Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,648 members, 7,823,834 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant (4938 Views)

Ladies Have You Observe Guys No Longer Beg Us For Relationship These Days / Nigerian Lady Narrates How Friend Of 20 Years Dumped Her / Yakubu Chanji Nafsi-Nafsi Bride Is 20 Years, N300,000 Paid As Dowry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Oracleforce: 11:06pm On Feb 24, 2022
Aworldofsurpris:
traditional churches are scams that I agree with you...but christainity itself is not a scam undecided

As far as there is poverty, juju and and wickedness in Africa....just will still continue to exist.....because when you are being jazz by your village people, you need deliverance from either church or mosque or babalawo to be free. .

Your carnal knowledge can not deliver you from spiritual jazz. .

We are watching...
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Kobojunkie: 11:12pm On Feb 24, 2022
AuthenticKing:

1. The Bible contradicts itself my dear. I don't want to give you examples because I'm trying to avoid redirecting this discussion to another topic which I don't have the stress for now. Read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation and you'll see contradictions, no matter how followers of Christianity try to make it seem, the Bible is not just straightforward.
I don't listen to those you describe as 'false teachers and prophets' that much, but from the few of their preachings I've listened to, they pick parts of the Bible that supports their deeply ingrained beliefs or their motives to deceive their members.

2. So what is Jesus Christ's truth?

3. Ok but you misinterpreted me or even tried to project your understanding of what non-religionists/Christians believe about Jesus Christ on me, that was why I said that.

4. Most of the teachings of Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Schopenhauer, Nietzsche, Aquinas, etc that have aided people of today were based on happenings of that time. Some of the laws of that 'Constitution' can still be applied today.

5. That's cool.

6. I'm not an atheist, for the sake of this discussion, I would love to be described as an anti-fundamentalist especially based on the Abrahamic religions.
You might be right about atheists who attack those of Abrahamic faith as being exactly the same kind of those they love to attack.
But seeing this in another way, countries like the U.S. and most African nations (it's worse in African nations) where Christians/Muslims control almost everything; keep people in constant fear of Hell, spreading their delusions and illusions which most times prevent people from thinking clearly, etc. I think these atheists are very helpful in this way, giving people other perspectives to consider and helping people find their own truth instead of blindly and gullibly following a religion that teaches that it is the only way to succeed or even live well.
Atheists, outspoken atheists especially, in countries where religion is the way of life are very much important in my opinion.
1. Again, Wrong! The book is a compendium of books written by different authors at different points in time and through different scopes, these books do not contradict themselves instead in an attempt to shape God to their understanding, the many false teachers and false prophets create these contradicting ideas they feed to you instead. undecided

Pick one example of what you claim is a contradiction. undecided

2. All that Jesus Christ taught and commanded of His followers. undecided

3. OK! lipsrsealed

4. Some but taking bits and pieces of a law to apply whenever you chose can also result in chaos. That Law was meant, by God as an All-or-nothing Law...you ignore or fail at even one of the 613 laws contained, you failed at all and curses are heaped on you as a result. Those who pick apart God's Law, even if out of ignorance, bring curses on themselves as a result. It is better to see a moral compass elsewhere than to claim it is rooted in God's Law which one is unwilling to follow into to. undecided

5. Ok undecided

6. Where are the voices of atheists in European nations and other nations where religions powers has significantly dwindled over the last 2 or 3 centuries? Ofcourse some of the credit goes to some with atheistic ideas in those nations, but rather than engage in endless meaningless battles with religious establishment ,they instead took to making their case in court of public opinions and we know how religion continues to struggle in those parts of the world compared to those where the religious debates rages on many decades later. undecided
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Igo9(m): 7:53am On Feb 25, 2022
nosleep:
When life go face you. My brother you go run go church.
nigerian pastors are thieves
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Samuelxxx(m): 11:52am On Feb 25, 2022
As for me I keep losing faith in religion that doesn’t mean that spirituality doesn’t exist. Religion has and will always be one of the biggest problem of Africa
Why would you believe another man story. Someone that come to enslave you gave you a book and told you that is the one and true god Someone brought peace through war. Are you serious are you blind don’t you think that psychology and subconscious slavery
Read about the church and crusades ,Constantine etc Most important read about history
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Bennysam: 3:10pm On Feb 25, 2022
SultanOfPuna:

Continue decieving yourself
Oldies fear God pass Americans wey no send God.
But the same oldies live in horrible conditions while Americans have decent welfare, electricity, and more.
If it is by fearing God, the oldies would have been more developed and advanced than Americans that dont fear God.
American no send GOD but all their currencies says in GOD we trust, my brother talk for yourself
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:

1. Again, Wrong! The book is a compendium of books written by different authors at different points in time and through different scopes, these books do not contradict themselves instead in an attempt to shape God to their understanding, the many false teachers and false prophets create these contradicting ideas they feed to you instead. undecided

Pick one example of what you claim is a contradiction. undecided
The first literal contradiction of the Bible comes from the two creation stories. Theologians have tried to give explanations about why it was written that way but it doesn't change the fact that those two stories contradict themselves.
But that is not my main issue, I forgot to mention that the Bible has so much errors (if taken literally anyways) and depicts God as a heartless autocratic wicked and manipulative being. We criticize people like Genghis Khan, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, etc forgetting that the God of the Bible (again I say if taken literally) is worse than those dudes.

Kobojunkie:

2. All that Jesus Christ taught and commanded of His followers. undecided
So give me examples of discrepancies between what Jesus taught and the ones people teach today. Don't tell me about prosperity teachers but think of those ones who constantly threaten us about hell and judgement day. You said no one teaches the truths of Jesus today so tell me where those ones are getting it wrong.

Kobojunkie:

4. Some but taking bits and pieces of a law to apply whenever you chose can also result in chaos. That Law was meant, by God as an All-or-nothing Law...you ignore or fail at even one of the 613 laws contained, you failed at all and curses are heaped on you as a result. Those who pick apart God's Law, even if out of ignorance, bring curses on themselves as a result. It is better to see a moral compass elsewhere than to claim it is rooted in God's Law which one is unwilling to follow into to. undecided
We have so many great people who pick bits of 'laws' from ancient great men and in addition with their own experience created something great.
I don't care about your your perception on these 'God's laws' because I see them as laws (if it's really true) given to a people to follow and some of these laws can be applied today, I don't care about whether it was given by a divine who will curse me if I don't follow his laws.

Kobojunkie:

6. Where are the voices of atheists in European nations and other nations where religions powers has significantly dwindled over the last 2 or 3 centuries? Ofcourse some of the credit goes to some with atheistic ideas in those nations, but rather than engage in endless meaningless battles with religious establishment ,they instead took to making their case in court of public opinions and we know how religion continues to struggle in those parts of the world compared to those where the religious debates rages on many decades later. undecided
European nations have this manipulative streak, they go to a nation, explore and exploit it, slowly find out the vulnerabilities of that people, introduce their customs and religions, and then dominate them. They see their religion as a tool not as something to dominate their way of life, that was why it was easy for atheists to introduce their ideas there. Of course, there were fanatics there but not so much rampant like it is in Africa.

America is a bit better. It's evident in their emergence as world power. But the fundamentalists there can be so annoying with their intrusions, making connections that comes from their illusions.

Africa is pathetic. They hold unto these religions like it's their life, we think that we are more holier than the inventors of religion. We even begin to claim that Jesus or Mohammed were originally Africans just to prove a point...
For these reasons, atheists must not be diplomatic, they must come out and find loopholes in these claims of fundamentalists, they must make Nigerians see things from other points of view. They must make Nigerians and Africans look beyond heaven and hell, demons and evil spirits and even angels seeing these concepts as parts of themselves that need to be worked not as something external! When we come to that level, we can now think of being diplomatic.

I would also love to reiterate that Europeans and even Americans who practice religion don't spend so much hours in the church (or mosque) like we do, they don't also always run to church and mosque when they have problems like we do. They don't also always come to social media to give religious solutions to problems that can be solved by meditation, reflection, self-assessment and therapy.
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by anoda(m): 6:35pm On Feb 27, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

And yet the same youths all cry "the suffering in this world is too much".

Certainly, the Oldies have had a good good living with God while the "I don't want God" are definitely crying.

Even small thing like marriage is very very hard.

Anyway, it is their suffer.
funny how they raised this genaration to have all these attributes.

1 Like

Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by anoda(m): 6:39pm On Feb 27, 2022
Aworldofsurpris:
traditional churches are scams that I agree with you...but christainity itself is not a scam undecided
jesus nor get wahalah na im fans dem dey do nonscense.
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by anoda(m): 6:42pm On Feb 27, 2022
SultanOfPuna:

The same oldies that made Nigeria extremely poor and corrupt.
The same oldies that are allowing neoptism and tribalism destroy our future.
The old generations put Nigeria into the Huge mess we are facing today.
All sectors of this Country are still run by the old generations.
So that shows you how messed up and ignorant the old generation was. Their actions are affecting youths till this day.
brute force nor dey work for these pple, just make progress make dem dey ask God to help dem learn ABCD.
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Dtruthspeaker: 6:49pm On Feb 27, 2022
anoda:
funny how they raised this genaration to have all these attributes.

Yeah! They were not good parents at all but God was Present in their time, so they enjoyed His Goodness.

But now, He is Gone Up and all is bad and very bad.

And the generation who have it worse are rather making it even worser and worsest for themselves. That is what astonishes me.

But, let me stay in my quiet place and not talk too much.
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by anoda(m): 6:51pm On Feb 27, 2022
Samuelxxx:
As for me I keep losing faith in religion that doesn’t mean that spirituality doesn’t exist. Religion has and will always be one of the biggest problem of Africa
Why would you believe another man story. Someone that come to enslave you gave you a book and told you that is the one and true god Someone brought peace through war. Are you serious are you blind don’t you think that psychology and subconscious slavery
Read about the church and crusades ,Constantine etc Most important read about history
and the way dem take hate free thinking people like jesus christ eh... You go wonder how dem take relate to the man principles.
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by anoda(m): 6:53pm On Feb 27, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Yeah! They were not good parents at all but God was Present in their time, so they enjoyed His Goodness.

But now, He is Gone Up and all is bad and very bad.

And the generation who have it worse are rather making it even worser and worsest for themselves. That is what astonishes me.

But, let me stay in my quiet place and not talk too much.

the same God whe tell dem make dem "rais a child in the way he should go"
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Kobojunkie: 7:06pm On Feb 27, 2022
AuthenticKing:
1. The first literal contradiction of the Bible comes from the two creation stories. Theologians have tried to give explanations about why it was written that way but it doesn't change the fact that those two stories contradict themselves.
But that is not my main issue, I forgot to mention that the Bible has so much errors (if taken literally anyways) and depicts God as a heartless autocratic wicked and manipulative being. We criticize people like Genghis Khan, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, etc forgetting that the God of the Bible (again I say if taken literally) is worse than those dudes.

2. So give me examples of discrepancies between what Jesus taught and the ones people teach today. Don't tell me about prosperity teachers but think of those ones who constantly threaten us about hell and judgement day. You said no one teaches the truths of Jesus today so tell me where those ones are getting it wrong.

3. We have so many great people who pick bits of 'laws' from ancient great men and in addition with their own experience created something great.
I don't care about your your perception on these 'God's laws' because I see them as laws (if it's really true) given to a people to follow and some of these laws can be applied today, I don't care about whether it was given by a divine who will curse me if I don't follow his laws.

4. European nations have this manipulative streak, they go to a nation, explore and exploit it, slowly find out the vulnerabilities of that people, introduce their customs and religions, and then dominate them. They see their religion as a tool not as something to dominate their way of life, that was why it was easy for atheists to introduce their ideas there. Of course, there were fanatics there but not so much rampant like it is in Africa.

America is a bit better. It's evident in their emergence as world power. But the fundamentalists there can be so annoying with their intrusions, making connections that comes from their illusions.

Africa is pathetic. They hold unto these religions like it's their life, we think that we are more holier than the inventors of religion. We even begin to claim that Jesus or Mohammed were originally Africans just to prove a point...
For these reasons, atheists must not be diplomatic, they must come out and find loopholes in these claims of fundamentalists, they must make Nigerians see things from other points of view. They must make Nigerians and Africans look beyond heaven and hell, demons and evil spirits and even angels seeing these concepts as parts of themselves that need to be worked not as something external! When we come to that level, we can now think of being diplomatic.

I would also love to reiterate that Europeans and even Americans who practice religion don't spend so much hours in the church (or mosque) like we do, they don't also always run to church and mosque when they have problems like we do. They don't also always come to social media to give religious solutions to problems that can be solved by meditation, reflection, self-assessment and therapy.
1. What two creation stories? undecided

2. You pick the examples and create a thread where we can go at them if you wish. undecided

3. How many of those laws have been tested and found to be Perfect, needing no changes and modifications over time? Even the Law "thou shall bear no falsehood" has been altered and tweaked by men to include condition after condition, why? Because we find these laws do not translate as written in God's Law into our own realities, yet God judges men by His original unblemished standard. undecided

4. Ok
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Dtruthspeaker: 7:35pm On Feb 27, 2022
anoda:
the same God whe tell dem make dem "rais a child in the way he should go"

And they disobeyed saying "how dem go dey here make dem child kon better pass dem, even to the point say hin go dey challenge me, as I take do to my parents wen dey make mistake teach me?"

It is Written, he that seeth his brother (including child) going astray and did not turn him away, his blood shall be required of him"!

1 Like

Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by anoda(m): 8:36pm On Feb 27, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

And they disobeyed saying "how dem go dey here make dem child kon better pass dem, even to the point say hin go dey challenge me, as I take do to my parents wen dey make mistake teach me?"

It is Written, he that seeth his brother (including child) going astray and did not turn him away, his blood shall be required of him"!
you wise my brother
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Anon4: 9:19pm On Feb 27, 2022
ParpahSeventy:

If religion was your problem, since you quit,you should have recorded great success by now but the unfortunate situation is that you are still where you are were as at the time of quitting.
It's quite unfortunate marvel and sci-fi movies don't allow kids if nowadays to come to terms with their society.
Don't mind him. His submissions are pure sentimental. Blaming religion for the failures of our government
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Anon4: 9:23pm On Feb 27, 2022
0Tolu0:

I honestly don't understand how people still think their god is doing something in Nigeria when it is so obvious praying and God isn't and has never done shit for us. Nigeria literally has thousands of churches in each state, people who pray every damn day but the country is still one of the poorest countries in the world. China doesn't have up to 100 churches in the whole country and they are one of the richest countries in the world with very intelligent people in every corner and still for some reason I don't understand my country people still think God is blessing them.
You are very daft man. Is Church a business enterprise or crude oil that will make you country rich?
Your education is a waste boy.
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by zikter(m): 10:44pm On Feb 27, 2022
SultanOfPuna:

God gave you brain to use and solve issue
if european man has challange does he run to God. NO
He use his brain to solve his issue
that is why they are advancing
They use their brain to solve and invent things

But you tools in Africa run to God for every challange. And still nothing change.
You still dont have electricity and u think prayer will solve this. Una mumu too much grin grin

If fetish is real then why didnt igboho dissapear from prison..
Why have they not use juju to destroy buhari
Police shoot armed men with juju and still kill them. Only low IQ people like you belive all those fetish nonesense
Funny enough, the youth who you are saying hate religion now are not doing anything better or inventive to solve anything. They are rather commiting fraud namely yahoo yahoo and constituting nuisance every where.
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Dtruthspeaker: 5:47am On Feb 28, 2022
anoda:
you wise my brother

Thank you.
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Matrixoba: 7:51am On Feb 28, 2022
At this rate bro, you might not be alive in 20 years time. Even the whites have a deity they venerate.
Is it for nothing that America stated: "In God we trust"?
And you want to japa to America.
Go one corner joor. Wasting your father's GOTv sub watching sci-fi movies
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Matrixoba: 7:52am On Feb 28, 2022
At this rate bro, you might not be alive in 20 years time. Even the whites have a deity they venerate.
Is it for nothing that America stated: "In God we trust"?
And you want to japa to America.
Go one corner joor. Wasting your father's GOTv sub watching sci-fi movies.
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. What two creation stories? undecided
Read Genesis 1 and 2 and come back here and reply.

Kobojunkie:

2. You pick the examples and create a thread where we can go at them if you wish. undecided
No, you initially stated that prophets of today are not professing Jesus' truths and that's what I'm asking you. Give me examples excluding the prosperity preachers at least for now.

Kobojunkie:

3. How many of those laws have been tested and found to be Perfect, needing no changes and modifications over time? Even the Law "thou shall bear no falsehood" has been altered and tweaked by men to include condition after condition, why? Because we find these laws do not translate as written in God's Law into our own realities, yet God judges men by His original unblemished standard. undecided
When we pick out words and teachings by ancient wise men and act on them, we don't see them as 'laws' but words of wisdom to serve as guidance, we modify these words and teachings to suit our present circumstances and we leave some that are timelessly unchanging and useful and follow them verbatim.
Somehow I don't get your points clearly. If God, the Bible God, punishes people who don't follow his laws verbatim, then why don't you think he will punish those who discard those laws just because they don't suit the times we are in??
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Kobojunkie: 10:22pm On Mar 02, 2022
AuthenticKing:
1. Read Genesis 1 and 2 and come back here and reply.

2. No, you initially stated that prophets of today are not professing Jesus' truths and that's what I'm asking you. Give me examples excluding the prosperity preachers at least for now.

3. When we pick out words and teachings by ancient wise men and act on them, we don't see them as 'laws' but words of wisdom to serve as guidance, we modify these words and teachings to suit our present circumstances and we leave some that are timelessly unchanging and useful and follow them verbatim. Somehow I don't get your points clearly. If God, the Bible God, punishes people who don't follow his laws verbatim, then why don't you think he will punish those who discard those laws just because they don't suit the times we are in??
1. It is the same story only in Genesis 2 the author zooms to telling the story in relation to the first couple. undecided

2. examples? There are about 100 commandments which make up the New Covenant, Jesus Christ, that your prophets do not teach you. undecided

a. Sexual lust, not sex(fornication, masturbation, homosexuality, etc.) is what Jesus Christ depicts as sin of the sexual kind in His Law. undecided

b. Marriage is a choice since God created some Eunuchs from birth, made some Eunuchs in this life and allowed some others live as Eunuchs for the sake of His Kingdom. So the idea that marriage is blessed by God is a lie this since God cursed marriage from the beginning- Genesis 3 vs 16. So, there really is no such thing as a "Christian" marriage, and this since Jesus Christ made it clear that marriage is of this world and not of the Kingdom of God. What all this invariably means is no one be saved via marriage and there are no such things as holy children..... undecided

3. Those who refer to them as principles to live by consider them laws.

Ofcourse, God's punishment for those who cherrypick, in my opinion, is much worse than His punishment for those who outrightly reject Him. undecided
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by blackgold2018(m): 12:06am On Mar 03, 2022
Your prediction is unintelligent
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by OMOJOHN001: 12:23am On Mar 03, 2022
[quote author=SultanOfPuna post=110275014]The joy i get when i see churches filled with old people i stead of youths is a sweet joy.

[/q

YOU SHUN CHURCH AND CHRISTIANITY, Just to embrace SULTAN OF PUNA, lolzxz. Ho Yee foolish people.

The truth is that you know, you have go astray and there is consequences for your actions which is Death or Hell, Now you are looking and encouraging people to follow your part so you won't be left alone or be the only one to suffer. lolzx.

That's how Devil works too, He needs people to suffer with him in Hell.

Yoruba people will say, A SHI ERE, N WA ENI KUN RA.
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Emperor88(m): 12:41am On Mar 03, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

And yet the same youths all cry "the suffering in this world is too much".

Certainly, the Oldies have had a good good living with God while the "I don't want God" are definitely crying.

Even small thing like marriage is very very hard.

Anyway, it is their suffer.
Same religion that the oldies embrace while others are going scientific is why we are suffering now....In Israel we have more Atheist that Christians, yet we are suffering...you better receive sense.
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Emperor88(m): 12:46am On Mar 03, 2022
SultanOfPuna:

The same oldies that made Nigeria extremely poor and corrupt.
The same oldies that are allowing neoptism and tribalism destroy our future.
The old generations put Nigeria into the Huge mess we are facing today.
All sectors of this Country are still run by the old generations.
So that shows you how messed up and ignorant the old generation was. Their actions are affecting youths till this day.

You dey mind the mumu ni...even their God country (Isreal) have legalize homosexual, UAE is gradually abandoning religion for science...China as more Atheist than religious people(xtrian stands at less than 2%) yet we with all the religion are suffering.
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Dtruthspeaker: 2:24pm On Mar 03, 2022
Emperor88:

Same religion that the oldies embrace while others are going scientific is why we are suffering now....In Israel we have more Atheist that Christians, yet we are suffering...you better receive sense.

Everywhere in the world people are doing stupid things and getting into stupid big big troubles which cause them to complain and cry and die bitterly and regretfully.

It is not a new thing.

Same thing happened in Enoch's and Noah's time, who ended up being the only right doing people God could find on the earth.

I verily want God to find me right doing as He did, in their case, whenever He Comes Avisiting, even if the whole world become an "I hate God" people.

Exodus 23:2 is my Law

"Thou shalt not follow the multitude to do evil"!

And, Israel has always been the worst of all peoples, and the world would not have been where we are, if they were a people to admire and follow.
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Nobody: 12:05am On Mar 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:

1. It is the same story only in Genesis 2 the author zooms to telling the story in relation to the first couple. undecided
Lol, go and read it very clearly again.
I've read some good books that tend to narrate a story in different chapters picking bits from this story to explain the chapter's message and none of them have contradicted themselves like the book of Genesis 1 and 2.

Kobojunkie:

2. examples? There are about 100 commandments which make up the New Covenant, Jesus Christ, that your prophets do not teach you. undecided

a. Sexual lust, not sex(fornication, masturbation, homosexuality, etc.) is what Jesus Christ depicts as sin of the sexual kind in His Law. undecided

b. Marriage is a choice since God created some Eunuchs from birth, made some Eunuchs in this life and allowed some others live as Eunuchs for the sake of His Kingdom. So the idea that marriage is blessed by God is a lie this since God cursed marriage from the beginning- Genesis 3 vs 16. So, there really is no such thing as a "Christian" marriage, and this since Jesus Christ made it clear that marriage is of this world and not of the Kingdom of God. What all this invariably means is no one be saved via marriage and there are no such things as holy children..... undecided
First of all, they are not my prophets, don't refer to them as my prophets
I don't understand your first point, are you tryna say Jesus only condemned sexual list not the acts itself like the examples you enclosed in the bracket? Or I didn't understand you clearly?
Your second point doesn't seem to make any sense, first of all, how does Genesis 3:16 imples that Jesus cursed marriage?
I don't read the letters of St Paul that much because I find most parts of it boring but I've come across parts where marriage was declared as being ordained by God. What of the part where Jesus condemned divorce and pronounced it as adultery?

Besides, what relevance are these your points to our world today? People not speaking Jesus' truths, as you suppose, how does it help or harm us? Why is it important?

Kobojunkie:

3. Those who refer to them as principles to live by consider them laws.
No I don't agree. Principles are quite different from laws. I'm bound by my principles out of personal choice and I alone produce consequences for myself if I fail to live by my principles. I can alter my principles a bit if they are no longer serving me.
Laws are kind of imposed. We are punished if we don't follow laws.

Kobojunkie:

Ofcourse, God's punishment for those who cherrypick, in my opinion, is much worse than His punishment for those who outrightly reject Him. undecided
This is quite funny to me, I'm sorry to say cheesy
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Nobody: 12:05am On Mar 10, 2022
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 10, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Gf Seems To Be Catching Feelings / I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa / Why Are Nl Guyz Afraid To Upload Their Pix?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.