a particular colour for our roof and we are yet to come to an agreement. I intend to follow what she has chosen. For purpose of comparison, let me know the colour you chose.

No need to come into an agreement, let her chose and just guide her decision . . . i am sure you are married not to a woman with no taste.
the home is hers, and you are just the builder . . . cool
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 1:52pm On Oct 18, 2011
spyder880:

^^^^ I believe my wife owns the house, I am always on the field trying to make money and comes in late in the evening, if I come at all. She should decide every color, design and style. Only that she keeps throwing back the decision to me, she wants me to choose instead.

You have spoken well . . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 1:53pm On Oct 18, 2011
chaircover:

My brother it was brown o! embarassed

I picked that colour because to me, it looks cool and doesn’t stand out too much like a red or blue roof does and it is easier to match the exterior paint colour to the roof but that is just my personal opinion.

I think that a picture of the house is on page 31 or 32, I can’t remember now & I think that there was also a picture on the original thread.

What is the color of the cover of the chair tongue
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by skillsict: 9:16am On Oct 23, 2011
@experts in the house
Is it compulsory to fix ceiling before plastering the house? If yes, why?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:22pm On Oct 23, 2011
You must fix ceiling before plastering to seal all the cracks between the ceiling and the wall, if you do your plastering before ceiling, on on gap will exist where insects can pass into your room.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Costa2000(m): 5:35pm On Oct 23, 2011
Fhemmmy:

What is the color of the cover of the chair tongue
Fhemmmy nd his wahala, hahahahahahaa
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by skillsict: 9:37pm On Oct 23, 2011
@Spyder
Thanks!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 9:51pm On Oct 23, 2011
Costa2000:

Fhemmmy nd his wahala, hahahahahahaa

I am glad you are in Spain, could you please tell the yeye port in spain to speed things up, they are delaying business for us oh . . . .Lol
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:34pm On Oct 24, 2011
How today go be for this project ?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 3:51pm On Oct 24, 2011
Fhemmmy:

How today go be for this project ?

I am waiting for a supply of gravel so we can continue this work.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 4:58pm On Oct 24, 2011
spyder880:

I am waiting for a supply of gravel so we can continue this work.

Make dem deliver fast oh, make we move on with our learning
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Costa2000(m): 5:13pm On Oct 24, 2011
Fhemmmy:

I am glad you are in Spain, could you please tell the yeye port in spain to speed things up, they are delaying business for us oh . . . .Lol
lol, Oga Fhemmmy which yeye port de delay ur goods is it Valencia or Algeciras?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 5:36pm On Oct 24, 2011
Costa2000:

lol, Oga Fhemmmy which yeye port de delay your goods is it Valencia or Algeciras?

Na Tarragona, Spain oh . . . Container is being delayed there sometimes for 4 weeks, and that is pathetic, i beg use your nigerian spanish connection for us oh . . . cool
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Costa2000(m): 7:03pm On Oct 24, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Na Tarragona, Spain oh . . . Container is being delayed there sometimes for 4 weeks, and that is pathetic, i beg use your nigerian spanish connection for us oh . . . cool
Atimes if u dont call them they will not load ur goods,i sent mail to u so is better we talk there,make oga Spyder no ban us lol.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 8:09pm On Oct 24, 2011
Costa2000:

Atimes if u dont call them they will not load your goods,i sent mail to u so is better we talk there,make oga Spyder no ban us lol.

Chief, this one is a little different, cos it is on transit from Canada . . . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by bebe2(f): 5:17pm On Oct 29, 2011
hi spyderman, fhemmmy etc

pls i desperately need your help.
i have 100 by 50ft that i built a little 3bedroom house on
there is a small plot left at the back
we want to put a 2 or 3 bedflat adjoing the first house so it will be 2 flat on the plot.

the briclayer is quoting 60k fo workmanship upto DPC
15 bags of cement for the foundation
600 blocks
is dis reseanable? my 70yr old mum who was a contractor is the one negotiating the price with them
i feel they may want to cheat her becos she is old and a woman.
pls help

i need to know approximately number of block that i would need.
bags of cement
wormanship etc.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Davedavy: 8:42pm On Oct 29, 2011
bebe2:

hi spyderman, fhemmmy etc

pls i desperately need your help.
i have  100 by 50ft that i built a little 3bedroom house on
there is a small plot left at the back
we want to put a 2 or 3 bedflat adjoing the first house so it will be 2 flat on the plot.

the briclayer is quoting 60k fo workmanship upto DPC
                                     15 bags of cement for the foundation
                                      600 blocks
is dis reseanable? my 70yr old mum who was a contractor is the one negotiating the price with them
i feel they may want to cheat her becos she is old and a woman.
pls help

i need to know approximately number of block that i would need.
bags of cement
wormanship etc.

It depends on how big the house is.if you can attach the plan,we will be able to give you more precise answers.From my own little knowledge though,i think 600 blocks isnt too much for the foundation of a 3 bedroom flat.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by bebe2(f): 8:49pm On Oct 29, 2011
Davedavy:

It depends on how big the house is.if you can attach the plan,we will be able to give you more precise answers.From my own little knowledge though,i think 600 blocks isnt too much for the foundation of a 3 bedroom flat.
srry i dnt have d plan.
i live in the uk, its my mum dats handling everything.
i think its jus a small 3bed.
the land is not very big.

30 by 50
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:25pm On Nov 01, 2011
Work is still ongoing in this site, we are still topping the last blocks on top of the most dangerous/unsupported areas. Plus plans for the pillars are in top gear, but just like any builder, you have seen too many pillars and have now got confused with more than 50 different designs. I dont know which pillars to keep in front, I am searching for something unique, something that will become the new sample for others to copy from.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 6:56pm On Nov 01, 2011
^^^ Still loving this

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.