Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" (34674 Views)

China Says It Conducted 'Readiness Patrol' Around Taiwan / China's Says Their Friendship With Russia Is "Rock Solid" / China Says Guantanamo Bay Is The Real "Detention Camp" For Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by blasterman(m): 3:55pm On Feb 27, 2022
Truthisunique2:
grin grin Putin don dey beg China to speak Against sanction on his behalf

If Ukraine is a sovereign state then it has its right to determine who it alligns with

Swallow your pride and woo Ukraine, everything no be force

The two people who are fighting is Nato Vs Russia on Ukrainian soil.

NAto wants to Expand into Russia and is doing so steathily Russsia got wind of it and decide to act before Nato plans are completed.

Look at the amount of ammunition being pumped into Ukraine

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by NGpatriot: 3:55pm On Feb 27, 2022
ivolt:
Of course, China will speak out against sanctions as it is also a victim of many sanctions.

But what Putin really needs from China is an outright declaration of support.
Unfortunately for Putin, China has always been opposed to invading sovereign countries under any pretence.
It cannot back the invasion without destroying its long held anti-invasion stand.

The Chinese economy is closely tied to the American and western economies than to Russia so there's little Chinese interest in jumping into the same basket with Russia.

Chinese banks are already enforcing the global sanctions and these are not ordinary Chinese banks, they are state and government-owned banks so it's the Chinese government directly enforcing the sanctions against China.

Russia can no longer make critical electronic products including military products successfully because of global sanctions, they can not import raw materials, they can not transfer technology, not even from 3rd parties.

People don't want guilty by association or collateral damages.

Russia is in for a lot of bruising and as we speak, Russians are currently demonstrating against the war and by the time the sanctions start biting and crippling the Russian middle class, it could topple Putin and the Russian government.

Let's say Russia end up seizing the whole of Ukraine, then what? Do they have the money, strength and supplies to militarily and politically maintain an occupation or fight sustained Ukrainian insurgency heavily funded and supported by the rest of the world?

Russia once put their own puppet in charge in Ukraine, but the Ukrainian people rebelled and got rid of him so what's the point for Russia?

Putin is really acting very dumb, stupid and mentally irrational.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2022
perambulator:

I have never heard China, Russia etc colonize any African country, I have never heard China Russia tell anybody you must organize your country our way or else we impose sanctions, I have nevere heard Russia ior China say you must have same sex marraige or allow transgender nonsense etc or else we impose sanctions. I have never heard Russia or China create a world order and them tell everybody else you must conform or else!!! None of them are our friends but the Russians and chinese dont pretend to be our friends while trying to colonise us mentally! Whether you like it or not one of the reasons Nigeria doesnt work is because we have adopted a western style democracy that doesnt work for us!!!!

1.Russia has colonised several countries (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuainia, Poland, Finland, Kazhakstan, etc) invaded others (Afghansitan, etc) and manipulated governments elsewhere.

2.China has invaded other countries (Tibet) and is aggressively trying to dominate other South east asian countries. Also, economically dominating African countries (am sure people like you complain about Buhari taking chinese loans).

3.Western style democracy is rubbish, but the alternatives (dictatorship) are even worse.

4.USA still trades with us, despite our homophobia, as it does with most African countries. Trade must be done, even with cannibals (Lord Acton).

5.Africa is in a mess because we don't make gunpowder. (Only the wise get it)

3 Likes

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Ade3131: 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2022
Kingpin1000:

.should Russia allow NATO to build a base in Ukraine?

But how come the enemity between Russia and the West never affected their bilateral trade and sharing of scientific research knowledge?

Why is the west automatically a threat to Russia but business allies at the same time?

I'm just not getting it. If Russia knows that he detests the west so much, he should have stopped selling bent crude to them...I'm just not getting it.

1 Like

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by BloomingDale(f): 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2022
ivolt:
Of course, China will speak out against sanctions as it is also a victim of many sanctions.

But what Putin really needs from China is an outright declaration of support.
Unfortunately for Putin, China has always been opposed to invading sovereign countries under any pretence.
It cannot back the invasion without destroying its long held anti-invasion stand.

China that is awaiting the opportunity to invade Taiwan.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by joyandfaith: 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2022
Kingpin1000:

Has Ukraine joined nato? Germany has vetoed admission of Ukraine into NATO. The truth is that russia doesn't want a flourishing democratic and liberal nation in her border. Ukraine with more than 40m people would definely influence Russia.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
backbencher:

1.Russia has colonised several countries (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuainia, Poland, Finland, Kazhakstan, etc) invaded others (Afghansitan, etc) and manipulated governments elsewhere.

2.China has invaded other countries (Tibet) and is aggressively trying to dominate other South east asian countries. Also, economically dominating African countries (am sure people like you complain about Buhari taking chinese loans).

3.Western style democracy is rubbish, but the alternatives (dictatorship) are even worse.

4.USA still trades with us, despite our homophobia, as it does with most African countries. Trade must be done, even with cannibals (Lord Acton).

5.Africa is in a mess because we don't make gunpowder. (Only the wise get it)

Wetin concern you, are they Africa? What they do in their background is their business.

No5 is why Russia and China etc are your friends because we have no gunpowder!!!
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Reference(m): 3:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
complexBoss12:
It's a pity that the people of Ukraine will be sacrificed for a new world order. As I said in my previous post few days ago, Putin would rather seen an end to the world than end like Hitler, and just today, he put nuclear weapons on alert over sanctions.

Putin ain't playing by any rules.

Ukrainian President thinks it sounds good to "die a hero" But I will tell you guys for free "there is nothing heroic about death". If you have watched someone die, it's painful and inglorious.

Recognizing than someone is stronger than you is not a sign of weakness but strength. The president of Ukraine is being used as a pawn, in a game that is bigger him. He is sacrificing his people for stupid pride. It's a natural the weak, will be a subject to the strong. Talk to Putin, negotiate. mind you that, Russia hasn't even started war, they are more less playing the deplomatic game of threatening you to come for negotiation, if they decide to end Ukraine in 24 hours it will be done.

You can still quote me and talk rubbish, but sentiment don't win wars. I am being practical here. In international politics, once deplomacy fails, people get hurt.

His country does not want to join the Soviet Union. What is so hard to understand about that.

1 Like

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
chronique:

That was what Putin asked them for. That they maintain neutrality just like Finland. Finland has never been under any threat from Russia and they have been living peacefully as neighbors cos they maintain the principle of neutrality. They are not in NATO.

Putin also wants them to put in place governments that answer to him, same as the US wants governments that are favourable to them. Either way, Ukraine wants its own freedom( and for its legit government, staying under NATO is the answer. For me it is crap, but there we have it). Invasion is not the answer.

At the end, for me, it is two power blocs fighting each other for power using NATO and Russia as their proxies. That is the way of the world.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by olas24u(f): 3:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
Truthisunique2:

If Ukraine is a sovereign state then it has its right to determine who it alligns with

seems you dont even know ukraine was created by Russians,there was no ukraine as a country in history

3 Likes

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by AntonVince: 3:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
China must understand that there is no further basis now for acceding to Russia's security demands, upon their invasion of Ukraine.
Besides, Kremlin has shown with its intent of taking Kiev that it has far more objectives than just halting NATO's Eastward expansion.

What security guarantee will Ukraine get by staying neutral? The answer is obvious for everyone to see now.

Putin got this all wrong.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by chronique(m): 3:59pm On Feb 27, 2022
neuf:
Let's take a back seat for a second.

Like do this people what it will mean for NATO to be like we can't accept Ukraine because Russia said so?

an outsider dictating for a bloc?

imagine you going to the Army to tell them not to accept your brother's application. Who give you such loud?

That's not what it implies. Before you take decisions on a global level, you need to understand the history of the countries involved, understand how NATO came into existence and how it affects Russia as a country. Russia is a world power just like America. You can't undermine her national security in any way. Ukraine should have maintained the principle of neutrality like Finland. If that had been done, we would not be having this discussion.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Suspect33(m): 4:00pm On Feb 27, 2022
sweetjohn:
In your wide wide dreams. This is what we have been hearing even before the ww2 many years ago. USA will still power the world for the next 200yrs
ok
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by neuf(m): 4:00pm On Feb 27, 2022
Lifestone:

But a pro Russian government was elected and ruling till 2014 when it was violently overthrown.
How do you allow you enemies to encamp at his door step

so Ukrainians cannot decide for themselves again?

when Warsaw pact broke beginning the end of the Soviet Union by people revolution, was it the west that started that one too?

When thousands died just to cross from East Germany to West Germany. Was it the west that was bribing them to undertake such risk?

Belarus, Russia ally is having a referendum to decide whether to Join the EU or not, is it the West that's calling the shot there too?

You guys always talk as if Ukrainians are zombies or robots that don't have a mind of their own and can't decide shit

1 Like

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by MrDebonair: 4:00pm On Feb 27, 2022
complexBoss12:
It's a pity that the people of Ukraine will be sacrificed for a new world order. As I said in my previous post few days ago, Putin would rather seen an end to the world than end like Hitler, and just today, he put nuclear weapons on alert over sanctions.

Ukrainian President thinks it sounds good to "die a hero" But I will tell you guys for free "there is nothing heroic about death". If you have watched someone die, it's painful and inglorious.

Recognizing than someone is stronger than you is not a sign of weakness but strength. The president of Ukraine is being used as a pawn, in a game that is bigger him. He is sacrificing his people for stupid pride. It's a natural the weak, will be a subject to the strong. Talk to Putin, negotiate. mind you that, Russia hasn't even started war, they are more less playing the deplomatic game of threatening you to come for negotiation, if they decide to end Ukraine in 24 hours it will be done.

You can still quote me and talk rubbish, but sentiment don't win wars. I am being practical here. In international politics, once deplomacy fails, people get hurt.

Spewing Trash. Putin should press the button. Let's see how it would end. Just because US and NATO are refusing to make threats doesn't imply that they are stupid and not prepared.

1 Like

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 27, 2022
perambulator:

Wetin concern you, are they Africa? What they do in their background is their business.

Good, so you are just supporting one big power over the other. Russia is just like the US and like repellent like.

As for me, non-alignment is the way. US and Russia can go and sleep for all I care.

Countries that need to change need change from within..not an invader setting up shop in them. Which incidentally, is how the US and Russia grew up in the first place from backwater nations to the powers they are. Changed themselves.

Other nations don't get it. Ukraine in partucular.

1 Like

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by ayindejimmy(m): 4:02pm On Feb 27, 2022
After they have already invaded Ukraine?
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Danwakae(m): 4:02pm On Feb 27, 2022
Kingpin1000:

So it's a reason why Russia should attack a sovereign state , Ukraine , is Ukraine under rulership of Russia ??, Invading another country ??... It is clear oppression, because of it were to be one of the super power country bordering Russian , this shit can't happen...it's a pure oppression and dictatorship ...now Ukraine can't make decision on its own ?... Walahi.
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by 4good(m): 4:02pm On Feb 27, 2022
Truthisunique2:

"Swallow your pride and woo Ukraine, everything no be force"

God bless you. That's exactly the very simple thing expected from a sane Russia. How dare Putin toe the path of bullying a fellow Sovereign nation into doing your biddings. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Drayco007(m): 4:03pm On Feb 27, 2022
I said it, putin is fighting for a just cause , the earlier you accept this , the better for you, the west is selfish, and forever will be.. My money is on putin , west go see shege..
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by gambojimeta: 4:03pm On Feb 27, 2022
Truthisunique2:

1 Like

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by ayenale1(m): 4:03pm On Feb 27, 2022
Russia should have built a wall like what Trump did to mexico instead of this war...let there be peace...if NATO send troops Putin will launch missiles o he knows what he meant by saying nobody should interfere
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by ayenale1(m): 4:03pm On Feb 27, 2022
Russia should have built a wall like what Trump did to mexico instead of this war...let there be peace...if NATO send troops Putin will launch missiles o he knows what he meant by saying nobody should interfere...
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Karemarealty288(m): 4:03pm On Feb 27, 2022
complexBoss12:

This is why I love Nairaland political analysts....

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by rickleye: 4:04pm On Feb 27, 2022
Truthisunique2:

Perfectly said !
They Ukraine have every right as a sovereign state to ally to whomever they want. You ( Russia) have proven to be a bully and reason why they don’t want you as ally. Democracy May be flawed by why would you choose Dictatorship as an alternative ( China + Russia) .
The fact that you have serious security concerns does not give you the right to invade and occupy a country.
I Dare you Putin to Attack a NATO allied country and you’ll get the war you have been itching for.

1 Like

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by kakaflex(m): 4:04pm On Feb 27, 2022
China can't be trusted
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 27, 2022
Kingpin1000:

Danwakae:

So it's a reason why Russia should attack a sovereign state , Ukraine , is Ukraine under rulership of Russia ??, Invading another country ??... It is clear oppression, because of it were to be one of the super power country bordering Russian , this shit can't happen...it's a pure oppression and dictatorship ...now Ukraine can't make decision on its own ?... Walahi.

Both of you make sense, seriously.

At the end, that's why both of you should not take sides here. Russia has no business invading Ukraine, and Ukraine has no business allowing an enemy of Russia to set up shop in its country.

2 Likes

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 27, 2022
backbencher:

Good, so you are just supporting one big power over the other. Russia is just like the US and like repellent like.

As for me, non-alignment is the way. US and Russia can go and sleep for all I care.

Countries that need to change need change from within..not an invader setting up shop in them. Which incidentally, is how the US and Russia grew up in the first place from backwater nations to the powers they are. Changed themselves.

Other nations don't get it. Ukraine in partucular.
I am not supporting one over the other. I kkep saying why is it Nigerians find it difficult to comprehend simple English? I said it is in our interest for there to be checks against the west, it is in our interests for there to be strong countries that will check the west because without the fear of these countries we are all fuck3d!!! This is a case of my enemies enemy is my friend...none of them are our friends!!!

it is not in our interest for countries like Russia, China etc etc to fall or be weakened, the world order is already too biased in favour of the west and they are bullies!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by gambojimeta: 4:05pm On Feb 27, 2022
NGpatriot:

The Chinese economy is closely tied to the American and western economies than to Russia so there's little Chinese interest in jumping into the same basket with Russia.

Chinese banks are already enforcing the global sanctions and these are not ordinary Chinese banks, they are state and government-owned banks so it's the Chinese government directly enforcing the sanctions against China.

Russia can no longer make critical electronic products including military products successfully because of global sanctions, they can not import raw materials, they can not transfer technology, not even from 3rd parties.

People don't want guilty by association or collateral damages.

Russia is in for a lot of bruising and as we speak, Russians are currently demonstrating against the war and by the time the sanctions start biting and crippling the Russian middle class, it could topple Putin and the Russian government.

Let's say Russia end up seizing the whole of Ukraine, then what? Do they have the money, strength and supplies to militarily and politically maintain an occupation or fight sustained Ukrainian insurgency heavily funded and supported by the rest of the world?

Russia once put their own puppet in charge in Ukraine, but the Ukrainian people rebelled and got rid of him so what's the point for Russia?

Putin is really acting very dumb, stupid and mentally irrational.

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by chronique(m): 4:05pm On Feb 27, 2022
Help2020:

If Russia line up missile in Canada will US agree? Make una dey use una sense abeg.

Most people are driven by their emotions and sentiments on this topic, and not logic. So, do not expect most of them to give meaningful answers or make meaningful comments. I think most of them do not even have an idea of the kind of relationship that has been brewing between US and Russia for over a century now.

3 Likes

Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by Fortune109: 4:06pm On Feb 27, 2022
complexBoss12:

Exactly!
Re: China Says The West Should Address Russia's "Legitimate Security Demands" by nomenclature(m): 4:07pm On Feb 27, 2022
Where do this kind humans come from .
Truthisunique2:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Graca Machel: Meet Woman Who Became First Lady Of Two Different Countries / Russia Displays Military Force At Annual Victory Day Parade(Photos) / Salman Rushdie On Ventilator, Liver Damaged, Likely To Lose One Eye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.