Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,354 members, 7,853,562 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:11 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (294747 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:30pm On Feb 03, 2012
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:33pm On Feb 03, 2012
omobashua1:

@ spyder880,i am still following this thread bro.i gotta ask u,what is d roofing design of ur house called ? i can see that you have d shootout around where you gonna have d celing on the outside almost touching the top part of the top floor window.it is unique n i haven't seen that style b4,by d way d carpenter did a very very neat job,

My brother, I dont know the name o, the architect that drew the house may know more.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:34pm On Feb 03, 2012
prince_onx:

Other gurus in the house can contribute too! I want to know or rather have an idea of what I need from decking to roofing level. My contractor is working on his too but having clue will make me know how to go about it. I already know I need about 3,500-4,000 blocks, how many bags of cement should I plan to buy, how many trip/size of sand do I need and estimate cost, I think I was told that labour from decking to 2 blocks after lintel is around N180k. In a knot shell am trying to see if N1m will get me to roofing level. So guys chip in ur ideas abeg!

Cant locate your email, please send a mail, thanks.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by omobashua1: 11:03pm On Feb 03, 2012
@ spyder880,I know a good thing when I see one,it is really good,I love d roofing work n I am anxious 2 see it after u put d roofing sheet on, more blessings bro,everything is coming out great
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 12:18am On Feb 04, 2012
Looking really nice
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 4:17am On Feb 04, 2012
spyder880:

Cant locate your email, please send a mail, thanks.
Spyder I didnt send you an email, i guess I will paste my question here again.

Other gurus in the house can contribute too! I want to know or rather have an idea of what I need from decking to roofing level. My contractor is working on his too but having clue will make me know how to go about it. I already know I need about 3,500-4,000 blocks, how many bags of cement should I plan to buy, how many trip/size of sand do I need and estimate cost, I think I was told that labour from decking to 2 blocks after lintel is around N180k. In a knot shell am trying to see if N1m will get me to roofing level. So guys chip in ur ideas abeg![i][/i]

above is what I asked
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 4:50am On Feb 04, 2012
^^
The highlighted part is what i was asking. I briefly spoke with my contractor today though I was busy when he called but he's still insisting that we need nothing less than 5,000 6" block from decking to 2 blocks after lintel. if that's the case I guess i will be spending about N650k for 5,000 block @ N130 each instead of the initial budgect of N520k for 4000. Am also assuming/hoping that 50 bags of cement which is about N100k should be enough to chalk the whole top floor and lintel. Like I said before my goal is to take this project from decking to roofing ready stage with N1m or at most N1.2m

So, @Spyder/house: Pls give a rough idea of material and cost of what this project might gulp. Blocks/quantity (2 units of 3 bedrooms), cement/# of bags, rods/quantity for lintel, gravel/sand. I guess that's all or am I missing anything?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:26am On Feb 04, 2012
Due to the fear of breaching ethics of the trade (there are quantity surveyors here) I cannot freely paste estimates here. That was why I was looking for your private mail to send it to.

The fact is that 5000 blocks is too much to be used on one floor (decking till roofing) since the house we are talking about has been decked, how many blocks did you use between the German floor and the decking? Same house.
50 bags of cement will be grossly inadequate to chalk the entire floor plus lintels and pillars.

However it is good to note that each house is different, the size of two flats may not be same and as such it is hard to estimate if you dont have the plan in view.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 8:59am On Feb 04, 2012
^^
well I should have his own quotes and estimate latest by Monday then I will send you an email or maybe just call you. Thanks anyway!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 5:53pm On Feb 04, 2012
Oga Spyder, keep teaching us oh . . . How today, Sir
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by jerryben12: 6:09pm On Feb 04, 2012
Nice! Nice!! Nice!!! You are truely what your name says "Spyder".
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 6:15pm On Feb 04, 2012
jerryben12:

That is a good one . . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:01pm On Feb 04, 2012
jerryben12:

I had a meeting this afternoon with a prospective client and the first question he threw at me was '' Why did you choose the name Spyder?'' grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:05pm On Feb 04, 2012
so the story continued, they started the roofing today.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:07pm On Feb 04, 2012
more about the roof, giving my lovely pillar a cover grin

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:10pm On Feb 04, 2012
the twists and contours taking shape grin

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:11pm On Feb 04, 2012
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:14pm On Feb 04, 2012
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:32pm On Feb 04, 2012
some of the materials brought.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:35pm On Feb 04, 2012
who made them?

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:38pm On Feb 04, 2012
more work, plastered dining room

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:45pm On Feb 04, 2012
I refused to buy iron rope to tie the wood in this house, this is because I knew I can use the protruded iron rods on top of the walls to tie the wall plates and ensure the wood will never be blown away by the wind. This measure is very necessary for higher buildings and for those that live in areas prone to very strong winds.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 11:16pm On Feb 04, 2012
^^
Now I see one of the advantage of having a pillar at the top floor. I know most people/builders don't extend (ALL) the pillars carrying the decking all the way upstairs to save cost I assume but I think it's very important at least from the look of the above pictures. I planned having only four at the four corners on top which they're even telling me that I really don't need. All the same we'll see how it go.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:31am On Feb 05, 2012
Please keep them coming . . . loving it.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by steo: 6:04am On Feb 05, 2012
@spyder, I am loving this design you are giving to the edges, it will really come out.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by steo: 6:30am On Feb 05, 2012
@Oga Prince, 4 pillars only will be too small for such a big house if you ask me. Other than just the four corners, I think you should get your engineer to identify other important joints and add more pillars. It is always good to cut cost, but it’s good to do it with caution.

I did reduced my own pillars from 32 downstairs to 20 upstairs and even at that, the remaining 12 pillars were still casted with no iron in them - If not for anything, for the sake of stability and security.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Jussi(m): 11:57am On Feb 05, 2012
^^^
Good point bro! You raised an important concern since more pillars will spread the overlying weight without so much pressure on the decking. Considering that weight of your roofing framework is huge and blocks alone may not bear considerable amount of load for too long, it won't be a bad idea to consult with your engineer. In case you decide to reduce the number of pillars, the assumption is that you would consider chaining your lintels round for improved stability.

@Spyder
Your crib is coming out fine and I agree with madam that green is the way to go. It's simply loving!
More grease to your elbow.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 2:09pm On Feb 05, 2012
^^^ Thank you sir, will contact you within the new week.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Jussi(m): 2:19pm On Feb 05, 2012
You are very welcome my Prof. I will be expecting your message.

Keep up your good works! Happy Sunday to you sir and also to your entire household.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by napstar007: 8:12pm On Feb 05, 2012
@ Spyder

I have been following the information that you have on here as per the house you are building out there with the pictorial diagrams. I would write to you through your email because it would be easier communicating on there. I be nwa afo enugu , hope to get your update when I write in a short-while from now.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 9:03pm On Feb 05, 2012
steo:

@Oga Prince, 4 pillars only will be too small for such a big house if you ask me. Other than just the four corners, I think you should get your engineer to identify other important joints and add more pillars. It is always good to cut cost, but it’s good to do it with caution.

I did reduced my own pillars from 32 downstairs to 20 upstairs and even at that, the remaining 12 pillars were still casted with no iron in them - If not for anything, for the sake of stability and security.

Point noted! I also have about 32 pillars downstairs and honestly didn't know I need that much upstairs too even though I asked if we do initially. I remember they told me I needed only about 10 upstairs, 4 at the 4 corners and 6 around the kitchen area for the decking and water tank. All the same better safe than sorry! I guess I will have to plan and budget for more pillars upstairs too even if they have to be less than those downstairs.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 9:13pm On Feb 05, 2012
@Steo: can you please confirm how many bags of cement and blocks used for your top two 3 bedrooms and the cost breakdown if possible!

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.