Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,353 members, 7,812,004 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? (30432 Views)

Why Do Your Friends Ignore You When They Finally Travel Out Of The Country? / First-time Trip To UK With UK Passport: Please Advise! / Countries Your Nigerian Passport Can Get You Into Visa-free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Larrykaysail(m): 11:09pm On Feb 22, 2022
Trajan:
Hello Nlers,

So, my 7 year old child recently had his British passport mailed to him in Nigeria. He now has a flight to UK coming up.

My question is, will he be allowed to board as he doesn't possess a Nigerian passport? Please, note that I paid the airline for chaperone service.
I would really appreciate answers from immigration guys or frequent travellers.

Thanks all.
yes he can travel to his country , he will only need Nigeria passport to come to naija , and you can as well apply for Nigerian visa on arrival ,

Good luck
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by sunboy(m): 11:36pm On Feb 22, 2022
frozen70:

What stopped you from processing Nigeria passport for him while processing the UK passport

He is a dual citizen and supposed to have a Nigeria passport

Well, in the absence of that, be ready to get VISA for him in that UK passport anytime he is coming to Nigeria

Not that hard, they can always apply for a Nigerian passport in the UK too.

@OP; yes he can travel without any immigration issues. He’s leaving Nigeria, should have any reason to present anything. Going back to Nigeria will require a visa or the Nigerian passport.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Bassa1: 12:02am On Feb 23, 2022
I can work this out for u, I work at the airport. U can reach me on 07034223881
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by litaninja(m): 1:04am On Feb 23, 2022
How did he get to Nigeria?
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by halfcurrent(m): 1:57am On Feb 23, 2022
CowbellY:

Yes. As long as the passport is genuine. You only need a Nigerian passport if you’re coming back to Nigeria.

Correct.
Or a Nigeria VISA
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by jnizzle(m): 3:39am On Feb 23, 2022
Ishilove:

Why do you need a visa to return to a country you are a citizen of?
he doesn't have a nigerian passport, hence the need for a visa on his UK passport
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by lesson44: 5:34am On Feb 23, 2022
quote author=frozen70 post=110452520]

What stopped you from processing Nigeria passport for him while processing the UK passport

Well, in the absence of that, be ready to get VISA for him in that UK passport anytime he is coming to Nigeria [/quote]

Nigeria Passport is optional. They don’t have to apply for it especially if the child is not coming back to Nigeria is the next 5yrs. Who want to pay for a passport they may never use?
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by cugardmalino: 6:47am On Feb 23, 2022
Trajan:
Hello Nlers,

So, my 7 year old child recently had his British passport mailed to him in Nigeria. He now has a flight to UK coming up.

My question is, will he be allowed to board as he doesn't possess a Nigerian passport? Please, note that I paid the airline for chaperone service.

Thanks all.
Why Nigerians too like wahala before anything? Oga you’re in Nigeria and you’re asking this kinda question? What stops you from getting a Nigerian passport to avoid all this future drama.

1 Like

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by cosade(m): 7:14am On Feb 23, 2022
sunboy:

Not that hard, they can always apply for a Nigerian passport in the UK too.

@OP; yes he can travel without any immigration issues. He’s leaving Nigeria, should have any reason to present anything. Going back to Nigeria will require a visa or the Nigerian passport.

@OP: Your son needs Nigerian passport, if not he’ll have immigration issues at the airport. It’s the Nigerian passport that would be used to get out of Nigeria and the British passport to get into UK. Whoever has dual nationalities must travel with both countries’ passports else he must have the visa of the country he doesn’t have the passport.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Davedavy: 7:19am On Feb 23, 2022
Trajan:
Hello Nlers,

Thanks all.

If you can, get him a Nigerian passport. Anytime I am travelling out of Naija, they always ask me for my naija pali whenever i show them my foreign passport first.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by frozen70(f): 7:22am On Feb 23, 2022
lesson44:
quote author=frozen70 post=110452520]

Well, in the absence of that, be ready to get VISA for him in that UK passport anytime he is coming to Nigeria

Nigeria Passport is optional. They don’t have to apply for it especially if the child is not coming back to Nigeria is the next 5yrs. Who want to pay for a passport they may never use?

Your last paragraph was a wrong statement

Put me to debate about dual citizenship and the documents associated with such a person, I will defeat you

What do you really know about obtaining a passport and the benefits of having both nationality documents

2 Likes

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Davedavy: 7:22am On Feb 23, 2022
CowbellY:

Yes. As long as the passport is genuine. You only need a Nigerian passport if you’re coming back to Nigeria.

You should have a document that shows you legally entered the country you are departing from as well
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:25am On Feb 23, 2022
chatinent:
If the matter concern iyana paja to orile, call me.

My hand don commot.

[img]https://c./AlrUVwjmtDQAAAAC/yikes-running.gif[/img]
grin grin
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by waice6571: 7:29am On Feb 23, 2022
CowbellY:

A Brit traveling to Nigeria does not need Nigerian passport to travel back to his home country.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by frozen70(f): 7:55am On Feb 23, 2022
gistmega:
My wife has been waiting for this said Nigerian passport for over 7 months. Where is the passport in question?
You have to

That's too long a time, your wife can go there and make a complain about that, probably she has a NIN issue yet to be resolved
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by frozen70(f): 7:56am On Feb 23, 2022
dialfa:

It's easier to get visa than to get nigerian passport.

I don't think so, but that won't stop you from processing it
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by frozen70(f): 7:57am On Feb 23, 2022
deepwater:

you facts are based on assumptions.
who told u the kid is also a nIGERIAn?

So far one or both parents are Nigerian
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by frozen70(f): 7:58am On Feb 23, 2022
otipoju:

He can still get a nigerian passport for the child right there in the UK at the Nigerian embassy.

Yes
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by frozen70(f): 7:58am On Feb 23, 2022
seyz91:
You said it all

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Piyke: 8:00am On Feb 23, 2022
Trajan:
Hello Nlers,

Thanks all.

Nigerian passport will be required to show evidence of how he entered the country, especially since the British passport does not have a Nigerian visa. Better to get a Naija passport. It's quite quick if you go for express.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by HERITAGEFASHION(m): 8:01am On Feb 23, 2022
Nigerian Passport is irrelevant when going to the UK(as you have the UK Passport).

But while coming back to Nigeria it's either you get it or you get a genuine Nigerian Visa there.
But i will Advice you apply for Nigerian Passport Here (i advice you pay for express while applying) at once to avoid some certain inconveniences while coming back (As Nigerian travel policies for visa to Foreigners are quite unstable and stressing)
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by doe: 8:29am On Feb 23, 2022
Immigration will ask how he got into the country. But it is never an issue. If ihe was an adult, I will say they will play games and expect gift. But they won't stress for a 7 year old.

But British Airways ony allow 14 years and above for unaccompanied minor. Virgin suspended 5-11 year old last year. Indirect flight for a minor be as e get.

Don't forget extra documentation may be required assuming he is your son and you are not engaging in people smuggling!
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by wamide042(m): 8:39am On Feb 23, 2022
Wow…. So after going thru all the passport and Visa processes for your child it didn’t occur to you to ask them at the Visa or Passport office you now bring it here on Nland.. nawa for you oo and besides i came across something like this on Twitter.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Enyimbamercedes: 9:04am On Feb 23, 2022
PoliteActivist:

They won't stamp that passport without bribe. Guaranteed

100%! They’ll demand to see a Nigerian passport as evidence that he isn’t an alien or a CERPAC card. Unfortunately he isn’t traveling with his parents who may show their Nigerian passports to prove he is Nigerian so it will be tough… and he will have to bribe.
They should just get him a Nigerian passport to reduce his stress
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by TJ0987(f): 9:26am On Feb 23, 2022
He would be denied departure. Number 1. There is no valid Nigerian visa inside his foreign passport, he will therefore be treated as a foreigner who came into the country illegally with no genuine documents of stay in Nigeria. He will likely be asked to get a valid Nigerian Visa on the foreign passport to validate his stay in Nigeria.
Of course, if he had a valid Nigerian passport, the foreign(British) passport will act as his visa, to show that he is a Nigerian who is legally travelling out of the country.
My point is that he needs both passports for exit, or should go and get a Nigerian visa in the foreign passport, which can be done at the airport's visa office.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by CowbellY: 10:08am On Feb 23, 2022
waice6571:

A Brit traveling to Nigeria does not need Nigerian passport to travel back to his home country.

You need a visa or a passport, or an emergency travel certificate at most.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by miladelly: 10:38am On Feb 23, 2022
I just hold the Birth Certificate should incase I am asked especially when they were babies & had baby pictures on their Irish passports.

But now they are all adults with my eldest been 21, they travel on their own and no longer required to hold a BC.

Your son is 7 years and because he is under 16years, just always have his BC handy.

[quote author=Trajan post=110456647][/quote]
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by gforce5: 11:39am On Feb 23, 2022
Nothing else to be said. OP should have processed his son's Nigerian Passport while he was waiting for the lad's British passport to come through. The child is a dual citizen and is entitled to hold two passports. Use the British passport to fly out of Nigeria and Nigerian passport to visit or come back to Nigeria. In this day and age, one should never limit his/her options.
frozen70:

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Exceed15: 12:00pm On Feb 23, 2022
Get him Nigerian passport too.. simple
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by PoliteActivist: 12:20pm On Feb 23, 2022
mykel25:

He has the right to go to his country and he can’t be held back….. their might be questions of how he got into the country… if you have a document to show his last entrance into Nigeria it will be fine (which they normally do not ask)…. But with experience… all you need to show is your eligibility to enter the UK which he has

Not true. Talk from EXPERIENCE not what you think should be right.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by frozen70(f): 1:27pm On Feb 23, 2022
gforce5:
Nothing else to be said. OP should have processed his son's Nigerian Passport while he was waiting for the lad's British passport to come through. The child is a dual citizen and is entitled to hold two passports. Use the British passport to fly out of Nigeria and Nigerian passport to visit or come back to Nigeria. In this day and age, one should never limit his/her options.

Honestly ❗
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by saudi95: 1:49pm On Feb 23, 2022
The simple arithmetic is, the child need a Nigerian passport to leave Nigeria and landed in his destination with a British passport.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Indian Policemen "Harass" Nigerian Man, Sparks A Riot (Picture, Video) / 29 African Migrants Trying To Cross To Italy Die As Boat Sinks In Tunisia / Major Cities Of The World: {pictures}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.