Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,761 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK - Jobs/Vacancies (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK (54465 Views)

Become A Real Estate Sales Consultant, & Earn Over 450k Monthly In Commissions. / How To Earn Extra Income Worth Over $300 On Your Smart Phone Monthly In Nigeria / See How Much Nigeria Vs US Military Is Earning Per Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by cosmatika(m): 4:45pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Yeah whatever wànker...

Suite yourself pu555y
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by cosmatika(m): 4:47pm On Feb 24, 2022
aribisala0:
Not true you can easily spend more that £350 a montth eating . Easily . Not everyone is on austerity budget.

One bottle of big stout is nearly £4
Eating out is no cheap
Visiting Starbucks is not cheap .

If you are working hard and single you might not have time to cook and may eat at least one meal a day outside your home

So you want to come to UK and start enjoying Isiewu and nkwobi like you do in Nigeria? Goodluck with that.

Wat happened to cooking your meals at home?
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by cosmatika(m): 4:49pm On Feb 24, 2022
tosinhtml:

Dude, Where do you live? Please state exactly where you live in UK.

Most big tech jobs that sponsor workers are in London & I am very optimistic that OP job would be in London as well. A proper house self contain is £1000 in London and above excluding any bills. Nobody will give you 2 Bedroom flat in London for £1000, shey you wan thief am? Even with Juju, you no go see am.

When you people are talking, please make sure you add accurate details.

Yes accommodation in the UK vary depending on the city, but still £4k will take care of his bills and he ll save more than that #1.5m monthly. And you mustn't live in London to work in London. U have Kent and other cities closeby.
And to answer your question, I stay in Newcastle
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by GoodFaith: 4:50pm On Feb 24, 2022
esere826:

4k after tax is great in the Uk. Means you are earning about 75k plus per annum.
It puts you in the top earning bracket of that country. Hopefully its not in London, and even if it where, if you're not yet a family man, you'd do well.

If single, target accomodation of £700 per month.
Also negotiate work from home at least 2 days to save on transport.
Your feeding shouldnt be more than £300 monthly
Dont get tempted to buy a range rover on hire purchase like Nigerians do there

at the end of the month, you'd be saving about £2k per month which is equivalent to your nigerian earning.
Your working in uk will also improve your profile if you decide to search for a 9ja job
Your earning also makes you credit worthy in the UK which is a big plus.

Middle class or close to upper middle class in UK
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by engrrichie92(m): 4:50pm On Feb 24, 2022
space9880:
which one you dey do bros and which one money dey pass.

Lol
Guyyy...money dey everywhere

It's not limited to a particular field...Do your research, choose one or more and be determined to be really good at it..

Put in the work now and enjoy later...
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by engrrichie92(m): 4:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
Evidenx:
BEFORE I TALK LET ASK ARE YOU MARRIED?
IF YES MOVE BECAUSE OF YOUR FAMILY.

IF YOU ARE SINGLE,DON'T MOVE.
LIKE I ALWAYS SAY,IF I EARN 500K MONTHLY IN NAIJA,I GO NO WHERE.
1.5M IS MUCH BRO.
YOU CAN ALWAYS VISIT UK.

I plan to get married this year
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by esere826: 4:52pm On Feb 24, 2022
GoodFaith:

Middle class or close to upper middle class in UK

upper middle
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by cosmatika(m): 4:52pm On Feb 24, 2022
Anazp:
what a joke. Thats if he doesn't have a family to takr care off or how do you feed a family of four on 350 pounds per month??
Anyway I don't spend more than that monthly buying groceries, dey are relatively cheap here.

If he's taking care of his family comfortably with the whole inflation in Nigeria, then £4000/month will do that comfortably
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by AutoC: 4:52pm On Feb 24, 2022
aribisala0:
It is not a big deal especially for agency workers. It works out at £35 an hour for a 37.5 hour week before tax.

Many agency workers earn a lot more

Not without experience in UK...that's what I'm saying...people earn 200K pounds per year as senior executives. It's not the possibility I'm talking about its the circumstance

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by pappilo(m): 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

In what field did you get this job? My husband and I's combined salary is not £4,000 a month.

LWKMD. No mind these pipu o. No be this same UK wey we dey.

I dont even mind the original question as its good to dream and it is also possible that the chap is talented with a skill in high demand and really got such an offer. I am flaggerbasted at the replies by people saying £4000 net is not enough to live in London grin. Most of these people are in Nigeria o and dont even see N500,000/month. I think they may be equating £4000 to N4000. £80,000 is N60,000,000/year
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
tosinhtml:

Listen, I don't have any thing to prove to you. Are you not LogoBenz aka nwanemm? Why should I prove anything to a clout chaser.

The other time you were arguing endlessly on the Family thread, i was just looking at you. Go and check all my posts, a lot of people know me offline in this forum, you are not that important that I would prove anything to you.

You are a big foo.l for this. LogoBenz, come carry your friend. I can see you are sick Tosin.

Let me give you a clue... Nwanem you mentioned is an ibo name. Go read my thread well.

You dont need to convince me or defend yourself. You have just shown you are not a tech person. You arent in the UK. You are slow. Tech person who cannot identify traces, similarities, patterns, etc. And you call yourself a tech person. In 2022? grin

You better clear off and continue your useless fight with Nwanem or whoever he or she is without involving me. Mu.mu... Be deceiving yourself with the html thing attached to your moniker.

You better clear off my mention.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by GoodFaith: 4:57pm On Feb 24, 2022
AlieninPH:

It's you who must be very foolish, because there was no where in my post, where I said no Nigeria can earn 90,000 pounds per year.
In fact my sibling who owns a Dental clinic earns over 150,000 pounds annually before tax in the UK.
If you go back to your original post and stop being clever by haif. You were busy multiplying 4,000 x 12, as his salary, whereas for him to earn that amount tax free, his real salary will be over 80,000 pounds, which is closer to the 90,000 pounds suggested by the person, you attacked.
90,000 is closer to 80,000 compared to 48,000 pounds, or can't you do the mathematics.

"my sibling who owns a Dental clinic earns over 150,000 pounds annually before tax in the UK."
see just gone in and making what?
Money hard for UK
I was telling a very good friend in UK
three men from our area and attended the same high make about $98,000 to $115, 00.00 they all work for the government
Today this three people like make 105,000.00 to 125,000.00
My friend respond You people are making lot of money
I say NO
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by seun70(m): 4:59pm On Feb 24, 2022
Silly question bro!
I live within the IT Space. You do not have to think twice about this. Freaking pack your bag and leave for the UK right away! 4k pounds is even too much, you could earn that for like a year and then go into consulting, where you might be able to earn double that.

My 2pence!

engrrichie92:
I'm a tech bro, I currently do 1.5M Monthly in Nigeria and I just got a job offer last month in the UK for 4K pounds monthly(after tax)

My guys there be complaining about bills and how hard it is to save and all over there

So, If you were me, which would you pick and why?

Modified: will also like to hear from those in the UK; what do you think guys?...Now that you know how it is over there, what would you advice?

Please help push to front page for more engagements
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by tosinhtml: 5:00pm On Feb 24, 2022
cosmatika:

Yes accommodation in the UK vary depending on the city, but still £4k will take care of his bills and he ll save more than that #1.5m monthly. And you mustn't live in London to work in London. U have Kent and other cities closeby.
And to answer your question, I stay in Newcastle

Okay, please be giving full details so as not to confuse the readers that it is super cheap in UK.

If you read the OP's question follow-up, the company doesn't agree to remote working. He has to come to the office & I'm very sure most companies like that aren't based in Newcastle. If you live in outskirt of London & work in London, people do it but I don't think that make sense because you spend hours of time on the road, depending on which part of the city you are. So which time do you have to do other things?

Anyway, all in all 4k is a lot of money. So yes.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by GoodFaith: 5:00pm On Feb 24, 2022
space9880:
which one you dey do bros and which one money dey pass.
You can do both Cybersecurity and Project Management
Take some checkpoint and Cisco classes too -- Security
Take System Auditing class
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by tosinhtml: 5:01pm On Feb 24, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

You are a big foo.l for this. LogoBenz, come carry your friend. I can see you are sick Tosin.

Let me give you a clue... Nwanem you mentioned is an ibo name. Go read my thread well.

You dont need to convince me or defend yourself. You have just shown you are not a tech person. You arent in the UK. You are slow. Tech person who cannot identify traces, similarities, patterns, etc. And you call yourself a tech person. In 2022? grin

You better clear off and continue your useless fight with Nwanem or whoever he or she is without involving me. Mu.mu... Be deceiving yourself with the html thing attached to your moniker.

You better clear off my mention.

Okay. You can keep using different Monikers, you can't run from who you are.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by uzo32: 5:06pm On Feb 24, 2022
I wish to offer alternative view.

I don’t know how old you are and if you intend to retain your root in Nigeria. If you have children you intend to still value their Nigerian root and also have children who can remember you as your dad when you are old, stay in nigeria with that salary.

The taxation and bills from that 4000 pounds will be significant.

As a young man it is exciting and tempting to fall for such a bait but when you become a senior citizen you may realise it was not a good choice after all.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by obailala(m): 5:07pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] [s]Stop deceiving yourself oga: you're living in Ijebu Òde ,not the UK or any European country for that matter .

And secondly, your ignorance is appalling. Which fvcking taxes are they paying in Nigeria ...is it health, road , or community tax , council tax...which one oga ? Who is collecting them , and where are they collected to? Who is there to hold who accountable if you don't pay taxes...abi is it your fraudulent FIRS with their outdated records system ? undecided

Let us even assume that taxes are paid in Nigeria, now tell me , will be as harsh as the British system of taxation that levies and imposes tax on more than 30% of your earnings ? Is it possible to be comfortable there with 4k pounds , or here with 4k pounds? If your answer is yes, then you're a dumbfvck who can't reason .

And for your information, it seems you don't know Europeans laugh at us when we come to their countries to live and work. I've had the privilege of meeting some of them , and they even wonder why we leave our countries that are almost virtually tax-free to come and grind in their societies that have bottlenecked-tax systems that don't even allow you make a fortune with the much you put into working like a horse .

Just to validate this point, my former boss currently lives and works in Nigeria, and he earns well over a £100k pounds a year in that shithole Nigeria . But guess what ? The old fart enjoys the country and do you know why...? It's because of little or no tax we pay over here!

Even he himself told me plainly that we don't pay taxes in Nigeria, unlike other European and western nations who pay satanic taxes to their government.

This weakness in the Nigerian system alone has made him have savings like crazy ....and he can boast of half million pounds in his account that's he'll use as part of his retirement.

Lastly , a salary of 1.5 million a month can allow you run diesel without your account shaking ...and if you're wise ,there are solar companies that offer their services for less .

So if you like dey do mumu for "jappa". You go still live in rented apartment till you turn 80. Nonsense
A real tragedy of life is when a person can actually read and write, but is just too dull to take his time and read before rushing to regurgitate trash. Go back and read what I wrote, but this time do it slowly. I obviously didnt say anywhere that Nigerians pay taxes; the very fact that you read otherwise already exposes who the dumbfvck truly is.

All I said was that although Nigerians don't pay as much taxes, Nigerian who want to live comfortably end up paying heavily from their pockets for those same amenities which taxes in the UK provides for you. Nigerians who want to live comfortably pay heavily from their pockets for private security, for healthcare, for education (some private schools in parts of Nigeria cost a killing), pay to fix roads etc... You obviously are so used to 'I pass my neighbour' generators, reason why you dont have a clue how much it cost to run a large diesel generator which at least can power several AC's around a house. You also ignorantly talk of solar systems but have no clue how prohibitive it costs to install and operate an offgrid system that can power a full home (with AC's) over a long period.

I would stress it again, you must be a serious ignoramus to even attempt comparing the standard of living you get in the UK with a £4k/month salary AFTER TAX to what you get in Nigeria with a N1.5million monthly salary. A £4k monthly salary after tax equates to about £70k annually, which would place the OP in a better position than over 90% of salary earners in the UK; this is what you carelessly compare to N1.5m in Nigeria?

And lastly, you talk of renting till 80 years old; hopefully you aren't a junkie to be thinking like this cos its only a junkie in the UK who would earn £4k after tax monthly and still be unable to buy a decent property.

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by GoodFaith: 5:09pm On Feb 24, 2022
70% to 80% of Nigerian in the UK don't make that income
In the US 60% of Nigerian don't make that income

check out average income

So in American ‘class’ is a reference to your economic group. In the UK it is a reference to your social group. Professional footballers in the UK might all be millionaires, but they still mostly claim to be proudly working class.

But if we try and use the American scales on British incomes, and we assume ‘middle class’ represents above average incomes, then for the various parts of the country, it looks like this:

https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-c3665d789d3f4395594d33b02ce43b74
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by esere826: 5:11pm On Feb 24, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

In what field did you get this job? My husband and I's combined salary is not £4,000 a month.

it is very possible
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Semaj77(m): 5:11pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Bros 4k pounds doesn't sound like much over there(especially if you're into programming). And when you look at future expenses , you might not really be able to stay afloat (especially with a family and all). So I'll advice if you ask for a remote opportunity with the company, since it's obvious you're intrested in increasing your financial power

4k pounds is much , not many earn that much ( 48k annually after tax ) , Baba it's much make I no lie. He'll live well off with 2500 pounds monthly and be able to save ,1500 pounds monthly ( approximately 1 million naira monthly savings )
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by obailala(m): 5:14pm On Feb 24, 2022
GoodFaith:
£4k monthly after tax equates to about £70k annually. At that level, the OP would be earning more than 90% of the entire UK salary earners (not just Nigerians living in the UK). Anyone who remotely suggests that that isn't good pay in the UK must really be high on mkpurummiri. undecided
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by efilefun(m): 5:15pm On Feb 24, 2022
pappilo:

Liar

Now I know why people are suspicious of stories on Nairaland. No one will make an after tax offer to you in the UK. You either pay through PAYE or you sort out your own tax outside IR35. In both cases your offer will be your gross annual salary.

Tell me I am a hater but no one is offering you a £90,000/year job in the UK from Nigeria simply because you are 'tech bro', Whatever dafuq that mean. I dont care if you can write perfect API code straight from sleep or you are a developer, SDET, BA, Architect, PM all rolled in one.

Lol, I know a software engineer who got similar offer… 95k even UI UX is getting between 40-80k depending on ur experience. Don’t underrate tech jobs.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by GoodFaith: 5:16pm On Feb 24, 2022
see

We discovered that a third of the British public underestimate the average UK salary. According to the latest figure from the Office for National Statistics, median annual pay for full-time employees was £31,285 for the tax year ending 5 April 2021.

Yet 33 per cent of the British public believes the median annual salary range in the UK is £20,001 to £30,000, compared with 24 per cent who think it is £30,001 to £40,000, 18 per cent who think it is below £20,000, 8 per cent who think it is £40,001 to £50,000, 2 per cent who think it is £50,001 to £60,000 and 1 per cent who think it is £60,001 to £70,000.

Does my salary make me rich?
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by esere826: 5:16pm On Feb 24, 2022
GoodFaith:

check out average income

https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-c3665d789d3f4395594d33b02ce43b74

True. but the opportunity is there.
The opportunity comes like a wind every once in a while, and if you are prepared, you just jump into the jet stream and it takes you effortlessly to that destination.

There is that opportunity at the moment with uk and US companies looking for employees.
Some are even doing 2 jobs at a go right now.

If one is not in the right circle, you may miss all of these info.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Semaj77(m): 5:16pm On Feb 24, 2022
Golan007:
After tax is not bad but your standard would not be as good as 1.5m in Nigeria.

Says who
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by kowalsky: 5:18pm On Feb 24, 2022
pappilo:

Look at this broke fool in Okokomaiko saying £4000/month is base salary. £48,000 a year in a country where the average salary is £25,000. Have you seen an airport before? Does anyone if your family members in Europe earn even half that amount?

Lol. Make your point with being a hooligan.

€25,000 - €50,000 is base salary for a software dev in the UK.

https://www.payscale.com/research/UK/Job=Software_Developer/Salary

Point is there are better offers to be had. With 1.5M in Nigeria he can live comfortably in Asokoro where the amenities and security is comparable to the suburb he'll land in the UK if he took that offer.
And this is assuming that 4k won't be taxed to teeth.

If I were him. I'd still be in Nigeria double my remote hustle. Earn more than that, capitalize on the cheap cost of living here to massively invest in assets until a nicer, better gig in the €100k region is found.

But that's just me. And that's why I prefixed my response with if I were him.

Also, get a life bvtchhh. Still entitled to an opinion even if I were broke. Why do you dimwits in this country always find a way to stupidly rich-flex on others even if no one asked you.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by elonize(m): 5:18pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:
I'm a tech bro, I currently do 1.5M Monthly in Nigeria and I just got a job offer last month in the UK for 4K pounds monthly(after tax)

My guys there be complaining about bills and how hard it is to save and all over there

So, If you were me, which would you pick and why?

Modified: will also like to hear from those in the UK; what do you think guys?...Now that you know how it is over there, what would you advice?

Please help push to front page for more engagements
mentor me for this tech tin.I no 1teach again embarassed
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by obailala(m): 5:18pm On Feb 24, 2022
Golan007:

Much has you stay in UK, 4k a month really isn't that great.

At the end of the month, you'll do well to save 1k if you aren't spendthrift.
It's not as much as footballers earn, but at 4k after tax, OP would earn higher than 90% of UK salary earners.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by kowalsky: 5:20pm On Feb 24, 2022
Deicide:
You mean Yahoo twitter

Tech Twitter my dude.

If you check Yahoo Twitter, you go just commit suicide. Lol grin
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by GoodFaith: 5:20pm On Feb 24, 2022
What Is Considered Middle Class In Uk?
UK citizens seem to benefit from some of the same tactics. middle class, defined by the OECD as any household that earns 75% to 200% of their median income (or their entire income, minus the number of individuals living in their household.

What Income Is Upper Middle Class Uk?
This is based on a purely statistical point: if the top five income percentile of disposable income is the higher middle class, the upper middle class earns an amount equivalent to roughly £30,000 after tax (i.e. £100,000 gross). In other words, it must be over $135,000 or more. About 1 out of 5 employees in this country is working in that occupation. The number of people in the world is 7 million.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by elonize(m): 5:20pm On Feb 24, 2022
Leave for ur unborn child...not all ur children maybe technology person like u...do it for ur entire family tree...Nigeria na gutter,smelling gutter for dat matter

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men / Halliburton - Trainee Engineers / Difference Between A Cover Letter And An Application Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.