Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,305 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant (4922 Views)

Ladies Have You Observe Guys No Longer Beg Us For Relationship These Days / Nigerian Lady Narrates How Friend Of 20 Years Dumped Her / Yakubu Chanji Nafsi-Nafsi Bride Is 20 Years, N300,000 Paid As Dowry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by advanceDNA: 4:51pm On Feb 16, 2022
blahc007:

Two years from now Elon musk will be learning from him on how to build flying electric train grin

U like violence grin

2 Likes

Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by blahc007: 5:05pm On Feb 16, 2022
advanceDNA:

U like violence grin
grin the boy na attention seeker wey don chop belle ful...cos a hungry comrade will hardly sit and be typing such rubbish.

1 Like

Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by alphaNomega: 6:17pm On Feb 16, 2022
Aworldofsurpris:
traditional churches are scams that I agree with you...but christainity itself is not a scam undecided

Nothing holds a candle to the bullshit that is religion
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by alphaNomega: 6:19pm On Feb 16, 2022
SmartPolician:
You never face challenge...that's why you are here typing NONSENSE.

When one fetish idiot uses charms to destroy a part of your body because they want to take over your position in the office or outsmart you in business, you will be forced to either follow Jesus or follow babalawo.

Stop blaming the failures of Christians on Christianity, they are two different entities. People preach what they don't practice and it is not God's fault
What fuçking charms? Ask yourself, were where these charms when people were shipped overseas in the name of slave trade?

Putting your faith in impotent hogwash

2 Likes

Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by SmartPolician: 6:24pm On Feb 16, 2022
alphaNomega:

What fuçking charms? Ask yourself, were where these charms when people were shipped overseas in the name of slave trade?

Putting your faith in impotent hogwash

Before you mention me again, you need to go and read your books.

Many families voluntarily sold their stubborn kids (like you) during the slave trade era because they considered them utterly useless.

1 Like

Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Jolene201(f): 6:26pm On Feb 16, 2022
webhead:
it's sad how people of this generation conflate number of Christians and churches with riches, intelligence and sucess. So sad how people don't seek to understand God ways from his word, but instead follow their own mindset and what they see. So sad how Hollywood has deceived Africans into thinking that white people no longer care about spirituality.

So sad cry
honestly,I was surprised when I saw someone up there mentioning things like Americans don't believe in God..
Those whites still have good people.. people that love God..I read christian books and they are all white authors.. Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin Rebecca Brown..smith wigglesworth I can't even finish mentioning them ... even that old John Knox ... even those that they started the America together.. Martin Luther and all... America has a Christian root..we should not just assume all whites are atheists... and yes they used the intelligence God gave them you don't have to be a Christian to prosper na..I don't understand why people are blaming Christianity for what's happening to Nigeria.. Everyone is just bitter..it's well...

3 Likes

Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by alphaNomega: 6:27pm On Feb 16, 2022
SmartPolician:

Before you mention me again, you need to go and read your books.

Many families voluntarily sold their stubborn kids (like you) during the slave trade era because they considered them utterly useless.

You refused to answer my question. Read it again before I respond

1 Like

Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by terrezo2002(m): 7:07pm On Feb 16, 2022
SultanOfPuna:
The joy i get when i see churches filled with old people i stead of youths is a sweet joy.

My father and mothers generation took church matter too serious. Im glad i broke that tradition by not going to church.
They called me devil for not following them

i dont blame them, i love them even tho they are ignorant. I still love them.
So many people predicted this in time past. The bad thing is that these people died
But what made me happy is that my siblings are following my path and have shunned christianity. Same with many youths today

Religion blocked their common sense
They stopped going to church
Now they are free minded and think more creatively.
Adeboye and co in 20 years. Nobody will attend all those pentecostal scam centers.

Im sooo happy, to realise that this new generation are wayyy smarter than our fathers generation
People who predicted same sadly died earlier than expected. May be you too will soon be forgotten.
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by olubolaji19x: 7:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
It's really sad seeing young minds actually believe God and spirituality are nothing but a scam and lies. People find themselves in places and situations only God can bring them out of, not even all their human wisdom or knowledge, same people who doubted His existence in the first place. I pray our unbelief is helped

2 Likes

Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 16, 2022
Op you funny... And you know nothing.

Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by bluefilm: 7:35pm On Feb 16, 2022
SultanOfPuna:
The joy i get when i see churches filled with old people i stead of youths is a sweet joy.

My father and mothers generation took church matter too serious. Im glad i broke that tradition by not going to church.
They called me devil for not following them

i dont blame them, i love them even tho they are ignorant. I still love them.

But what made me happy is that my siblings are following my path and have shunned christianity. Same with many youths today

Adeboye and co in 20 years. Nobody will attend all those pentecostal scam centers.

Im sooo happy, to realise that this new generation are wayyy smarter than our fathers generation

20 years is too far.

From what I am seeing, let's say in 10 years time

1 Like

Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 8:18pm On Feb 16, 2022
This thing wey you dey brag abt so, Na why heads dey roll for Ogun State.
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Kobojunkie: 9:25pm On Feb 16, 2022
SultanOfPuna:

I am afraid that Christianity isn't what blocked commonsense for your folks at all. They were blocked to commonsense before they became gullible victims of the likes of Adeboye and his ilk. undecided

The problem that is lack of commonsense that is Nigeria today started from even before Christianity became mainstream religion that it is today in Nigeria. That problem has existed from even the time of their ancestors before them. You claim your folks are free of Christianity means they are free minded... but I bet you that they are still just as close minded as the average Nigerian remains where commonsense is concerned. undecided
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Reggaemich(m): 9:41pm On Feb 16, 2022
Op, is very obvious u don't believe in God

But don't try to spread your ill-thinking on others

People are free to belong or worship any God or gods they choose to

Irrespective of the happenings of Nigeria today, I want u to know they are still genuine Christians that still believe in God (nobody will announce that to U)

Ur pessimistic assumption will never mature

Don't be like

De Laurence of America

All God needs, is just a single and willing person to build Nigeria
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 16, 2022
If Christianity is eradicated from Nigeria, what alternative will be used to control human behavior?

In as much there are so many hypocrites practicing the religion and of course so many flaws there, I still think the religion goes a long way in making people a little bit sane.

I've seen so many things Christianity and Islam have prevented us from achieving in Nigeria and Africa but I can't be blind from seeing the positives. More importantly, just like I'm trying to explain above, remembering the words of the Bible gives people some hope and helps people live rightly.

If Christianity goes away, I think youths will become more and more wayward because there's no other compass that reminds them of the right things to do and the wrong things to avoid.

What we should be fighting against is fundamentalist Christianity... Accepting the words of Bible literally...
If people begin to practice Christianity the way Buddhism is being practiced, mehn, we go dey ok.

2 Likes

Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Kobojunkie: 10:25pm On Feb 16, 2022
Reggaemich:
Op, is very obvious u don't believe in God
But don't try to spread your ill-thinking on others
People are free to belong or worship any God or gods they choose to
Irrespective of the happenings of Nigeria today, I want u to know they are still genuine Christians that still believe in God (nobody will announce that to U)
Ur pessimistic assumption will never mature

Don't be like
De Laurence of America
All God needs, is just a single and willing person to build Nigeria
Why would God want to build Nigeria? undecided
Is that part of what Jesus Christ told you He was sent to do, to build Nigeria?, undecided
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Kobojunkie: 10:39pm On Feb 16, 2022
AuthenticKing:
1. If Christianity is eradicated from Nigeria, what alternative will be used to control human behavior?

2. In as much there are so many hypocrites practicing the religion and of course so many flaws there, I still think the religion goes a long way in making people a little bit sane.

3. I've seen so many things Christianity and Islam have prevented us from achieving in Nigeria and Africa but I can't be blind from seeing the positives. More importantly, just like I'm trying to explain above, remembering the words of the Bible gives people some hope and helps people live rightly.

4. If Christianity goes away, I think youths will become more and more wayward because there's no other compass that reminds them of the right things to do and the wrong things to avoid.

5. What we should be fighting against is fundamentalist Christianity... Accepting the words of Bible literally...
If people begin to practice Christianity the way Buddhism is being practiced, mehn, we go dey ok.
Traditional jargon and rules were already in use as far as controlling of the minds of Nigerians long before Christianity showed up on the horizons, so let's drop the bullsheet about how Nigerians were somehow freethinkers before the foreigners showed up. undecided

2. I don't agree with that at all. To those already close-minded, religious is simply another dose of yet the same poison. That turns out to be what happened in Nigeria. Nigerians fell hard for the very false teachers and false prophets Jesus Christ warned those who will listen to Him from following. undecided

3. The negatives far outweigh the positives particularly in the Nigerian case for anyone who is willing to be honest. undecided

4. Your youths have always been wayward and if waywardness is all there is to them, then it will be. Also, Jesus Christ, the Christ in Christianity never did say that the reason He came was so your youths can be less wayward, so I am not certain why many of you continue to assume He has come to bring peace to the world when He said more than once that He has not come to do no such. undecided

5. If you infact took the Words written in scripture literally, you would in fact have more understanding of God and Jesus Christ, than you currently boast of even now. undecided

There is no connection between Christianity and Buddhism so I am not certain where your last statement comes from at all. undecided
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Reggaemich(m): 10:48pm On Feb 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Is that part of what Jesus Christ told you He was sent to do, to build Nigeria?, undecided
why would God not build Nigeria

Are u his spokesman

Great countries of today is it not a person that it originated from

1 Like

Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Reggaemich(m): 10:52pm On Feb 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Are u his spokesman

Great countries of today, is it not a person that it originated from
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Kobojunkie: 11:08pm On Feb 16, 2022
Reggaemich:

Are u his spokesman

Great countries of today, is it not a person that it originated from
God never said He came to build the world so what gives you the idea that God even cares about your Nigeria in the first place? undecided

I don't got to be God's Spokesman to know what God clearly said to all men. God said He did not come to bring peace to the world, so how could He be responsible for building you a Nigeria?, undecided

The great countries you mentioned built themselves up so stop waiting on God to do what God never said He would do for you and start building yourself yourself Nigeria you want. undecided
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Dominion2000: 11:09pm On Feb 16, 2022
You have just killed and destroyed your life and destiny. Matthew 16:18 says the church is matching on and no opposition from you and your Satan master will be able to bring the church down. The church from now will be taking nations and kingdoms as territories. Mark it.
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Reggaemich(m): 11:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
God never said He came to build the world so what gives you the idea that God even cares about your Nigeria in the first place? undecided

I don't got to be God's Spokesman to know what God clearly said to all men. God said He did not come to bring peace to the world, so how could He be responsible for building you a Nigeria?, undecided

The great countries you mentioned built themselves up so stop waiting on God to do what God never said He would do for you and start building yourself yourself Nigeria you want. undecided
for God so loved the world(john3:16)

from your point, is obvious stones developed those countries rather than humans

1 Like

Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Kobojunkie: 11:28pm On Feb 16, 2022
Reggaemich:
for God so loved the world(john3:16)

from your point, is obvious stones developed those countries rather than humans
Lol.. you folks and your pick and chose theology never ceases to amaze me... undecided

So never mind that God declared boldly that He has not come to bring peace but to bring a sword, you instead choose to assume that because you have can extract the words "God so loved the world.." from within the context of a verse, you can assure yourself that God came to build for you your Nigeria? It is this lazy-minded approach to scripture that is the Nigerian Christians, the gullible individuals, the OP and his ilk complain of. undecided

If you had bothered to read that verse of John 3 vs 16 in its entirety, you would have figured that what is stated of God's love for the world is in fact meant for the Individuals in the world - the whosoevers- that will believe in Him, not nations or peoples like your Nigeria. This is a marked difference between God's Old Covenant Law of Moses which God made specifically with the Nation of Isreal alone - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 , and God's New Covenant agreement which He makes with Individuals - Matthew 26 vs 28 - 30 undecided

2 Likes

Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Kobojunkie: 11:29pm On Feb 16, 2022
Dominion2000:
You have just killed and destroyed your life and destiny. Matthew 16:18 says the church is matching on and no opposition from you and your Satan master will be able to bring the church down. The church from now will be taking nations and kingdoms as territories. Mark it.
The church Jesus Christ spoke of is the one He built Himself- not those built by your mogs and pastors. undecided
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Reggaemich(m): 11:43pm On Feb 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Lol.. you folks and your pick and chose theology never ceases to amaze me... undecided

So never mind that God declared boldly that He has not come to bring peace but to bring a sword, because you have extract the words "God so loved the world.." from within context means God came to build you Nigeria? It is this lazy minded approach to scripture that Nigerian Christians the gullible individuals the OP and his ilk complain of. undecided

If you bothered to read that verse of John 3 vs 16 in its entirety, you would have figured that God's Love for the world is for the Individuals - the whosoevers- that will believe in Him, not nations or peoples like Nigeria. This is a marked difference between God's Old Covenant Law of Moses which God made specifically with the Nation of Isreal alone - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 , and God's New Covenant agreement which He makes with Individuals - Matthew 26 vs 28 - 30 undecided
u are interpreting verse 16 the way u like

There are people that still believe in God, who are still in nigeria,

Your fact of those that believe in him , leave that for God to judge

U are just using figments of your imaginations to judge Nigeria as a whole

Learn to be practical

God's love is agape and unconditional

He loves the world including Nigeria

Since God does not love Nigeria (according to u), what are u doing here(Nigeria)

Go to the countries God loves(use google to find them out)

1 Like

Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Kobojunkie: 11:58pm On Feb 16, 2022
Reggaemich:
1. u are interpreting verse 16 the way u like

2. There are people that still believe in God, who are still in nigeria, Your fact of those that believe in him , leave that for God to judge U are just using figments of your imaginations to judge Nigeria as a whole

3. Learn to be practical. God's love is agape and unconditional. He loves the world including Nigeria. Since God does not love Nigeria (according to u), what are u doing here(Nigeria)Go to the countries God loves(use google to find them out)
1. Interpreting? All I did was apply basic human language comprehension here since I read that from an Engiish Bible. Anyone with a brain would tell you that a reference to "Whosoever" addresses, not a Nation or a people but instead individuals. undecided

2. Actually, God judged those people are either belonging to Him or not 2000 years ago when He declared that those individuals love Him are those who obey His commandments - John 14 vs 15 - 25 undecided

3. So believing in lies told you by your Pastors and mogs about how God somehow loves Nigeria makes you more practical? Talk about gullibility. God doesn't need to love your Nigeria, a construct created by men for their purposes. God instead loves the individuals and had made for individual a way to escape a curse which He, God, placed on mankind from the beginning - Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22. It is as simple as that. undecided
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by ParpahSeventy: 12:04am On Feb 17, 2022
advanceDNA:

U like violence....lol....he won’t answer you..

People like the OP erroneously assume people that are successful and don’t believe in God are successful because of their unbelief... it’s the most stupid fallacy I’ve ever come accross

..No one has monopoly to knowledge... many of the principles of science we are working with today were discovered by religious folks... religion never prevented development...this guy is just anti-God

Blacks had it good in the beginning..but it was a disadvantage to our ability to think.
our good weather, great soil, availability of animals all through the year, large trees and rocks to live under limited our thinking.... after all necessity they say, is the mother of invention.

The whites had to think or perish...isn’t it clear that the coldest part of the world thought of inventing a fridge first... animals and plants weren’t abundant in winter, they had to think preservation.... the weather was horrible, they had to think better ways of housing, and so on

Some shallow thinking blacks now think they can compete with the thousands of year of head start the whites had....ko possible ....
You have said it all. Even the OP can't reason outside the box, so he attacks religion and make excuses, he probably hasn't seen life outside the comfort his parents provides for him, there are things science can't explain, it's quite obvious he knows very little about science, so the ones he watched from Marvel and those shitty movies he thinks they can solve his problems, life is deep, there are myths science can't explain to you and there are things religion won't still explain to you that's why they all have their role to play in the society, but these myopic people won't understand.
When he feels the cold nature of life he will know that evil exists, horror exists, there are things you will see your eyes will bleed.
He hasn't seen those things but have data to create shitty posts.

1 Like

Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Reggaemich(m): 12:08am On Feb 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Interpreting? All I did was apply basic human language comprehension here since I read that from an Engiish Bible. Anyone with a brain would tell you that a reference to "Whosoever" addresses, not a Nation or a people but instead individuals. undecided

2. Actually, God judged those people are either belonging to Him or not 2000 years ago when He declared that those individuals love Him are those who obey His commandments - John 14 vs 15 - 25 undecided

3. So believing in lies told you by your Pastors and mogs about how God somehow loves Nigeria makes you more practical? Talk about gullibility. God doesn't need to love your Nigeria , a construct created by men for their purposes. God instead loves the individuals and had made for individual a way to escape a curse which He, God, placed on mankind from the beginning - Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22. It is as simple as that. undecided
from the bolded above

U are saying God does not love Nigeria

Bottom line(God hates Kobojunkie) because u are a Nigerian

Listen to your self

1 Like

Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Kobojunkie: 12:11am On Feb 17, 2022
Reggaemich:
from the bolded above U are saying God does not love Nigeria

Bottom line(God hates Kobojunkie) because u are a Nigerian
Listen to your self
Instead your Nigeria is not in the scope of God's plan is what God Himself tried to make you realize from 2000 years ago. undecided

And no, God loves me as an individual, this since i live my life in total submission to and obedience of His commandments to us in Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Reggaemich(m): 12:16am On Feb 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Instead your Nigeria is not in the scope of God's plan is what God Himself tried to make you realize from 2000 years ago. undecided

And no, God loves me as an individual, this since i live my life in total submission to and obedience of His commandments to us in Jesus Christ. undecided
with time will will get there

Rome was not built in a day

I am not sure God loves, because your argument contradicts your believe in him

If u have lost hope in Nigeria, that does mean u should spread your lack of hope to others

1 Like

Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Kobojunkie: 12:22am On Feb 17, 2022
Reggaemich:
1. with time will will get there. Rome was not built in a day

2. I am not sure God loves, because your argument contradicts your believe in him

3. If u have lost hope in Nigeria, that does mean u should spread your lack of hope to others
1.what time? To build wetin God no send you? undecided

2. How can contradict that which I am in direct agreement with? If I ask you wetin "contradiction" mean and go ahead to ask you to point out the contradictions you claim are in my claims, na so you go begin dey do head like tortoise. undecided

3. Lost hope in Nigeria? How can I loose hope in something that I never placed my hope in to begin with? I ama citizen of the Kingdom of God meaning I live in this world but I am not of this world and it's nations, including Nigeria. undecided
Re: In 20 Years Christianity Will NO Longer Be Relevant by Ola17: 3:16am On Feb 17, 2022
AuthenticKing:
If Christianity is eradicated from Nigeria, what alternative will be used to control human behavior?

In as much there are so many hypocrites practicing the religion and of course so many flaws there, I still think the religion goes a long way in making people a little bit sane.

I've seen so many things Christianity and Islam have prevented us from achieving in Nigeria and Africa but I can't be blind from seeing the positives. More importantly, just like I'm trying to explain above, remembering the words of the Bible gives people some hope and helps people live rightly.

If Christianity goes away, I think youths will become more and more wayward because there's no other compass that reminds them of the right things to do and the wrong things to avoid.

What we should be fighting against is fundamentalist Christianity... Accepting the words of Bible literally...
You raised salient and valid points.
Human excesses can easily be curtailed by the rule of law and its enforcement, that is how it is done in saner climes. Contrary to what Nigerian Christians will have you believe, a ‘good’ person doesn't need religion to do the right thing in the society.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why You Should Date An Already Rich Guy / goood dayyyy / How A Banker Wife Got Divorced By Her Husband Over A Rape Incident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.