Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act (35209 Views)

NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request / Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" / "It Means I Won" - Trump Reacts To Georgian Governor's Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by prophetfire: 12:24pm On Mar 02, 2022
JosephXavier:
Russia are loosing this war because they don't have any influence in international politics and secondly because they don't control the media

Russia needs to get themselves involved beyond Europe just like China did beyond Asia

China exported their language and culture(through Chinese movies and restaurants)

They exported their technology ( cars and electronic gadgets)

They exported their companies (Tecno, Hawaii and infinix)

They are exporting their intellects who work in other regions of the world and now control Africa in terms of business and Trade

That is the exact thing Russia should do

Export their language, invest in other countries ( I don't mean selling of AK 47 and military hardware to rebels) just as china did

Export their indigenous companies and invest more in IT and technologies

Export their goods more to Africa and Asia and even South America

Set up international media giants to protect their interests and project their voice just as US did with CNN

Open their border to immigrants (especially skilled immigrants) just as Canada is doing
. That's what I told a friend in church. You don't become world power and enjoy world dominance just by making weapons and selling AK47.
Export your life and values to other nations. Lift them financially and economically. You are damn right.

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by sematec(m): 12:26pm On Mar 02, 2022
the country far
JosephXavier:
Russia are loosing this war because they don't have any influence in international politics and secondly because they don't control the media

Russia needs to get themselves involved beyond Europe just like China did beyond Asia

China exported their language and culture(through Chinese movies and restaurants)

They are exporting their intellects who work in other regions of the world and now control Africa in terms of business and Trade

Export their language, invest in other countries ( I don't mean selling of AK 47 and military hardware to rebels) just as china did

Set up international media giants to protect their interests and project their voice just as US did with CNN

Open their border to immigrants (especially skilled immigrants) just as Canada is doing
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by grandlexuz(m): 12:27pm On Mar 02, 2022
jnhmaxxwell:

Lies from AFP, a zionist media propaganda of France.
For the west to declare a No-fly zone over the existing one in Ukraine. It will have to hack into the codes of the current one and change it to be able to declare its No-fly zone. These codes often change by the minute or seconds. The reason the west cannot declare a no-fly zone at this moment in Ukraine.

What else can they do, they can fire missiles from Poland or any country that allows it. This is what Israel has been doing in Syria since its f-16 jet was shut down by Syrian Panstir. They have been using the Lebanese airspace to fire missiles into the Syrian airspace.

If they try this with Ukraine, Russia will declare a no-fly zone over that country and it will mean more war. And more war means, first of all destroying all the air-defense system of such a country like Russia first did using CLUB missiles.

And you had 13 likes for this haphazardly typed analysis.
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by VirileNelly2420: 12:28pm On Mar 02, 2022
JosephXavier:

I only go with ur second to last suggestions. Creating an international media. He's already kinging in others. That u don't see Russian products at ur end doesn't mean dey don't own it. Let's just go wit France; how many of it's products do u have at ur disposal?? Does dat mean dey only King in Europe? Plz don't tell me abt dia language, am not a francophone.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by ginggerxy: 12:29pm On Mar 02, 2022
HigherEd:

Yea the comedian is on the street fighting in the trenches with his people, while the KGB coward is hiding inside a bunker when no man chase him.
you people should stop drinking Panadol for another man headache abeg.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by VirileNelly2420: 12:29pm On Mar 02, 2022
HigherEd:

Yea the comedian is on the street fighting in the trenches with his people, while the KGB coward is hiding inside a bunker when no man chase him.
plz wheres d bunker?

1 Like

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by ken6488(m): 12:31pm On Mar 02, 2022
wink2015:

President Vladimir Putin is using this Invasion of Ukraine to draw the REDLINES over what has been the constant tradition of the west to take countries that were part of the former soviet republics to join NATO.

Infact, he had endured this pains for so long till the west got him charged up to fight back.

Poland, Bulgaria, Romania, Czech, Slovakia, Hungary, etc are now NATO members.

Russia is not happy with this development as Russia told the west not to advance Eastward into former Soviet territory.

BRITAIN, USA AND THE EU with their KNOW KNOW kept on cripping into Russia controlled state.

UKRAINE represent the last warning.
Exactly NATO is the one risking a nuclear war

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by ken6488(m): 12:31pm On Mar 02, 2022
MERCHANDISER:

But this man is good with comic movies,I don't know why he switch to politics
he is thinking war is a joke

1 Like

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by seunny4lif(m): 12:32pm On Mar 02, 2022
Russia is the 5th or 6th most migrated countries.
Yes, I agree they need to export more to Africa.
Most Russia market was in Asia including Russia made trucks and Cars.
Russia completed their first homemade commercial plane last year without any imported parts
JosephXavier:

1 Like

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by ken6488(m): 12:32pm On Mar 02, 2022
MERCHANDISER:
He thought comedy is politics
cheesy
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by grandlexuz(m): 12:32pm On Mar 02, 2022
Deepthoughts:
what I don't understand about Russia is that why the emphasis on Ukraine?, Latvia Estonia Lithuania we're also part of USSR n are now in NATO why didn't Russia attack them?

Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania are all very small countries. Spying Russia from Ukraine could be easier done than elsewhere. Russia has an interwined history with Ukraine that transcends the days of USSR.

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by YoungBlackRico(m): 12:32pm On Mar 02, 2022
jnhmaxxwell:

Lies from AFP, a zionist media propaganda of France.
For the west to declare a No-fly zone over the existing one in Ukraine. It will have to hack into the codes of the current one and change it to be able to declare its No-fly zone. These codes often change by the minute or seconds. The reason the west cannot declare a no-fly zone at this moment in Ukraine.

What else can they do, they can fire missiles from Poland or any country that allows it. This is what Israel has been doing in Syria since its f-16 jet was shut down by Syrian Panstir. They have been using the Lebanese airspace to fire missiles into the Syrian airspace.

If they try this with Ukraine, Russia will declare a no-fly zone over that country and it will mean more war. And more war means, first of all destroying all the air-defense system of such a country like Russia first did using CLUB missiles.
See? This is what we are saying. People who don't know shi but always rush to comment with full confidence self. grin
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by ken6488(m): 12:32pm On Mar 02, 2022
The west keep deceiving Ukraine to war

1 Like

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by YoungBlackRico(m): 12:34pm On Mar 02, 2022
grandlexuz:

And you had 13 likes for this haphazardly typed analysis.
You'd be shocked brother cheesy Daft people like him plenty here wella. So yeah, he's going to get more than that 13 self grin.
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by ivandragon: 12:34pm On Mar 02, 2022
ken6488:
do you know how close Ukraine is to Moscow

Do you know that Ukraine is an independent country?
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by MERCHANDISER: 12:35pm On Mar 02, 2022
ken6488:
he is thinking war is a joke
By the time Putin finishes with him,reality will be dawn on him. He wan use Putin catch cruise

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by alphaNomega: 12:35pm On Mar 02, 2022
NATO better mind their fûcking business

1 Like

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by seunny4lif(m): 12:35pm On Mar 02, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

I only go with ur second to last suggestions. Creating an international media. He's already kinging in others. That u don't see Russian products at ur end doesn't mean dey don't own it. Let's just go wit France; how many of it's products do u have at ur disposal?? Does dat mean dey only King in Europe? Plz don't tell me abt dia language, am not a francophone.
Russia products are mostly exported to Asia
Russia need now to remove all sanctions on N.Korea and Cuba.
Russia need to unplug from Swift permanently, I know it’s will weak for short term but in long time, that will create the multipolar world, Putin talked about in 2007 at Munich.

3 Likes

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by Aboks(m): 12:37pm On Mar 02, 2022
XTHRONE:

Many kids are on this forum, this is one. What is wrong with being a comedian.

A comedian is better than the robot pmb

1 Like

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by alphaNomega: 12:38pm On Mar 02, 2022
ivandragon:

Do you know Ukraine is a former Soviet nation?

I support Russia's action on Ukraine for the same reason I support Israeli action in Gaza and Western bank.

All that area belongs to them.

If your homeland was broken apart in the past and you have the means to bring them together today, what would you do?
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by Raypawer(m): 12:39pm On Mar 02, 2022
Best comment I've seen on NL in a while now

JosephXavier:

1 Like

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 02, 2022
YoungBlackRico:
You'd be shocked brother cheesy Daft people like him plenty here wella. So yeah, he's going to get more than that 13 self grin.
Bros why is NATO yet to enter the war na? Are they afraid of that mad man? Shebi dey can destroy him? Please let them pity Ukraine and save them
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by ken6488(m): 12:46pm On Mar 02, 2022
ivandragon:

I don’t support the invasion oo

But since the devil has decided to use Ukrainian front being neural

This’ll is the last option
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by Bigchristo: 12:53pm On Mar 02, 2022
JosephXavier:

Are you done writing rubbish? Who told you Russia is not exporting it products? There’s a huge shortages of wheat in Africa because of Russia war there’s surge up of price in oil and gas because of Russia, the westerners uses media control policies to grind all Russia owned News agencies as Facebook and YouTube with other tech companies joined their western allies to impose sanctions on Russia even yesterday Nairaland drop an article here that said Russian movies were banned from being released, in summary they did those things to make you believe Russia is losing the war, my brother or sister try and watch footage of this war from an unbiased reporters and see the level of destruction that has happened so far in Ukraine, yet another 40 miles Russia military convoy is heading towards Kiev don’t let western propaganda fool you Russia is winning and that’s why the westerners are trying to impose those sanctions to they think that will make Russia slow their military operations but Vladimir Putin isn’t listening to anyone right now and that’s a big problem, Ukraine and rest of the world are left with two options either a ceasefire talk or joining forces with Ukraine to fight the war by so doing we all end up being Nuke because Russia has the biggest nuclear arsenal

1 Like

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by DaveHarry(m): 12:56pm On Mar 02, 2022
ivandragon:

Ask him
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by Preator: 1:01pm On Mar 02, 2022
Walkee:
you are talking nonsense. If you say I declare no fly zone over Ukraine and Russian SU-34 starts flying over the area what will you do?
If you shoot it down that means you have declared war on Russia. Wetin concern code for here?

I was confused at the gibberish about code oo. I knew someone must have been confused too.
A no fly zone means you take out the enemy's ability to contest the area declared as no fly zone. This will in this instance involve eliminating all air defense assets of Russia in Ukraine as well as inside Russia itself as Russian Anti-Access, Area Denial assets in Russian homeland extends it coverage over Most of eastern Europe. Especially when you factor in their ship based system.

You also have to take away their ability to launch missiles into the no fly zone. This means you have to hunt down their submarines, bomb their ships as well as bases on Russian homeland hosting such weapons. That's a declaration of not just war, but nuclear war. Will Biden sacrifice over over 1bn NATO population to save 44million Ukrainians? I think not. Too risky.

By the way, Russian military doctrine, just like America's, allows the use of nuclear response for a conventional attack on Russian homeland. They will rather the world go out in nuclear flames that allow foreign boots on their soil.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by JosephXavier: 1:03pm On Mar 02, 2022
Cantonese:

Now I found a very reasonable contribution since reading all the contributions on this topic.

cheesy
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by ufotunang: 1:05pm On Mar 02, 2022
Nawaoooo...USA and NATO have abandoned Ukraine...they are afraid of interventing in the war... afraid of Russia
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by ivandragon: 1:14pm On Mar 02, 2022
alphaNomega:

Do you know Ukraine is a former Soviet nation?

I support Russia's action on Ukraine for the same reason I support Israeli action in Gaza and Western bank.

All that area belongs to them.

If your homeland was broken apart in the past and you have the means to bring them together today, what would you do?

Pre-1800s, the present territory of Ukraine was independent. It was later annexed by the Russian empire & later made a part of the Soviet Union. So, that Ukraine was part of the SU does not mean or was not independent before that.

Your support for Israel is noted. But mind you, Israel annexed some parts & has not invaded the whole Palestinian lands. Russia has already annexed crimera & occupies the donbass region... why is it still invading other areas of Ukraine?

Your last sentence is not tenable because Ukraine was independent pre-1800s before been conquered by the Russian empire & the made a Soviet satellite.
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by ProphetJeroboam: 1:21pm On Mar 02, 2022
Hanibbal:
Zelensky the comedian wants NATO to place a no-fly zone on a powerful nuclear armed state like Russia as if Russia is Somalia/Libya/Iraq.

Only a clown reason this way o. Ukraine don enter one chance with this Zelensky the comedian.
This comedian is the president of a country.
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by HilcomTech(m): 1:24pm On Mar 02, 2022
Hanibbal:
Zelensky the comedian wants NATO to place a no-fly zone on a powerful nuclear armed state like Russia as if Russia is Somalia/Libya/Iraq.

Only a clown reason this way o. Ukraine don enter one chance with this Zelensky the comedian.

Zelenaky is no different from Basketmouth, I go die or even Clint De Drunk
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by msrcusgarvey6(m): 1:25pm On Mar 02, 2022
Coalition partners. Huh! Start practicing a victory song for Ukraine
JosephXavier:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Trump Cancels Automatic Citizenship For Children Of US Citizens Born Abroad / Nigerian, Julia Oparah Appointed Provost Of University Of San Francisco / Biden Plans Reversing Trump's Jerusalem Move Despite Strong Objections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.