Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,489 members, 7,954,890 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:50 AM

Can You Marry A Man Who Lives In His Family House? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry A Man Who Lives In His Family House? (26784 Views)

Bride Cancels Wedding In Vom, Jos Over Groom’s Refusal To Leave Family House / 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' / 133-Year-Old Woman Who Lives On Top Of Olumo Rock (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry A Man Who Lives In His Family House? by gforce5: 1:29pm On Mar 09, 2022
Simples! This is simply a class problem. People criticize men from poor/working class families for still living with their parents at a certain age but look the other way if it's the son of rich couple. If the son of a traditional ruler was to ask the OP's niece's hand in marriage, this topic would not be on Nairaland. Us men should strive to ensure that our future generations will reap the rewards of our hard work.
Professorcplus:

Moral lesson:

Strive hard make a legacy and give your unborn children soft landing. Leaving your parents house or marrying in your parents house is mostly a topic for the poor.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Who Lives In His Family House? by Kobojunkie: 1:34pm On Mar 09, 2022
gforce5:
Simples! This is simply a class problem. People criticize men from poor/working class families for still living with their parents at a certain age but look the other way if it's the son of rich couple. If the son of a traditional ruler was to ask the OP's niece's hand in marriage, this topic would not be on Nairaland. Us men should strive to ensure that our future generations will reap the rewards of our hard work.
The simple reason for this is people accept that the rich parents will bail out there son in the case he does not amount to much on his own. Poor people who live in such hamlets can barely feed themselves talk less of bailing out a son who amounts to nothing. undecided

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Man Who Lives In His Family House? by Professorcplus(m): 2:39pm On Mar 09, 2022
gforce5:

Why some men strive for better future, some are only interested in procreating without proper planning.

That is why I don't even blame anybody decision especially ladies and their decision to marry rich dude.

Many has suffered from their poor parental background, so they can't afford to suffer again in martial home.

Their only hope is to get the gold and damn the consequences they face in marriage.

But in this thread, finding it difficult why a 21 year old girl is rushing to marry a 30+ man.

I hope her story turns out good else, her children and husband have a piece of her frustration.

Anyway the goal is to move away from trench for a better life. Cheer cool

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Man Who Lives In His Family House? by edunex(m): 10:39pm On Dec 11, 2022
mrksquare:

God bless you
I live with my wife in my family house. My dad built a storey building containing three bedroom and twin two bedroom and a one bed room. I was given two bedroom. My younger brother stays in the one bedroom. My parents stays in the three bedroom. My wife and I are living peacefully. My parents do not interfere neither do they even come to my apartment uninvited.

Meanwhile to rent a two bedroom flat in my area of PH goes for 600k per annum.

Nigeria is a difficult place. And anything to reduced the burden should be embraced. No condition is permanent.

Re: Can You Marry A Man Who Lives In His Family House? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:39am On Aug 27
Danyyyyyyyyyyy:

If you really love her a much as you say you do , do not let her go there ,my aunt got married at the age of 20 when I was still a child , she moved into her husband's family home and became their maid as the youngest family member ,

Even the children had freedom , for her it was always " where are you going? " , "What are you doing ?" " By this afternoon you're sleeping" not her husband oh , his people were the ones interrogating her and sending her on errands thy couldn't send the children , it didn't end well for her , the man travelled after like two years and married another person in Canada and hasn't returned since , noone told her but she continued to be their maid until our family found out and went to carry her because if it was only her she would have waited for him to come back and 18 years has passed , he still hasn't returned, just sends money to his family

I don't know what the man has promised your niece but you really need to convince her , because by the time she regrets it she won't have face to come back , it's better you do it now that she's with you .
Marriage is not first to do oh , both of them are still young , if she's being stubborn like that please confirm that she's not already pregnant because that's the only thing in my head right now , I'm also turning 21 by June I don't know what will make me want to go from my parents house to my husband's parents house , in fact I want to live alone even if it's just a year before I will consider marriage

It's a big red flag that at the age of 30 he is very okay with living in his family house
Even my dad managed to marry my mom in a very small one bedroom apartment , it wasn't much but no extra family drama , I sleep for parlor my parents sleep in the bedroom , my aunty slept in the kitchen corridor and there was peace

all families aren't the same... Besides some people love to live in large compounds
Re: Can You Marry A Man Who Lives In His Family House? by TravlSagHoliday: 3:42pm On Aug 27
I totally get where you're coming from. When I was in my early 20s, I moved in with my partner’s family, and it was pretty overwhelming. It felt like everyone’s business was my business, and having no personal space made things tense.

I think it's smart to ask your niece’s partner for a solid plan about where they’ll live. It’s a lot to ask of someone so young to start married life under one roof with a bunch of relatives. If it were me, I’d want to make sure they have a place of their own before tying the knot. It’s a big change and having a clear plan can help avoid unnecessary stress down the road.
Re: Can You Marry A Man Who Lives In His Family House? by Magnoliaa(f): 4:09pm On Aug 28
Nobody should marry a Luminouz undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' / Is Marriage For Me? / Who Should Be A Man's Next Of Kin Between His Mum And His Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.