Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? (30430 Views)

Why Do Your Friends Ignore You When They Finally Travel Out Of The Country? / First-time Trip To UK With UK Passport: Please Advise! / Countries Your Nigerian Passport Can Get You Into Visa-free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by gistmega: 1:59pm On Feb 23, 2022
frozen70:

That's too long a time, your wife can go there and make a complain about that, probably she has a NIN issue yet to be resolved
We have gone to the embassy multiple times and the rude people working there have been generously insulting us with their gorilla-smeared faces and utterances. Funny fact is that my wife has been registered on the NIN and I haven't but they released my passport and keep telling us that the landlord in Abuja has not sent it over. They are equally expecting that of others to show up. So, as it stands right now my wife is not only upset but frustrated. I just wish one could buy a Benin Republic passport. If I could I would. Just someone not requiring visa so as to see the pops and moms whenever without hassle.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by sunboy(m): 2:59pm On Feb 23, 2022
cosade:

@OP: Your son needs Nigerian passport, if not he’ll have immigration issues at the airport. It’s the Nigerian passport that would be used to get out of Nigeria and the British passport to get into UK. Whoever has dual nationalities must travel with both countries’ passports else he must have the visa of the country he doesn’t have the passport.

First you don’t need to quote me cos I’m not the OP.
2nd, I’ve never been in any country where upon leaving the country I had to pass through their immigration system again, never seen one country that requires that. Unless this is a Nigeria specific thing though, a Nigerian immigration officer could help shed light on this or call the airline for clarifications.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by cosade(m): 5:59pm On Feb 23, 2022
sunboy:

First you don’t need to quote me cos I’m not the OP.
2nd, I’ve never been in any country where upon leaving the country I had to pass through their immigration system again, never seen one country that requires that. Unless this is a Nigeria specific thing though, a Nigerian immigration officer could help shed light on this or call the airline for clarifications.

I quoted you because I responded to your tagged post.

There is no country you leave that you don’t do immigration either directly or indirectly. Directly in countries that stamp passports on exiting the country, and indirectly for countries that do not stamp passports which is usually done at check-in.

1 Like

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by sunboy(m): 12:33am On Feb 24, 2022
cosade:

I quoted you because I responded to your tagged post.

There is no country you leave that you don’t do immigration either directly or indirectly. Directly in countries that stamp passports on exiting the country, and indirectly for countries that do not stamp passports which is usually done at check-in.

When leaving a country? Nah, only airline checks for the where you’re headed to. What country have you experienced this? I can learn from that.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by PoliteActivist: 1:03am On Feb 24, 2022
Enyimbamercedes:

100%! They’ll demand to see a Nigerian passport as evidence that he isn’t an alien or a CERPAC card. Unfortunately he isn’t traveling with his parents who may show their Nigerian passports to prove he is Nigerian so it will be tough… and he will have to bribe.
They should just get him a Nigerian passport to reduce his stress

Not quite. If you have a passport with no entry visa, then you need an exit visa to leave a country. In Nigeria you can resolve it at the airport with a small bribe. Just discretely bribe the person routinely stamping the passports - he is the only one who can see you don't have a visa. Once your passport is stamped nothing can stop your boarding
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by cosade(m): 7:35am On Feb 24, 2022
sunboy:

When leaving a country? Nah, only airline checks for the where you’re headed to. What country have you experienced this? I can learn from that.

Any traveler entering or leaving a country through border checkpoint (by air, land or sea) go through immigration, either directly or indirectly.

There is no controversy about travelers entering a country but the issue is about those exiting a country.

For countries that stamps passports on exiting, that point is the immigration point and is a direct one. Countries in this category, pay particular attention to the validity of the traveler’s stay, check that the person is not on INTERPOL wanted lists, among other things. Those that overstayed their visas are fined in some countries while some like UAE, detain such people for legal actions.

For countries that do not stamp passports on leaving, when you checked-in either online or at the counter, the traveler’s information are shared electronically with the border police. Most countries in this category, like USA and UK are concerned more about security (watching out for people on wanted lists etc.) and obtaining data for statistics, inter alia.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by mercysamuelson(m): 1:08pm On Feb 24, 2022
Your 7 years old kid is free to travel with the British passport. Just visit the UK embassy here in Nigeria to apply and obtain visa. No problem at all. Just be sure that the passport is very genuine...
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by miladelly: 12:08pm On Feb 26, 2022
Thank you Sir or Ma for this line in your statement....

"You clearly have never travelled before or do not have dual nationality!!!"

Cheers.

perambulator:

You clearly have never travelled before or do not have dual nationality!!! You show your Nigerian passport, you WILL be asked for it especially if you do not have a Nigerian visa on your foreign passport! then you show your foreign passport as proof you have a right to enter your destination country. The only time you are not required to show your Nigerian passport is if you have a Nigerian visa on your foreign passport!!!

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by mykel25(m): 9:22am On Mar 04, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Not true. Talk from EXPERIENCE not what you think should be right.

I have both passports so I know for sure.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by PoliteActivist: 2:54pm On Mar 04, 2022
mykel25:

I have both passports so I know for sure.

Question is, how many times have you flown abroad with only foreign passport that has no proof of how you entered - no visa or entry stamp, and without Nigerian passport??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria To Place UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia On COVID-19 Red List - SaharaReporters / Indian Policemen "Harass" Nigerian Man, Sparks A Riot (Picture, Video) / 29 African Migrants Trying To Cross To Italy Die As Boat Sinks In Tunisia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.