Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,856 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users (29089 Views)

Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul / SIM Registration Of 95.7 Million Subscribers Invalid - NCC / Nigeria, South Africa Deepen Global Internet Penetration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Isobug: 12:58pm On Mar 02, 2022
The meaning of Internet penetration is relative. I don't think we understood what they mean mean here
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by shortIGBOman: 12:58pm On Mar 02, 2022
Na poverty cause am. People wey never see money buy food chop, na them go come use their scarce money to buy data to dey browse. How many of them even get Android phone? They are busy Hawking Gala in major traffics. grin grin grin grin grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by FreeStuffsNG: 12:58pm On Mar 02, 2022
This is one reason why I will once more appeal to MTN . MTN should please use its tax credit for projects in Lagos.

It is not fair when MTN earns billions from Lagos and the SW and decides to use its tax credit to fund the Owerri-Enugu expressway project in the SE alone.

It is unfair that the bulk of the money MTN wants to use for the project is earned from Lagos and Southwest yet MTN has no tax credit project in the SW. It is unacceptable and I urge the LASG to make a case for us with MTN.

MTN can help SW build that proposed Bridge in Lekki that will connect Ondo state and will enable people to travel between Lagos and Ondo state in 45 minutes.

We need more projects and investments in Lagos. Please support us MTN .Please

God bless Lagos State.

Meanwhile,I urge you to please bring your investments to Lagos today.

In Lagos, you and your investments are safe and your investment is guaranteed of great returns.

We are a very hospitable people . We are the startup capital of Africa and we have the best run city economy in Africa in terms of GDP.

We have a vibrant population and we are the World Economic Forum-rated Africa's No 1 cosmopolitan city with with many infrastructures, a prestigious University of Lagos(UNILAG) that has produced notable Nigerians like the current V.P ,Prof. Yemi Osibanjo,SAN, beaches, great folklore traditional Yoruba & contemprorary Yoruba Afro hip-hop music , the city of Grammy Award winners and food!

Invest in Lagos today, please.

Thank you.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 02, 2022
When majority of them are in Ibadan and ogun state developing

7 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Angelfrost(m): 12:59pm On Mar 02, 2022
SultanYoung:
The answer is simple all my IGBO brothers 60% of them hustle out side their state.

This makes a lot of sense tbh!!!

1 Like

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by ndubuisi1213(m): 1:00pm On Mar 02, 2022
East are hustlers. Most of them start checking internet mostly in the evening once they are back from work. When I was in the east I owned a shop in main market, we don't press phone any how, we hustle, look for customers, cash out and go home in the evening, that's when I put my data on and read news and updates my self.

Sorry Easy does not have time for that
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Mariangeles(f): 1:01pm On Mar 02, 2022
SmartPolician:
IMO, internet penetration is low in the east because most young people from the east don't reside in the region.The SE leaders haven't made effort to create opportunities for our people in order to keep them there. The implication is that every young Igbo wants to migrate to Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt or elsewhere in the world in search of greener pastures.

People often say that anywhere you go and you don't see an Igbo man, you know that nothing is happening there. Funnily enough, our people see that as a good thing. The truth is, there's nothing good about a region's most brilliant minds leaving in droves.

You’ve said it all.

1 Like

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Leoleo1(m): 1:02pm On Mar 02, 2022
Super dumb comment. What's your busy life ultimately about without the prevalence of accessible data.

Ecos:
We are busy with our lives. We don't have much time wasting on cyber space.

4 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by oluwaahmed: 1:03pm On Mar 02, 2022
Jacobx007:

Is that all your little brain can come up with?? Shame!!!
You didn't study probability in school? Wats the probability that two independent persons can write identical statements?? I guess your answer is IMPOSSIBLE right

The probability that two independent persons can write exactly the same thing at the same time in a global space is near zero; but the probability that one person operating two moniker with nairaland open on a dft tab & commenting at the same time is 100% Meaning you are the owner of the two moniker, a jobless fúck who should Get a life as igbo matter should be secondary to your mental state of mind. Only a foolish psychotic person will behave like you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by confirmerg(m): 1:03pm On Mar 02, 2022
The truth is. A lot of things involves
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 02, 2022
SmartPolician:
IMO, internet penetration is low in the east because most young people from the east don't reside in the region.The SE leaders haven't made effort to create opportunities for our people in order to keep them there. The implication is that every young Igbo wants to migrate to Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt or elsewhere in the world in search of greener pastures.

People often say that anywhere you go and you don't see an Igbo man, you know that nothing is happening there. Funnily enough, our people see that as a good thing. The truth is, there's nothing good about a region's most brilliant minds leaving in droves.

Well said

1 Like

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Leoleo1(m): 1:05pm On Mar 02, 2022
Life's beyond that now. Especially in marketing. People now make more sales online than having physical shops!!!!

ndubuisi1213:
East are hustlers. Most of them start checking internet mostly in the evening once they are back from work. When I was in the east I owned a shop in main market, we don't press phone any how, we hustle, look for customers, cash out and go home in the evening, that's when I put my data on and read news and updates my self.

7 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by danngnews: 1:06pm On Mar 02, 2022
Check percentage of South east people using internet while based in other regions, then you will see that migration is one of the main reason.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by sakanifemi123(m): 1:06pm On Mar 02, 2022
na dem develop Lagos while thier own region no get any development.... developing other people land while your own land no get value........ This is same region where they were fighting to become no one leader of the country... dey say charity begins at home... develop your land before you lobby to be president of Nigeria.....

5 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by MultiDot: 1:06pm On Mar 02, 2022
The figure isn't high yet , lets wait and see the effects of the ravages of IPOB, ESN, EBUBEAGU, DSS, POLICE and ARMY on the economy of the SE. This is just a tip of the iceberg. We having seen noting yet!

7 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by ndubuisi1213(m): 1:07pm On Mar 02, 2022
Leoleo1:
Life's beyond that now. Especially in marketing. People now make more sales online than having physical shops!!!!

You are right, maybe we still have people like me then in their numbers...

1 Like

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by bigpicture001: 1:09pm On Mar 02, 2022
I don't believe this even nairaland has more than 70% Igbo visitors....

Only nairaland seff don cover everywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by LILTJAY1: 1:09pm On Mar 02, 2022
Because they are poor and yamlegged girls are prostitutes. cool

7 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by techWriter3: 1:11pm On Mar 02, 2022
Is Nairaland the contributor of the databases
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by InvertedHammer: 1:12pm On Mar 02, 2022
/
Just think of what could have been achieved in interconnectivity with the N300m that Imo State Government wasted in buying phones for her indigenes. How much will it cost to provide free internet access in the tertiary institutions in some metropolis in Imo State? We like to chase shadows.

/
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by moneyissweet(m): 1:12pm On Mar 02, 2022
Rate the internet penetration by tribal names make we see where South East go dey.

Una no well

2 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by ndubuisi1213(m): 1:13pm On Mar 02, 2022
LILTJAY1:
Because they are poor and yamlegged girls are prostitutes. cool
But why is it that they don't carry plate and be begging in the street like people from your village ?

3 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by sokera: 1:15pm On Mar 02, 2022
SmartPolician:

if you are Igbo and you are saying this that means you are very very smart and intelligent… I have always say that developing your space and region is the best and not migrating all over within Nigeria and you attack those places leaders and you call them thief when your own leaders are killing commerce and stealing your commonwealth… you will see Igbo ppl call Tinubu thief and call the man different unprintable names but their leaders are the useless ones in Nigeria … Igbos think Nigeria will last forever , when the time comes we break this country and then you all have to return to your region then you will know developing your space is the best

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Leoleo1(m): 1:18pm On Mar 02, 2022
Who conducted this research 70% ko, 07% ni

bigpicture001:
I don't believe this even nairaland has more than 70% Igbo visitors....

Only nairaland seff don cover everywhere

6 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by pashiano: 1:18pm On Mar 02, 2022
Yet, those clowns at the parliament are debating the disenfranchisement of the north in electronic transmission of results on the basis of low broadband in the region
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 02, 2022
Mpuru mmiri grin

8 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by goody2019: 1:20pm On Mar 02, 2022
The reason is this: only indigenes live there. There are very, very few strangers. Only natives with little need for internet. Few business ventures. The business-minded indigenes are all over the country/world making their living.

2 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by SmartPolician: 1:20pm On Mar 02, 2022
sokera:
if you are Igbo and you are saying this that means you are very very smart and intelligent… I have always say that developing your space and region is the best and not migrating all over within Nigeria and you attack those places leaders and you call them thief when your own leaders are killing commerce and stealing your commonwealth… you will see Igbo ppl call Tinubu thief and call the man different unprintable names but their leaders are the useless ones in Nigeria … Igbos think Nigeria will last forever , when the time comes we break this country and then you all have to return to your region then you will know developing your space is the best

Ogbeni, Nigeria has no good leaders.

North, SW, SE, and SS...they are a gang of thieves...no exceptions. What attracts a vast majority of Nigerians to those cities I mentioned is that they have unique strategic advantages...which others don't have.
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 02, 2022
ndubuisi1213:

Okay, but more sales are made online these days, and online business is not just about selling fake spare parts and such, people run platforms, render different solutions online etc. Open your brain.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Realme Phones - Let's Discuss / Lets See Your Phone Homescreen / Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.