Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK (54531 Views)

Become A Real Estate Sales Consultant, & Earn Over 450k Monthly In Commissions. / How To Earn Extra Income Worth Over $300 On Your Smart Phone Monthly In Nigeria / See How Much Nigeria Vs US Military Is Earning Per Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by damosky12(m): 1:48pm On Feb 24, 2022
Deicide:
Stop to day lie who day pay you 1.5 for Nigeria here. Mods should stop moving all this useless thread to FP

People in tech earn that much and more.

What a man knows is what he knows...
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 24, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Which recession bro?

Tech guys have access to information. This is an era of information. A tech guy in naija is more informed than an average guy in the UK. Everything is online.

Please, show me where recession is in the UK. Recession is not Brexit. Brexit is a massive opportunity for Africans to fill the gaps left by EU. So, it is the best opportunity so far. The opportunities will soon close after the UK successfully replaces vacancies left by EUs.

I guess you arent a tech person which I dont have any issue against you. But he called himself a tech person and is asking such a senseless question.

So, if it was a nurse, you would tell the nurse to remain in Naija because there is a recession you created yourself in the UK?
Earning 5million in naija is better than earning 4k pounds in UK, I have cousins who were living like a rich upper class family in naija their dad was working in uk from naija but ever since they moved to the UK, they've been struggling to pay bills and it's been more than 5 yrs now they're still living from hand to mouth in the UK, unlike when they were here they were living in big men quarters

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Vicas2000: 1:49pm On Feb 24, 2022
Take the UK job. Ask for remote working. Live in the Midlands (Birmingham. Wolverhampton etc).

Rent: £750- £800.
Food £300 monthly.
Car: £400 ( for hire purchase)
Miscellaneous: 250

Total £1,750

You should be able to save at least £2000.

£2,000 is equivalent to ₦1.5 million at £1=₦750 (Conservative).

Not only that:

You get free medical care.
Your salary comes with decent pension.
You eat good food and breathe cleaner air
You mingle with best of the best professionals
Security is percent better
Electricity is always available
You get opportunity to become a IT contractor after few years earning £500 - £600 daily.

You also get opportunity to become a citizen and have access to travel on holiday to 190 countries without visa.

The choice is yours brother.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by georgeakins: 1:49pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:
I'm a tech bro, I currently do 1.5M Monthly in Nigeria and I just got a job offer last month in the UK for 4K pounds monthly(after tax)

My guys there be complaining about bills and how hard it is to save and all over there

So, If you were me, which would you pick and why?

Modified: will also like to hear from those in the UK; what do you think guys?...Now that you know how it is over there, what would you advice?

@lalasticlala...please help push to front page for more engagements

Someone doing a N1.5m job monthly in Nigeria would not be coming to this forum to ask this type of question.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by agbalej(m): 1:50pm On Feb 24, 2022
With less than £2k monthly we are surviving in the UK. Why would £4K not be enough for you.

Are you a squander?

2 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Berankis: 1:50pm On Feb 24, 2022
psucc:
You get job offer( forget how much is involved), the offer alone is enough for you to move on.

If you like, get N2m monthly here it is not worth it.
All of you bad-mouthing this country are the ones who cannot comport themselves properly within this country. We behave anyhow and later turn around to condemn the country.
The good news is some of us will be trapped here for a long time (or for life)

2 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by monfizzy(m): 1:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
pappilo:

Liar

Now I know why people are suspicious of stories on Nairaland. No one will make an after tax offer to you in the UK. You either pay through PAYE or you sort out your own tax outside IR35. In both cases your offer will be your gross annual salary.

Tell me I am a hater but no one is offering you a £90,000/year job in the UK from Nigeria simply because you are 'tech bro', Whatever dafuq that mean. I dont care if you can write perfect API code straight from sleep or you are a developer, SDET, BA, Architect, PM all rolled in one.

I agree with your first paragraph but the second paragraph isn’t true. I’m a U.K. resident and I know of two persons resident in Nigeria, one a friend and another an acquaintance, who are into online tech jobs and earning over £5k a month each. They do freelance tech jobs with multinational companies in the U.K., US and Australia. So his offer is a possibility but the after tax part was either fabricated or sugar-coated.

7 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by dhesmond(m): 1:52pm On Feb 24, 2022
Man..... My 2kobo advice is to move to the UK man, 4k pounds is huge with all other benefit(social amenities) involved and self development, exposure and connections... I won't think twice i swear... Can we switch then ?
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Toks2008(m): 1:53pm On Feb 24, 2022
pappilo:

Liar

Now I know why people are suspicious of stories on Nairaland. No one will make an after tax offer to you in the UK. You either pay through PAYE or you sort out your own tax outside IR35. In both cases your offer will be your gross annual salary.

Tell me I am a hater but no one is offering you a £90,000/year job in the UK from Nigeria simply because you are 'tech bro', Whatever dafuq that mean. I dont care if you can write perfect API code straight from sleep or you are a developer, SDET, BA, Architect, PM all rolled in one.

very true.

He said 4k after tax so lets say he pays high tax of 40% since he will be earning over 50k per annum i guess that will come to about £5500 a month which is about £90k a year.

But right now the highest tech salary is within the range of £65k a year.

So this story is lamba.

8 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by AsgardEmmy: 1:53pm On Feb 24, 2022
My guy, most of the people giving advice on this issue are ignorant of situations of things in UK. 4k pound at the exchange rate of 750naira is equivalent to 3m. That is times 2 of your salary in nigeria.

Let talk of cost of living in UK. If you are not living in London, you can get 2 bedrooms flat for 700 to 800 per month. Go to zoopla.co.uk to confirm this. Other bills including council tax and food should be around 500 to 700 depending on the size of your family. If you are using a car, you should be ready to pay more bills.
With this analysis, you can save as much as 2k from your 4k earning. That is equal to your 1.5M in Nigeria.
Remember you have access to best free health service, better security, good and free education for your children. Constant Water, gas and light supply and better opportunities in life over there.
I think you can understand me brother.

8 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] I stayed in Bethnal Green before going to Dublin. And all this happened before you were born . But from the little I can tell, you don't seem like the sort of bloke living or staying in the UK so you can't understand the value of 4k pounds in terms other expenses like paying your mortgages , educating your kids and other social responsibilities that's you fuckers in Nigeria don't have a clue on
Stop replying mad people, they're all poor and frustrated, naira bet and beer parlour life wasters

I usually watch a documentary about UK kids given their family budget to run for a month and the way I see the kids constantly struggle, resize and reshape the budget just so they can stretch the money to last till a month, I can't just imagine living my whole life on a frustrating budget..........it's worse than nightmares

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Truth234(m): 1:53pm On Feb 24, 2022
Izprince:
First and foremost, you are not moving because of you, you are moving for your loved ones and the future of your unborn kids... The insecurities in this country is getting out of hand, so take this opportunity to japa, no look back oooo... I take God name beg you... Pls I need you to mentor me in this tech thing.

Only that Russia is about to bomb them lol.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by lexy2014: 1:53pm On Feb 24, 2022
Izprince:
First and foremost, you are not moving because of you, you are moving for your loved ones and the future of your unborn kids... The insecurities in this country is getting out of hand, so take this opportunity to japa, no look back oooo... I take God name beg you... Pls I need you to mentor me in this tech thing.

All these stories are made up stories. If someone has d brain to make 1.5m naira a month, why can't he have the brain to no whether £4k in England is better or not

7 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Btruth: 1:53pm On Feb 24, 2022
Golan007:
After tax is not bad but your standard would not be as good as 1.5m in Nigeria.
how do you mean?
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by dhesmond(m): 1:53pm On Feb 24, 2022
agbalej:

With less than £2k monthly we are surviving in the UK. Why would £4K not be enough for you.

Are you a squander?

Trust me he knows what's he's doing, he just dey whyne us for here... Boss man, i fit follow you?

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Mcslize: 1:54pm On Feb 24, 2022
chiedozie198100:
I hope those telling you to japa know that in Uk it's 48,000 pounds per annum AS against 18, million naira in nigeria.

compare cost of living in the UK to Naija.
compare how much you'll use to 'settle' naija folks
when you get married do you think 48,000 pounds can carry u n ur family.

18M in naija is a super big boy status any day any time. u can build a portable house n buy a good car n still ball out well just in one year with 18M.

look before you leap oo.

Lol!
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Toks2008(m): 1:54pm On Feb 24, 2022
AsgardEmmy:
My guy, most of the people giving advice on this issue are ignorant of situations of things in UK. 4k pound at the exchange rate of 750naira is equivalent to 3m. That is times 2 of your salary in nigeria.

Let talk of cost of living in UK. If you are not living in London, you can get 2 bedrooms flat for 700 to 800 per month. Go to zoopla.co.uk to confirm this. Other bills including council tax and food should be around 500 to 700 depending on the size of your family. If you are using a car, you should be ready to pay more bills.
With this analysis, you can save as much as 2k from your 4k earning. That is equal to your 1.5M in Nigeria.
Remember you have access to best free health service, better security, good and free education for your children. Constant Water, gas and light supply and better opportunities in life over there.
I think you can understand me brother.

Dont even waste your time. Nah lie e dey lie

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by uvie66: 1:54pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Bros 4k pounds doesn't sound like much over there(especially if you're into programming). And when you look at future expenses , you might not really be able to say afloat (especially with a family and all). So I'll advice if you ask for a remote opportunity with the company, since it's obvious you're intrested in increasing your financial power
nonsense talk....4k is well above the average in UK and considered a good salary, if you don't live extravagantly you should be able to put aside 1 to 1.5k every month

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Kwestionair: 1:55pm On Feb 24, 2022
Pvssy ass Britain. This is what they want for Africans to be running away from their lands while they steal their resources through their gullible leadership and masses. God punish whoever supports this useless slavery Africans are into in the name of abroad.
God punish Britain and her government.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by onyxo76(m): 1:55pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:
I'm a tech bro, I currently do 1.5M Monthly in Nigeria and I just got a job offer last month in the UK for 4K pounds monthly(after tax)

My guys there be complaining about bills and how hard it is to save and all over there

Modified: will also like to hear from those in the UK; what do you think guys?...Now that you know how it is over there, what would you advice?

4k pounds is 3m in naira after tax.
free school up to sec sch for the kids
free healthcare
if you don't stay in London, then you're good to go.
better leave quickly, the life here is no longer bearable.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by victor54: 1:55pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Bros 4k pounds doesn't sound like much over there(especially if you're into programming). And when you look at future expenses , you might not really be able to say afloat (especially with a family and all). So I'll advice if you ask for a remote opportunity with the company, since it's obvious you're intrested in increasing your financial power

4K net salary is more than average in the uk. There's no reason not to choose UK.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by monfizzy(m): 1:55pm On Feb 24, 2022
Toks2008:

very true.

He said 4k after tax so lets say he pays high tax of 40% since he will be earning over 50k per annum i guess that will come to about £5500 a month which is about £90k a year.

But right now the highest tech salary is within the range of £65k a year.

So this story is lamba.

Highest tech salary £65k? Where did you get this untrue figures from. I’ve tech friends who live here and earning £10k plus a month. I’m not saying this story is true but the inference that highest tech jobs are within £65k range is blatant false.

3 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
Drugkills:

The best decision you can make is leaving!!! Don’t even look back.

I am talking from personal experience, sending this reply from Birmingham. People survive on 2000£ per month, trust me 4000£/month after tax is a good pay.

My one cent is fight for your family and pocket.
thank you for the advice good man God bless you sir...
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by cris83: 1:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
Man, dont limit yourself to one company alone. Go there first and start the job and earn the experience from the company for at least a year, then start looking for other prospective opportunities. You can be lucky to land an even better paying job than this one. That is how you start building your life in the UK. 4k pounds after tax is more than 2m. Find a cheap good place to live that won't cost too much. Live well but precariously while having your goal in mind to step up while using this company to build your resume abroad. Those in the uk telling you bills bills bills , it depends on how they live there and their lifestyle. If you are the frugal type and know how to save while living well, thats all you need. Dont let them discourage you. This is UK, from there you can find jobs even in USA and then move. Choice at the end, lies with you mate...

2 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by CryptoClub2018: 1:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

I dont mind been a slave to you for the time being pls
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by pansophist(m): 1:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
If i were you, I'll go, see how the country is, then decide if I went to stay or return to Nigeria afterwards. In any case, I'll have empirical knowledge which society to choose for myself and my family. Also, life is not only about money, money is just a means to an end, not the end in itself. What's the point of earning a billion in naija and an envious neighbour come attack you? Or you die in hospital because the hospital is as good as a shrine, with native doctors as qualified physicians?

Even if you save less in the UK, your security, social stability, experience of living in a different country and more are what constitutes life itself. You can't just live in Nigeria when there are close to three hundred countries out there. Also, British multiculturalism enriches your life. Its cool living a country with people from all corners of the planet as your neighbours. Expand your horizon mate. And people do earn 2k gbp in London and still get by, what more about you that earn 4k? Unless you live an extravagant life, that amount is alot.

8 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Toks2008(m): 1:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
monfizzy:

Highest tech salary £65k? Where did you get this untrue figures from. I’ve tech friends who live here and earning £10k plus a month. I’m not saying this story is true but the inference that highest tech jobs are within £65k range is blatant false.

Those are probably contract staff. Contract staff earn more than permanent employees. Ask them.

4 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by ibechris(m): 1:57pm On Feb 24, 2022
psucc:
You get job offer( forget how much is involved), the offer alone is enough for you to move on.

If you like, get N2m monthly here it is not worth it.

This abroad mentality is killing u guys.
Shey them say,heaven help those who help themselves.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by uvie66: 1:57pm On Feb 24, 2022
dawnomike:
4k pounds over there... Here are my reasons.
Any money made after tax is all yours and if you are not extravagant, it is more than enough.
You pay your rent weekly - so, it is easy to budget for that
Feeding over there is cheao compared to what you earn.
When you pay for any services,you have good value for your money without disruption especially utilities like electricity, internet etc.

Above all, security is not 100% but way better than what is obtained here
I concur.... the most expensive thing in the UK is Housing... everything else is cheap including international travel.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by celtel: 1:57pm On Feb 24, 2022
Hi if it is true you have the 4000 pounds offer, this is my honest opinion as I presently stay in the UK( outside London) and left a 7digit salary to come here too.
Firstly pray and get GOD's leading and if that is done, 4000pounds is more than enough for you. my own expenses are below:
House rent - 742
Council tax - 130
Gas - 30 Standard meaning you can put on anything when and how you want.
Electricity - 45
TV Licensing - 159
Feeding for 4 - 300 max
transport - 120 0r less, because I work from home.

Total = 1,526

As long as you are cool headed and also I just got a car so transport will become easier for my and my family but I have also paid insurance and tax for it ( insurance is expensive because we are still going to be using international passport to drive for now is 200 including tax.

Your 4000pounds is worth much more than your N1,500.000.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Princedapace(m): 1:58pm On Feb 24, 2022
Roseey0:
Let me ask my first child cry Went into labour at 28weeks and had her prematurely, the doctors and every other person were lost as to how they could help us. She was beautiful kiss, breathing like a champ till they took her away. There was nothing they could do. She came too early and unexpected cry God rest her soul

If this happened in the UK, do you think we would have had a better chance?

If you still don't get it....stay here
All the best
Healthcare is expensive anywhere. Nigerians want cheap Healthcare that delivers like machine.

If u had paid for quality Healthcare, I'm sure they would have attended to ya here. May her soul rest in peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men / Halliburton - Trainee Engineers / Difference Between A Cover Letter And An Application Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.