Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,897 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? (30426 Views)

Why Do Your Friends Ignore You When They Finally Travel Out Of The Country? / First-time Trip To UK With UK Passport: Please Advise! / Countries Your Nigerian Passport Can Get You Into Visa-free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Dmacqh(m): 7:01pm On Feb 22, 2022
Since this doesn’t involve from Owerri - Okigwe , I’ve removed my hand .
All I care now is how I can secure the least 3k and buy drugs and food . Man has been sick for a week and living on Gods grace and paracetamol and garri . To go lab is war, no money.
This world truly isn’t balanced . 7 years living the dreams of 97.5% of 17-40 years old in Nigeria. I’m here looking for urgent 3k to feed .
God when please run this for me , if I’m the one I would have run it for You .
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Talawaka: 7:04pm On Feb 22, 2022
jrusky:
Hello are you a resident in UK? I mean what document do you have in UK?

He is 7 year pls say the truth so we can help you.

If you have no residence I mean UK stay sorry there is no way your 7 years old will get British passport and he stays I Nigeria.

Anymore question direct it to me I will answer you.

Your statement showed you are not resident in UK nor possesses british "Stay" holder neither a British citizen so how did your/)7 years old got the passport? because if you belong to any of the category I mentioned NL is not the right place to ask for such advice.

Why subject @OP to the Spanish inquisition nah? Nah fight?
How does his statement show he is not resident in the UK?
How do you know he (the father) is not a British citizen, who has simply decided to transfer the same rights to his child born in Nigeria?
Do you want me to start outlining other permutations you have not considered?

1 Like

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by damiloladuke: 7:09pm On Feb 22, 2022
CowbellY:

Yes. As long as the passport is genuine. You only need a Nigerian passport if you’re coming back to Nigeria.

Not sure he needs a Nigerian passport for anything once he has a British passport
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by sokera: 7:10pm On Feb 22, 2022
I think he needs a form of national ID to show he is Nigerian . Go to any immigration office close to you to confirm this , as simple as it sound it is very technical … go to immigration office to confirm if you will need Nigeria passport or any form of ID for him …
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by onikoyikosoko: 7:10pm On Feb 22, 2022
Trajan:
Hello Nlers,

So, my 7 year old child recently had his British passport mailed to him in Nigeria. He now has a flight to UK coming up.

My question is, will he be allowed to board as he doesn't possess a Nigerian passport? Please, note that I paid the airline for chaperone service.
I would really appreciate answers from immigration guys or frequent travellers.

Thanks all.

Why not? He is a British citizen na.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Talawaka: 7:11pm On Feb 22, 2022
damiloladuke:

Not sure he needs a Nigerian passport for anything once he has a British passport

Erm...a British passport will not get him an ordinary SIM card these days grin
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by nextstep(m): 7:12pm On Feb 22, 2022
Trajan:
Hello Nlers,

So, my 7 year old child recently had his British passport mailed to him in Nigeria. He now has a flight to UK coming up.

My question is, will he be allowed to board as he doesn't possess a Nigerian passport? Please, note that I paid the airline for chaperone service.

Thanks all.

How do you plan for your child to get re-admitted into Nigeria without a Nigerian passport? (I'm assuming it's a round trip). Technically he would need a visitors visa to be admitted into Nigeria with his UK passport. Since he's a minor, there's going to be complications around parental accent to travel, etc.

Please secure a Nigerian passport so you don't leave the trip up to the discretion of an immigration officer.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Talawaka: 7:13pm On Feb 22, 2022
nextstep:

How do you plan for your child to get re-admitted into Nigeria without a Nigerian passport? (I'm assuming it's a round trip)

He can always apply for a Nigerian visa in the UK if it is for a temporary visit.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Feb 22, 2022
Talawaka:

How do you know he (the father) is not a British citizen, who has simply decided to transfer the same rights to his child born in Nigeria?

LOL you dont transfer citizenship rights. The child is is either a British Citizen by birth or he isnt. I also believe they changed the law some time ago such that a child born outside the Uk to a British father is not automatically British, however if the mother is British the child is automatically British. I think it applies if the \British father is not legally married to the mother. cant remmember but. You are no longer automatically British simply because your father is British, you now have to satisfy other conditions.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by FireUpNow(m): 7:14pm On Feb 22, 2022
Express japa no story provided his British Pali is genuine
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by gistmega: 7:15pm On Feb 22, 2022
My wife has been waiting for this said Nigerian passport for over 7 months. Where is the passport in question?
You have to
frozen70:

What stopped you from processing Nigeria passport for him while processing the UK passport

He is a dual citizen and supposed to have a Nigeria passport

Well, in the absence of that, be ready to get VISA for him in that UK passport anytime he is coming to Nigeria
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by jrusky(m): 7:17pm On Feb 22, 2022
Talawaka:

Pls outline those permutation then send to Priti Patel then you will know all those moonlight story ain't worth it.

Yea if he or she resident in UK then here(NL) is not the right place for what he r she is asking for because he or she should have know better.

In addition to this if even the father of the child is a british citizen she should have stated it and the father being british Nigeria, here(NL) is not the right place for such advice orelse its all fake stunt.

Even if the father of the child is British the british home office can never post passport to Nigeria. FACT!!!

Pls don't let us go too far in this I'm a well travelled person not just travel I hold dual nationality myself so I know what I'm saying Mr.

No permutation anywhere fact is fact if you know who Priti Patel is you won't be talking all these parables.

Pls there are lots of travellers in the house so be careful of throwing fake stunt here as er travelling or get bursted ASAP.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Talawaka: 7:20pm On Feb 22, 2022
perambulator:

LOL you dont transfer citizenship rights. The child is is either a British Citizen by birth or he isnt. I also believe they changed the law some time ago such that a child born outside the Uk to a British father is not automatically British, however if the mother is British the child is automatically British. I think it applies if the \British father is not legally married to the mother. cant remmember but. You are no longer automatically British simply because your father is British, you now have to satisfy other conditions.

Erm,...why don't you limit your comments to what you know...

The purpose of this leaflet is to explain how parents who are British citizens can
pass their citizenship on to their children born outside the United Kingdom on or
after 1 January 1983.

Definitions
(a) The “United Kingdom” means England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland,
the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.

(b) The “British Overseas Territories” are:

Anguilla, Bermuda, British Antarctic Territory, British Indian Ocean Territory, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Montserrat,
Pitcairn, Henderson, Ducie and Oeno Islands, St. Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, the
Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia, Turks and Caicos Islands, and Virgin Islands.

(c) Reference to “qualifying territories” mean the British overseas territories other than the Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia.
(d) “Parent” means:
Children born before 1 July 2006
• the mother (but note that women were not able to pass on citizenship to their children before 1 January 1983).
• the father - but only if he was married to the mother.
If the parents were not married when the child was born, but then get married, the marriage might “legitimate” the child’s birth. If it does, the
child would be regarded as having been a British citizen from birth if the father was a British citizen when the child was born.
Children of a void marriage may also, in some circumstances, be treated as if their parents were married.
Children who were born before 1 July 2006 and who did not become British citizens because their parents were not married may be able to
register as a British citizen – see section 7.

Children born on or after 1 July 2006
 the mother is the woman who gives birth to the child
 the father is a man who:
a. is married to the mother at the time of the birth; or
b. is treated as the father under section 28 of the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act 1990 or section 35 or 36 of the Human
Fertilisation and Embryology Act 2008; or
c. (if neither (a) nor (b) apply) can satisfy the prescribed requirement as regards proof of paternity. This means r being able to satisfy the
Secretary of State that he is the father of the child, by provision of evidence including DNA test results, a court order or birth
certificate.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/461318/children_born_outside_the_uk_sept_2015.pdf
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Talawaka: 7:22pm On Feb 22, 2022
jrusky:

Pls outline those permutation then send to Priti Patel then you will know all those moonlight story ain't worth it.

Yea if he or she resident in UK then here(NL) is not the right place for what he r she is asking for because he or she should have know better.

In addition to this if even the father of the child is a british citizen she should have stated it and the father being british Nigeria, here(NL) is not the right place for such advice orelse its all fake stunt.

Even if the father of the child is British the british home office can never post passport to Nigeria. FACT!!!

Pls don't let us go too far in this I'm a well travelled person not just travel I hold dual nationality myself so I know what I'm saying Mr.

No permutation anywhere fact is fact if you know who Priti Patel is you won't be talking all these parables.

Pls there are lots of travellers in the house so be careful of throwing fake stunt here as er travelling or get bursted ASAP.

There you go again making yet more gaffs, Mr dual national!

Did it occur to you the father could have applied for his son's passport in the UK and simply DHLed it to Nigeria?

Stick to what you know and stop yarning opaks, I beg. grin

Like I said, there are permutations and then more permutations.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 22, 2022
Talawaka:

Erm,...why don't you limit your comments to what you know...

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/461318/children_born_outside_the_uk_sept_2015.pdf

What I said was correct, the law was changed again in 2006. But if you were born outside the UK between 1983 and 2006, and your parents were not married, but only your father was British you were not automatically a citizen.

The law was changed again in 2006 giving citizenship to children of unmarried British fathers born outside the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-british-parent/born-between-1983-and-2006
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Talawaka: 7:24pm On Feb 22, 2022
perambulator:

What I said was correct, the law was changed again in 2006. But if you were born outside the UK between 1983 and 2006, and your parents were not married, but only your father was British you were not automatically a citizen.

The law was changed again in 2006 giving citizenship to children of unmarried British fathers born outside the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-british-parent/born-between-1983-and-2006

You made a blanket statement.
You were wrong my friend.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by jrusky(m): 7:29pm On Feb 22, 2022
Talawaka:

There you go again making yet more gaffs, Mr dual national!

Did it occur to you the father could have applied for his son's passport in the UK and simply DHLed it to Nigeria?

Stick to what you know and stop yarning opaks, I beg. grin

Like I said, there are permutations and then more permutations.

Mr will you shut up? Are you her advocate? Let her explain the whole thing herself then she will get good advice. Shut up I repeat shut up!!!

How do I have a child in Nigeria and I will employ DHL service pls? She said the passport was DL to her pls by who? Let her talk or shut up once more.

1 Like

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 22, 2022
Talawaka:

You made a blanket statement.
You were wrong my friend.

it seems you are just an argumentative fella

what part of "I also believe" and "I think" are blanket statements?

pay attention to the bolded part ok!

perambulator:

I also believe they changed the law some time ago such that a child born outside the Uk to a British father is not automatically British, however if the mother is British the child is automatically British. I think it applies if the \British father is not legally married to the mother. cant remmember but. You are no longer automatically British simply because your father is British, you now have to satisfy other conditions.

it happened to a friend (daughter denied citizenship) and that is why I even knew about it
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Talawaka: 7:31pm On Feb 22, 2022
jrusky:

Mr will you shut up? Are you her advocate? Let her explain the hole thong herself then she will get good advice. Shut up I repeat shut up!!!

How do I have a child in Nigeria ad I will employ DHL service pls? She said the passport was DL to her pls by who? Let her talk on shut up once more.

It is a 'he', Dundee-head! Clue lies in (m). cool
See what happens why you assume so much shitz about what you really know? angry
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Talawaka: 7:33pm On Feb 22, 2022
perambulator:

it seems you are just an argumentative fella

what part of "I also believe" and "I think" are blanket statements?

pay attention to the bolded part ok!

it happened to a friend (daughter denied citizenship) and that is why I even knew about it

Your original post is copied in below - own it. smiley

perambulator:

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by jrusky(m): 7:33pm On Feb 22, 2022
Talawaka:

It is a 'he', Dundee-head! Clue lies in (m). cool
See what happens why you assume so much shitz about what you really know? angry

Is he and his son passport DHL to him Imagine how silly you are. I was even thinking is she.

I guess you watched too much nollywood movie shit.

He is a man and his son British passport was DH to him?

Pls where is your senses
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Talawaka: 7:35pm On Feb 22, 2022
jrusky:

Is he and his son passport DHL to him Imagine how silly you are. I was even thinking is she.

I guess you watched too much nollywood movie shit.

How do you know the father is present in Nigeria right now?
Do you understand what chaperone means?

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by jrusky(m): 7:38pm On Feb 22, 2022
Talawaka:

How do you know the father is present in Nigeria right now?
Do you understand what chaperone means?

Case close. Let him say the truth then people with experience will advice him. Given half information make no sense.
I'm not buying those moonlight story its for the novice pls.

Good evening.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by sayhi2bammy(m): 7:39pm On Feb 22, 2022
princeemmma:
if you talking about saki to ilorin am in

but for this travel matter....... we move

Ogun o rokin grin grin
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Mrsegz: 7:39pm On Feb 22, 2022
Not an issue.
You can fly out with your Blue Passport. But he will need a Nigerian visa to come back o.
Best you get him a green passport before you leave.
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by naija4life247: 7:41pm On Feb 22, 2022
princeemmma:

Via Ogbomoso or via Oshogbo?
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Pweetiedude(m): 7:42pm On Feb 22, 2022
princeemmma:

Are you from Saki
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 22, 2022
Just wanna ask… how did your child fy to nigeria with no passport?
To the question, u dint need a nigerian passport when leaving. That how people who have both naija and uk passport dont need visa. When coming to naija u show ur naija passport and when going to uk u show ur British passport. Nobody will disturb u
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 22, 2022
Talawaka:

Your original post is copied in below - own it. smiley

own your foolishness!!!
Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by sweetlady4real(f): 7:51pm On Feb 22, 2022
grin
chatinent:
If the matter concern iyana paja to orile, call me.

My hand don commot.

[img]https://c./AlrUVwjmtDQAAAAC/yikes-running.gif[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? by shoprite: 7:55pm On Feb 22, 2022
chatinent:
If the matter concern iyana paja to orile, call me.

My hand don commot.

[img]https://c./AlrUVwjmtDQAAAAC/yikes-running.gif[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dana Air Pilot’s Last Conversations With Air Traffic Controller / Agodi Gardens! / Makurdi Hotel In October

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.