Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,680 members, 7,823,920 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine (37189 Views)

Biden Signs Same-sex Marriage Into Law amid funfare (Video, Photos) / Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance / Biden Signs Order Banning Supply Of Dollar Bills To Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by naija4life247: 8:48am On Feb 26, 2022
If dem born Biden papa well, make he himself go Ukraine nah, and let's see whether he will not be return home in body bag.
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by iDice: 8:50am On Feb 26, 2022
”They got money for war but they can’t feed the poor - Tupac
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by baralatie(m): 8:50am On Feb 26, 2022
neuf:
Funny how Trump was praise as the only President that didn't fight a war even though it was Pelosi the devil they love to hate that stopped him from starting one.
Same folks are calling Biden weak for trying so hard to avoid committing US military into another war.

male it make sense na
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by neuf(m): 8:51am On Feb 26, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Unfortunately, this money is late. It should have been sent before the war started. Not now. I don't see the Ukrainian president surviving next week. That gallant and the brave young man will rather have his boys shoot him dead rather than being captured. Mark my word. That man is 2022 hero. I do not know what to say about him. He is ready to die. So also ex-presidents there. But I know God is God. And I pray my predictions should not happen in Jesus' name. Amen.

Guys, if not for NATO who told Ukraine to give up nuclear weapon projects, dem no born Putin and Moscow well. Do you know how powerful Kiev (kyiv) used to be? Go and read about Chernobyl. Then you will know who they are. But they gave up everything. See eh! Make we no see wetin pass us in this life.

All they want is peace. Life has treated them so harshly. So, no one expects Putin can do it. It is just taboo. Moscow, St Petersburg, and Kiev are brothers. The leaders of the old USSR. It is just wrong. This invasion is wrong.

These kids posting rubbish here are not informed. I am so ashamed of the level of what we know as Nigerians. This is an indication of the level of our educational system.

This money is late sir. I am sorry. But what NATO refused to know is that Putin may move forward after defeating Ukraine. Estonia and Latvia are NATo members and are part of the old USSR. But first Finland is already panicking. Cos they are already saying if NATO can leave Ukraine, they will leave them too. So, Finland may not go ahead with NATO again. When Putin sees this...believe me, he may attack Estonia and Latvia if truly he wants USSR back.

Then, it will be late. The signal would have been sent. China too may just attack Taiwan. And then N.Korea too attack South Korea. We know they are all into that thing together. Since they know the only thing preventing them from attacking their neighbors is NATO. And since NATO is a toothless bulldog, they will just do it.

So, I do not understand the plan of NATO. Cos to me they are a toothless bulldog with what is happening in Ukraine. This is the reality on the ground.

Why push Ukraine far when they know they aren't going to fight? The Ukrainian president said that all our allies have left us alone. So, what the crap is this money going to do when the president is in the front war already. So, he will leave and go operate swift to wire it to start buying weapons? I don't understand.

And then, Biden left White House yesterday to go rest in Delaware. Hmmmm. It says a lot, sir. I don't want to say too much.

To me, we may have two world powers if we aren't careful here. And to hand over power to Putin is too dangerous.

go and update yourself first.

NATO never ask Ukraine to give up anything. The Budapest agreement was made with US, UK and Russia for Ukraine and Hungary to give up their arsenal and if one of the nuclear power attack them, the others will defend them.
something that is not a secret yet you deliberately left the part were Russia has broken that agreement to blame NATO for nothing.

The $2billion package in financial and military aid that was given to Ukraine before this war is called what. Jeez. like which century are you?

The Javelin anti-tank missiles, ammunition trucks going from Poland, Estonia, Latvia to Ukraine, how did they get authorisation to give out US military weapons without US approval?

Finland PM just gave a statement that Putin show is very likely to push them to join NATO. Finland and Sweden and here you are saying the opposite.

NATO for the first time has activated it's defense force and you're thinking Russia that can't even achieve air superiority over Ukraine after 3 days can't dare to attack Estonia Latvia and Lithuania.

I really would love to see Putin try.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by Voldoz: 8:51am On Feb 26, 2022
roomus:
You seem not to understand the Dynamics of these wars...US fought faceless ISIS and Taliban , just like Nigeria is still trying to defeat bokoharam for years, it's not a conventional war and usually takes years..

Ukraine - Russia war is a conventional one with open confrontation...

It's such a pity that all over nairaland, comments have been about US this US that , as if the war is happening in Washington or Moscow....it's Ukraine for godsake, an innocent country that has good relations with Russia feeling the heat...

If Russia has issues with US or NATO, then they should attack US allies or NATO member nations..simple

Bro just forget this people we Nigerians love to research on our own beliefs rather than what really happened or what happening.

Us are not saints, they have their own issues too, but if not for them some country will suffer. Even though some are suffering now because of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by franchasng: 8:53am On Feb 26, 2022
Viridis:
My problem with Ukraine is that you know you have a hostile neighbor who may attack you. Yet you fail to develop your military to counter them. Just see how a full blown country fell to it's mate in days with no retaliation.

You couldn't even hit a single target in there territory. Ukraine disgusts me. Patriotism is not enough. Imagine no single SAM defence system thereby allowing your enemy control of your airspace without a single fear of being hit.
God bless you my brother.

Ukrainian leaders from the day they had independence are useless.

Their first task right from 1991 they had their freedom from USSR should have been to build up a formidable military.

Even decommissioning their nuclear warheads was a big mistake.

They should have started full research to develop strong air defense system to protect their main military formations and cities from air attacks.

They were brothers with Russia under USSR and there is no way they can tell me that they didnt have Ukrainians that worked in former USSR military research centers with knowledge of what to do.

They just relaxed for decades banking on foreign helps.

I tell Nigerians this, the day Biafra ever gets her freedom, the number one priority will be to develop strong formidable Biafran military with copied air defense systems and drone technologies used by other developed countries. It's all about determination and leadership
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by heysquare(m): 8:54am On Feb 26, 2022
Adesina18111:
I really missed DONALD TRUMP...The AROGUNYO himself (the one who sees war and happy)
Even boys dey para say street dry and no benefit to chop again...Trump na man u be
As if no be Putin rigged election for Trump!
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by Broveens42(m): 8:54am On Feb 26, 2022
uniquetechng:
Bit they spend billions of dollars annually in aid to Nigeria, what else do you want them to do ?

Because they know the money will be re-looted back to them ..
If they are sincere about helping the poor, they should reach an agreement with central bank of governments to remit funds directly to accounts of individuals
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 8:54am On Feb 26, 2022
freshkpomo:
Zombie you know how much grant dey enter your country yearly when your politicians dey embezzle? I go just dey look as una dey mumu dey blame western world for una problems...him go soon clear for Una eyes say this war na Nigeria him go but pass if countries like America enter... Food una nor get,Crude oil globally dey go up meaning subsidy go rise and fuel price go rise, lastly una beg beg military better ready for better war because terrorists go take advantage of the fact that the west is not watching and want to take over.. ask Afghans what happened immediately the west talk say our hand nor dey ooo... Una go learn new things..
be like say you want deh give those terrorist hint o..
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by edmaraja: 8:54am On Feb 26, 2022
Rebuke:

The temerity though, lol. Yhu sound like a big fool. It's funny how y'all think yhu know something but always sounding very stupid and shallow cheesy

You don't just sound like it, you are actually a big fool, very stupid and shallow. Bloody ignoramus
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 26, 2022
CTee1:
Biden fall my hand Las las...

Winscreen is a football prediction platform you are welcome to join the winning team...
Whatsapp me
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by Kolena: 8:57am On Feb 26, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Taking up arm and protecting myself like I did some hour ago.. cry
Aimless being who posts on virtually every thread, at every hour. Today is Saturday, go do something meaningful. *Spits*
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:57am On Feb 26, 2022
guru90:

I hope u know that Russian produce WORLD WEAPONS.......
Yeah?
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by roomus(m): 8:57am On Feb 26, 2022
Nice analysis, especially the part where Ukraine gave up their nukes early 90s...it weakened the nation..they believed so much in the brotherly stuff with Russia that it became unimaginable for an invasion even with all the warnings these past months, no preparation was done...it's a simple betrayal

I do not believe Russia would gain much for this except territorial expansion but economy would pay heavily , so the world power status ain't feasible at all...China is d country playing the game right just like US.

PeaceJoyLove:

Unfortunately, this money is late. It should have been sent before the war started. Not now. I don't see the Ukrainian president surviving next week. That gallant and the brave young man will rather have his boys shoot him dead rather than being captured. Mark my word. That man is 2022 hero. I do not know what to say about him. He is ready to die. So also ex-presidents there. But I know God is God. And I pray my predictions should not happen in Jesus' name. Amen.

Guys, if not for NATO who told Ukraine to give up nuclear weapon projects, dem no born Putin and Moscow well. Do you know how powerful Kiev (kyiv) used to be? Go and read about Chernobyl. Then you will know who they are. But they gave up everything. See eh! Make we no see wetin pass us in this life.

All they want is peace. Life has treated them so harshly. So, no one expects Putin can do it. It is just taboo. Moscow, St Petersburg, and Kiev are brothers. The leaders of the old USSR. It is just wrong. This invasion is wrong.

These kids posting rubbish here are not informed. I am so ashamed of the level of what we know as Nigerians. This is an indication of the level of our educational system.

This money is late sir. I am sorry. But what NATO refused to know is that Putin may move forward after defeating Ukraine. Estonia and Latvia are NATo members and are part of the old USSR. But first Finland is already panicking. Cos they are already saying if NATO can leave Ukraine, they will leave them too. So, Finland may not go ahead with NATO again. When Putin sees this...believe me, he may attack Estonia and Latvia if truly he wants USSR back.

Then, it will be late. The signal would have been sent. China too may just attack Taiwan. And then N.Korea too attack South Korea. We know they are all into that thing together. Since they know the only thing preventing them from attacking their neighbors is NATO. And since NATO is a toothless bulldog, they will just do it.

So, I do not understand the plan of NATO. Cos to me they are a toothless bulldog with what is happening in Ukraine. This is the reality on the ground.

Why push Ukraine far when they know they aren't going to fight? The Ukrainian president said that all our allies have left us alone. So, what the crap is this money going to do when the president is in the front war already. So, he will leave and go operate swift to wire it to start buying weapons? I don't understand.

And then, Biden left White House yesterday to go rest in Delaware. Hmmmm. It says a lot, sir. I don't want to say too much.

To me, we may have two world powers if we aren't careful here. And to hand over power to Putin is too dangerous.
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by obanioluorun: 8:57am On Feb 26, 2022
Topmaike007:
"sink Russia" grin cheesy you are funny why provide money instead of Weapons who will sell it now go and check how much Russia budgeted for the war
is America will are taking about here, they won't go to the war until they see the reliable prove that the war is won before starting, America is now showing interest oh Russia is finish.
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:57am On Feb 26, 2022
Kolena:

Aimless being who posts on virtually every thread, at every hour. Today is Saturday, go do something meaningful. *Spits
Thanks for that.. kiss
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:58am On Feb 26, 2022
kay29000:

We're not talking Zee World here... What do you know about politics and war?
What's the point in having a conversation with you? undecided
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by Kolena: 8:58am On Feb 26, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Taking up arm and protecting myself like I did some hour ago.. cry
As usual, utter rubbish. Mad being.
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by Voldoz: 8:59am On Feb 26, 2022
Broveens42:

Because they know the money will be re-looted back to them ..
If they are sincere about helping the poor, they should reach an agreement with central bank of governments to remit funds directly to accounts of individuals

Bro it doesn't work that way, moreover this will be an eye opener if Nigeria like make them day jonz ordinary Ghana here day threaten our citizens and we just day chill, Cameroon claim bakassi we no talk, see we gats man up oo cause one day Ghana or Cameroon go invade us cause currently Nigerian forces are very very weak.
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by Masterito(m): 8:59am On Feb 26, 2022
Russia will prevent anything that will activate article 5.
PeaceJoyLove:

Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:59am On Feb 26, 2022
Soffyh:
lol immature comments, maybe u got famly in Ukraine, if u know how closely Russia and China is? This already planned game,u see dey are shadow marking each other, let USA try shit ,dey will smell poops ,they wan use Ukraine to prey USA grin grin this China Russia no get joy
What you are Saying is different from what is happening.. wink
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by BESTScientist1: 8:59am On Feb 26, 2022
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:59am On Feb 26, 2022
Kolena:

As usual, utter rubbish. Mad being.
Thanks..
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by fairwilliams: 9:00am On Feb 26, 2022
I was online all tru the mid9t till 5:30am.
And nothing like US helping hand. Even us citizen as well as uk are blaming JOE BIDEN.
the only hlp was that he said he's gonna evacuate ZELENSKY (UKRAINE) president which he turned him down and said he's gonna stand by and fight. He's in Kyiv the capital of ukraine.
In 1990 ukraine promise to stop their nuclear weapon plant after reaching and agreement with USA & UK that they'll provide them with adequate security.
Uk&USA r jst a liar that's y ukrainian president unfollow all the WORLD LEADER on twitter. Poland sent military equipment to ukraine as at 3:15am and it got there safely men PUTIN might be assassinated too cox b4 he declared that missile to be launch to kyiv. An air defence frm russia also said things may go back against PUTIN.

if putin achieved ukraine.
He'll then target SWEEDEN,POLAND AND FINLAND.
the man is trying to control them cox he think there's nothing he can do since he's in control of nuclear weapon and some military weapon
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 26, 2022
[quote author=FERNANDEZISBACK post=110559430]Who's gonna provide for Putin the bloody dictator? cheesy
Even your closest Ally China kept mute and refuse to involve themself in this issue cos they know his invasion was uncalled for..

Putin will be disgraced and his economy will go down the drain..let's see how he plan on surviving this..
Evil is evil..a bully is what Putin is and no matter how he tries he will never achieve his evil
motive against Ukraine and the world..[/quot]
Did you say the same thing against George Bush and Tony Blair when they killed innocent Iraqis, women and Children inclusive and destroyed the country by bypassing the UN or you were not yet born then?

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by SmartyPants(m): 9:00am On Feb 26, 2022
Bounceboune7:
what about China n north korea

What u don't know is that those people are observing from afar, now that U.S. wants to put mouth Russia allies too will not fold their hands,they just want to wrestle world power with U.S..

I see this as more of supremacy tussle in which Ukraine is d sacrificial lamb

This is a genuinely hilarious comment.

America has not just decided to put mouth. They have been involved from day one. They have been sending tons of military aid since Trump days.

You must abstain from commenting on foreign affairs henceforth! Definitely not your area of strength sir.

Are you aware China just abstained from voting on security council action against Russia? Do you know the impication of that?

North Korea can never get involved. You think war is cheap?? North Korea that has no economy to speak of...a nation that is ubder existential pressure?

My friend please get out of this place.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by franchasng: 9:00am On Feb 26, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Honestly Ukraine messed up by decommissioning their nuclear weapons. They shouldn't have listened to US and their useless NATO allies.

If Ukraine had their nuclear weapon to date, Russia will never dare attack them.

People are saying Russia don't want any member of former USSR to join NATO, but Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania are all members of NATO, if Russia is that fearless let them attack them na.

2 Likes

Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by Rebuke: 9:00am On Feb 26, 2022
edmaraja:

You don't just sound like it, you are actually a big fool, very stupid and shallow. Bloody ignoramus

Lol. How else do we know yhur type? Bitter leaf cheesy

Bitter soul with wrinkled face grin grin grin grin grin

Just go and hang yhurself already kiss cheesy
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by Ochys87: 9:01am On Feb 26, 2022
Igbofam:
Up to $350m would be in military aid, while remaining is for ‘overall assistance’

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-ukraine-war-joe-biden-b2023821.html?amp
For nairalanders that dont know what is going on, here's a brief story of the conflict..Russia and Ukraine has being best neighbors and former soviets states until the the violent Maiden coup in 2014 sponsored by United States. There is a leaked audio between Victoria nuland Asist. Secretary general of United States and Geoffrey ambassador of United States to Ukraine inwhich Victoria nuland suggested who was going to head Ukraine, u can look it up, Google is ur friend. This coup lead to a civil war in Ukraine, Crimea voted to be part of Russia (western media won't tell u this), then Donbass and Lugansk wanted nothing to do with Ukraine as it is being controlled by the United States, these two several regions wanted to b sovereign States.. Ukraine constantly attacked this regions killing people in Donbass and Lugansk, cut off water supply and electricity in those separatist region. Note that over 80% of people in Donbass and Lugansk are Russia speaking people. Then there was the Minsk agreement held by Ukraine, Russia, Germany and France, this agreement states that Donbass and Lugansk would be granted a special autonomous status and Ukraine must stop attacking people in those separatist region. Ukraine refuse to keep this agreement and has continously attacked these regions for 8yrs now. Anytime Russia complains about Ukrainian attacked on Donbass and Lugansk, the United States respond that these are separatist state and should be dealt with. Note for those following the western narrative saying Russia wants to reclaim soviets states, thats a lie, Russia did not claim this regions but recognize them as sovereign states, this made Ukraine mad, Ukraine attacked again and Russia is responding, according to UN over 14000 has lost their life in those separatist region, no one cares but when Russia started helping those region to retaliate, everyone is calling putin all manner of names.
Mind U three pro Russia news media have closed down in Ukraine, all pro Russia politicians in Ukraine parliament has been jailed, so much for a democratic country
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:01am On Feb 26, 2022
BritishNaija:

China with their cunning ways, China only think about their own benefits.
Haha I tell you..
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by Elsueno: 9:01am On Feb 26, 2022
cheesy
What the U.S does best.....
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:01am On Feb 26, 2022
[quote author=ademola721gmai post=110561030][/quote]
And what were their reasons?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Britain To Send Ukraine Starstreak Missiles – The World’s Fastest Projectiles / How Donald Trump Lost America - Bloomberg / Massive Number Of Ravens In Kiev’s Skies Causes The Locals To Fear ( Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.