Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse (16159 Views)

Over 400 People Dead, 1000 Injured As Massive Earthquake Hits Nepal / Document Exposes Plot To Collapse Nigeria’s Economy By US & Britain / Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by PawPaw3(m): 11:31pm On Aug 05, 2007
Why do Nigerian immigrants think everybody who critisize america was refused a visa? So all the stories we hear of europeans critisizing america is what? Does it also means these europeans were refused visa? Haba na which work these people do before them go america? Abi na agbekpo job hahaha
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by TayoD(m): 11:34pm On Aug 05, 2007
@Pawpaw,

I really hate it when the Nigerian immigrants to america come here boasting of how good america is.
But that is the truth, America is a good place. If it isn't, those people will be back in naija this very minute.

These are the people who come back home and tell people in their village of how rosy things are in america forgeting to tell them the downside of immigrants to america.
If they didn't, where did you get your info?

I have nieces and cousins all over america and I know the racism they face over there.
This is a fact. Whites in America are not as racist as the Blacks in America.

When oyinbos come to naija they expect houseboy/housegirl, driver etc. and foolishly we give them this undue priviledges.
Of course you can have same in America if you can afford it. So why the hating!

Yet our people will never tell the truth, thats why every young man wants to go abroad, the naijas in america should  lecture our youths about america, not make out like america is paved with gold.
What more truth do you want? America is full of humans and you can expect every vice you find in people to be manifest in the country. America is not paved with gold, but you can be sure of one thing, if you are hard working, you will be able to provide for your family. Same cannot be guaranteed in naija.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by omoge(f): 11:40pm On Aug 05, 2007
pawpaw, body dey pepper you. you never see person wey go help pour ata rodo and ata wewe for your body that's why you dey here dey open mouth like person whey him girlfriend dumped. wait let me get time for you, you this UI students clothes washer!!. You don't know me. You are a very rude boy!

why should the word God bless America be a yardstick for you to start using abusive word?? i wasn't talking to you. respect yourself okay. and don't craze reach where i dey you hear, nonsense and ingredients.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by PTH(m): 11:46pm On Aug 05, 2007
Paw-Paw:

@denex
I really hate it when the Nigerian immigrants to america come here boasting of how good america is.

If to tell the truth is to "boast" then so be it. How many bridges have collapsed in Nigeria and no one has been bothered? How many times have floods, collapsed buildings in Lagos, pipeline fire disasters and Nigerian army explosions led to the deaths of thousands of Nigerians and we all pretend as if all is well.
Less than 50 Americans die in a bridge disaster and the usual "cast aspersions on America" brigade are here pontificating. At least here i can go home at 11pm without looking out for armed robbers! And did i forget to say i'm 110% sure electricity, gas and water supply is guaranteed?

Paw-Paw:

These are the people who come back home and tell people in their village of how rosy things are in america forgeting to tell them the downside of immigrants to america. I have nieces and cousins all over america and I know the racism they face over there.

your family members must be having it very rough. Since i've been here i've had not one single complaint. Is racism present in America? Sure! Just the same way racism aka tribalism exists in Nigeria. Solve your problems first before picking out that of others.

Paw-Paw:

When oyinbos come to naija they expect houseboy/housegirl, driver etc. and foolishly we give them this undue priviledges.

If you are rich enough to afford it, those "undue priviledges" are urs here too.

Paw-Paw:

Yet our people will never tell the truth, thats why every young man wants to go abroad, the naijas in america should lecture our youths about america, not make out like america is paved with gold.

America is not paved with gold but if you are hardworking you can achieve whatever you set ur mind to achieve. Can we say the same of Nigeria?
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by PTH(m): 11:48pm On Aug 05, 2007
Paw-Paw:

I sure say you suffer gon ni before you reach america. America na heaven to you abi. Hahaha
There are many people leaving better in naija than in america, it depends how poor your family are, and the level of education. If you couldn.t gain admission to a nigerian university because you're thick as a plank and you go to some stupid university in america, stay there because those bogus certs are no longer recognised in nigeria.

As if your Nigerian certificates are accepted in ordinary Ghana! grin grin

Any idiot smart enough to cheat can gain entry to the typical Nigerian glorified secondary schools aka universities.
Is any of ur homegrown schools among the world's top 1000 colleges?
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by PawPaw3(m): 11:53pm On Aug 05, 2007
@PTH
This boy e be like say you hate naija, so why are you here? Why you no go try america forum, after dem know say you be nigga o boy dem go drive you commont. Hahaha.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by daprince: 11:54pm On Aug 05, 2007
@ denex

Just wondering, with this statement,
denex:

So I'll answer TayoD's question which you tried to prevent me from answering in order to make me seem dumb. I will answer the question and then cease all further posting. I'll only be coming in here to see people wallow in your opinions and see how you're handling you new found position as God.

what are u still doing here contributing? Just wondering please.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by PawPaw3(m): 11:58pm On Aug 05, 2007
omoge:

pawpaw, body dey pepper you. you never see person wey go help pour ata rodo and ata wewe for your body that's why you dey here dey open mouth like person whey him girlfriend dumped. wait let me get time for you, you this UI students clothes washer!!. You don't know me. You are a very rude boy!

why should the word God bless America be a yardstick for you to start using abusive word?? i wasn't talking to you. respect yourself okay. and don't craze reach where i dey you hear, nonsense and ingredients.
You no well, carry go ja re. Come how see how am leaving like a king, I didn't have to face the racism you face daily. May be you should try Panama theirs less racism there and your people in naija would still think you are in america. Carry go ja re.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by PTH(m): 12:08am On Aug 06, 2007
Paw-Paw:

@PTH
This boy e be like say you hate naija, so why are you here? Why you no go try america forum, after them know say you be nigga o boy them go drive you commont. Hahaha.

hating Nigeria is impossible, its just that the attitude of most of you latter day naija lovers (simply because you have no other choice) is nauseating.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by denex: 12:24am On Aug 06, 2007
@daprince

I really tried, but the level of ignorance and shallowness you display on this forum, it just stabs my heart and I can't help but to intervene.

By the way, the next time measures are taken to ban us from Nairaland, we too will use resources available to ban Nairaland from the internet.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by omoge(f): 12:26am On Aug 06, 2007
you are crazy. na you no well. you this poor shoe maker. food remain eater. poor boy like you. in your right sense, you won't be speaking anyhow. you jam craze today. let's get it started. creepy-crawlie! i live in Ibadan so i don't face racism in my city. shame catch you now.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by k0be: 12:31am On Aug 06, 2007
chineke, olorun, allah, God--must you people start again lipsrsealed.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by omoge(f): 12:33am On Aug 06, 2007
imagine! common God bless America i wrote, this boy started insulting a chic like moi. you go smell shit today bring it ON! fari fari kawoi. dan bature yaro!!
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by PTH(m): 12:36am On Aug 06, 2007
see wetin visa refusal don cause. grin
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by TayoD(m): 12:40am On Aug 06, 2007
@PTH,

see wetin visa refusal don cause.
That's not strictly true. It is all George Bush's fault!
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by daprince: 12:49am On Aug 06, 2007
denex:

@daprince

I really tried, but the level of ignorance and shallowness you display on this forum, it just stabs my heart and I can't help but to intervene.

By the way, the next time measures are taken to ban us from Nairaland, we too will use resources available to ban Nairaland from the internet.

Ur supposed intervention is biased and lacks genuine and guided knowledge. From what I've seen in most of ur posts, u mostly just wanna be heard. U don't wanna agree that ur supposed source of information is somewhat faulty, and when people tried explaining the actual situation of things, u went beserk and claimed to know it all.
However, no matter how dampen or misguided one's ideas or beliefs are, I think Seun shouldn't just go ahead and start banning people, it just brings out the "Obasanjoness" in him.

BTW, how is ur yahoo yahoo business going? LOL. Are u getting the Americans that u so much hate? All these naija guys sef, when their biz no gree enter again, dem go begin hate the Americans.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by denex: 1:00am On Aug 06, 2007
@PiTy H

I really pity your state of mind. If I wanted to travel out of Nigeria, my stepfather is Swiss and we've have not taken up his offer to move to Switzerland in fact my stepbrother who is halfcaste does not share his Nigerian citizenship with Switzerland. So bone the matter wey you dey talk. abi for your mind now, yankee better pass switzerland?

@TayoD

My brother, shun lies. How can you say that African Americans sleep well without security concerns? Abi the whole US don become washington dc? All the ghettos and hoods are now safe to live in? Have they now converted them all to Beverly Hills? TayoD, I'm beginning to doubt that you are in this US that you claim. Abi na two America dey? No be America wey Washington sniper, Vtech shooter Azzam the American dey perpetuate their crimes? All the serial killers nko? Abi na only inside film dem dey?

No be the America wey dem dey sell gun to criminals they way dem dey sell cocacola for traffic? Abi you fit come tell me say traffic no dey USA.

Abi all the hangs don move go back to mexico? No be US wey even caesarian kidnapping dey go on? Where they slit open 9 month pregnant women and steal their babies from their wombs?

No be for US the Italian Mafia dey concretise human being inside drum?

MEND wey dey even kidnap and release, American press go dey complain. Majority of people kidnapped in the US ether raped or homosexually raped and killed.

Abeg TayoD, stop this kind talk. You just even made me check July murders in the US and I no fit count them finish.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by denex: 1:04am On Aug 06, 2007
@PiTy H

I really pity your state of mind. If I wanted to travel out of Nigeria, my stepfather is Swiss and we've have not taken up his offer to move to Switzerland in fact my stepbrother who is halfcaste does not share his Nigerian citizenship with Switzerland. So bone the matter wey you dey talk. abi for your mind now, yankee better pass switzerland?

@TayoD

My brother, shun lies. How can you say that African Americans sleep well without security concerns? Abi the whole US don become washington dc? All the ghettos and hoods are now safe to live in? Have they now converted them all to Beverly Hills? TayoD, I'm beginning to doubt that you are in this US that you claim. Abi na two America dey? No be America wey Washington sniper, Vtech shooter Azzam the American dey perpetuate their crimes? All the serial killers nko? Abi na only inside film dem dey?

No be the America wey dem dey sell gun to criminals they way dem dey sell cocacola for traffic? Abi you fit come tell me say traffic no dey USA.

Abi all the hangs don move go back to mexico? No be US wey even caesarian kidnapping dey go on? Where they slit open 9 month pregnant women and steal their babies from their wombs?

MEND wey dey even kidnap and release, American press go dey complain. Majority of people kidnapped in the US ether raped or homosexually raped and killed.

Abeg TayoD, stop this kind talk. You just even made me check July murders in the US and I no fit count them finish.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Iman3(m): 1:06am On Aug 06, 2007
Denex,you have confirmed yourself as an ignorant oaf! grin
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by PTH(m): 1:07am On Aug 06, 2007
denex:

@PiTy H

we thank God, you get lifeline. grin
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by denex: 1:27am On Aug 06, 2007
@PiTy H

it's not a lifeline. It's a relative from a foreign country. I'm not going anywhere except China, when I've made up time to practice the martial arts.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Nobody: 2:46am On Aug 06, 2007
omoge:

imagine! common God bless America i wrote, this boy started insulting a chic like moi. you go smell shit today bring it ON! fari fari kawoi. dan bature yaro!!

chei omoge are you beginning to hang with militia lipsrsealed
even you don begin rain abuses on people.
if it's to mohadana he deserves it.lol
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by TayoD(m): 3:08am On Aug 06, 2007
@denex,

My brother, shun lies. How can you say that African Americans sleep well without security concerns? Abi the whole US don become washington dc? All the ghettos and hoods are now safe to live in? Have they now converted them all to Beverly Hills? TayoD, I'm beginning to doubt that you are in this US that you claim. Abi na two America dey? No be America wey Washington sniper, Vtech shooter Azzam the American dey perpetuate their crimes? All the serial killers nko? Abi na only inside film them dey?
I dey talk armed robbers and u are here talking about people wey need psychiatric help. While the US and the world know the few people who are guilty of these heinous crimes, can u give us naija's statistics?

No be the America wey them dey sell gun to criminals they way them dey sell cocacola for traffic? Abi you fit come tell me say traffic no dey USA.
I don't even understand wetin u dey talk here, but I have every right to buy guns like any other person. But u know what? I never thot about it. I have no fence around my house except the one around my yard to keep my kids from going where I do not expect. I have no buglary prrof around my windows and doors. Despite all these in naija, armed robbers broke into our family house in Lagos and held us all captive. They broke into my house also in Abuja and only God knows how many times I witnessed armed robbery "Live" in Lagos.

Can you list how many you know? While doing that you might want to find out how many ritual related deaths happen in naija daily.

Please share your numbers with us and compare to the cult related deaths in our schools too.

MEND wey dey even kidnap and release, American press go dey complain. Majority of people kidnapped in the US ether attacked or homosexually attacked and killed.
The criminals are made to face justice here. How many face justice in naija?

Please give us numbers and compare with naija.

While it may appear that I am running naija down, that is certainly not my intentions. I am only trying to put things in perspectives.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Nobody: 3:12am On Aug 06, 2007
Please give us numbers and compare with naija.

While it may appear that I am running naija down, that is certainly not my intentions. I am only trying to put things in perspectives.

Tayo abeg don't make me laugh.
we are still trying to figure out if Bola Ige,a whole attorney general is actually dead and you're asking for statistics?
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by denex: 3:31am On Aug 06, 2007
@babyosisi

you're talking Bola Ige, Attorney General.

Who kill John Kennedy, President, Commander in Chief.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by PTH(m): 3:32am On Aug 06, 2007
denex:

@babyosisi

you're talking Bola Ige, Attorney General.

Who kill John Kennedy, President, Commander in Chief.

Lee Harvey Oswald.

Oya answer the question on Bola Ige.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by denex: 4:03am On Aug 06, 2007
PiTy you always see things from the surface so I'll tell you:

Moshood Olatunji Enifeni killed Bola Ige.

Please, next time I ask more intelligent people questions, allow them give me more intelligent answers. It was during the 16th century that people used to look at things from the surface.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Nobody: 4:11am On Aug 06, 2007
denex:

Please, next time I ask more intelligent people questions, allow them give me more intelligent answers. It was during the 16th century that people used to look at things from the surface.

lol.
Is that the poor soul they pinned it on.
where there eyewitnesses,camera shots,finger prints,DNA or he confessed while they dug pincers unto his scrotum
who actually killed him,I mean who sent him?
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by PTH(m): 4:17am On Aug 06, 2007
denex:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin The scape goat framed at the 11th hour to the end of Obasanjo's tenure?

i thought you'd be more intelligent at smelling a fraud. Has he been prosecuted? why the sudden silence on the matter if indeed he is the killer?
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Nobody: 4:21am On Aug 06, 2007
left to me,the prison gates in Nigeria ought to be opened and everyone let loose.
There is very little shred of evidence to keep anyone in there.
In a country where you can pay the police to arrest your enemies,I'm sure most people in there did nothing ,they are condemned before they ever get to court.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by denex: 4:30am On Aug 06, 2007
@PTH

Thanks for thinking I'd more intelligent as to smell a fraud there. Unfortunately, I wouldn't say same for you. I knew you would come out with Oswald. That's why I didn't direct my question to you.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by PTH(m): 4:36am On Aug 06, 2007
denex:

@PTH

Thanks for thinking I'd more intelligent as to smell a fraud there. Unfortunately, I wouldn't say same for you. I knew you would come out with Oswald. That's why I didn't direct my question to you.

lol continue skirting around the truth essentially saying nothing. you can google oswald anytime you feel like, he was investigated thoroughly and found guilty. the only question mark is if he did it alone or was paid to do the killing and NOT whether he was the shooter. That is a settled case.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Russian Ambassador Says Poland Blocked His Embassy's Bank Accounts / France To Close Embassies Over Cartoon Publication / I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.