Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,048 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? (30433 Views)

Why Do Your Friends Ignore You When They Finally Travel Out Of The Country? / First-time Trip To UK With UK Passport: Please Advise! / Countries Your Nigerian Passport Can Get You Into Visa-free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by uptownemmygee(m): 5:55pm On Feb 22, 2022
Nigeria nah better country wey you need hm passport,
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by nijanigga: 5:56pm On Feb 22, 2022
This story get k leg ,can mail international passport internationally?
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by basty: 5:56pm On Feb 22, 2022
A very good.question
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Abedab: 5:57pm On Feb 22, 2022
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 22, 2022
Trajan:
Hello Nlers,

So, my 7 year old child recently had his British passport mailed to him in Nigeria. He now has a flight to UK coming up.

My question is, will he be allowed to board as he doesn't possess a Nigerian passport? Please, note that I paid the airline for chaperone service.
I would really appreciate answers from immigration guys or frequent travellers.

Thanks all.

Technically yes, but this is Nigeria, they may give him problems for not having an entry visa on his passport, then he then has to start to explain how he is possession of a Uk passport issued in London with no entry visa and you know how Nigerians are!! it's not illegal to post a passport but we are talking about Nigerian Immigration here.

Then again they may not give him problems because he is a kid. But technically speaking they have no reason to deny him, it is not illegal to post a passport. However they may say that since he is presenting a foreign passport (without a secondary Nigerian passport) he is presenting himself to immigration as a foreigner (which by the letter of the law is correct) and therefore should have a visa on his passport.

12 Likes

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by CaseSensitive(m): 5:58pm On Feb 22, 2022
Trajan:
Hello Nlers,

So, my 7 year old child recently had his British passport mailed to him in Nigeria. He now has a flight to UK coming up.

My question is, will he be allowed to board as he doesn't possess a Nigerian passport? Please, note that I paid the airline for chaperone service.

Thanks all.

He necessarily don't have to hold a Nigerian passport to travel out of Nigeria, as long as the passport is legit and his end destination is the country which he also hold a citizenship of. But travelling back to Nigeria obviously will require either a Nigerian visa stamped on his UK passport or you get him a Nigerian passport for that purpose.

My advise would be to get the Nigerian passport before he leaves the country because getting a Nigerian passport in London is a whole different kind of sport, especially if like me, you live outside London.

1 Like

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by miladelly: 5:58pm On Feb 22, 2022
He is good to go since he is British and he has his British Passport with him.

Ideally, when travelling to UK or any other western country you don't need to show your Nigeria passport WHEN you hold a Passport proving you are a nationality of that country.

But make sure you have his Birth Certificate handy...

He only needs his Nigeria Passport or Nigerian Visa inside his British Passport when he is coming to Nigeria.

Hmmmmm I will advise you quickly get his Nigeria passport for him before he leaves otherwise getting Nigerian Passport in UK can be daunting.

The way I have just explained to you is what is applicable to my children who holds Irish Passport.

Trajan:
Hello Nlers,

Thanks all.

2 Likes

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by BriggsBryan: 6:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
As a British citizen, he will be allowed into British Territory with or without second citizenship (Passport). By law, it is categorised as his home land. Therefore, he share the same right as any other British Citizen.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by EgunMogaji2: 6:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
A Nigerian citizen needs a Nigerian passport to exit Nigeria.

As this is Nigeria anything goes. Have cash available for vigorous hand lubrication.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by lexy2014: 6:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
Trajan:
Hello Nlers,

Thanks all.

Why don't you ask the airline you say u bought ticket from?

1 Like

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by chino4(m): 6:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
He would encounter immigration issues best u get him a Nigerian passport also since u both are in Nigeria .
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by otipoju(m): 6:00pm On Feb 22, 2022
frozen70:

What stopped you from processing Nigeria passport for him while processing the UK passport

He is a dual citizen and supposed to have a Nigeria passport

Well, in the absence of that, be ready to get VISA for him in that UK passport anytime he is coming to Nigeria

He can still get a nigerian passport for the child right there in the UK at the Nigerian embassy.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Canih28: 6:01pm On Feb 22, 2022
g
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by einsteine(m): 6:01pm On Feb 22, 2022
show off.

see the question this one is asking. Instead of you to say you want to let us know your child is a British citizen.

You are asking if he can go to the UK while having a British passport? Ask yourself if that question makes sense at all. Is it not a no-brainer? Must be a slow news day for the mods to put this nonsense on the front page.

2 Likes

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Goldbw122(m): 6:02pm On Feb 22, 2022
monfizzy:
Nigeria passport is only relevant when travelling to Nigeria. From Nigeria to abroad it’s immaterial regardless of age. I’ve never used my Nigerian passport when returning to Britain but just the U.K. passport and same is true for my niece who’s 12 and has been to Nigeria a few times now
That means Nigeria passport is useless
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by JendoJendo: 6:03pm On Feb 22, 2022
Yes a Nigerian Passport is required, I have to get one for my daughter last year, I got a Canadian Passport for my daughter from the Canadian High Commission in Lagos, and was told we need the Nigerian Passport to travel out of Nigeria as the Canadian Passport does not have a Nigerian Visa. It was a virgin passport.

2 Likes

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by martinmiller: 6:03pm On Feb 22, 2022
Why contradicting your own self, my 10 yr old flew to Canada without stress when he had not the Nigerian pali but when coming to Nigeria he takes Nigeria visa on thesame Pali.

I am not saying nija Pali is useless, infact it is okay to have dual Pali but either way in your own case don't budge, he will fly and be delivered to UK .. just be nice to the immigration officer and instant they will be your friends and ask you how is the family ?.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Talawaka: 6:03pm On Feb 22, 2022
Trajan:
Hello Nlers,

Thanks all.

How did he get to Nigeria in the first place?
I am asking because he would have had a previous (British) passport stamped on arrival, if he was born abroad.
If it is the case that he was born in Nigeria and has never previously travelled out, I don't see a problem with him using his British passport.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 6:06pm On Feb 22, 2022
Trajan:
Hello Nlers,

Thanks all.
yes I dnt see anything wrong with this
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by staaari: 6:07pm On Feb 22, 2022
be very alert.

The question is how did he came to Nigeria?

The British passport has no Nigerian visa.

He may have issues to leave the country.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Elidrisy20: 6:12pm On Feb 22, 2022
Why not
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Lexusgs430: 6:13pm On Feb 22, 2022
Trajan:
Hello Nlers,

Thanks all.

YES ......
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by justi4jesu(f): 6:16pm On Feb 22, 2022
chatinent:
If the matter concern iyana paja to orile, call me.

My hand don commot.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Burgerlomo: 6:16pm On Feb 22, 2022
chatinent:
If the matter concern iyana paja to orile, call me.

My hand don commot.

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by AngelicBeing: 6:18pm On Feb 22, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
A Nigerian citizen needs a Nigerian passport to exit Nigeria.

As this is Nigeria anything goes. Have cash available for vigorous hand lubrication.
Egunmogaji the Aare onakakanfo of Ibadan kingdom has spoken and Nairaland.com have to listen, lol at cash for LUBRICATION, You are absolutely right with your comments, Nigeria immigration officials and the entire coven of criminals at Nigeria airports are like suya and onions, they are siamese twins when it comes to corruption shocked

1 Like

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Kaiser20: 6:18pm On Feb 22, 2022
Trajan:
Hello Nlers,

Thanks all.
From your post i hope they didn't mail from British Oluwole office in Lagos.
How come you didn't ask them that?
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by tempex88(m): 6:19pm On Feb 22, 2022
Try collect Nigerian passport before you commot so you don't need visa coming back
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 22, 2022
miladelly:
He is good to go since he is British and he has his British Passport with him.

Ideally, when travelling to UK or any other western country you don't need to show your Nigeria passport WHEN you hold a Passport proving you are a nationality of that country.

But make sure you have his Birth Certificate handy...

He only needs his Nigeria Passport or Nigerian Visa inside his British Passport when he is coming to Nigeria.

Hmmmmm I will advise you quickly get his Nigeria passport for him before he leaves otherwise getting Nigerian Passport in UK can be daunting.

The way I have just explained to you is what is applicable to my children who holds Irish Passport.

You clearly have never travelled before or do not have dual nationality!!! You show your Nigerian passport, you WILL be asked for it especially if you do not have a Nigerian visa on your foreign passport! then you show your foreign passport as proof you have a right to enter your destination country. The only time you are not required to show your Nigerian passport is if you have a Nigerian visa on your foreign passport!!!

2 Likes

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by chukbonda(m): 6:22pm On Feb 22, 2022
How did he get to Nigeria?
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Alex4555(m): 6:22pm On Feb 22, 2022
BigManPeter:
FREE materials to help you get started in affiliate marketing on my siggy.
If an extra 50k weekly online is not too small for you, kindly rush and get the materials now

Na so I'ma go talk now if we enter finish u will be hearing you gotto pay 10k for this 15k for that
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by babwilms(m): 6:23pm On Feb 22, 2022
He needs a Nigerian passport. Talking from experience. They will ask you how did the Child enter Naija, irrespective of the situation.

Just get the child a Naija passport.

My own situation was that my Naija passport that i had applied for, b4 my travel back due date was not ready, due to non availability of booklet.

Showed them my British passport and they asked me how I take enter the country. I explained to them and they said no. Showed them receipt, lai lai.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

29 African Migrants Trying To Cross To Italy Die As Boat Sinks In Tunisia / Major Cities Of The World: {pictures} / UAE Stops International Airlines From Boarding Nigerian Passengers To Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.