Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! (39382 Views)

Former Manchester City Sponsor Linked To Crypto Fraud Of Over £1.1billion / Crypto Fraud: EFCC Arrests Man Over N108 Million Bitcoin Investment Scam. / $5 Million Crypto Theft 20 Years Old Hacker Pleads Guilty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by nurain150(m): 5:13pm On Feb 23, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:
It all started last year November when my lil sis called me jubilating about how she got 90k with just 30k in just 3 weeks.

I asked her how and she explianed. In her words. I met this guys some weeks ago and they talked me into crypto, at first I declined, but I finaly decided to play along with them by staking a token of 30k with them.

They called me today (3 weeks later) saying that crypto market has crashed! BUT before it crashed her token was able to tripple! that had it being she invested earlier that it might even be ×10!. I was happy for her. I asked to invest again but she said that the market is down, but they will let her know when it rises.

January 10th this year they called and asked her to invest again. She wanted to invest 50k but they adviced her to invest with a big money, so should it case it the market didnt last long and it only double or tripple, there will be no problem. She called me and explained everything to me, being a novice in crypto, I just asked her to be careful. Am coming guys..

You did Ponzi this is not crypto. It's pure greed

1 Like

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Sleyanya1(m): 5:13pm On Feb 23, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:
She later called me and said she will be investing N1mil, so should in case the market didnt last and her investment only tripple again, this time it will be 3mil. I felt something fishy though, na so e day easy to make money, Then i thaught maybe the masses are just investing 3k,10k etc and when it tripples they wont be a huge gain. She asked me to help her with 3500k that she can only bringout 650k, but i offered her 400k she thanked and promise to buy me a ps5. Long story short, the nigas blocked her in such a way that when she calls, the service wilk report saying "the number you call does not" exist! .
Guys be careful out there,its not easy loosing money in this rigme.

Beware of this new pattern.

angry It's really terrible, extend my regards to your sis. Let her count it as a lesson and still find away to be open to investments.

However, before investing in anything, there are rules to be followed.

Firstly, Never invest into something you did not research about. The lesser your knowledge on it, the higher your chances of losing out or being a victim.

Secondly, only invest what you are willing to risk. Borrowing to invest is a bad idea (even though you were her bro. It would have been worse if you weren't.)

There are other rules, but these two should go a long way to help. Regards.

1 Like

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 23, 2022
I will suggest you change the topic op. No be crypto defraud you, na you and your Lil sister dey ignorant.
Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Bizibi(m): 5:14pm On Feb 23, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:

Human's are greedy by nature, so stop that sermon please.
humans are not greedy,humans only choose to be greedy.
Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by RubiesBanking: 5:15pm On Feb 23, 2022
Iyaebe:
Anything crypto and other internet ways of making money is fraudulent to me,people that make money online are mostly fraudsters or potential fraudsters.Dem plenty here for nairaland.All those boys doing crypto also know how to hack people's account and hacking is fraudulent, so all of dem dy swim for the same ocean. Crypto=Hacking=Fraud.

Are you now saying Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Elon Musk and others Including big corporations like MasterCard accepting it as a mode of payment are scammers?
People make good money in cryptos in legit ways, it's because of issues of anonymity that make it a preferable method to do illegal transaction and also to evade paying taxes.
Crypto as a currency has it gains and also disadvantages.
The lady in question didn't even pay the money via crypto so the scammer can be tracked atleast.
Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Enyimbamercedes: 5:15pm On Feb 23, 2022
Net profit- 940k

They honey-trapped her with 60k. She thought she was the one investing but they actually invested 60k and played the long game which relied on one human weakness- greed.

They played their card and netted 1m. ROI - 940k...not bad
Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Dawn91(m): 5:16pm On Feb 23, 2022
[s]
RubiesBanking:

Are you now saying Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Elon Musk and others Including big corporations like MasterCard accepting it as a mode of payment are scammers?
People make good money in cryptos in legit ways, it's because of issues anonymity that make it a preferable method to do illegal transaction and also to evade paying taxes.
Crypto as a currency has it gains and also disadvantages.
The lady in question didn't even pay the money via crypto so the scammer can be tracked atleast.
[/s]

I can't .. I just can't

This level of audacious ignorance is amazing.

Bro, please stop commenting you are embarrassing yourself.

Please
Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by jemak4: 5:16pm On Feb 23, 2022
I still see all this type of investment as monkey biz, any way contact me for your solar installation 08036258044
Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Folorunsho15: 5:16pm On Feb 23, 2022
Seriously how foolish can you be, as an elder brother that you're supposed to guide your sister, you made her lose a whopping 1m, you should cover your head in shame, I keep telling people it's greed that kill us, how can someone promise to triple your earnings in so so days or weeks and you agree to that, I've been in crypto since 2016 and people are making legit money from it and I have been making too but I'll never fall for this kind of cheap scam, I work as a CM and also invest in some private deals etc. There is no easy money anywhere may it crypto or any field. Unfortunately people's greed will continue to get the best of them. Just sad your sister had you to nudge her but you failed miserably
Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Stevengold(m): 5:17pm On Feb 23, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:
It all started last year November when my lil sis called me jubilating about how she got 90k with just 30k in just 3 weeks.

I asked her how and she explianed. In her words. I met this guys some weeks ago and they talked me into crypto, at first I declined, but I finaly decided to play along with them by staking a token of 30k with them.

They called me today (3 weeks later) saying that crypto market has crashed! BUT before it crashed her token was able to tripple! that had it being she invested earlier that it might even be ×10!. I was happy for her. I asked to invest again but she said that the market is down, but they will let her know when it rises.

January 10th this year they called and asked her to invest again. She wanted to invest 50k but they adviced her to invest with a big money, so should it case it the market didnt last long and it only double or tripple, there will be no problem. She called me and explained everything to me, being a novice in crypto, I just asked her to be careful. Am coming guys..

She wan overtake Dangote
Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by FreeStuffsNG: 5:17pm On Feb 23, 2022
Emac34:

Isn’t crypto trading a paid occupation??
Really? As in , you are suggesting that crypto trading is an occupation with formal qualification for it and licensed by law?
That is not so in reality sir.

It is at best an informal occupation not a profession. That governments warn against it makes it a free for all , informal and officially frowned at.

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by specie103(m): 5:17pm On Feb 23, 2022
Iyaebe:
Anything crypto and other internet ways of making money is fraudulent to me,people that make money online are mostly fraudsters or potential fraudsters.Dem plenty here for nairaland.All those boys doing crypto also know how to hack people's account and hacking is fraudulent, so all of dem dy swim for the same ocean. Crypto=Hacking=Fraud.

If you lack knowledge about something, please ask questions from people that are knowledgeable in that area. How can you come to a forum and publicly expose your ignorance to the entire public? Truly, a fool sometimes is considered wise when He/She kept quiet. I come in Peace. sad sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Abdul9025(m): 5:17pm On Feb 23, 2022
21savages:
I made front page today since 2014.. Pls u guys should congratulate & Pray for me i'll be a POS shop owner next month insha Allah, ave been doing sales boy for 3yrs..

congratulations

1 Like

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Trojan8(m): 5:18pm On Feb 23, 2022
Patrioticbreed9:

Human's are greedy by nature, so stop that sermon please.

Your sister wasn't just greedy, she was slow.

As an elder brother that allowed such to happen, I have no words for you.

1 Like

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 23, 2022
You are the one that's embarrassing yourself.

Dawn91:
[s][/s]

I can't .. I just can't

Please
Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by OrganicCluster(m): 5:19pm On Feb 23, 2022
CRYPTO IS A DO IT YOURSELF THING.

1 Like

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by RubiesBanking: 5:20pm On Feb 23, 2022
Dawn91:
[s][/s]

I can't .. I just can't

Please

I don't understand what you mean by ignorance here, Can you state for fact what I said is not true?
Crypto as a currency is not bad, but it also has it's disadvantage.
Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by MeghaneMorgane(f): 5:20pm On Feb 23, 2022
I gave my friend who is into crypto 1m naira to invest. She said she didn’t want to take my money because my interest rate was higher than bank rate. She said many banks are calling her to come and collect loan. She said because she is my friend, she will invest for me. The plan was that I will give her 1m and every month she will give me 200k for 6 months. Then she will give me my 1m back at the end of 6 month. So basically, I give her 1m and I get back 2.2m after 6 months. She was making only mouth.

The first month passed, no 200k. Secondly month passed no 200k. I called the babe that if the market is that bad make she send me my 1m back that I’m not doing again. She sent me back my 1m. I no see interest till today cry

1 Like

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 5:21pm On Feb 23, 2022
djmickymouse:

How can you say that? I actually do respect you, but you are wrong on this one, affiliate marketing, programming, content creating, copywriting and so many other internet based proffesion are not fraudulent
Respect who? the attention seeking zzor?

LMAO! please keep your respect, that person doesn't deserve a bit of it, their are sensible people here that deserves your respect, not that attention seeker and pathological liar.

1 Like

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Folorunsho15: 5:21pm On Feb 23, 2022
Very ignorant my brother
specie103:

If you lack knowledge about something, please ask questions from people that are knowledgeable in that area. How can you come to a forum and publicly expose your ignorance to the entire public? Truly, a fool sometimes is considered wise when He/She kept quiet. I come in Peace. sad sad sad sad
Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by MrAnele(m): 5:21pm On Feb 23, 2022
Iyaebe:

Your ignorance wear raincoat grin

3 Likes

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by BJanta: 5:23pm On Feb 23, 2022
CandyOps:
Normal levels.
Them done run me 1m before. Life goes on we even report to police dem say crypto is a grey area in Nigerian law they don't handle such cases. Na so case die

Thank GOD say you no die follow, LOL.
Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Trojan8(m): 5:24pm On Feb 23, 2022
Folorunsho15:
Seriously how foolish can you be, as an elder brother that you're supposed to guide your sister, you made her lose a whopping 1m, you should cover your head in shame, I keep telling people it's greed that kill us, how can someone promise to triple your earnings in so so days or weeks and you agree to that, I've been in crypto since 2016 and people are making legit money from it and I have been making too but I'll never fall for this kind of cheap scam, I work as a CM and also invest in some private deals etc. There is no easy money anywhere may it crypto or any field. Unfortunately people's greed will continue to get the best of them. Just sad your sister had you to nudge but you failed miserably

No mind the brother Ode. None of my siblings can invest in anything without letting me know, and I always guide them. How can you go from 20k to 1m just because the 20k investment came through?

2 Likes

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Iceman296: 5:25pm On Feb 23, 2022
1m to get 3m, In Nigeria?? Here??

GREED!!
Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Gentlegirl1(f): 5:26pm On Feb 23, 2022
Get rich quick scheme is a problem, but most people do not know this, either they know but Desperation leads them to BITTER end. Good for them.

1 Like

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by angelfallz(m): 5:27pm On Feb 23, 2022
That's sad

CandyOps:
Normal levels.
Them done run me 1m before. Life goes on we even report to police dem say crypto is a grey area in Nigerian law they don't handle such cases. Na so case die
Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Salihusaliheen(m): 5:28pm On Feb 23, 2022
Op u Bleep, instead of u to advise her,u ended up to persuade her in doing this.brother u fall my hand seriously and u even add ur 400k.the headline should have been"my sister and I were scammed".
Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by chibjohn(m): 5:28pm On Feb 23, 2022
Iyaebe:
Your problem is illiteracy if you can write this in 2022.
Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Emac34: 5:28pm On Feb 23, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Really? As in , you are suggesting that crypto trading is an occupation with formal qualification for it and licensed by law?
That is not so in reality sir.

It is at best an informal occupation not a profession. That governments warn against it makes it a free for all , informal and officially frowned at.
whatever you choose to believe is all up to you but try reading more on NFTs, Metaverse and Crypto
Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 5:28pm On Feb 23, 2022
ednut1:
Your sister is a greedy person
Exactly! she's just too greedy and greedy people tend to lose their hard earned money to scammers, I remember vividly how I lost more than 6 million Naira to MMM ponzi scheme back then because of greed, I learnt my mistake, moved on and became a better version of myself.

1 Like

Re: How My Younger Sister Got Scammed Of ₦1 Million Crypto Fraud! by wifeesnatcher(m): 5:29pm On Feb 23, 2022
you want to gain from where you didn't invest,. only to turn to a motivational speaker after, if the money had paid you 3m u won't open thread

even though the guy play smart on you guys, he will still meet his Waterloo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Loopers Club Ponzi Scam Finallly Collapse / Frustrated MMM Participants Resort To Curses, Threats / Navigating The Forex Terrain: A Comprehensive Guide To Choosing The Best Forex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.