Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,359 members, 7,860,959 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:51 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (294907 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 5:28pm On Jan 23, 2013
skimanski: We Design Unique and good designs for very affordable prices. We also build and finish your houses at top quality workmanship. our designs are always unique, so we always advise to handle the project personally. furthermore, we do Interior Designs, Shops, Kitchen Rooms e.t.c attached is some of my designs and finishes. Action the say, speaks louder than words

Architect Jude O.
skimanski4life@yahoo.com
Lagos, Nigeria.

Nice concepts . . . Why not start a thread and show us more of what you could do . . . . Hope your prices are not neck slashing oh
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 5:52pm On Jan 23, 2013
I saw this house in one movies i was watching . . . . .

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by skimanski(m): 9:46pm On Jan 23, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Nice concepts . . . Why not start a thread and show us more of what you could do . . . . Hope your prices are not neck slashing oh

No my price are very very affordable. I have a trend already. "Best Architectural, Interior And Construction Works " BY SKIMANSKI. You can Check it out.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by doctorgold(m): 10:26pm On Jan 23, 2013
George_D: doctorgold,
so what is the best type of ceiling for residential?
just curious.
check out this link http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/expert-warns-on-dangers-of-pvc-building-materials/
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 11:32pm On Jan 23, 2013
skimanski:

No my price are very very affordable. I have a trend already. "Best Architectural, Interior And Construction Works " BY SKIMANSKI. You can Check it out.

Put the link to the thread here . . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Demainman1: 11:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
doctorgold: check out this link http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/expert-warns-on-dangers-of-pvc-building-materials/

Someone asked you what the best ceiling material is and all you can do is to post this link by a nigeria "copy copy" lecturer. You go school at all? Mtcheeeeww.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:58pm On Jan 23, 2013
doctorgold: check out this link http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/expert-warns-on-dangers-of-pvc-building-materials/

That's interesting! Now, flick all your mobile phones into the trashcan grin grin

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/cellphones

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by doctorgold(m): 12:14am On Jan 24, 2013
Demain_man:

Someone asked you what the best ceiling material is and all you can do is to post this link by a nigeria "copy copy" lecturer. You go school at all? Mtcheeeeww.
the problem is you are so daft to do researches. U expect to be fed. I only pointed out the flaws in that pvc ceilings. Advanced countries are moving to ban its use while we sit here and accept whatever they bring. Besides, you need to learn to address people.take time to think before you type on NL.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 12:14am On Jan 24, 2013
And, coffee is also harmful to health

http://www.livestrong.com/health-risks-of-coffee/

Moral of the story, there is nothing in this world that has advantages that don't have disadvantages also. That is why economic activities and the forces of demand and supply are very much influenced by the availability (or not) of substitutes.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by doctorgold(m): 12:23am On Jan 24, 2013
spyder880:

That's interesting! Now, flick all your mobile phones into the trashcan grin grin

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/cellphones
yoU guys need to read well to understand. I didnt condemn the product. What i did was to express my own bias towards it based on research and experience. Gues i still have the right to air my opinions. Its a matter of one mans meat being another mans poison. Make una read well and lemme rest abeg
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Demainman1: 12:27am On Jan 24, 2013
doctorgold: the problem is you are so daft to do researches. U expect to be fed. I only pointed out the flaws in that pvc ceilings. Advanced countries are moving to ban its use while we sit here and accept whatever they bring. Besides, you need to learn to address people.take time to think before you type on NL.

Sorry Sir. The question again is, kindly share with the house the 'best type of material for ceiling'. I don't want to do any research, i want to learn from the masters. Tell me that you don't have loads of PVC materials in your home right now. Na only ceiling?

@Prof Spyder, Thank you sir for the well deserved answers to doctorgold concern

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:04am On Jan 24, 2013

doctorgold,
thanks for the link. i think the emphasis was all about fire risk and inhalation of toxic chemicals.

however, rather than just pinpoint the hazards, i think experts should try and come up with viable
and cost-effective alternatives to pvc for interiors. unless and until this is done, all the shouting
may well be on deaf ears.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:17pm On Jan 24, 2013
Make sure you don't copy my designs without paying me, I hold the patent for this design cheesy

Today, I noticed that the tiles I bought for one of my bathrooms is not going to be enough for it. So I asked the tiler to combine the two available colours and give me a unique draft design. The result was much better than what I expected. I think I will do this again, never be afraid the try something new grin

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:41am On Jan 25, 2013
When buying tiles, make sure you get the accurate measurement for the space you want to tile. Call a tiler to calculate the required quantity and buy them all at once. Also remember to buy a little extra to provide for breakages.

Let me explain why you should buy your tiles at once, importers of tiles are fond of making a design, bringing in the design and when it is selling, they move on and start making other latest designs to import into this country. It is very possible that by the time you get ready to use you tiles after a delay, the sample may have finished in the market!

This was what happened in the picture I posted earlier, the blue tiles is no longer in the market. Instead the importers keep introducing newer designs.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:06pm On Jan 25, 2013
spyder880,
you are very correct. it almost happened to me too with my first house.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by tomjonel: 5:22pm On Jan 25, 2013
Mazi Spydoooo and all, please since I no dey house is this fair]?
Got this quote for cesspit/soak-away "18 X 10":

Digging and distribution of dirt = 60,000.00
Pegging ‘up and down’ = 5,000.00
Blockwork – 6k x 13 days = 78,000.00
Plastering and flooring = 16,000.00
Iron work = 18,000.00
Concrete work = 30,000.00
Boarding work = 20,000.00
Filling sides with broken blocks, rocks = 10,000.00
TOTAL LABOR: 237,000.00

Materials
30 boards X 800 = 24,000.00
Nails = 5,000.00
Binding wire = 5,000.00
¼ rod x 15 = ?
13/12/15?mm x 33 = ?
(No cement, granite, sand, water, etc yet!)
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by OilSubsidy: 6:38pm On Jan 25, 2013
^^^^^ You mean soak away as in where SH-T dey enter? or na the whole building foundation? Anyway, over to the masters. What do I know?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:15pm On Jan 25, 2013
tomjonel: Mazi Spydoooo and all, please since I no dey house is this fair]?
Got this quote for cesspit/soak-away "18 X 10":

Digging and distribution of dirt = 60,000.00
Pegging ‘up and down’ = 5,000.00
Blockwork – 6k x 13 days = 78,000.00
Plastering and flooring = 16,000.00
Iron work = 18,000.00
Concrete work = 30,000.00
Boarding work = 20,000.00
Filling sides with broken blocks, rocks = 10,000.00
TOTAL LABOR: 237,000.00

Materials
30 boards X 800 = 24,000.00
Nails = 5,000.00
Binding wire = 5,000.00
¼ rod x 15 = ?
13/12/15?mm x 33 = ?
(No cement, granite, sand, water, etc yet!)

Land type? (Swampy, waterlogged)
Soil type? (Stony, sandy, clay)
Size of the pit? (eg 12ft x 8ft x
10ft deep)
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:18pm On Jan 25, 2013
OilSubsidy: ^^^^^ You mean soak away as in where SH-T dey enter? or na the whole building foundation? Anyway, over to the masters. What do I know?

Whole building foundation, lol grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by skimanski(m): 7:18am On Jan 26, 2013
Affordable architectural designs. Construction, Renovations, and Interios. (Tiling, Kitchen, furnishings and solving general House problems)
CHECK OUT MY TREND https://www.nairaland.com/1164230/best-architectural-interior-construction-works
Architect Jude O. Odemwingie.
email: skimanski4life@yahoo.com
email: dnstructures@gmail.com
Tel; 08038390386

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by tomjonel: 11:45am On Jan 26, 2013
spyder880:

Land type? (Swampy, waterlogged)
Soil type? (Stony, sandy, clay)
Size of the pit? (eg 12ft x 8ft x
10ft deep)

Nna Spyder, people can steal you blind! Well the soil is solid and level. Pit size is 18 x 10 x 10 (way too big?). Abeg what is the size of your pit and can you provide cost breakdown or ball park number?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:56pm On Feb 01, 2013
I have successfully turned this house to a mini-lab grin
This is now the place I test different designs and styles of decorative works to see the effect they have on the house. I have hired some experienced hands and have given them the free hand to explore their creativity. I test their samples after they hang them and will either allow it or tear it down if it looks ugly to me. I will show pictures of some of our experiments this night.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:43pm On Feb 01, 2013
Some of the products we have developed, trademarks owned by the SpyderKenn group grin

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:52pm On Feb 01, 2013
Closer on the products

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:55pm On Feb 01, 2013
Pick up one like a piece of cake, or does it look like an aeroplane?

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:56pm On Feb 01, 2013
more.......

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:00pm On Feb 01, 2013
one of my workers developing (inventing) new samples

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:03pm On Feb 01, 2013
The design testing wall

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:14pm On Feb 01, 2013
closer on the 'beaded chain' design (registered)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:16pm On Feb 01, 2013
I had to order the removal of this design, I dont like it on my wall edge!

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:26pm On Feb 01, 2013
We have started painting inside the rooms, the kiddies room upstairs.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:42pm On Feb 02, 2013
Applying the new sample we developed on the wall edge.

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.