Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,589 members, 7,847,500 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:55 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (294523 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 5:05pm On Feb 02, 2012
Ogbefi_007:

Hi prince, thanks for the kind advice, I ll give som tolerance of 300k. I was on ground some few weeks back during the subsidy strike and prices soar to high heavens, I m back to my base to recover n recoup moni to continue, hope yours is moving on just like prof Sypder!

Yes oh! Mine is also going fine. I decided to completely finish everything down stairs including plumbing, electricals, burglary/windows, doors, and tiles which I already have that way my family and tenant can move in while I work on the flats upstairs. Am almost done with the outside POP work now and like you said my brother one have to recoup to continue or else man pocket/business fit get miscarriage lol! Hopefully I will start working on the top part by month end. I was doing some rough estimate last night and realize that the top part won't be that bad as in cost. Am planning on using 6" blocks instead of the 9" I used downstairs and I might not use pillars or maybe use only 4 for the four sides.

@ Spyder, am still waiting on your reply to my above question and pls house anyone with an idea is free to contribute.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by damas11111(m): 5:35pm On Feb 02, 2012
This is very educative and interesting. Thanks a million to all you guys. Can someone please advise on how much (a range) might be required to erect a bungalow of two flats of 4 and 2 bedrooms (same as two 3 bedrooms) in IBADAN. I will appreciate your answers as I am currently on it ( about 30 percent done) and plan to go home to try and complete it. So "Prof Spyder", Steo, Ogbefi, Prince et al please help.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 6:25pm On Feb 02, 2012
^^
welldone my guy! Am sure the gurus in the house will help out with your estimate. Am not anywhere close to being a building expart lol! The little I know is from my on going project experience, sharing ideas with friends that are also building at the moment and ofcox this wonderful NL property section. My project is also different from yours so I won't know but like I said guys like Spyder that does this for living and on daily basis can help more! Good luck!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 6:52pm On Feb 02, 2012
@Dama11111,
I ve asked these questions earlier on this thread and if my memory serves me right, I was told it depends greatly on ur taste and the finishes, there is a way u could also tell the number of blocks needed to complete the project, but experience has shown that it's not the block work that consumes fund, its more of your taste, you could go a few thread backward and see how this was discussed.
I leave u with this, Begining is HALF done, that u have started at all is a plus, all the best brother!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 7:12pm On Feb 02, 2012
Will be back later to learn more
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by steo: 8:12pm On Feb 02, 2012
@Damas, its lord spyder or nexthome builder that can really help you with such estimate, people that build for leaving. i am completely building different house to the one you mentioned, which is where my little experience is. If you need to know the current price i am buying material in lagos,which is a d ifferent location to yours, just let me know.

anyways, i trust spyder may be of goode help, even if it means you sending him some call credit for appreciation, lol.
best of luck to you!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 8:39pm On Feb 02, 2012
steo:

anyways, i trust spyder may be of goode help, even if it means you sending him some call credit for appreciation, lol.
best of luck to you!

Or getting him some machine to make building easier and smoother
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:50pm On Feb 02, 2012
I loved this colour so much that I am talking to my painter to copy the hue for my house, my bush green roof will match that cream exterior and also gum the almond green, with a touch of white on the handrails and the window hoods, sorry am daydreaming, but I love these colours.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:01pm On Feb 02, 2012
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:35pm On Feb 02, 2012
prince_onx:

Yes oh! Mine is also going fine. I decided to completely finish everything down stairs including plumbing, electricals, burglary/windows, doors, and tiles which I already have that way my family and tenant can move in while I work on the flats upstairs. Am almost done with the outside POP work now and like you said my brother one have to recoup to continue or else man pocket/business fit get miscarriage lol! Hopefully I will start working on the top part by month end. I was doing some rough estimate last night and realize that the top part won't be that bad as in cost. Am planning on using 6" blocks instead of the 9" I used downstairs and I might not use pillars or maybe use only 4 for the four sides.

@ Spyder, am still waiting on your reply to my above question and pls house anyone with an idea is free to contribute.

If its about the use of blocks, there is nothing wrong with reducing the size of blocks upstairs, but about the pillar use, I always advice that all pillars be extended upwards, just like it was downstairs, protruding through the decking till the roofing stage for the sake of stability of the upper floors.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:38pm On Feb 02, 2012
steo:

@Damas, its lord spyder or nexthome builder that can really help you with such estimate, people that build for leaving. i am completely building different house to the one you mentioned, which is where my little experience is. If you need to know the current price i am buying material in lagos,which is a d ifferent location to yours, just let me know.

best of luck to you!

Someone sent me an MTN VTU for recharge of N1000, it was very useful, every little helps.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 12:15am On Feb 03, 2012
^^^ I feel u sir . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 1:05am On Feb 03, 2012
prince_onx:

^^
see what I mean? Spyder Una dey really enjoy cheap building cost.
I know that you are a very busy guy but taking you back a little, you estimated about 4000 blocks (hope am right) for my upper two 3 bedrooms flat, can you please estimate or give an idea of what am looking at cost wise to get to roofing. I planned molding my own blocks but my brother think there's really not much saving from buying. So bearing in mind that block is about N130 in Lagos bringing 4000 pieces to N520k, do you think that N1m could get me to roofing-ready stage? i.e 2 blocks after lintel. If not, pls give a rough idea of what you think it might cost me both material and estimated quantity. Please! Please!! Need to get plans back in gear very soon. Thanks!!

@Spyder, you must have misunderstood or answered my second question. I know I can use smaller size blocks for the top but the above break down or rough idea is what I really want to know! Thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 1:15am On Feb 03, 2012
Other gurus in the house can contribute too! I want to know or rather have an idea of what I need from decking to roofing level. My contractor is working on his too but having clue will make me know how to go about it. I already know I need about 3,500-4,000 blocks, how many bags of cement should I plan to buy, how many trip/size of sand do I need and estimate cost, I think I was told that labour from decking to 2 blocks after lintel is around N180k. In a knot shell am trying to see if N1m will get me to roofing level. So guys chip in ur ideas abeg!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by omobashua1: 2:39am On Feb 03, 2012
@ spyder880,i am still following this thread bro.i gotta ask u,what is d roofing design of ur house called ? i can see that you have d shootout around where you gonna have d celing on the outside almost touching the top part of the top floor window.it is unique n i haven't seen that style b4,by d way d carpenter did a very very neat job,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by omobashua1: 2:43am On Feb 03, 2012
@caseymoney,in regard to the pvc issue,some of them r fire proof,i was present when one was set on fire in front of me and it never melted,just got dark.i saw it with my own korokoro eye.but i have been told that some of them do crack overtime,i will think those ones might be on d cheaper side and as u know in naija everything has a grade
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 2:49am On Feb 03, 2012
prince_onx:

@Spyder, you must have misunderstood or answered my second question. I know I can use smaller size blocks for the top but the above break down or rough idea is what I really want to know! Thanks

2 wings of 3 bedroom flats?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by omobashua1: 2:52am On Feb 03, 2012
haba mr spyder,u never answer my question ooh,if na beef,make u let it out ooh
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by damas11111(m): 4:21am On Feb 03, 2012
spyder880:

Someone sent me an MTN VTU for recharge of N1000, it was very useful, every little helps.
. Not from me prof Spyder. But I will appreciate your response to my question. Everyone says you are the one who can assist. A range will do na. shocked Thanks in advance o.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 4:25am On Feb 03, 2012
spyder880:

2 wings of 3 bedroom flats?
Yes sir!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:48am On Feb 03, 2012
I will answer all questions to the best of my abilities in the evening, we don enter site since morning.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:44pm On Feb 03, 2012
Still following with passion and love for learning
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 4:11pm On Feb 03, 2012
spyder880:

If its about the use of blocks, there is nothing wrong with reducing the size of blocks upstairs, but about the pillar use, I always advice that all pillars be extended upwards, just like it was downstairs, protruding through the decking till the roofing stage for the sake of stability of the upper floors.
Oga spyder I never hear that one before oh! All? every single one of the pillars? I thought that's only if its 2 story building? All the same, no be that one be my main question and I will check back in the evening! thanks.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by caseymoney(m): 4:21pm On Feb 03, 2012
omobashua1:

@caseymoney,in regard to the pvc issue,some of them r fire proof,i was present when one was set on fire in front of me and it never melted,just got dark.i saw it with my own korokoro eye.but i have been told that some of them do crack overtime,i will think those ones might be on d cheaper side and as u know in naija everything has a grade

^^^ Thanks for your contribution.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:14pm On Feb 03, 2012
My boys on site called to alert me that my roofing sheets just got offloaded on site some minutes ago. More pictures by tomorrow.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by gmiky: 7:52pm On Feb 03, 2012
Reporting for lectures,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:58pm On Feb 03, 2012
^^^ welcome new man.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 8:13pm On Feb 03, 2012
spyder880:

My boys on site called to alert me that my roofing sheets just got offloaded on site some minutes ago. More pictures by tomorrow.

Nice and congrats
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:22pm On Feb 03, 2012
prince_onx:

Oga spyder I never hear that one before oh! All? every single one of the pillars? I thought that's only if its 2 story building? All the same, no be that one be my main question and I will check back in the evening! thanks.

You know that when a house is at the top of another, a whole lot of pressure will be acting on it, chief of which is strong winds acting on the walls and roof, when you extend the pillars, it tends to hold down the upper part with the lower unit in cases of hurricanes, storms and vibrations. The whole of my lower pillars were extended upwards to the roofing stage and was used to tie the wooden wall plates that carried the rest of the roof.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:24pm On Feb 03, 2012
The boys here are plastering the lower section of this house. some pictures.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:26pm On Feb 03, 2012
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:28pm On Feb 03, 2012
dining arc

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.