Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (294141 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by efe2000: 11:28pm On Nov 03, 2012
thanks spyder, i have been following this tread and have been inspired by your educative and informaive update please can you kindly advice me how many bundle you used for your entire house as i am almost at the same stage.many thanks and the lord is ur strenght.....[/b][b]
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:35am On Nov 04, 2012
efe2000: thanks spyder, i have been following this tread and have been inspired by your educative and informaive update please can you kindly advice me how many bundle you used for your entire house as i am almost at the same stage.many thanks and the lord is ur strenght.....[/b][b]

You mean pvc ceiling?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by efe2000: 5:51pm On Nov 04, 2012
yes sir i mean the pvc, sorry for not specifying sir. God bless
spyder880:

You mean pvc ceiling?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:06pm On Nov 04, 2012
efe2000: yes sir i mean the pvc, sorry for not specifying sir. God bless

I used about 12 or 13 bundles for the whole house.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by efe2000: 10:04pm On Nov 04, 2012
uncle spyder thank you
spyder880:

I used about 12 or 13 bundles for the whole house.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by mafifle: 1:17pm On Nov 05, 2012
@Prof Spyder, how many 9inch block can i get with a bag of cement and what is the number of bags i can use for a trip of sand that will give me a strong and economical block.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 1:25pm On Nov 05, 2012
mafifle: @Prof Spyder, how many 9inch block can i get with a bag of cement and what is the number of bags i can use for a trip of sand that will give me a strong and economical block.

Good question, but please can you ask it in my thread for block works. "The technology of block making"
I feel the question will be of more relevance there. Thanks.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by raphrinco: 11:40am On Nov 06, 2012
So how much will it cost in total?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by tmoney4god: 12:28pm On Nov 07, 2012
Show Details FROM:Goriola Taiwo TO:denijiakinlusi@yahoo.co.uk Message flagged Saturday, November 3, 2012 1:55 PM Dear SirLETTER OF INTRODUCTION Go-top Properties is a Real Estate and Town Planning firm registered under the Corporate Affairs Commission.Our organization is a model shop for Building Design, Building Approval, Certificate of Occupancy, Survey Plan, Construction and Maintenance Service, dedicated to the provision of comprehensive and quality that satisfied client’s desire. Though we recognized that quality service delivery is keen to customer satisfaction, this is why our dedicated professional and harmonized team has been drawn from different background to meet your needs.We request for the opportunity to be listed as one of your vendor to take care of your propose jobs you may deem necessary as related to building construction and maintenance such as Building Design, Structural Design, Building Approval, Survey Plan, Certificate of Occupancy and general building services. Our trained man-power and expertise provides an edge for us in service delivery, though indigenous but position ourselves in a place that guaranty customer’s satisfaction. We are looking forward to opportunity to serve you and established a beneficiary relationship.Best regard.Yours faithfully,For: Go-Top PropertiesGoriola Bolaji
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by tmoney4god: 12:29pm On Nov 07, 2012
Show Details FROM:Goriola Taiwo TO:denijiakinlusi@yahoo.co.uk Message flagged Saturday, November 3, 2012 1:55 PM Dear SirLETTER OF INTRODUCTION Go-top Properties is a Real Estate and Town Planning firm registered under the Corporate Affairs Commission.Our organization is a model shop for Building Design, Building Approval, Certificate of Occupancy, Survey Plan, Construction and Maintenance Service, dedicated to the provision of comprehensive and quality that satisfied client’s desire. Though we recognized that quality service delivery is keen to customer satisfaction, this is why our dedicated professional and harmonized team has been drawn from different background to meet your needs.We request for the opportunity to be listed as one of your vendor to take care of your propose jobs you may deem necessary as related to building construction and maintenance such as Building Design, Structural Design, Building Approval, Survey Plan, Certificate of Occupancy and general building services. Our trained man-power and expertise provides an edge for us in service delivery, though indigenous but position ourselves in a place that guaranty customer’s satisfaction. We are looking forward to opportunity to serve you and established a beneficiary relationship.Best regard.Yours faithfully,For: Go-Top PropertiesGoriola Bolaji 08023657058,08185129759
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:29pm On Nov 13, 2012
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by kcoolk4: 10:43pm On Nov 13, 2012
spyder880: cheesy cheesy
Congratulations Spyder. I'm very proud of you bro. It has really come out great!. How much have you spent to this stage?..please don't give me a ridiculously cheap number ooo.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:56pm On Nov 13, 2012
kcool_k4:
Congratulations Spyder. I'm very proud of you bro. It has really come out great!. How much have you spent to this stage?..please don't give me a ridiculously cheap number ooo.

Bros this is not funny o grin grin

The cost of finishing this house has really shaken me down to my bones, I never knew finishing is costlier than the building itself, I think this house may have chopped up to N10m-N10.5m, I will one day sit down and itemize everything.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 13, 2012
na man you be. All this place needs is colour.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:26pm On Nov 13, 2012
blink182: na man you be. All this place needs is colour.

Yesoo, paints and a little smoothing. God is great my brother.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 13, 2012
spyder880:

Yesoo, paints and a little smoothing. God is great my brother.
He is surely great and proving Himself mightily in your life.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 1:36am On Nov 14, 2012

Nice . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Sagewood: 6:28am On Nov 14, 2012
The duplex is looking really good. Great job!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Demainman1: 10:49am On Nov 14, 2012
@Prof, I am really impressed. Welldone. It will be good to see the cost breakdown. Thanks in advance.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by thosedays: 12:23pm On Nov 14, 2012
Great job Mr spyder, am happy for you. I can see that your little boy is already enjoying the new place.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by mafifle: 2:14pm On Nov 14, 2012
@Prof Spy Great work bro. Have started getting ready with blocks. Will come back to you on this your design.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by raphrinco: 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2012
Thank God is not easy ! but bros do you mean furnishing and building at the price?
thosedays: Great job Mr spyder, am happy for you. I can see that your little boy is already enjoying the new place.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Costa2000(m): 4:32pm On Nov 14, 2012
Great job.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:33pm On Nov 14, 2012
raphrinco: Thank God is not easy ! but bros do you mean furnishing and building at the price?

Thank you all, I just love the way the kids are enjoying the space here. Their joy gives me serious pleasure.
As for that price I quoted, it does not include the furnishings, only these;

Blocks
Cement
Rods (assorted)
Sand (sharp,soft)
Gravel
Water
Nails
Roofing sheet
Wood (assorted)
Ceiling sheets
Electrical wire
Plumbing materials
Tioletries
Tiles and tiler
Window frames and glass
Door frames and doors
Burglary proof (protectors)
Electrical fittings
Window hoods
Designed pillars
Scaffolding
The labour (those huge boys that do the work)
Transportation and logistics

One day I will sit down and calculate all, maybe after the painting is done.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:25pm On Nov 15, 2012
for the guy who sent me a mail and wants me to show a closer look at my frontal tiles.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:14pm On Nov 17, 2012
spyder,
you're doing just great. more grease to your elbows!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:50pm On Nov 17, 2012
George_D: spyder,
you're doing just great. more grease to your elbows!

Thank you my brother, what could I have done if not for the encouragement you guys give me.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 5:38pm On Nov 22, 2012
#spyder880,

I got this quote for my PVC works. What do you think?. Is it reasonable?. If not, what can i negotiate it to.

Quotation for Nigeria PVC
===========================
(1)Total meters of PVC = 195 Meters Square

Price per one Nigeria PVC = N1000.

Total PVC = N1000 * 195 = N195,000.

(2)Total Clips = 45 pieces
Price per one clip = N600

Total Clips = N600 * 45 = N27,000

(3) Labour = N40,000

(4) Transport = N15,000

Grand Total (1 + 2 + 3 + 4) = N195,000 + N27,000 + N40,000 + N15,000 = N277,000

Your urgent response will be appreciated. The person that gave me this quote was the person that did my roofing and i was impressed with the work. That is why i also want to give him the PVC ceiling.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2012
NL1960: #spyder880,

I got this quote for my PVC works. What do you think?. Is it reasonable?. If not, what can i negotiate it to.

Quotation for Nigeria PVC
===========================
(1)Total meters of PVC = 195 Meters Square

Price per one Nigeria PVC = N1000.

Total PVC = N1000 * 195 = N195,000.

(2)Total Clips = 45 pieces
Price per one clip = N600

Total Clips = N600 * 45 = N27,000

(3) Labour = N40,000

(4) Transport = N15,000

Grand Total (1 + 2 + 3 + 4) = N195,000 + N27,000 + N40,000 + N15,000 = N277,000

Your urgent response will be appreciated. The person that gave me this quote was the person that did my roofing and i was impressed with the work. That is why i also want to give him the PVC ceiling.

How many rooms and toilets, is any of the rooms oversized like living rooms etc?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 10:30pm On Nov 22, 2012
spyder880:

How many rooms and toilets, is any of the rooms oversized like living rooms etc?

Oga Spyder, this na real JAMB question o. The PVC ceiling work is just for the upper part of the duplex. There are three rooms with a family sitting room. The Master bedroom is big. one room is also big. The family sitting room is moderate. There are also sit-outs at front and back. There is also the staircase area.

Do not let the 195sqm measurement worry you. I do not really have any problem with that. When i went home last december, i took a floor measurement of all the rooms and bathrooms for purpose of buying tiles. My measurement is close. The only difference is the staircase area and some aspect of sit-outs.

Just want to know if the price quoted for PVC, clips and labour is reasonable.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:57pm On Nov 22, 2012
NL1960:

Oga Spyder, this na real JAMB question o. The PVC ceiling work is just for the upper part of the duplex. There are three rooms with a family sitting room. The Master bedroom is big. one room is also big. The family sitting room is moderate. There are also sit-outs at front and back. There is also the staircase area.

Do not let the 195sqm measurement worry you. I do not really have any problem with that. When i went home last december, i took a floor measurement of all the rooms and bathrooms for purpose of buying tiles. My measurement is close. The only difference is the staircase area and some aspect of sit-outs.

Just want to know if the price quoted for PVC, clips and labour is reasonable.

My point is why he is costing pvc boards in sq mts instead of the normal bundles as they are sold, but maybe thats how they do it around there. The labour is not supposed to be above N30k, 45 clips? well....
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 11:04am On Nov 23, 2012
spyder880:

My point is why he is costing pvc boards in sq mts instead of the normal bundles as they are sold, but maybe thats how they do it around there. The labour is not supposed to be above N30k, 45 clips? well....

Thanks for your response so far. Iam more confused by this response. I have sent you a mail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.