Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (294157 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by jerryben12: 8:10pm On Jan 29, 2012
Good answer. Lol
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:20pm On Jan 30, 2012
Good Morning, chief . . . Reporting to be thought
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by caseymoney(m): 6:08pm On Jan 30, 2012
^^^ I'm also reporting to be taught as well.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 6:10pm On Jan 30, 2012
caseymoney:

^^^ I'm also reporting to be taught as well.

So i guess we both waiting for the teacher
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by caseymoney(m): 8:30pm On Jan 30, 2012
Yes oooo, but teacher never show up.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by ajileko: 8:35pm On Jan 30, 2012
It looks like teacher is a little bit late. But we are still here waiting,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:34pm On Jan 30, 2012
My people, today has been very challenging, I failed to attend to this site and many of my men didnt work here because of that. Will try and mobilize the work here before moving to other sites tomorrow.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 9:46pm On Jan 30, 2012
spyder880:

My people, today has been very challenging, I failed to attend to this site and many of my men didnt work here because of that. Will try and mobilize the work here before moving to other sites tomorrow.

Thanks for the update and hope tomorrow will give a better day
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by caseymoney(m): 10:16pm On Jan 30, 2012
I think tomorrow will be a better day. But, why do we need to babysit adults to get their job done. My Motherland got a long way to go. angry angry angry
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:30pm On Jan 30, 2012
^^^ sometimes for the fear of getting the job done badly, in some works, you just need to be there and ensure they do the right things.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 11:52pm On Jan 30, 2012
^^^ That is so true . . . . Better to be delayed than to make mistakes and have to redo them
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by caseymoney(m): 2:24am On Jan 31, 2012
I agree with you. I fired my Engr based on issue of supervision. They made some terrible mistake during block setting and I have to pay more to correct those mistakes. He get more than enough from me but doen't supervise my site as agreed. I can't continue paying an incompetent Engr. so I fired him during the door installation. He has this tactics of splitting task to maximize his profit.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by caseymoney(m): 2:25am On Jan 31, 2012
I agree with you. I fired my Engr based on issue of supervision. They made some terrible mistake during block setting and I have to pay more to correct those mistakes. He get more than enough from me but doen't supervise my site as agreed. I can't continue paying an incompetent Engr. so, I fired him during the door installation. He has this tactics of splitting task to maximize his profit.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:17am On Jan 31, 2012
caseymoney:

I agree with you. I fired my Engr based on issue of supervision. They made some terrible mistake during block setting and I have to pay more to correct those mistakes. He get more than enough from me but doen't supervise my site as agreed. I can't continue paying an incompetent Engr. so, I fired him during the door installation. He has this tactics of splitting task to maximize his profit.

Thanks for sharing this with us . . . . .Always helpful
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:30pm On Jan 31, 2012
more work in my house, no significant change, the roof will be hung on Friday this week

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:32pm On Jan 31, 2012
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:33pm On Jan 31, 2012
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:34pm On Jan 31, 2012
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by caseymoney(m): 11:37pm On Jan 31, 2012
You have tried my friend. Gos will see you through. Amen!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 12:07am On Feb 01, 2012
Keep up with the great work . . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:41am On Feb 01, 2012
I know the roof is not fully ready but the sheets have been paid for and they are producing my works. However I will like to update my costs till the roofing stage before I start to forget some of them.

1. more plastering works N 12,500
2. finishing of the top sit out/casting/bricklaying N 18,500
3. water N 5,500
4. trip of sand N 8,000

ROOFING MATERIALS

1. 3x4x12 wood (18) @ 500 = N9,000
2. 2X4X18 wood (100) @ 950 = 95,000
3. 2x3x12 wood (280) @ 230 = 64,400 (I will still buy more for ceiling works)
4. scaffolding wood, (melina) (100) @ 180 = 18,000
5. bags of nail 3'', 4'' 5'' @ 5200 = N 20,800
6. workmanship for Mr. Carpenter N130,000 (all woodwork, scaffold, ceiling)
7. roofing sheets/accessories and installation N550,000
8. transporting the wood to site N12,000
9. transporting scaffolding wood N7,000
10. loading and offloading of all materials N9,000

This total N959,700 + previous balance of N3,018,400 and the new total cost will be N3,978,100.00

I will draft workmen to start all the internal plastering works on the down floor this morning. A trip of sand was offloaded for them yesterday and a tanker of water is coming there this morning, we may buy more cement to add to the 7 bags still remaining on site.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by maninmood(m): 5:49am On Feb 01, 2012
spyder880:

I know the roof is not fully ready but the sheets have been paid for and they are producing my works. However I will like to update my costs till the roofing stage before I start to forget some of them.

1. more plastering works N 12,500
2. finishing of the top sit out/casting/bricklaying N 18,500
3. water N 5,500
4. trip of sand N 8,000

ROOFING MATERIALS

1. 3x4x12 wood (18) @ 500 = N9,000
2. 2X4X18 wood (100) @ 950 = 95,000
3. 2x3x12 wood (280) @ 230 = 64,400 (I will still buy more for ceiling works)
4. scaffolding wood, (melina) (100) @ 180 = 18,000
5. bags of nail 3'', 4'' 5'' @ 5200 = N 20,800
6. workmanship for Mr. Carpenter N130,000 (all woodwork, scaffold, ceiling)
7. roofing sheets/accessories and installation N550,000
8. transporting the wood to site N12,000
9. transporting scaffolding wood N7,000
10. loading and offloading of all materials N9,000

This total N959,700 + previous balance of N3,018,400 and the new total cost will be N3,978,100.00

I will draft workmen to start all the internal plastering works on the down floor this morning. A trip of sand was offloaded for them yesterday and a tanker of water is coming there this morning, we may buy more cement to add to the 7 bags still remaining on site.

Bro, please I stand to be corrected. This can't be true! Please analyze again. So you spent only 4 million naira to build this massive building from foundation level? While I spent around 10 million naira on mine( the same 6 bedroom flat) undecided and the house is just a little above decking( NB: It is not in Lagos. It is in Ibadan)!!! How can you spend only 4 million naira and the house is almost completed?!! shocked shocked shocked

Please analyze,please!! Thank you Sir.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:52am On Feb 01, 2012
maninmood:

Bro, please I stand to be corrected. This can't be true! Please analyze again. So you spent only 4 million naira to build this massive building from foundation level? While I spent around 10 million naira on mine( the same 6 bedroom flat) undecided and the house is just a little above decking( NB: It is not in Lagos. It is in Ibadan)!!! How can you spend only 4 million naira and the house is almost completed?!! shocked shocked shocked

cheesy cheesy well, you just need to start from the beginning of the thread, no, the first thread before coming back to this reloaded thread. Location matters also, maybe Ibadan charges more than Lagos. I also like you to snap and paste your house pictures so the experts here can join me and we dissect your costs and learn one or more things about building?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Demainman1: 11:34am On Feb 01, 2012
maninmood:

My Brother, The reason for the difference is that you live in Australia and professor Spyder is right there in Enugu. So you are subject to be MUGUrise by 'all' if you know what i mean cheesy cheesy

Thank your star that you at least have a building to show for your 10 million. Others have spent more than that with not even a foundation to show grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by steo: 12:03pm On Feb 01, 2012
@maninmood, welcome to spyder wonder land. By 6 bedroom flat, did you mean 3 bedroom up and 3 bedroom down?, if so, you may have been seriously ripped-off. That 10 million naira is what I spent to roofing level on two wings building in Lagos (Raft foundation + solid blocks).

Except there is something really unique in that building. Like spyder said, let the experts in the house have a look, you may just be doing fine.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by monoda(f): 1:03pm On Feb 01, 2012
@ spyder880 :: Are you a contractor or its just a personal house. I can see you hav spent 3.9 already. Can i offer 6m for you to help me build mine within 2months ?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:36pm On Feb 01, 2012
OGa Spyder . . . You are making a man drool
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by caseymoney(m): 5:11pm On Feb 01, 2012
Spyder, you will give some private builder heart-attack with your breakdown. Nobody, could save this much than an experience builder. My little 3 bedroom bungalow has taken morethan 3M from me and we are still at the interior finishing (Tiles, Electircal and Ceiling). In fact, I'm projecting 6M - 7M to complete the project.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 5:40pm On Feb 01, 2012
caseymoney:

Spyder, you will give some private builder heart-attack with your breakdown. Nobody, could save this much than an experience builder. My little 3 bedroom bungalow has taken morethan 3M from me and we are still at the interior finishing (Tiles, Electircal and Ceiling). In fact, I'm projecting 6M - 7M to complete the project.

That is why we are here daily to learn the Spyder's way
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by maninmood(m): 7:39pm On Feb 01, 2012
[b]Spyder: I am not able to upload the building pictures here cuz it's on my bb and the usb is not here. I hope you can remember what I asked you as per the expenses that wld be spent on the building foundation then and you told me it would cost 1.5 and I finally spent 2.5. To fellow Nairalanders that think I was duped, I am not a first-time house owner. I've had my own experience with building a house. Moreover, I did not assign it to dubious people, I assigned the project to a trusted builder and a reliable supervisor; the pricing of the materials is done by myself by simply calling the respective companies. Labour charges is done with 'SENSE' grin

I think I made a mistake here. It is actually not 6 bedroom flat. It is a building with 2 blocks of 3 bedroom flat up and down, and it has a big corridor in between. Let's say out of the 120 x 60 land measurement, the building covers 100 x 40. The foundation with german floor expenses was about 2.5mil, decking is 5.2mil, and I understand why I have spent close to 10mil. I hope you all understand now. Please do not call me a fool. But the fact that Spyder has only spent 4mil on this building is surprising. Can we see the recent picture of the building sir?[/b]
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by maninmood(m): 7:51pm On Feb 01, 2012
Demain_man:

My Brother, The reason for the difference is that you live in Australia and professor Spyder is right there in Enugu. So you are subject to be MUGUrise by 'all' if you know what i mean cheesy cheesy

Thank your star that you at least have a building to show for your 10 million. Others have spent more than that with not even a foundation to show grin grin

undecided
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by maninmood(m): 8:02pm On Feb 01, 2012
maninmood:

Spyder, how much did you spend on the 'decking'?? The foundation with German floor, how much

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.