Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,872 members, 7,848,544 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:29 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (294554 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by OilSubsidy: 10:51am On Jan 11, 2013
@Prof Spyder, Like how much are you budgeting for the painting sir? Also is there a name for that your door? it's nice.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Geomac: 12:26pm On Jan 12, 2013
spyder880:

My brother, all the 3 bedroom flat no be the same category o! grin

Some have so much special passages, balconies and extra large rooms as to consume more materials. I cannot fully comment on the quantities till we know the coverage area. However the N65k charge should be dropped to about N40k or less for only a 3 bedroom wiring on conduit.

Thanks spyder880, i will ask him to drop the service charge as advised. Aside the quantities, are the prices ok for each item as quoted?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:01am On Jan 17, 2013
OilSubsidy: @Prof Spyder, Like how much are you budgeting for the painting sir? Also is there a name for that your door? it's nice.

I have already bought most of the paints to be used inside this house. My spending for paints stands at N85k but I think I will spend up to N220k before it will get to the taste I want, here are some of the paints I bought last week.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:03am On Jan 17, 2013
Now, for some updates on the finishing of this house, here are a few pictures

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:08am On Jan 17, 2013
We have been experimenting with all kinds of designs and styles for the sake of adding a special look on this house.
I personally designed this one to see how it will look on my wall edge, just being creative cheesy

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:11am On Jan 17, 2013
all sorts of styles, after all I am advertizing these crafts

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:13am On Jan 17, 2013
I did not know finishing a house is this costly, some samples of the lights fitted in the upper bedrooms

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:15am On Jan 17, 2013
more lights, my living room chandelier is of this design and colour.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:16am On Jan 17, 2013
ceiling fittings on the passage upstairs

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:17am On Jan 17, 2013
Tell me guys, does it seem as if am adding too much designs as to spoil the look of the house?

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 17, 2013
spyder880: more lights, my living room chandelier is of this design and colour.
I wonder why you are fixing lights before painting the walls.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:29am On Jan 17, 2013
blink182: I wonder why you are fixing lights before painting the walls.

The ideal thing is to paint the walls before fixing the lights, but since my painter is indisposed at the moment, we decided to fix two rooms ready for use. I will personally mask the lights with tape and old newspapers as we start painting next week, na my house na, I cannot allow any lapses cheesy
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 17, 2013
spyder880:

The ideal thing is to paint the walls before fixing the lights, but since my painter is indisposed at the moment, we decided to fix two rooms ready for use. I will personally mask the lights with tape and old newspapers as we start painting next week, na my house na, I cannot allow any lapses cheesy
Makes a lot of sense. I was beginning to wonder.

Since you are in a state with heavy construction, I want to ask what those cranes at building sites are used for.

That large building being built close to me has no crane on site, they simply build pillars, deck and build more pillars, presently, they are on the 2nd floor and each floor height is like 2.5 normal floors.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:33am On Jan 17, 2013
blink182: Makes a lot of sense. I was beginning to wonder.

Since you are in a state with heavy construction, I want to ask what those cranes at building sites are used for.

That large building being built close to me has no crane on site, they simply build pillars, deck and build more pillars, presently, they are on the 2nd floor and each floor height is like 2.5 normal floors.

Construction cranes are mainly used as a supply vehicle to get materials and sometimes personnel to the points in the project they are needed with minimum delays. Many construction cranes are positioned to have access to the top of the building project, that is the area where mixed concrete, metal bars and other heavy materials will be used.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 12:22pm On Jan 17, 2013
spyder880: I did not know finishing a house is this costly, some samples of the lights fitted in the upper bedrooms

Quite true. Make i share this your site small to post an update of my project as at December 2012. Just waiting for funds to embark on more finishing.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 12:24pm On Jan 17, 2013
More

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 1:40pm On Jan 17, 2013
Look this guy o, your house don fine finish grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 17, 2013
spyder880: Look this guy o, your house don fine finish grin
fine and big.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by OilSubsidy: 1:52pm On Jan 17, 2013
spyder880:

I have already bought most of the paints to be used inside this house. My spending for paints stands at N85k but I think I will spend up to N220k before it will get to the taste I want, here are some of the paints I bought last week.

Thanks for the reply. What will you consider a fair workmanship price for painting this type of you house which is similar in size to what i am doing. Like 60K? or 80K?

Rgds
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by OilSubsidy: 1:54pm On Jan 17, 2013
NL1960:

Quite true. Make i share this your site small to post an update of my project as at December 2012. Just waiting for funds to embark on more finishing.

This your compound big o. A lot of money will be chopped on interlocking stones
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 2:46pm On Jan 17, 2013
spyder880: Look this guy o, your house don fine finish grin

Just basically internal finishing to do. I intend to put some frontal tiles in some part in the front (up and down). Make i just relax for now since i have all the internal tiles (floor and wall) already bought and ready for laying.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 2:49pm On Jan 17, 2013
OilSubsidy:

This your compound big o. A lot of money will be chopped on interlocking stones

Na retirement house for villa. So na just few interlocking stones with a lot of trees that will be put. my brother's bungalow is also within the space/compound.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 3:27pm On Jan 17, 2013
OilSubsidy:

Thanks for the reply. What will you consider a fair workmanship price for painting this type of you house which is similar in size to what i am doing. Like 60K? or 80K?

Rgds

A painter is asking me to give him the job for 60k, but I know I can cut down the price lower than that.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by OilSubsidy: 4:07pm On Jan 17, 2013
spyder880:

A painter is asking me to give him the job for 60k, but I know I can cut down the price lower than that.

God! I have learnt a great deal from all of your threads o!! thanks a lot Prof. One day i hope to relocate to Naija and do something along your line of business. Hopefully build and sell. Make Baba GOD answer my prayers. This overseas don tire me no be small. sad

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NL1960: 6:09pm On Jan 17, 2013
OilSubsidy:

God! I have learnt a great deal from all of your threads o!! thanks a lot Prof. One day i hope to relocate to Naija and do something along your line of business. Hopefully build and sell. Make Baba GOD answer my prayers. This overseas don tire me no be small. sad

See this oga. So, u dey abroad dey enjoy and also dey collect/enjoy oil subsidy from naija. You too much. grin.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by OilSubsidy: 6:23pm On Jan 17, 2013
NL1960:

See this oga. So, u dey abroad dey enjoy and also dey collect/enjoy oil subsidy from naija. You too much. grin.

I wish! These days e be like say na insult to tell pesin say im dey abroad o. Recession don finish these oyibo people grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by skimanski(m): 6:48pm On Jan 17, 2013
We Design Unique and good designs for very affordable prices. We also build and finish your houses at top quality workmanship. our designs are always unique, so we always advise to handle the project personally. furthermore, we do Interior Designs, Shops, Kitchen Rooms e.t.c attached is some of my designs and finishes. Action the say, speaks louder than words

Architect Jude O.
skimanski4life@yahoo.com
Lagos, Nigeria.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by waleolu7(m): 12:49am On Jan 22, 2013
Hi all,
Can somebody help me with these questions PLEASE?
1.Specification for the concrete
2.concrete grade (C15, C20, C25, C30, C35, C40 etc.)

This is for ready mix concrete for my first floor slab(decking)
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by skimanski(m): 7:58am On Jan 22, 2013
waleolu7: Hi all,
Can somebody help me with these questions PLEASE?
1.Specification for the concrete
2.concrete grade (C15, C20, C25, C30, C35, C40 etc.)

This is for ready mix concrete for my first floor slab(decking)

They are the ratio of sand to cement to granite mixture for your slab. depending on how much stronger you want your slab to be. Note; kindly follow the ratio specification on your plan as advised by the professional.

For light blindings, and Strip Floors with less traffic the below specs are required;
C7 = 1:3:8 ( 1 bucket of cement : 3 bucket of sand : 8 bucket of granite)
c10 = 1:4:6 or 1:3:6 or 1:4:5

For Foundation Slads and First/Floor Slabs, wall slabs/pillas drive ways pavings. the below specs are required.
c15 = 1:3:5
c20 = 1:3:4 or 1:3:3
c25 = 1:2:4

For Drainage Slabs, retaining walls fencing post and areas with usuall heavy traffic. the below specs are required.
c30 = 1:2:3
c35 = 1:1.5:3

Thanks. Architect Jude
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by doctorgold(m): 5:16pm On Jan 23, 2013
Most people choose building materials wothout doing enough research. Aesthetics is good but there are other key factors to consider. I usually shake my head when i see pvc ceilings in residential buildings. Go find out its flaws
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by waleolu7(m): 5:23pm On Jan 23, 2013
Thanks Architect Jude. But what does he mean by the concrete specification?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:24pm On Jan 23, 2013
doctorgold,
so what is the best type of ceiling for residential?
just curious.

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.