Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act (35264 Views)

NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request / Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" / "It Means I Won" - Trump Reacts To Georgian Governor's Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by tesppidd: 10:54am On Mar 02, 2022
HigherEd:

Yea the comedian is on the street fighting in the trenches with his people, while the KGB coward is hiding inside a bunker when no man chase him.
Abi oo

Why can't Putin come out to lead this assault?
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by Danjikanbauchi: 10:54am On Mar 02, 2022
Hanibbal:
Zelensky the comedian wants NATO to place a no-fly zone on a powerful nuclear armed state like Russia as if Russia is Somalia/Libya/Iraq.

Only a clown reason this way o. Ukraine don enter one chance with this Zelensky the comedian.
Ukraine Ntoooorr, imagine Iran or a non nuclear power nation attacking Ukraine by now NATO would have enter the war uninvited and deal with them.

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by Benny6944: 10:55am On Mar 02, 2022
NATO are only being very careful in order not to escalate this war. Smart move from them. They can only come in when there's slightest trespass from the Russia then you cowards praising Russia will now understand 2 heads are better then one.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by ogbe88(m): 10:57am On Mar 02, 2022
XTHRONE:

Clown....that clown is smarter than most African leader, he is seeking for help, that makes him smart , now the EU is considering Ukraine, the no fly zone he is asking is right, UN can implement it, is Russia bigger than UN , the West are Smart. They will come in when Puttin never expected and then even his nuclear weapons won't help him.
Stop calling him a clown, comedians are smart people, do you know it's only a genius that can work on the minds of people, it's not easy making people laugh, by the way who makes a better leader, is it military men like Hitler and Buhari, only genius do.
small picking talk

1 Like

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by XTHRONE(m): 10:58am On Mar 02, 2022
ogbe88:
small picking talk

Bigman talk your own
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by Invitationn: 10:59am On Mar 02, 2022
XTHRONE:

Ok, which proffesion makes a good leader?

Which of them doesn't joke?

A comedian is a Full-Time clown. There's a difference.
I bet Zelensky jokes about this invasion behind closed doors. grin
Especially about his expectations and disappointment from the West. Baba go be like, NATO Gbemi ni handicap cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by rottennaija(m): 11:00am On Mar 02, 2022
KingEverest:
why are you being stupid what concerns her with those invasions? Did she order the invasion or was she at the frontline? A lady is trying to her country and you're here saying trash

Make your point without resorting to insult.
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by XTHRONE(m): 11:00am On Mar 02, 2022
Invitationn:

Especially about his expectations and disappointment from the West. Baba go be like, NATO Gbemi ni handicap cheesy

That's what you think
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:04am On Mar 02, 2022
Hanibbal:
Zelensky the comedian wants NATO to place a no-fly zone on a powerful nuclear armed state like Russia as if Russia is Somalia/Libya/Iraq.

Only a clown reason this way o. Ukraine don enter one chance with this Zelensky the comedian.
Zelenski would prefer for europe to go to war for him, even if it means risking a nuclear war. That's tells you what kinda president we looking at.
He had the option of playing a balanced politics that would have kept them close to Russia while also guaranteeing a very close non military alliance with the west
The guy is such a foool

5 Likes

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by XTHRONE(m): 11:04am On Mar 02, 2022
Invitationn:

Ukrainians loves, supports and respect that clown so chill, they are good. They knows better than you do. You that is ruled by a no nonsense man, how market?
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by kponkedenge(m): 11:04am On Mar 02, 2022
Hanibbal:

The only clown I see here is you.... Mocking a country that wants to have closer ties with the West, rather than being paupers to Russia.

Go check all the countries that broke out from the Soviet Union.... They all are running to the West for stronger ties, that alone should tell you how they all see Russia.

Russia recently asked Kazakhstan, a former Soviet Union state to assist in the fight against Ukraine, they refused..... the only country that accepted is Belarus.

You guys obsession with the West is what is making you support Russia, nothing else.

It's only a matter of time before Russia breaks, their Stock Market hasn't opened throughout this week because of massive sanctions..... their citizens currently have withdrawal limit, their oligarchs are flying out to different countries to avoid the economic mess Putin has created.... But it's okay, you can continue supporting him until his downfall.

Rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by Decency2020(f): 11:05am On Mar 02, 2022
Hanibbal:

Nuclear bomb will wipe the entire world either directly of by radiation, by so you are not exempted. Keep clapping for a mad man in Moscow. Even Russians are feeling the shame hence they are protesting but you are in one bet shop wasting your life and air.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by Invitationn: 11:07am On Mar 02, 2022
XTHRONE:

Ukrainians loves, supports and respect that clown so chill, they are good. They knows better than you do. You that is ruled by a no nonsense man, how market?
I'm just sharing my impression of him.
It has nothing to do with how the Ukrainians see him. Obviously I'm not a Ukrainian. Lol
So emotional geez! undecided

1 Like

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by Invitationn: 11:08am On Mar 02, 2022
XTHRONE:

That's what you think
Absolutely.
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by ayindejimmy(m): 11:12am On Mar 02, 2022
The West can afford this because when fighting a madman , the sane man has to be more cautious because any small provocation can trigger the madman - especially one with absolute access to nuclear weapons.
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by XTHRONE(m): 11:12am On Mar 02, 2022
Invitationn:

I'm just sharing my impression of him.
It has nothing to do with how the Ukrainians see him. Obviously I'm not a Ukrainian. Lol
So emotional geez! undecided

Your impression is wrong, deluded and off. I'm being real, I'm no Ukrainian either.im being realistic. No emotions, just being rational.i want you to know that, Individuals make good leaders not thier proffesion.

For your information, he have a degree in LAW...
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by Cantonese: 11:14am On Mar 02, 2022
JosephXavier:
Russia are loosing this war because they don't have any influence in international politics and secondly because they don't control the media

Russia needs to get themselves involved beyond Europe just like China did beyond Asia

China exported their language and culture(through Chinese movies and restaurants)

They exported their technology ( cars and electronic gadgets)

They exported their companies (Tecno, Hawaii and infinix)

They are exporting their intellects who work in other regions of the world and now control Africa in terms of business and Trade

That is the exact thing Russia should do

Export their language, invest in other countries ( I don't mean selling of AK 47 and military hardware to rebels) just as china did

Export their indigenous companies and invest more in IT and technologies

Export their goods more to Africa and Asia and even South America

Set up international media giants to protect their interests and project their voice just as US did with CNN

Open their border to immigrants (especially skilled immigrants) just as Canada is doing

Now I found a very reasonable contribution since reading all the contributions on this topic.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by Invitationn: 11:15am On Mar 02, 2022
XTHRONE:

Your impression is wrong, deluded and off. I'm being real, I'm no Ukrainian either.im being realistic. No emotions, just being rational.i want you to know that, Individuals make good leaders not thier proffesion.
It's still mine.
Now, go mind your business grin
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by XTHRONE(m): 11:18am On Mar 02, 2022
Invitationn:

Absolutely.

Well he is not just a comedian, he is also a lawyer, what do you have to say to that
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by hammer567: 11:19am On Mar 02, 2022
People in Iraq, Libya and Syria, dont deserve no fly zone from American bombs?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by Cantonese: 11:20am On Mar 02, 2022
kponkedenge:

The only clown I see here is you.... Mocking a country that wants to have closer ties with the West, than been paupers to Russia.

Go check all the countries that broke out from the Soviet Union.... They all are running to the West for stronger ties, that alone should tell you how they all see Russia.

Russia recently asked Kazakhstan, a former Soviet Union state to assist in the fight against Ukraine, they refused..... the only country that accepted is Belarus.

You guys obsession with the West is what is making you support Russia, nothing else.

It's only a matter of time before Russia breaks, their Stock Market hasn't opened throughout this week because of massive sanctions..... their citizens currently have withdrawal limit, their oligarchs are flying out to different countries to avoid the economic mess Putin has created.... But it's okay, you can continue supporting him until his downfall.

Rubbish.

“ You guys obsession with the West is what is making you support Russia, nothing else”.

It’s not an obsession, but lack of knowledge. Most of them here look at the event like a football match. A lot see the issue as a huge joke.

This is a historical matter that predates what we know as of this age. It will also go down the history of the two states in many years to come. If these youths here cannot learn lessons and make meaningful contributions, I wonder what historical information they will have over to their next generation.
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by kokomilala(m): 11:20am On Mar 02, 2022
The comedian turned president is still being preposterously referred to as comedian. This guy's profile is rising by the day.Well,maybe his critics here on Nairaland don't see it,because they've been blinded by prejudice. In fact,he's being referred to as Winston Churchill.And,indeed in a historical sense he is.What Churchill did during WW2 ,rallying the Brits ,is similar to what the Ukrainian president is doing. Even when the US offered him the much easier option of evacuation,he said he needed arms not a free ride.How many of you can do that in the face of imminent danger?
You're mocking him because he called for the enforcement of a no-fly zone. Come on,give him a break!These are desperate times,and he's desperate.So far,he's defied the odds; he's held his ground,and he's making the invasion a hard nut for the Russians to crack,whom had thought they would overrun Ukraine swiftly.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by XTHRONE(m): 11:20am On Mar 02, 2022
Invitationn:

It's still mine.
Now, go mind your business grin

I always mind my business, I just hate mis information, insensitivity and poor commenting or let's say inconsequential talks, it drives me mad, next time before you comment , make some research, don't just type because you feel you got to.
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by ivandragon: 11:25am On Mar 02, 2022
Benny6944:
NATO are only being very careful in order not to escalate this war. Smart move from them. They can only come in when there's slightest trespass from the Russia then you cowards praising Russia will now understand 2 heads are better then one.

NATO is already ramping up defence of its allies close to Russia. Let one bomb land in a NATO territory & Russia will feel heat. If Putin wants to nuke the world, he should that he will be not escape the aftermath...

One key reason why the US is even very cautious is China. It does not want a conflict on 2 fronts & if the US gets bogged down in Russia, China will take advantage.
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by NairaMaster1(m): 11:27am On Mar 02, 2022
ivandragon:
Hmm...

A no-fly zone will certainly bring the West into direct conflict with Russia.

This war was unnecessary. Russia could have used progressively tougher political, economic, diplomatic & social sanctions to frustrate Ukraine being made a NATO member...

That Putin feels annexing Ukraine is the best way to stop Ukraine joining NATO shows that Ukrainians were right all along to be worried about the Russian threat...

Ukraine is an independent nation & reserves the right to defend its territory from external invasion... however, Zelensky needs to also quickly explore a diplomatic avenue out of the impasse while Putin needs to show good faith by halting further attacks & advances so as to give chance for a diplomatic resolution of the matter...

You're SURELY human enough. Unlike some Nigerians that have taken it personal because of their hatred for the west they will run to in times of need.
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by blackgold2018(m): 11:28am On Mar 02, 2022
Hanibbal:

I swear
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by Bbbwings: 11:29am On Mar 02, 2022
HigherEd:

Yea the comedian is on the street fighting in the trenches with his people, while the KGB coward is hiding inside a bunker when no man chase him.
The pic you saw was taken in December.
The coward is holed up in government residence
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by blackgold2018(m): 11:31am On Mar 02, 2022
HigherEd:

idiot, who told you he’s in a bunker?

But moreover the Ukraine president made a speech conference with EU inside a bunker.

All this misinformed nonentities sef..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship / What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions / Ukraine Slams Russia For Visiting Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.