Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,793 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! (39390 Views)

Former Manchester City Sponsor Linked To Crypto Fraud Of Over £1.1billion / Crypto Fraud: EFCC Arrests Man Over N108 Million Bitcoin Investment Scam. / $5 Million Crypto Theft 20 Years Old Hacker Pleads Guilty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Goldbw122(m): 4:07pm On Feb 23, 2022
Na wa
Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Goldbw122(m): 4:09pm On Feb 23, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:
It all started last year november when my lil sis called me jubilating about how she got 90k with just 30k in just 3 weeks, i asked her how and she explianed. In her words. I met this guys some weeks ago and they talked me into crypto, at first i declined, but i finaly decided to play along with them by staking a token of 30k with them. They called me today(3 weeks later) saying that crypto market have crashed! BUT before it crashed her token was able to tripple! that had it being she invested earlier that it might even be ×10!. I was happy for her,i asked to invest again but she said that the market is down, but they will let her know when it rises.
January 10th this year they called and asked her to invest again. She wanted to invest 50k but they adviced her to invest with a big money, so should it case it the market didnt last long and it only double or tripple, there will be no problem. She called me and explained everything to me,being a novice in crypto,i just asked her to be careful. Am coming guys..
I don't understand, someone is trading the money for her, that is pure scam from the start... She should have learn crypto her self and invest by her self.. that would have been the real deal..

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 4:18pm On Feb 23, 2022
Goldbw122:

I don't understand, someone is trading the money for her, that is pure scam from the start... She should have learn crypto her self and invest by her self.. that would have been the real deal..

She was ignorant.
Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by everythinggirly(f): 4:44pm On Feb 23, 2022
Very absurd.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by money121(m): 4:45pm On Feb 23, 2022
Ok
Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by ImDStar: 4:47pm On Feb 23, 2022
You don't know something, instead of you to calm down and learn, you rather chose to wallow in ignorant.
Iyaebe:
Anything crypto and other internet ways of making money is fraudulent to me,people that make money online are mostly fraudsters or potential fraudsters.Dem plenty here for nairaland.All those boys doing crypto also know how to hack people's account and hacking is fraudulent, so all of dem dy swim for the same ocean. Crypto=Hacking=Fraud.

9 Likes

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Jaqenhghar: 4:48pm On Feb 23, 2022
Iyaebe:
Anything crypto and other internet ways of making money is fraudulent to me,people that make money online are mostly fraudsters or potential fraudsters.Dem plenty here for nairaland.All those boys doing crypto also know how to hack people's account and hacking is fraudulent, so all of dem dy swim for the same ocean. Crypto=Hacking=Fraud.
Even the legit crypto is so unstable. The thing is based on speculation.... like shares.
The first red flag you should look out for is a man telling you he can make you rich.
NO NIGGERIAN alive will ever know secrets to making money and share it except its your parents

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Theelders: 4:49pm On Feb 23, 2022
Iyaebe:

It doesn’t work that way.. cause you don’t understand it doesn’t mean it’s a scam

5 Likes

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Jaqenhghar: 4:50pm On Feb 23, 2022
ImDStar:
You don't know something, instead of you to calm down and learn, you rather chose to wallow in ignorant.
That quest for knowledge is what made someone lose 1million you are here talking shít. Thays what y'all say "calm down and learn" even after scamming people.

1 Like

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Danmboss(m): 4:50pm On Feb 23, 2022
Chaiii longer throat don deal with this one,
In her next life if someone tell her to bring her money that it will be multiplied ×3 whatsoever for rubbish investment then sh will run for her life.

1 Like

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by MufasaLion: 4:51pm On Feb 23, 2022
Iyaebe:

You're nothing but an ignorant little child. There are millions of people making money online and it's legitimate. Also, crypto ain't illegal.

Go and read for your WAEC and JAMB instead of shameless display of ignorance and childishness.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Mariangeles(f): 4:51pm On Feb 23, 2022
There are things you shouldn’t invest your money in if you can’t do it yourself.

These are some of them:
- Cryptocurrency trading.
- Games predicting and staking.
- Importation.

Them go legit GBA you! undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by foxxydude: 4:52pm On Feb 23, 2022
Sorry man
Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by jclassiq(m): 4:53pm On Feb 23, 2022
Its mistake to hand over your hard earned money to someone to help you double it or triple it. Are you not a Nigerian? Be like warren buffet; don't put money in anything you don't understand.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by socialmediaman: 4:53pm On Feb 23, 2022
**READ and LEARN**

People are very ill-informed about cryptocurrencies, forex, stocks and other high risk investments in general.

Before you invest your money anywhere, especially in high risk investments, do yourself a favor and do a lot of research. This can never be overemphasized. Learn how it works, how to safely invest, how you can potentially gain or lose, and how you can get scammed. Don't bother investing if you don't have these information. Remember, It may give you instant cash, but your ignorance will also lead you astray especially when combined with your greed.

When you finally decide to invest, Never invest how much you can't afford to lose, and never invest more than 5% max of your net worth (In saner climes like abroad, you can go 10x because the economy is more stable). This means, if they pay you 50K salary monthly, never invest more than 2.5K total in high risk investments (5%).

Your 2.5K means nothing to other people investing millions, but hey, this is your capacity and if it goes 100x after a few years, 250K is 5x your salary. But if it crashes and you lose all your money, you won't be crying and having depression. Greed is the root of many avoidable financial scams, and also one of the seven deadly sins according some religious traditions.

It's concerning that people haven't learned, even after the days of MMM.

A word is enough for the wise!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by MufasaLion: 4:53pm On Feb 23, 2022
Jaqenhghar:

That quest for knowledge is what made someone lose 1million you are here talking shít. Thays what y'all say "calm down and learn" even after scamming people.

You're ignorant and not brilliant.

There's difference between "quest for knowledge" and "greediness and ignorance."

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by komols856: 4:54pm On Feb 23, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:
She later called me and said she will be investing N1mil, so should in case the market didnt last and her investment only tripple again, this time it will be 3mil. I felt something fishy though, na so e day easy to make money, Then i thaught maybe the masses are just investing 3k,10k etc and when it tripples they wont be a huge gain. She asked me to help her with 3500k that she can only bringout 650k, but i offered her 400k she thanked and promise to buy me a ps5. Long story short, the nigas blocked her in such a way that when she calls, the service wilk report saying "the number you call does not" exist! .
Guys be careful out there,its not easy loosing money in this rigme.

Beware of this new pattern.

So sorry for you. That money is enough to secure a plot of land or pay initial deposit to become the land owner at New Dubai of Africa which is Ibeju-Lekki Lagos. Investment in real estate is the only surest investment with no risk.
To know how to invest in a genuine property contact us on +2348030897019.
Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Banchotmods: 4:55pm On Feb 23, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:
It all started last year November when my lil sis called me jubilating about how she got 90k with just 30k in just 3 weeks.

I asked her how and she explianed. In her words. I met this guys some weeks ago and they talked me into crypto, at first I declined, but I finaly decided to play along with them by staking a token of 30k with them.

They called me today (3 weeks later) saying that crypto market has crashed! BUT before it crashed her token was able to tripple! that had it being she invested earlier that it might even be ×10!. I was happy for her. I asked to invest again but she said that the market is down, but they will let her know when it rises.

January 10th this year they called and asked her to invest again. She wanted to invest 50k but they adviced her to invest with a big money, so should it case it the market didnt last long and it only double or tripple, there will be no problem. She called me and explained everything to me, being a novice in crypto, I just asked her to be careful. Am coming guys..

sound like ah made up story

1 Like

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by clergyboy(m): 4:55pm On Feb 23, 2022
Stop thinking like an illiterate if you are not.......there are multiple ways internet pays people daily. Come let me teach you forex trading if you want to trade by yourself.
Iyaebe:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Poopypants: 4:56pm On Feb 23, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:

Are you ok?

Despite my busy schedule, i took my time to get you guys informed about the latest scam on ground, and all i could get is insult! Like realy .

get us informed on what? Your stupidity? Who invests in a buisness they know nothing about? Who goes into crypto without understanding what crypto is all about? No scam happened here, you guys were simply foolish.

3 Likes

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by iLegendd(m): 4:56pm On Feb 23, 2022
Crypto is not something you give a Nigerian man to invest for you, it's something you can learn and do yourself.

Any human who becomes disinterested or lazy to learn it should not invest in it except the person doing the investment on your behalf is your trusted sibling.

7 Likes

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by SmartMen: 4:57pm On Feb 23, 2022
Iyaebe:
Ignorance will not wound u ooo...

1 Like

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by ikejohn(m): 4:58pm On Feb 23, 2022
Cryptocurrency is not fraud if you learn it well.

1 Like

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by FreeStuffsNG: 4:58pm On Feb 23, 2022
O pari.
That is why FG through SEC has been warning against this crpto token ponzi scheme.
https://sec.gov.ng/public-notice-on-investments-in-cryptocurrencies-and-other-virtual-or-digital-currencies/

Do not allow anyone defraud you. Crypto is a ponzi and financial mania. There is nothing like easy and free money.Be guided.

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by bunnae(f): 4:59pm On Feb 23, 2022
iLegendd:
Crypto is not something you give a Nigerian man to invest for you, it's something you can learn and do yourself.

Any human who becomes disinterested or lazy to learn it should not invest in it except the person doing the investment on your behalf is your trusted sibling.

That's on period!!!
Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by TheABOMINATION: 4:59pm On Feb 23, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:

I never said i wanted a ps5, she just said that due to excitement.

Next time be wise, advice whoever is getting involved in investment they are not in the know and in control of, to not be greedy and take things slow. Most importantly always advice your friends and family to invest amount of money they can afford to lose. Meaning, they must never borrow money from others to invest in a scheme they are not in control of.
Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Banchotmods: 4:59pm On Feb 23, 2022
iLegendd:

ya donkey, back with anada senseless talk.

1 Like

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Emac34: 4:59pm On Feb 23, 2022
Iyaebe:

Them the help person invest for crypto??
Why couldn’t she use some of the money to gain more knowledge on crypto trading and NFT’s before investing the rest herself
Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Ola4lead(m): 4:59pm On Feb 23, 2022
OP sorry about your experience, but come to think of it. If your sister actually had one million and she knows the amount of weeks it takes her to get it, she won't believe she can make three million using that same one million within short time.
People needs to be smart about making huge amount of money within short term... It mostly ends in tears

2 Likes

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by KiNg0G: 5:00pm On Feb 23, 2022
fake assz story

1 Like

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Acidosis(m): 5:00pm On Feb 23, 2022
Let's be clear, there's no such thing as "crypto investment". Converting your Naira to dollar in the hope that Naira will crash so you can convert your dollar back to the fallen Naira is not an investment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Loopers Club Ponzi Scam Finallly Collapse / Frustrated MMM Participants Resort To Curses, Threats / Navigating The Forex Terrain: A Comprehensive Guide To Choosing The Best Forex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.