Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,323 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell (39404 Views)

Nigerian Man Marries With ‘fake’ Genotype, Abandons Wife With ‘sickle Cell’ Kids / Hidden Life Rules That I Learned Too Late In Life / Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Aydot351(m): 9:48pm On Feb 19, 2022
omo that no 7 weak me lol
Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by JordanMichael(m): 9:48pm On Feb 19, 2022
You say wetin
Besto:
You no do anything and you allow them carry you go cell.

Guy you dull.

Hold your Grounds next time.
Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Felaak47(m): 9:49pm On Feb 19, 2022
Besto:

Guy you dull.

see this one it seems you are not in Nigeria, the police dogs will not allow you to talk untill you get to their station
Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Pascopele: 9:50pm On Feb 19, 2022
davillian:
Lmao, the day police raid and picked me and my friends
Looked us up in the cell as we enter one idiot slap one of our friend e turn royal rumble that night
They gas separate us cus eyes and mouth don burst on both sides angry....
Lol! I Can Relate had similar experience experience in Ilorin.
Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Gireiboy(m): 9:51pm On Feb 19, 2022
NGArmyTerrorist:
May God help you to move out of that Zoo to a foreign country where life is better and sweet. Someone that is hungry ,who went out to get snacks for himself, labeled a bad boy and taken to station just like that. You can see while some of us called it a Zoo! And those TERROIST in uniform are worst than demons.
I pray that foreign country would not be US sha, because out there you are already stereotyped as a criminal and gets killed by the police easily because of the color of your skin.
Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Bigfish121(m): 9:53pm On Feb 19, 2022
Thank God I have never experience police wahala.

1 Like

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by ibinaboonline: 10:06pm On Feb 19, 2022
Abi o. I like your position but “holding ground “ in Nigeria has an 70% chance of ending in blog posts with “graphic content “ as part of it.
Besto:

Guy you dull.

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Brownshoe: 10:08pm On Feb 19, 2022
Yorubaipobhausa:

Na mumu dey follow Nigeria police drag
Are you tired of living
leave the guy, he be like he wan stylishly commit suicide, follow Nigeria police drag,
Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Albertone(m): 10:24pm On Feb 19, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Arrest everyone? The other people were driving in the direction that the entire road had been converted to. I had turned right into the road and was intercepted immediately by the police. I was from out of town and didn't know the road had been converted to a uni-directional road. I had always used that route before and it was bidirectional

So no, there were no "everyone" to arrest

Oh Understand now.
Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Pascopele: 10:28pm On Feb 19, 2022
ikorodureporta:
Dem no burst yr ass cheesy

Wetin that money go buy inside cell
It's usually in prison they burst your yansh, the situation in Nigeria correctional facility is a slave and master relationship. You don't talk to the warden standing, you MUST squat at every given point in time talking to the warden. The female sanitary pads are usually cotton wool and in the event you don't have any they use a piece of clothes.

Conjugal visit are a rare privilege. If you new (maybe your case is not so strong let say you hit someone and the person is in the hospital recuperating and it a court case-if the person dies, if you don't have a good lawyer you will languish in prison forever), they are bed spaces for sale, 500 a night, 1000 a night then we have the executive suit and the also have grades, the one with AC, without AC and WC, with AC and domestic staff, with AC, domestic staff, TV and the perks that comes with it- Bode George enjoyed this while in prison. Their cell block is different from the rest of the prison. Watch closely these VIP don't come to court with handcuffs, they may at the intial stage afer some time, no handcuffs and indication that the have been moved to the VIP.

In the prison cell I was, we had the Christian leaders and the Muslim leaders. We were about 356 in a very small prison cell. Once it 5:00am we all wake and give space in this small cubicle to the Muslim to pray, no one dares make a noise while they are praying, once they are done they give way to christian to do their morning devotion. The food is nothing to write home about, if you see egusi, stew, beans, rice and eba you prefer to go hungry that eat it, but this prisoner eat it with joy, I couldn't not eat it the very first 3 days, they kept telling me, "you go die of hunger". Nobody told me, I had to start to eat and eventually enjoyed it.

We all had duties assigned to us, from cleaning to washing, weeding the grass and maintenance. There is also classes for vocational courses.

Your cell mates were rapist, robbery, serial killers, cultist and many awaiting trial for crimes they know nothing about. All these guys have compelling stories to tell only a few who have been sentence to death either by hanging or life in prison actually open up and tell you how, why and the genesis of their being in prison. Some of these guys in prison had some warder on their payroll (how do you explain a cell mates telling you he watched the champion league match and had access to his wife and kids and had a medical check up.

K, who is awaiting trial for 8yrs.
D, is petty thief has been in and out of prison for years
H, been in prison for a crime he know nothing about
V, has been in prison since 90's, probably has less than 3 yrs in his sentence, but says he prefers it here (prison) than outside.

Donation (such as toiletries, soap, detergent, biscuits, noodles) doesn't get to the prisoner, they are sold those those that have cash. In prison cigarettes is like cocaine 10 people can share one stick 1 person one drag. Warden are heartless and wicked Nigeria Police toture dey learn for were warder dey.

One thing about Nigeria prison system, HAVE MONEY otherwise you will rot in prison.

You reading this freedom is beautiful, value your freedom

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Besto(m): 10:40pm On Feb 19, 2022
Dybala11:

What is this one saying sef, they shot a dude and roped him as a hardened armed robber all because he stood his ground against them. You don't reason with animals oga.
A schoolmate of mine was also arrested in the vehicle taking him to school, they took him to the ATM stands and emptied his bank account. Just pray for God to continue to keep you from those animals called Nigerian Police o.

Majority of youths don't know their rights

That's it.

How many times you Don hear police carry man go atm.

1 Like

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Besto(m): 10:42pm On Feb 19, 2022
Segzy19:
Wait for your turn so you can hold your grounds... Then we will know you are not dull.

Well I know my rights and can't be rubbished. When you stand on your right they will be intimidated.

They get you by putting fears into you and then capitalise on it.

2 Likes

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Elxandre(m): 10:51pm On Feb 19, 2022
penocrat1:
So sad you experienced that.But even in sane countries.You cannot just step out without an ID card.You can even save it on your phone.have some contacts you can always call to vouch for you.
What is he's unemployed?
He's a criminal for that?
Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Besto(m): 10:54pm On Feb 19, 2022
Felaak47:
see this one it seems you are not in Nigeria, the police dogs will not allow you to talk untill you get to their station

Like seriously

So for example I'm driving with all complete documents after a police check.

Police go just tell me say make we dey go station even after he has checked my papers and it's complete.

Then me I go begin submit like Dundee go the station on what grounds.

2 Likes

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by ruggedboych: 10:59pm On Feb 19, 2022
Besto:

Once you are very clean and sure of yourself.

Shout and attract passers-by.

Them go leave you.

This strategy have worked for me three years ago at jibowu under ridge
Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by ImoleNaija: 11:05pm On Feb 19, 2022
airsaylongcome:
The same thing happens presently in that same Oniru axis with LASTMA and Police hiding in unmarked vehicle waiting for someone who is unaware of that change to make the deadly wrong turn

Imagine that angry
Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Calicoe: 11:09pm On Feb 19, 2022
Albert0011:
I remember that fateful day i was arrested with some group of weed smokers, they ran inside my room and one of the police men saw them.
Upon all the evidence i showed them,even my student ID card, that am not among them.
Even my neighbors begged and begged them, they didn't agree, they still took me to the police station and i bailed my self with 4k back then 2015.
One of them was even threatening me with a gun that i should give a statement that am a cultist,that's why i don't pity most them when ever they are killed.
Some of them are just are just naturally wicked.

Na cases like this dey make me clap for those people wey dey slaughter police like chicken. Once police men go broke, they make unnecessary arrest just so they could collect some bail money.

2 Likes

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Salihusaliheen(m): 11:13pm On Feb 19, 2022
U no go like even ur worst enemy to be in cell,I pray that thing shoud not happen to anyone or me again.imaging sleeping in cell, mosquito are ur guest till daybreak
Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Tobest94: 12:11am On Feb 20, 2022
Ekealterego:
When those police come for you, first rule is never ever ever show fear.

Make mouth, talk as if you know everyone that matters.

Threaten to call soldiers, talk as if you are related to big lawyers. Talk as if you work with Transparency international. Be bold.

Next rule: DONT BEG!!!
They never slap you before.. they disgraced my guy thy resisted arrest.. them beat am and drag am on ground publicly before taking him to station and later released him freely after advising him not to drag with police next time

In conclusion, Nigeria is a zoo!!
Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by thinkmoney(m): 12:23am On Feb 20, 2022
KiNg0G:
This is my second time to be unlawfully arrested and taken to a police station. yesterday their defense was they heard a complaint some boys were constituting nuisance around the neighborhood so they came to perform what they call Raid. I been unlucky,I had to go get barbecue and banana around 8:30pm just to have as my dinner...I needed something light. The keke I entered on my way back I was stopped, they ask for my ID, which I didn't have on me. Buh I told them what I do for a living....just because they saw Tatoes on my hand... They put me in the back of the car along with some boys that they have already hold..I had to sleep cell for the sec time in my life yesterday.. before morning came, I gave them my statement and got bailed out by my landlady.

here are the top 7 things I observed

1) HOLD YOUR GATE FEE

you be surprised what gate fee am I talking about, are you entering a concert that wizkid and davido are performing artists with ladies twerking, no bro..it's a cell filled with lowlife criminals of different crimes.. hardened criminals..as soon as they see a fresh person about to be put inside cell.. THEY ALWAYS EXPECT YOU TO COME IN WITH MONEY. because for them survival is what they all about..and to survive they need food daily, because many of them have been abandoned there with no body coming to bail them out.

I was forced to pay #500

2) COUNTER OR INSIDE CELL YOUR POCKETS DECIDE

can you believe I was told by one slim female police clerk, that if I was to stay in the counter till day brake I have to pay #1500.
it wasn't new to me, I had only 500naira and some change left after the barbecue purchase..I pleaded with her to take it but it fell on deaf ears..some guys that came with me quickly sorted them self out and they were told to pull their bosers and sit in chair at the corner...while the rest of us who couldn't afford was taken inside cell.

3) BAil is not free

Why was I arrested? They saw me with the barbecue and banana I bought on my way home, but they still took me to the station because I had a Tatoe like who does that?.in a civilse county...I told them I was into music during my teen days, even til now, I still get called for features and mentoring.. but this police they Just didn't care to hear from me at that time....I knew they took me as a meal ticket.mthey said am a bad boy because I have a Tatoes.

4) YOUR SOCIETAL STATUS DOSENT MATTER INSIDE A NIGERIA POLICE CELL

Those hardened criminals don't care if you own 3 venzas or benz...range rover. Or if you've build an estate or operate in real estate. They just need you to maintain and follow the laid out rules.... they don't care if your a big man or not...INFACT THE MORE AJEBOYISH YOU LOOK, the weak they sense you to be. so you have to be focus, shine your eyes and behave like them.. or try to.

They say when In romans behave like the romans.

5) SENIORITY DEPENDS ON THE STRONGEST

Yes in a Nigerian cell, it doesn't matter who first came, but who is perceived as the strongest.... but the person who has been there for a week has a higher advantage than someone who just came that paid gate fee to get a place to lie down with the smell of piss and shît besides him. Why? Because no how you came in and meet 5 guys inside..those guys has already bonded since morning...gisting... telling stories and the rest. So that just came need to use your head...if not those guys will change it instantly towards you.

6) YOUR FOOD IS OUR FOOD

I DON'T think I have to explain this, is self explanatory...the cell member's has its own governing Bodies from PRESIDO TO DIFFERENT POST. so if your bail was delayed, and your people brings food for you. The right thing to do is call them to join you.. you can't just eat it Alone.
It's never done that way on my 2 experience.

7) EARLY MORNING SINGING DEVOTION

ON my 2 experience, 5am everyone is expected to wake and the morning devotion starts between all the cells in the police station trust me if it's 4 cells...the 4 cells will coordinate the morning devotins together singing praises and worship to God almighty for life...then the presido leads them in prayer.

Note: this is not to discredit the nigeria police system but for we all to come together and share and relate With our different experiences in life thanks grin

The way they are hardened criminals so are they innocent people who are Just arrested unjustly..

From your writing, I deduce your English isnt really good. I suspect u were not able to defend yourself in fluent english.
You probably was putting in some broken english that might have given you off as 'just one if those guys'.
Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by ejiromusic(m): 1:50am On Feb 20, 2022
dawnomike:
I pray you never experience such ever again

Make them no give you hot boxers collect your fresh boxers kro kro go do Dorime for your ya*sh

1 Like

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Born2conquer: 2:46am On Feb 20, 2022
Pascopele:
It's usually in prison they burst your yansh, the situation in Nigeria correctional facility is a slave and master relationship. You don't talk to the warden standing, you MUST squat at every given point in time talking to the warden. The female sanitary pads are usually cotton wool and in the event you don't have any they use a piece of clothes.

Conjugal visit are a rare privilege. If you new (maybe your case is not so strong let say you hit someone and the person is in the hospital recuperating and it a court case-if the person dies, if you don't have a good lawyer you will languish in prison forever), they are bed spaces for sale, 500 a night, 1000 a night then we have the executive suit and the also have grades, the one with AC, without AC and WC, with AC and domestic staff, with AC, domestic staff, TV and the perks that comes with it- Bode George enjoyed this while in prison. Their cell block is different from the rest of the prison. Watch closely these VIP don't come to court with handcuffs, they may at the intial stage afer some time, no handcuffs and indication that the have been moved to the VIP.

In the prison cell I was, we had the Christian leaders and the Muslim leaders. We were about 356 in a very small prison cell. Once it 5:00am we all wake and give space in this small cubicle to the Muslim to pray, no one dares make a noise while they are praying, once they are done they give way to christian to do their morning devotion. The food is nothing to write home about, if you see egusi, stew, beans, rice and eba you prefer to go hungry that eat it, but this prisoner eat it with joy, I couldn't not eat it the very first 3 days, they kept telling me, "you go die of hunger". Nobody told me, I had to start to eat and eventually enjoyed it.

We all had duties assigned to us, from cleaning to washing, weeding the grass and maintenance. There is also classes for vocational courses.

Your cell mates were rapist, robbery, serial killers, cultist and many awaiting trial for crimes they know nothing about. All these guys have compelling stories to tell only a few who have been sentence to death either by hanging or life in prison actually open up and tell you how, why and the genesis of their being in prison. Some of these guys in prison had some warder on their payroll (how do you explain a cell mates telling you he watched the champion league match and had access to his wife and kids and had a medical check up.

K, who is awaiting trial for 8yrs.
D, is petty thief has been in and out of prison for years
H, been in prison for a crime he know nothing about
V, has been in prison since 90's, probably has less than 3 yrs in his sentence, but says he prefers it here (prison) than outside.

Donation (such as toiletries, soap, detergent, biscuits, noodles) doesn't get to the prisoner, they are sold those those that have cash. In prison cigarettes is like cocaine 10 people can share one stick 1 person one drag. Warden are heartless and wicked Nigeria Police toture dey learn for were warder dey.

One thing about Nigeria prison system, HAVE MONEY otherwise you will rot in prison.

You reading this freedom is beautiful, value your freedom
Thank you for this piece, may God come through for everyone

2 Likes

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Pascopele: 7:32am On Feb 20, 2022
Born2conquer:

Thank you for this piece, may God come through for everyone
You welcome.
Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by KiNg0G: 8:15am On Feb 20, 2022
thinkmoney:

From your writing, I deduce your English isnt really good. I suspect u were not able to defend yourself in fluent english.
You probably was putting in some broken english that might have given you off as 'just one if those guys'.
yes your right, my English isn't really that good.but you understood me right? So all the people that are taken to the stations unjustly their english isn't that good? Or those doing time in jails dont know how to speak English when they were caught..
What a disgusting slowpoke you are, you should be ashamed of your reasoning. It shows your brain is not using it's full potentials.

2 Likes

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Pascopele: 8:37am On Feb 20, 2022
thinkmoney:

it's not a function of your English speaking ability, infact, speaking English infuriates them (Nigeria Police).
Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by TheiaTalks: 8:47am On Feb 20, 2022
KiNg0G:
This is my second time to be unlawfully arrested and taken to a police station. yesterday their defense was they heard a complaint some boys were constituting nuisance around the neighborhood so they came to perform what they call Raid. I been unlucky,I had to go get barbecue and banana around 8:30pm just to have as my dinner...I needed something light. The keke I entered on my way back I was stopped, they ask for my ID, which I didn't have on me. Buh I told them what I do for a living....just because they saw Tatoes on my hand... They put me in the back of the car along with some boys that they have already hold..I had to sleep cell for the sec time in my life yesterday.. before morning came, I gave them my statement and got bailed out by my landlady.

here are the top 7 things I observed

1) HOLD YOUR GATE FEE

you be surprised what gate fee am I talking about, are you entering a concert that wizkid and davido are performing artists with ladies twerking, no bro..it's a cell filled with lowlife criminals of different crimes.. hardened criminals..as soon as they see a fresh person about to be put inside cell.. THEY ALWAYS EXPECT YOU TO COME IN WITH MONEY. because for them survival is what they all about..and to survive they need food daily, because many of them have been abandoned there with no body coming to bail them out.

I was forced to pay #500

2) COUNTER OR INSIDE CELL YOUR POCKETS DECIDE

can you believe I was told by one slim female police clerk, that if I was to stay in the counter till day brake I have to pay #1500.
it wasn't new to me, I had only 500naira and some change left after the barbecue purchase..I pleaded with her to take it but it fell on deaf ears..some guys that came with me quickly sorted them self out and they were told to pull their bosers and sit in chair at the corner...while the rest of us who couldn't afford was taken inside cell.

3) BAil is not free

Why was I arrested? They saw me with the barbecue and banana I bought on my way home, but they still took me to the station because I had a Tatoe like who does that?.in a civilse county...I told them I was into music during my teen days, even til now, I still get called for features and mentoring.. but this police they Just didn't care to hear from me at that time....I knew they took me as a meal ticket.mthey said am a bad boy because I have a Tatoes.

4) YOUR SOCIETAL STATUS DOSENT MATTER INSIDE A NIGERIA POLICE CELL

Those hardened criminals don't care if you own 3 venzas or benz...range rover. Or if you've build an estate or operate in real estate. They just need you to maintain and follow the laid out rules.... they don't care if your a big man or not...INFACT THE MORE AJEBOYISH YOU LOOK, the weak they sense you to be. so you have to be focus, shine your eyes and behave like them.. or try to.

They say when In romans behave like the romans.

5) SENIORITY DEPENDS ON THE STRONGEST

Yes in a Nigerian cell, it doesn't matter who first came, but who is perceived as the strongest.... but the person who has been there for a week has a higher advantage than someone who just came that paid gate fee to get a place to lie down with the smell of piss and shît besides him. Why? Because no how you came in and meet 5 guys inside..those guys has already bonded since morning...gisting... telling stories and the rest. So that just came need to use your head...if not those guys will change it instantly towards you.

6) YOUR FOOD IS OUR FOOD

I DON'T think I have to explain this, is self explanatory...the cell member's has its own governing Bodies from PRESIDO TO DIFFERENT POST. so if your bail was delayed, and your people brings food for you. The right thing to do is call them to join you.. you can't just eat it Alone.
It's never done that way on my 2 experience.

7) EARLY MORNING SINGING DEVOTION

ON my 2 experience, 5am everyone is expected to wake and the morning devotion starts between all the cells in the police station trust me if it's 4 cells...the 4 cells will coordinate the morning devotins together singing praises and worship to God almighty for life...then the presido leads them in prayer.

Note: this is not to discredit the nigeria police system but for we all to come together and share and relate With our different experiences in life thanks grin

The way they are hardened criminals so are they innocent people who are Just arrested unjustly..

shocked Crazy things are happening
Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Revolva(m): 8:49am On Feb 20, 2022
na cell u go bro not real jail......
Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by Kwunume: 9:22am On Feb 20, 2022
The only time i was arrested I told them I was a lawyer they did not believe me, i just noted when I was arrested and at the station i started writing my statement and when they saw what I wrote they tore it and asked me to go.

2 Likes

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by thinkmoney(m): 10:29am On Feb 20, 2022
Pascopele:
it's not a function of your English speaking ability, infact, speaking English infuriates them (Nigeria Police).
. No friend, I have had many experiences with them do. Maybe it's not about the English alone, but if you express urself with some discernible air of confidence, they sense it and treat u accordingly.
They will be careful not to overdo as it were as they won't know who u are really
Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by thinkmoney(m): 10:36am On Feb 20, 2022
KiNg0G:
yes your right, my English isn't really that good.but you understood me right? So all the people that are taken to the stations unjustly their english isn't that good? Or those doing time in jails dont know how to speak English when they were caught..
What a disgusting slowpoke you are, you should be ashamed of your reasoning. It shows your brain is not using it's full potentials.
Coming at me this way validates what I have thought about your intelligence. I said those things based on observable realities. I didn't insult you, I was just stating the fact about about my observation on how they respond to people that speak good English confidently.
Sorry. U hear
Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by KiNg0G: 11:19am On Feb 20, 2022
thinkmoney:

Coming at me this way validates what I have thought about your intelligence. I said those things based on observable realities. I didn't insult you, I was just stating the fact about about my observation on how they respond to people that speak good English confidently.
Sorry. U hear
you didn't insult me, buh you assumed I was arrested because I didn't speak "good" English with them.
don't you see how dumb u are?
police man spoke pidgin to me, I should start blowing big big grammer's because I want to prove a point.

fûcking lowlife illiterate coming here to form professor in english.

how confident do you think you are? have you seen men with balls?
all this kids thinks life is the same like their mamas kitchen.

1 Like

Re: What I Learned In A Nigerian Police Cell by easynett(m): 11:30am On Feb 20, 2022
Police in Nigeria are thieves and no friends at all.

6am, last week Sunday, I have to pay 5,000naira cash to bail my wife because she was arrested for nothing by 11pm Saturday night. She just closed from her shop and was coming home.

The next thing is police man on a bike forced her to enter their Danfo.

The Danfo was already full and guys had to lap themselves

5k gone on a Sunday morning.

maak400:
Police no be your friend o

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Edward Amaechi: A Lady In Germany Looking For Her Father / Help !! Missing Child (photo) / Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.