Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,753 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine (37185 Views)

Biden Signs Same-sex Marriage Into Law amid funfare (Video, Photos) / Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance / Biden Signs Order Banning Supply Of Dollar Bills To Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by obanioluorun: 9:20am On Feb 26, 2022
Voldoz:

Bro America is more powerful than Russia but they won't be considering a war with Russia except it affects them directly.

Infact no country will not even china cause war is one thing and backlash in economy is another and they are not ready for that.

Both countries possesses deadly nukes to wipe out both civilizations so both of can't take that route.

China didn't support Russia because we can remember what US did to Japan (it wasn't funny I condemn the act though) but still it's not worth it.

If Ukrainians still possess those nukes from their Soviet union days trust me Russia would have think twice and that's the reason NATO are remaining cautious about the issue.
on point.
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:20am On Feb 26, 2022
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by baralatie(m): 9:20am On Feb 26, 2022
neuf:

go and update yourself first.

NATO never ask Ukraine to give up anything. The Budapest agreement was made with US, UK and Russia for Ukraine and Hungary to give up their arsenal and if one of the nuclear power attack them, the others will defend them.
something that is not a secret yet you deliberately left the part were Russia has broken that agreement to blame NATO for nothing.

The $2billion package in financial and military aid that was given to Ukraine before this war is called what. Jeez. like which century are you?

The Javelin anti-tank missiles, ammunition trucks going from Poland, Estonia, Latvia to Ukraine, how did they get authorisation to give out US military weapons without US approval?

Finland PM just gave a statement that Putin show is very likely to push them to join NATO. Finland and Sweden and here you are saying the opposite.

NATO for the first time has activated it's defense force and you're thinking Russia that can't even achieve air superiority over Ukraine after 3 days can't dare to attack Estonia Latvia and Lithuania.

I really would love to see Putin try.
So the badapest was for Russia to actually protect Ukraine
And now it is The opposite .
It is Russia invading Ukraine!!

Wow!
This is not looking good for Putin

which means that the Russian invasion of Ukraine was uncalled for na
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by silibaba: 9:21am On Feb 26, 2022
tito44:
Ukraine should come and take me. I want to fight for them.

That money is huge oo

You think say na banger/knockout/fireworks tinz
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by djseanjohn77: 9:22am On Feb 26, 2022
Igbofam:
Up to $350m would be in military aid, while remaining is for ‘overall assistance’

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-ukraine-war-joe-biden-b2023821.html?amp
WHY ARE US HAVING MILITARY BASES EVERYWHERE? WHY IS NATO HAVING ITS LARGEST BASE NEAR RUSSIA AS PROVIDED BY UKRAINE ....The war is a bigger one, the NATO forces just wants to subdue Russia at all cost, then get control of its nuclear weapons. Ukraine is just but a puppet.
You know whatever sanctions they have on Russia, has been underground since 2014
Go and make research, all these present sanctions will not have an effect on Russia...Since 2014, Putin has saved up for this day, he has diverted business lines, formed new alliances, increase war equipment.
Even the UK and US know that Russia is prepared more than ever
They are not even using any of their special war equipment in Ukraine....
They are just fighting normal war battles, imagine they deploy their powerful war equipment, it will be devastating and genocidal. If you ask? what are the West benefitting by sacrificing Ukraine as the sacrificial lamb?
To create more enemies for Russia, the more enemies you have around you, the more alliance the enemies will have with the West
You shud ask, why is US having military bases all over the continent?
Is it because they are too generous to provide security to other smaller nations or to carry out their own agenda.... The real deal? people are shying away from....they don't want to admit that they are directly involved
Ukraine will never have the gut to face Russia, never in this world....if they don't have some sort of backup
Believe me, German, US, UK, France, all have their troops on the ground in Ukraine.....maybe not much at the moment. Once US/UK are able to neutralize Russia, they know they can combine to destroy China, and either way, if they declare direct war on Russia, they know China and Korea will combine and fight alongside Russia.....The fight is a bigger egoistic politically motivated one. Ukraine is a brother to Russia but wants to romance with US and the West....thereby giving freedom for military bases and access to the West to enable them to launch attacks or constant threats on Russia. I am not a fan of all of them, they are devilish and satanic. US and UK still codedly enslaving the puppets nations across the world

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by WowSweetGuy(m): 9:22am On Feb 26, 2022
So na MONEY Putin wan use cover shame

Abeg send NATO and fight
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by PencilBox: 9:22am On Feb 26, 2022
tefishy:
."THEY GOT MONEY FOR WARS BUT CANT FEED THE POOR" - TUPAC SHAKUR 1993

Deep! cry
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by IgOga(m): 9:23am On Feb 26, 2022
Russia will steal or destroy these weapons
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 26, 2022
anonymous1759:

Before the Ukraine invasion some of you said If Russia dare invade USA will show them Pepe. Now the narrative has changed
failure of NATO to admit Ukraine is pointing to one signal . They’re scared of RUSSIA. believe it or not.

Those with vast knowledge of world politics knew the US would never send their troops to Ukraine to fight a war. Even before Russia invaded Ukraine, Biden had said no US soldiers would be sent to Ukraine to fight. So what else do you want to hear?

The reluctance of NATO to admit Ukraine into the alliance had nothing to do with Russia. At the time Ukraine made their intentions to join Nato, they were fighting a war with seperatists in eastern Ukraine and one of the articles of NATO States that no country who is in any form of conflict can be admitted into NATO (which makes sense because if that is not the case, every country with any internal or external conflict would want to join Nato so that NATO would inherit their conflict).

They are scared of Russia and some Russia neighbours are already in NATO? Lol. On the contrary, Putin and Russia is scared of the US and NATO. He has be begging for security guarantees. He has been crying that NATO is encircling Russia. So, who is scared of who?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by lasisi69(f): 9:25am On Feb 26, 2022
nilivu:
Send arms my friend!! Money will do nothing.
are you okay at all ??

The money is equivalent to weapons undecided

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by masix11(m): 9:25am On Feb 26, 2022
Premiumwriter:
swears.

It's so sad to see many Nigerians support Putin..

If he doesn't want Ukraine to join NATO then he should offer them a better deal instead of bullying them.

It should even be a thing of shame to him, that the Ukrainians who are neighbors with most Russian people would prefer to be his enemies' allies than align with him.

Says a lot about the man.
Try to understand international politics. The people of Ukraine will not want war with Russia but Ukraine president is been used by America. Do you know Ukraine president was Installed through a coup? Same coup American is against?
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by doffman: 9:26am On Feb 26, 2022
franchasng:
You people are overeating Russian military power. Ordinary Ukraine without a powerful military have dealt a big blow on Russia already.

They have downed 2 massive Russian military passenger planes, killing hundreds of Russian troops.

15 Russian fighter jets destroyed.

5 attack helicopters gone.

Hundreds of Russian ground troops killed already.

Ukraine have achieved this without any high level anti missile, imagine when NATO and EU supply them with antil missile and anti aircraft systems, Russia won't find it funny.

The problem is among NATO and EU members are saboteurs and enablers of Putin. Take for instance Turkish Erdogan and German, with Italy. Even Joe Biden is acting as a sabo

Am very sure you are watching CNN.

Do you know that Russian army are very close to Kiev as am typing this .

Russian army are being careful in their military advancement; They work with target not with general destruction in mind .
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by dettolgel: 9:26am On Feb 26, 2022
Bounceboune7:
what about China n north korea

What u don't know is that those people are observing from afar, now that U.S. wants to put mouth Russia allies too will not fold their hands,they just want to wrestle world power with U.S..

I see this as more of supremacy tussle in which Ukraine is d sacrificial lamb

If this drags out for a long time Russia will be in financial ruin. Building and maintaining an empire requires a very deep pocket and I don't see Russia having that much.

North Korea don't either and sending funds and troops will worsen the situation over there. China has the money and manpower but as it stands it seems China cherishes its new found wealth and would like to keep it that way than involve in needless war.

I might be wrong though about China's intention.

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by Viridis(m): 9:28am On Feb 26, 2022
prettyboi1:

Russia hostile? Even though Russia is a very strong country militarily, how many times have you ever heard that it was hostile or started trouble? Every single person no matter how calm or gentle will fight for their intetest/right if/when they have to talk less of a calm strong person.

Secondly, Ukraine & Russia (just like many former soviet countries) are sister-countries & are traditionally friends/allies so Russia typically would never have attacked Ukraine. Even when I schooled with people who were from former soviet countries, they all revered Russia & each of their former soviet countries. Now, the president of Ukraine(Zelensky) let the west; US, NATO & EU deceive him. They (US, NATO & EU) took advantage of him being a novice leader in the hopes that Russia won't do anything & when Russia started to show that it won't tolerate their rubbish, they abandoned him.

No right-thinking, pro-active leader would let an enemy military come & settle beside his country as that would mean danger to his/her country. The Ukrainian president should have known that fact, it's common sense. What are US & NATO(sworn enemies of Russia) looking for in territory that borders Russia? I would have done the same thing if I was Putin or if I was president of any country in the same position as Russia.
They are not hostile why did they annex Crimea and did you hear there one of there excuses for invading Ukraine? To denazify it. Which Nazi is in Ukraine whose president is a Jew?

And do you mean Ukraine should not associate with a country of her choice? Did they join NATO? Has U.S or NATO built any base in Ukraine?
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by Mccullum: 9:29am On Feb 26, 2022
franchasng:
Put a no fly zone restriction over Ukraine and protect Ukraine air space against air attacks and let them handle ground troops.

This is the best help US and EU can offer Ukraine right now since they can't send in troops

Russia will veto it
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by doffman: 9:30am On Feb 26, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

I am telling you..most of these Putin puppet are clueless..

When your mentor America invaded Libyan and Iraq few years , why can't you call America evil ?
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:31am On Feb 26, 2022
doffman:

When your mentor America invaded Libyan and Iraq few years , why can't you call America evil ?
And what was their reasons for that?
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by Salowise: 9:32am On Feb 26, 2022
Samething that happened in Nigeria civil war, were the UK assisted Nigeria by providing weapons and other assistance to fight the people of biafra. You don't expect the US to fight with Ukraine against Russia because it's not their war they can only offer assistance and place sanction on Russia which they have done. I believe Ukraine will later pick up because they were not ready for the war, Russia first retreated so they never knew putin will take them unaware
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by doffman: 9:32am On Feb 26, 2022
djseanjohn77:
WHY ARE US HAVING MILITARY BASES EVERYWHERE? WHY IS NATO HAVING ITS LARGEST BASE NEAR RUSSIA AS PROVIDED BY UKRAINE ....The war is a bigger one, the NATO forces just wants to subdue Russia at all cost, then get control of its nuclear weapons. Ukraine is just but a puppet.
You know whatever sanctions they have on Russia, has been underground since 2014
Go and make research, all these present sanctions will not have an effect on Russia...Since 2014, Putin has saved up for this day, he has diverted business lines, formed new alliances, increase war equipment.
Even the UK and US know that Russia is prepared more than ever
They are not even using any of their special war equipment in Ukraine....
They are just fighting normal war battles, imagine they deploy their powerful war equipment, it will be devastating and genocidal. If you ask? what are the West benefitting by sacrificing Ukraine as the sacrificial lamb?
To create more enemies for Russia, the more enemies you have around you, the more alliance the enemies will have with the West
You shud ask, why is US having military bases all over the continent?
Is it because they are too generous to provide security to other smaller nations or to carry out their own agenda.... The real deal? people are shying away from....they don't want to admit that they are directly involved
Ukraine will never have the gut to face Russia, never in this world....if they don't have some sort of backup
Believe me, German, US, UK, France, all have their troops on the ground in Ukraine.....maybe not much at the moment. Once US/UK are able to neutralize Russia, they know they can combine to destroy China, and either way, if they declare direct war on Russia, they know China and Korea will combine and fight alongside Russia.....The fight is a bigger egoistic politically motivated one. Ukraine is a brother to Russia but wants to romance with US and the West....thereby giving freedom for military bases and access to the West to enable them to launch attacks or constant threats on Russia. I am not a fan of all of them, they are devilish and satanic. US and UK still codedly enslaving the puppets nations across the world

Don't mind them . Those supporting America and NATO are hypocrite .
Russia is fighting for its existence ; I only pity poor Ukraine who used as a war lunching pad.

1 Like

Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by Premiumwriter: 9:34am On Feb 26, 2022
Afonjashapmouth:
We think differently by studying to understand and not listen to follow trends like puppets like.you. Jesus gave us brain btw
and so we should believe you?
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by Afonjashapmouth: 9:36am On Feb 26, 2022
I dont even know you so why should i even care what you do with yourself?
bro run along!
Premiumwriter:
and so we should believe you?
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by Kaiser20: 9:37am On Feb 26, 2022
Today's war is NOT a matter of win vs loss.
Russia and NATO know that today is not 1945, it's more dangerous than we can imagine.
America and Russia must respect each other and stay on their lanes for peace to rain.
America should Stop bulling some nations, the season is gone.
The world is interconnected today.
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by uniquetechng: 9:37am On Feb 26, 2022
Broveens42:

Because they know the money will be re-looted back to them ..
If they are sincere about helping the poor, they should reach an agreement with central bank of governments to remit funds directly to accounts of individuals
seem you are a kid, even your country cant remit money into citizens account, even China that was able to lift their citizens out of poverty didn't send money into their accounts.

You hold your leaders accountable and ask them what they have been doing with all the grants and loans they got from the West, Tinubu, Amaechi, Akpabio, Oshomole, Ganduje, e.t.c are all billionaires today because they looted the money meant for the development of the country, thats not the fault of America.

Bill Gates alone has spent over $14tn in Nigeria to fight and eradicate polio, many of the funds were looted by politicians as well.
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by Premiumwriter: 9:40am On Feb 26, 2022
Afonjashapmouth:
I dont even know you so why should i even care what you do with yourself?
bro run along!
once you post things here, it doesn't matter whether you know the members personally or not.

I guess your Jesus given brain can reason that simple fact as well
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by doffman: 9:40am On Feb 26, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

And what was their reasons for that?
The same reason for America to invade poor Libya and Iraq is the same applied to Russia.

Let be a just person .

We are all human being.
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 26, 2022
neuf:

go and update yourself first.

NATO never ask Ukraine to give up anything. The Budapest agreement was made with US, UK and Russia for Ukraine and Hungary to give up their arsenal and if one of the nuclear power attack them, the others will defend them.
[s]something that is not a secret yet you deliberately left the part were Russia has broken that agreement to blame NATO for nothing. [/s]

The $2billion package in financial and military aid that was given to Ukraine before this war is called what. Jeez. like which century are you?

The Javelin anti-tank missiles, ammunition trucks going from Poland, Estonia, Latvia to Ukraine, how did they get authorisation to give out US military weapons without US approval?

Finland PM just gave a statement that Putin show is very likely to push them to join NATO. Finland and Sweden and here you are saying the opposite.

NATO for the first time has activated it's defense force and you're thinking Russia that can't even achieve air superiority over Ukraine after 3 days can't dare to attack Estonia Latvia and Lithuania.

I really would love to see Putin try.
There is no need to argue with you as the highlighted part and the underlined part put it clearly. Your way of interpreting it is your weakness. So, if there was an agreement, and Russia backed out, and there was a promise that they will be defended, and they gave it up....do you make sense at all?

Who is NATO? From what you see...is it not the US? I don't want to go into details cos I will just waste my time with you and what should not be said openly will. Half baked like you always want to show you know.

You better go update yourself. Just ask anyone the part I have shown you in your post and hear the response.

You are funny. Just look at how you showed your skill to interpret, study, and predict is weak. I know you will return to argue, but I don't with your level. Seriously, take a deep breath and look at the highlighted part and the underlined. cheesy

I need to correct you...Funland said they need to review and debate joining NATO. This is what the Prime Minister said. Stop misinforming people.

Lastly, you said it is taking too long to conquer Ukraine. hmm. You are funny. Go update yourself. There is a video where Biden openly said he doesnt want war with Russia with one of the largest military cos it is automatically 3rd world war. Go update yourself. And it seems you know nothing about military strategy. So you don't still get it that Putin is using what is called putting fear in your enemy. And look at the strategy. They captured Chernobyl. Lol. You don't get it. You know nothing about war. I won't tell you the reason for that. But that's a signal. That scared the heck out of Moscow cos they never thought it was going to be his first step. I don't see it coming too. Boy, go update yourself. I don't have your time. So, you think a mission based on peacekeeping will be complete [destruction? You know nothing about military strategy. All of you just post anything and anyhow on NL cos the internet is cheap. Na waooo.

And your $2billion package....is that the debate? Are you okay at all? We are talking of the newly released $600m. Do you even reason well? Biden left $600m and moved to Delaware yesterday. He has left White House. Is this not what we are talking about? Do you really understand the body language there? I see that you need help. Seriously. You need it.

O boy...go good school too. No stop education now ooo cos you gat so much to learn. Attend where your cognitive skill will be developed.

Good luck.
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:41am On Feb 26, 2022
doffman:

The same reason for America to invade poor Libya and Iraq is the same applied to Russia.

Let be a just person .

We are all human being.
Pls kindly answer my question..
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by LordReed(m): 9:43am On Feb 26, 2022
tefishy:
."THEY GOT MONEY FOR WARS BUT CANT FEED THE POOR" - TUPAC SHAKUR 1993

The tragedy of human indifference.
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 26, 2022
Masterito:
Russia will prevent anything that will activate article 5.
Let's say for now. Ukraine victory can "ginger" him to move forward.

I don't want to say too much. Hmmmm!
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 26, 2022
franchasng:
US can put a no fly zone over Ukraine to protect civilian lives without having ground troops in Ukraine.

A no fly zone can be implemented using sophisticated precision anti missile and anti aircraft systems which won't require ground troops in Ukraine.

If EU implements that, Russia will have no option than to stop the invasion and seek for dialogue or use ground troops.

Russia can't afford to use nuclear weapon against nuclear armed nations, Putin is not as mad as you people think. China is already deserting him and reports say Putin is worried over that cos he was banking on China's full support.

Even Turkey a NATO member refused to blockade Russia from using the black sea to access Ukraine, that's to tell you that the only reason Putin is acting too powerful is because he have enablers among EU and NATO members who are his coded personal friends.

Even Trump I held in high esteem was supporting Putin, you can imagine if he was US President right now.

The world is doomed, present leaders of world powers of today are cowards, traitors and corrupt oligarchs

Oga, no need for this long talk. I am a strong supporter of the US/Nato and Ukraine but I am letting you know that a no fly zone is not imposed from a distance. Forget your talk about precision weapons and co. You must have your troops and weapons at the theatre of war to impose a no fly zone. It was what happened in Libya. You can't be in the US or Poland and impose a no fly zone in Ukraine. It doesn't work that way. Do you even know that if US and EU impose a no fly zone over Ukraine, they have already entered the war? Do you know that? US/NATO and EU said they don't want to fight in Ukraine, you are saying they should impose a no fly zone over Ukraine. Does that make sense to you? Or you don't know that if they impose a no fly zone, they have already involved themselves in the war.

You said Turkey didn't block Russia from using the black sea to invade Ukraine. Some of you are very ignorant Sha. Do you know that the black sea is international waters? So, you expect Turkey to prevent another country from using international waters? Do you know that if Turkey had done that, it would be an act of war against Russia? What you are saying would have made sense if Russia used Turkey's territorial waters to invade Ukraine. But for you to say that because Russia used the black sea to invade Ukraine and Turkey didn't block Russia means you know nothing about international relations and world politics. The Black Sea is bordered by Bulgaria, Georgia, Romania, Russia, Turkey, and Ukraine and none of them can stop one another from using the sea.

Putin has backers and enablers in NATO and EU? Abeg go sleep!
Re: Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine by Ichabodcrane(m): 9:45am On Feb 26, 2022
Bounceboune7:
what about China n north korea

What u don't know is that those people are observing from afar, now that U.S. wants to put mouth Russia allies too will not fold their hands,they just want to wrestle world power with U.S..

I see this as more of supremacy tussle in which Ukraine is d sacrificial lamb
Do you know why China and North Korea will do nothing? Because it's not just US they will be facing. They will also consider US allies.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Britain To Send Ukraine Starstreak Missiles – The World’s Fastest Projectiles / How Donald Trump Lost America - Bloomberg / Massive Number Of Ravens In Kiev’s Skies Causes The Locals To Fear ( Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.