Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,672 members, 7,827,463 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK (54737 Views)

Become A Real Estate Sales Consultant, & Earn Over 450k Monthly In Commissions. / How To Earn Extra Income Worth Over $300 On Your Smart Phone Monthly In Nigeria / See How Much Nigeria Vs US Military Is Earning Per Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Kekenary: 1:38pm On Feb 24, 2022
By all means, the UK.
engrrichie92:
I'm a tech bro, I currently do 1.5M Monthly in Nigeria and I just got a job offer last month in the UK for 4K pounds monthly(after tax)

My guys there be complaining about bills and how hard it is to save and all over there

So, If you were me, which would you pick and why?

Modified: will also like to hear from those in the UK; what do you think guys?...Now that you know how it is over there, what would you advice?

@lalasticlala...please help push to front page for more engagements
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ever8090:
Boy,.all I can say is, you are doing well and pls follow your heart, no mind this Nairaland resident motivational speakers wey no get shi-shi just like me.

I beg, I fit see small thing to take cool this heat?...
Beggy beggy cheesy
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Deicide: 1:38pm On Feb 24, 2022
BritishNaija:

People into Softwares to be specific.
That's not what it is called

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Thunderfayayou: 1:38pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:
I'm a tech bro, I currently do 1.5M Monthly in Nigeria and I just got a job offer last month in the UK for 4K pounds monthly(after tax)

My guys there be complaining about bills and how hard it is to save and all over there

Modified: will also like to hear from those in the UK; what do you think guys?...Now that you know how it is over there, what would you advice?

Come close I want to ask you something from my sincere kind heart

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by salvo583: 1:39pm On Feb 24, 2022
Think about it well bruh
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Lexusgs430: 1:39pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

Remember this, that £4K is simply just a starting point...... If you are exceptional good, you could earn £600 per day ........ You decide ........ cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Lontrra: 1:39pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

4k pounds/m is okay.
Is it for a backend role?

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Ollygold(m): 1:39pm On Feb 24, 2022
Hmmmm i didnt believe this your story. Nothing like 4k after tax in UK.
ote author=engrrichie92 post=110498491]I'm a tech bro, I currently do 1.5M Monthly in Nigeria and I just got a job offer last month in the UK for 4K pounds monthly(after tax)

@lalasticlala...please help push to front page for more engagements[/quote]

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Afeetech: 1:39pm On Feb 24, 2022
1.5m and 4k pound with better future will be an opportunity for life, remember Naija money no get value as it sounds
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by HRMK: 1:39pm On Feb 24, 2022
u need to know the real facts and figures to reach conclusion!u need to take ur time so as not to run into serious trouble!!
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Benwems(m): 1:40pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Bros 4k pounds doesn't sound like much over there(especially if you're into programming). And when you look at future expenses , you might not really be able to say afloat over there(especially with a family and all). So I'll advice if you ask for a remote opportunity with the company, since it's obvious you're intrested in increasing your financial power

Nigerian does migrating earn less than 4k pounds after tax. Yet, they save and do other things.
He should budget 800 pounds for 2 bedroom per month outside London
200 pounds for utilities and internet per month. thats 1k pounds in total for utilities and rent.
Another 1k pounds for feeding and miscellaneous per Month. that's 2K per month in total.

He should be able to saving atleast 1k pounds every month. That's amount about 850 thousand naira every month.

2 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 24, 2022
chiedozie198100:
I hope those telling you to japa know that in Uk it's 48,000 pounds per annum AS against 18, million naira in nigeria.

compare cost of living in the UK to Naija.
compare how much you'll use to 'settle' naija folks
when you get married do you think 48,000 pounds can carry u n ur family.

18M in naija is a super big boy status any day any time. u can build a portable house n buy a good car n still ball out well just in one year with 18M.

look before you leap oo.
No mind dem, some broke yahoo boys no even dey cash out steady reach up to him own but na dem wey sabi ball and dorime pass

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 24, 2022
Senomi:

Don't mind dem, very cursed, broke ass, bitter haters of yahoo boys hungry people

Exactly. Let me not mention my Salary, because if i do, i'm very well sure they will attack me with the kind of low brains here.

I work currently in the UK too but after tax, Softwares with Oil Exploration Company
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by engrrichie92(m): 1:41pm On Feb 24, 2022
TruthTella:

Thank you.

Which is the easiest to learn please

There is no "easiest"
And I think you just started on a wrong foot...

Every path up there just like every other good thing in life requires hard work and serious dedication ...

Look through...pick one and be ready to do the work

4 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Remman(m): 1:41pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

Modified: will also like to hear from those in the UK; what do you think guys?
N1.5m in Nigeria is better than N10m in UK. Here you're the boss. There, you're Yes sir, yes sir. With 1.5m monthly in Nigeria as selfemployed, you're better than a N10m employee in UK. Even the 4k without task is not enough if you have dreams and your freedom will be limited. Talking from experience but if you want to experience life outside Nigeria, you can take it. However, the world is at the brink of war at the moment. Covid19 war made everybody realise how sweet home-Nigeria is. World war 3 would bring many others home and shutdown most jobs. Just an advise.

10 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by mmsen: 1:41pm On Feb 24, 2022
4k GBP a month is almost nothing in the UK. The cost of living is absurdly high.

Whereas 1.5 million NGN in Nigeria affords you a very good living, one in which you can save and enjoy life.

You'll be working harder for less reward in the UK. If you are reponsible you can enjoy a much better quality of life in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Cleanworld(f): 1:41pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

Hum, Not going to say much i know that people living in UK won't even comment here..i swear they won't...Ask me why ? they will be praying for you to make the mistake and cross over before your eye go clear like tear rubber.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by geosegun(m): 1:42pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Bros 4k pounds doesn't sound like much over there(especially if you're into programming). And when you look at future expenses , you might not really be able to say afloat (especially with a family and all). So I'll advice if you ask for a remote opportunity with the company, since it's obvious you're interested in increasing your financial power

Who told you £4000 pounds after tax doesn't sound much over here? Do you live in the UK? Have you ever travelled down and work here before?

I wonder how some of you will sit down in your backyard in Nigeria and start analyzing and advising about a country you have never been to...I pity the OP if he listen to people like this...

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 24, 2022
Deicide:
That's not what it is called

People that designs softwares are intowhat? Building or Tech? Teach me brother.
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Princedapace(m): 1:43pm On Feb 24, 2022
Hmmmm
Developed worlds are hard with such earning. U maybe frustrated.
You may consider moving to a more stable second world country. Ur earning will have more value as u do remote works and earn in dollars and u can still enjoy quality of life with ur money in stable second world countries.

I met a lot of black Americans who are moving to Ghana just for this reason. With their dollar, they live large in Ghana and enjoy good life too as they can aford quality services with their dollars converted to the local currency.
Just using this as an example.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Golan007: 1:43pm On Feb 24, 2022
pappilo:

Liar

Now I know why people are suspicious of stories on Nairaland. No one will make an after tax offer to you in the UK. You either pay through PAYE or you sort out your own tax outside IR35. In both cases your offer will be your gross annual salary.

Tell me I am a hater but no one is offering you a £90,000/year job in the UK from Nigeria simply because you are 'tech bro', Whatever dafuq that mean. I dont care if you can write perfect API code straight from sleep or you are a developer, SDET, BA, Architect, PM all rolled in one.

I agree.

2 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Toks2008(m): 1:44pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

Go for it.

If you are single perfect and if you are married, your wife can still work so it is even more perfect.

You can save £1500 after all expenses and you can afford to live in a good flat.

1 Like

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by mbjsuki(m): 1:45pm On Feb 24, 2022
With 1.5m here in Nigeria, that is a whole lot. However, if you will consider a few other things like peace of mind, security of lives then property and inflation, it is better you earn your 4k pounds steady and invest then stay in this country. In my own opinion, anywhere but this country. Period!
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Ammishaddai: 1:45pm On Feb 24, 2022
[s]
geosegun:

Who told you £4000 pounds after tax doesn't sound much over here? Do you live in the UK? Have you ever travelled down and work here before?

I wonder how some of you will sit down in your backyard in Nigeria and start analyzing and advising about a country you have never been to...I pity the OP if he listen to people like this...
[/s] I stayed in Bethnal Green before going to Dublin. And all this happened before you were born . But from the little I can tell, you don't seem like the sort of bloke living or staying in the UK so you can't understand the value of 4k pounds in terms other expenses like paying your mortgages , educating your kids and other social responsibilities that's you fuckers in Nigeria don't have a clue on

7 Likes

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by engrrichie92(m): 1:46pm On Feb 24, 2022
Deicide:
Stop to day lie who day pay you 1.5 for Nigeria here. Mods should stop moving all this useless thread to FP

Lol
Funny story

I was still having this discussion with a senior colleague sometimes last week

Dude was like..."Guy, people not in this space would never believe one can earn this much as salary"
So not surprised

And yea...he earns more

Information is Power bro
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by addexx: 1:46pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

What can I say..you have to first decide what path interests you the most in the Tech space:
Software Engineering
Data Analytics
Product Management
Cybersecurity
Project Management
Product Design,
Blockchain,etc

Once you decide exactly what you want to, commit 6 months-1 year to learning and development....There are tons of materials online; with an internet connected laptop; you are good to go bro; You just need to decide, be disciplined and be committed to the cause!.... You will be happy you did!

Which you into?
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by avalon7(m): 1:46pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

Does the job offer come with visa sponsorship and area of tech are you into?
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Jeffy1206(m): 1:46pm On Feb 24, 2022
dawnomike:
4k pounds over there... Here are my reasons.
Any money made after tax is all yours and if you are not extravagant, it is more than enough.
You pay your rent weekly - so, it is easy to budget for that
Feeding over there is cheao compared to what you earn.
When you pay for any services,you have good value for your money without disruption especially utilities like electricity, internet etc.

Above all, security is not 100% but way better than what is obtained here
reason this guy well �
Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by pappilo(m): 1:48pm On Feb 24, 2022
engrrichie92:

Lol
Just keep calm bro

Tell us the job role and the industry and I will give you average, median and top salaries.

I am in the tech industry in the UK so dont come here and bullshit people. There are a million Asians here wey get brain die and can do magic in tech with their eyes closed but they dont get this kind of pay on a regular. These guys dont need sponsorship visa o.

Na you wey dey Lagos, wey dem dey suspicious of na him dem go offer job of £400/day just like that?

I am not saying it is not possible but you'd have to be in a very niche area and have skills that are very hard to come by. Your after tax yarn just gave it all away... You think say you be footballer?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by Totohoazi: 1:48pm On Feb 24, 2022
TruthTella:

Thank you.

Which is the easiest to learn please

If you are a complete beginner, start with python.
Before long you can decide to go the route of software development or data science

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK by WEALTHYMII: 1:48pm On Feb 24, 2022
SEEK DIVINE DIRECTION WITH PRAYERS & FASTING.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Nairalanders, What Do You Know About UAAG Grant Disbursement? / Vacancies: FG Announces Job Recruitment Into Ministries / Invitation For Computer-based Test At MTN Maritime House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.