Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act (35263 Views)

NATO Rejects Ukraine's No-fly Zone Request / Zelensky: If West Won't Impose No-fly Zone, "Give Me The Planes" / "It Means I Won" - Trump Reacts To Georgian Governor's Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by Deepthoughts: 11:31am On Mar 02, 2022
ivandragon:
Hmm...

A no-fly zone will certainly bring the West into direct conflict with Russia.

This war was unnecessary. Russia could have used progressively tougher political, economic, diplomatic & social sanctions to frustrate Ukraine being made a NATO member...

That Putin feels annexing Ukraine is the best way to stop Ukraine joining NATO shows that Ukrainians were right all along to be worried about the Russian threat...

Ukraine is an independent nation & reserves the right to defend its territory from external invasion... however, Zelensky needs to also quickly explore a diplomatic avenue out of the impasse while Putin needs to show good faith by halting further attacks & advances so as to give chance for a diplomatic resolution of the matter...
what I don't understand about Russia is that why the emphasis on Ukraine?, Latvia Estonia Lithuania we're also part of USSR n are now in NATO why didn't Russia attack them?
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by Hamziyah(m): 11:33am On Mar 02, 2022
XTHRONE:

Many kids are on this forum, this is one. What is wrong with being a comedian.
Nothing is wrong in being a comedian, but staging comedy in the midst of a war is a height of insensitivity.

3 Likes

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:37am On Mar 02, 2022
XTHRONE:

Many kids are on this forum, this is one. What is wrong with being a comedian.
There is nothing wrong being a comedian. But being knowledgeable only in comedy is the reason he's requesting NATO to impose a nofly zone over Ukraine without considering the consequences.

3 Likes

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by Kastonkastroll(m): 11:38am On Mar 02, 2022
kponkedenge:

The only clown I see here is you.... Mocking a country that wants to have closer ties with the West, rather than being paupers to Russia.

Go check all the countries that broke out from the Soviet Union.... They all are running to the West for stronger ties, that alone should tell you how they all see Russia.

Russia recently asked Kazakhstan, a former Soviet Union state to assist in the fight against Ukraine, they refused..... the only country that accepted is Belarus.

You guys obsession with the West is what is making you support Russia, nothing else.

It's only a matter of time before Russia breaks, their Stock Market hasn't opened throughout this week because of massive sanctions..... their citizens currently have withdrawal limit, their oligarchs are flying out to different countries to avoid the economic mess Putin has created.... But it's okay, you can continue supporting him until his downfall.

Rubbish.
Rubbish talk. You think Russia economy blueprint is the same as the west. Upon all the sanctions imposed by the west on Iran, has the country collapsed? If Russia should just unplug their gas pipelines from feeding EU with gas, you will see the massive level of inflation and sufferings that will hit the region. Mother Russia is not a country you can cripple with nonsensical sanctions!

Mugu like you.

3 Likes

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by XTHRONE(m): 11:38am On Mar 02, 2022
Hamziyah:
Nothing is wrong in being a comedian, but staging comedy in the midst of a war is a height of insensitivity.

He never staged any war, Putin is a bully. Read Georgia Russia war of 2014. He just want to do the same with Ukraine, after Ukraine he will look for another country to bully.
By the way he is also a Lawyer. Standing up to your bully is not folly it is bravery, and there is no other way to do that than to stand and scream no.
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by 27Pushing30: 11:43am On Mar 02, 2022
HigherEd:

Yea the comedian is on the street fighting in the trenches with his people, while the KGB coward is hiding inside a bunker when no man chase him.

Please show me video of Zeeleensky fighting in the trenches...

Please show me.

You see picture and coorodinated video dey talk anyhow.

show me Zeeleensky firing his weapon while avoiding enemy fire.

Ignorant african man. smh

4 Likes

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by legba1(m): 11:45am On Mar 02, 2022
EkelediliBuhari:
If given the chance I think I’ll fight with Russia

This was is not just between two countries. It is about an age long ideology of western “supremacy”. They believe everything and every one should be subject to them

They have twisted the media thereby controlling the perception of everyone simple minded.

The west have over the past decade committed atrocities al over the planet.. Libya, afgahanistan, Iran etc.

They would have invaded Russia by now if they hadn’t nuclear and ballistic capabilities..

I stand with Russia and I stand with freedom of thought and conscience.

This is a big contradiction... You can not stand with Russia and yet still stand with freedom if thought and conscience....Russia is against the freedom of thought and choice of a sovereign nation....Putin is a tyrant and so can not be mention where we are talking about freedom....
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by elijahkayode(m): 11:48am On Mar 02, 2022
Hanibbal:
Zelensky the comedian wants NATO to place a no-fly zone on a powerful nuclear armed state like Russia as if Russia is Somalia/Libya/Iraq.

Only a clown reason this way o. Ukraine don enter one chance with this Zelensky the comedian.

Zelenskyy na stupid motherfucker, infact all this blood is on him
Ukraine is guilty as Bleep
2014 holds the key to zelenskyy stupid sacrifice of the Ukraine people

in 2014 neo Nazis came to power illegally through the violent overthrow of democratically elected President Viktor Yanukovych (this is not supposed to happen)

It is not reported that Russia for multiple years lodged its protest against NATO enlargement to the East.
previous American government literally told the Soviet that NATO military alliance will never expand to the East until Biden

In fact, the stupid West simply did not care about these perfectly legitimate concerns.
Russia is too big to allow Ukraine join NATO same way America reject the Soviet installation of military assets in Cuba

War is evil but sometimes we need to understand who is who

NATO is created for the north why expand to the east

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by kponkedenge(m): 11:48am On Mar 02, 2022
Kastonkastroll:
Rubbish talk. You think Russia economy blueprint is the same as the west. Upon all the sanctions imposed by the west on Iran, has the country collapsed? If Russia should just unplug their gas pipelines from feeding EU with gas, you will see the massive level of inflation and sufferings that will hit the region. Mother Russia is not a country you can cripple with nonsensical sanctions!

Mugu like you.

What a dunce. Comparing Iran sanctions to that of Russia.

Russia is currently isolated. It's so bad that they've cut off even their airlines from landing in Europe and North America, as well as seizing their assets in various countries. Putin is even begging European businesses not to leave Russia for now.

Long queues are seen everywhere in Banks, people are panicking and withdrawing money, their currency has totally collapsed and become worthless..... But an idiot like you is still talking about gas... As if the West didn't know about their gas and also have other alternatives before cutting them off.

Oponu.
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by toffyz(m): 11:48am On Mar 02, 2022
optimusprime2:
This war is something that has several grey areas, its not as if Putin is crazy, I mean that guy has been around since 1999 to observe global trends... this is what people don't know or forget quickly.

Russia has a very strong argument as regards this war, which is why the west aka the EU, UK and USA won't and can't do anything to interfere...

Have people asked this question before; if NATO is so much about maintaining the order within the area, why is Russia not part of NATO?

It's unfortunate that Ukraine has a president that is soooooo naive
Because Russia can't play second fiddle to US!

1 Like

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by 27Pushing30: 11:49am On Mar 02, 2022
Deepthoughts:
what I don't understand about Russia is that why the emphasis on Ukraine?, Latvia Estonia Lithuania we're also part of USSR n are now in NATO why didn't Russia attack them?

Estonia population - Just above 1m
Latvia population - Close to 2m
Lithuania population - close to 3m

...Ukraine population ? - 41m

If you critically look at those numbers alone you should understand ... if you don't then sorry keep being misled being CNN.
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by AroleOduduwa2: 11:50am On Mar 02, 2022
Benny6944:
NATO are only being very careful in order not to escalate this war. Smart move from them. They can only come in when there's slightest trespass from the Russia then you cowards praising Russia will now understand 2 heads are better then one.

Computer village analyst, the west can only support Ukraine through the media and some outdated weapons. You probably need to listen to Biden address yesterday and Boris response to the lady. They don’t need to tell you Ukraine is just a pawn.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by karkinase(m): 11:51am On Mar 02, 2022
Hanibbal:

Urging NATO to effect a no-fly zone means attacking Russia's aircraft over Ukraine that's tantamount to war and it raises the possiblity of a nuclear exchange. Only a clown like Zelensky can suggest that. grin

Ukraine is very unfortuanate to have a clown as president this time.
grin Zelensky is a clown and it shows he doesn’t know anytin about politics. He shuld have been in a circus entertaining

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by DaveHarry(m): 11:51am On Mar 02, 2022
No...but can there ever be peace again on Earth? I don't think so bro.
kunlesehan:
We want peace ... is that too much to ask for?
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by EkelediliBuhari: 11:54am On Mar 02, 2022
legba1:

This is a big contradiction... You can not stand with Russia and yet still stand with freedom if thought and conscience....Russia is against the freedom of thought and choice of a sovereign nation....Putin is a tyrant and so can not be mention where we are talking about freedom....

Freedom?? when the I refuse to let my brother work for you for fear of sabotage but I’d raise hell if you do the same to me??

I’d rather scold/spank my brother than let him allow the enemy to my backyard… the US is the last kind of enemy you want in your backyard bro…there’s no coming back from that one
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by ivandragon: 11:55am On Mar 02, 2022
Deepthoughts:

There is a bigger plan afoot. If you listen to recent broadcasts by Putin, he has indirectly requested that NATO roll back its Eastern front. This will leave former Soviet satellite states vulnerable to Russian attack & this in turn is the worry of former Soviet satellites that do not want to be under the thumb of Russia anymore.
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by ken6488(m): 11:56am On Mar 02, 2022
Hanibbal:
Zelensky the comedian wants NATO to place a no-fly zone on a powerful nuclear armed state like Russia as if Russia is Somalia/Libya/Iraq.

Only a clown reason this way o. Ukraine don enter one chance with this Zelensky the comedian.
he won cause world war
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by ivandragon: 11:57am On Mar 02, 2022
NairaMaster1:

You're SURELY human enough. Unlike some Nigerians that have taken it personal because of their hatred for the west they will run to in times of need.

I really don't get the vehement hate. It is OK to be against some of the policies and actions of the west, but there is really no justification of this attack on Ukraine...

1 Like

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by ken6488(m): 11:57am On Mar 02, 2022
HigherEd:

Yea the comedian is on the street fighting in the trenches with his people, while the KGB coward is hiding inside a bunker when no man chase him.
you know this war Is not Russia's vs Ukraine

But war in Ukraine
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by ken6488(m): 11:58am On Mar 02, 2022
ivandragon:
Hmm...

A no-fly zone will certainly bring the West into direct conflict with Russia.

This war was unnecessary. Russia could have used progressively tougher political, economic, diplomatic & social sanctions to frustrate Ukraine being made a NATO member...

That Putin feels annexing Ukraine is the best way to stop Ukraine joining NATO shows that Ukrainians were right all along to be worried about the Russian threat...

Ukraine is an independent nation & reserves the right to defend its territory from external invasion... however, Zelensky needs to also quickly explore a diplomatic avenue out of the impasse while Putin needs to show good faith by halting further attacks & advances so as to give chance for a diplomatic resolution of the matter...
do you know how close Ukraine is to Moscow
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by Karnice600: 12:03pm On Mar 02, 2022
JosephXavier:
Russia are loosing this war because they don't have any influence in international politics and secondly because they don't control the media

Russia needs to get themselves involved beyond Europe just like China did beyond Asia

China exported their language and culture(through Chinese movies and restaurants)

They exported their technology ( cars and electronic gadgets)

They exported their companies (Tecno, Hawaii and infinix)

They are exporting their intellects who work in other regions of the world and now control Africa in terms of business and Trade

That is the exact thing Russia should do

Export their language, invest in other countries ( I don't mean selling of AK 47 and military hardware to rebels) just as china did

Export their indigenous companies and invest more in IT and technologies

Export their goods more to Africa and Asia and even South America

Set up international media giants to protect their interests and project their voice just as US did with CNN

Open their border to immigrants (especially skilled immigrants) just as Canada is doing

The fastest way for China to go down is come up straight to support Putin through every inch. The safest thing for her is to stay neutral. She's towing the second path most likely
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by legba1(m): 12:03pm On Mar 02, 2022
EkelediliBuhari:

Freedom?? when the I refuse to let my brother work for you for fear of sabotage but I’d raise hell if you do the same to me??

I’d rather scold/spank my brother than let him allow the enemy to my backyard… the US is the last kind of enemy you want in your backyard bro…there’s no coming back from that one

True about the USA, but I believe Putin had not been too caring along his corridor of influence to have made nations bordering Russia to want to join NATO. And with this invasion, Ukraine"s fear of Russia high handedness is not misplaced...He was always going to do it regardless
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by ken6488(m): 12:08pm On Mar 02, 2022
XTHRONE:

In your dreams Ukraine will fall,lol
Look the West are fully involved with troops, weapons donation s and finance, they will tell you the one you want to hear in the media to avoid excalation, Putin is on a long thing, he is fighting Nation's, if the West are not involved , Ukraine won't last a day, read about Georgia Russia war of 2014, it lasted hours.the same would have happened to Ukraine. You see that guy, he is smart, take it from me, again he is a Jew, Jew will never abandon thier own, Putin just fall into a snare, a trap, he can't win these war and if he dares fire a nuclear bomb, Russia will be buried. The West are only trying to contain the war.
Do you think it's only Ukrainian soldiers that are on ground... lol, even Putin knows it's not, but he just can't help it. He just have to keep fighting to win else or lose honourably, if he loses woefully NATO and EU will be his closest neighbor.
You think Putin is dumb any country troops notice Putin will go nuclear
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by ken6488(m): 12:09pm On Mar 02, 2022
XTHRONE:

In your dreams Ukraine will fall,lol
Look the West are fully involved with troops, weapons donation s and finance, they will tell you the one you want to hear in the media to avoid excalation, Putin is on a long thing, he is fighting Nation's, if the West are not involved , Ukraine won't last a day, read about Georgia Russia war of 2014, it lasted hours.the same would have happened to Ukraine. You see that guy, he is smart, take it from me, again he is a Jew, Jew will never abandon thier own, Putin just fall into a snare, a trap, he can't win these war and if he dares fire a nuclear bomb, Russia will be buried. The West are only trying to contain the war.
Do you think it's only Ukrainian soldiers that are on ground... lol, even Putin knows it's not, but he just can't help it. He just have to keep fighting to win else or lose honourably, if he loses woefully NATO and EU will be his closest neighbor.
Ukraine capital is already under attack

1 Like

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by Kastonkastroll(m): 12:09pm On Mar 02, 2022
kponkedenge:

What a dunce. Comparing Iran sanctions to that of Russia.

Russia is currently isolated. It's so bad that they've cut off even their airlines from landing in Europe and North America, as well as seizing their assets in various countries. Putin is even begging European businesses not to leave Russia for now.

Long queues are seen everywhere in Banks, people are panicking and withdrawing money, their currency has totally collapsed and become worthless..... But an idiot like you is still talking about gas... As if the West didn't know about their gas and also have other alternatives before cutting them off.

Oponu.
I hate wasting my time with dimwits. I guess cnn and BBC fed you those gibberish. See mumu dey call north America. Who and who constitutes north America?

Mugu like you
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by techWriter3: 12:12pm On Mar 02, 2022
No flight area would worsen the strife from regional invasion to a global disasters
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by Kastonkastroll(m): 12:16pm On Mar 02, 2022
27Pushing30:

Estonia population - Just above 1m
Latvia population - Close to 2m
Lithuania population - close to 3m

...Ukraine population ? - 41m

If you critically look at those numbers alone you should understand ... if you don't then sorry keep being misled being CNN.
You are right. Those countries are inconsequential in the scheme of things that's why Russia wont border themselves with little fries. But Ukraine, nah is just too close, too big, can also produce nuclear weapons for any reasonable Russian leader to overlook.
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by sugarsoul(m): 12:17pm On Mar 02, 2022
But Nato's secretary general Jens Stoltenberg ruled out involvement by the organisation, telling NBC on Monday:"We have no intention of moving into Ukraine, either on the ground or in the air."

I pity these Ukranians though. They're still hoping for a miracle
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by wink2015(m): 12:18pm On Mar 02, 2022
Deepthoughts:

President Vladimir Putin is using this Invasion of Ukraine to draw the REDLINES over what has been the constant tradition of the west to take countries that were part of the former soviet republics to join NATO.

Infact, he had endured this pains for so long till the west got him charged up to fight back.

Poland, Bulgaria, Romania, Czech, Slovakia, Hungary, etc are now NATO members.

Russia is not happy with this development as Russia told the west not to advance Eastward into former Soviet territory.

BRITAIN, USA AND THE EU with their KNOW KNOW kept on cripping into Russia controlled state.

UKRAINE represent the last warning.
Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by MERCHANDISER: 12:20pm On Mar 02, 2022
Hanibbal:

But this man is good with comic movies,I don't know why he switch to politics

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by MERCHANDISER: 12:22pm On Mar 02, 2022
tegafej:
Ukraine is just a pawn in the game...
Zelenskyy should know better
He thought comedy is politics

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine No-Fly Zone: What It Means And Why The West Won't Act by ken6488(m): 12:23pm On Mar 02, 2022
Benny6944:

sometimes I wonder how some folks on here reason.. you reason through your nose. praising Russia for having nuclear weapon, how many NATO nation can they bomb with that?? You think G7 aren't ready for them or what?? can you shush when you have nothing sensible to comment. same Russia were saved from the hands of Hitler in WWII so shush your mouth

Rubbish

Russia saved Europe from Hitler who captured Hitler?

Putin is fully aware NATO has nuke to

It is called Mutual assured destruction

Since NATO has nukes why don't they enforce the no fly zone?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship / What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions / Ukraine Slams Russia For Visiting Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.