Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,492 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users (29134 Views)

Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul / SIM Registration Of 95.7 Million Subscribers Invalid - NCC / Nigeria, South Africa Deepen Global Internet Penetration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Mikkeal: 2:49pm On Mar 02, 2022
Jacobx007:

Is Nairaland the source of the data? Those are figures from an official establishment, deal with it.
Don't mind them ,if it's the South West that was described as low in infrastructure ,you will see them in droves masturbating on nairaland because of Southwest matter

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Aidejay(m): 2:52pm On Mar 02, 2022
sunnnnyuu:

I am not in surprise with the data but my question here is who are the populous users of the internet in the other regions? I know the answer will be Igbo, because they are more wiser and intelligent than the remaining tribes in Nigeria.
ahbi. Whenever the topic doesn't fit your arrogant and ignorant mentality, you go and invent imaginary stories to suit your delusions. If silence is good for an wise man imagine the wonders it will do for fools.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Angelfrost(m): 2:52pm On Mar 02, 2022
OgunkeelAllMod:
pls what kind of business can one do online to earn money. I have a laptop I mostly use for FL STUDIO music instrumental production.any idea on what other things I can use it for to generate income. Not yahoo o pls. Thanks in advance cool

There is something called Freelancing.

This means applying your skills to individuals virtually depending on their job needs.

Platforms for freelancing include:

Upwork (biggest one)
Glassdoor
Freelancer
Indeed
Etc...

Since you already have a Laptop, make effort to learn virtual skills like:
Cloud Computing
Azure
SEO marketing
Project Management
Etc...

I believe there are old threads on such relevant online skills in this forum. Look them up.

People like me make extra by content creation, scheduling, data analysis, and ghostwriting.

6 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Billingslord: 2:52pm On Mar 02, 2022
[s]
obynzo:
The poster is yet again another mischievous fellow. I have done a research with an Infrastructure company and they stated that MTN has 1,560 Masts in that state. That apart from Lagos the next state with the highest density of Masts is Anambra. Again it calls to question how the south east that in the past 7 years has been ravaged by war will have more internet users than south east that one is another very big fat lie. Only Anambra has a higher internet penetration that Borno and Yobe.

Please all this malicious lies and games has to stop. I really dunno why Seun allows this to happen as at 2007/2008 Nairaland was a good place where one can discuss about things and get real advice, but now we have unrepentant tribalist who are jobless depending on stipends to become e-rats ruining this forum.
[/s]
oyo alone has more internet subscribers than anambra talkless of oyo. only little margin between anambra and ondo,osun.
person way no get money to eat dey talk of buying data

6 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Ecos(m): 2:53pm On Mar 02, 2022
shortIGBOman:

.the thing pain this man well well cheesy
I am busy with my life Afonja head skull miner. I dont have time for lowlife like u .Swerve

1 Like

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by georgeakins: 2:54pm On Mar 02, 2022
emmykk:
How many yorubas and Hausa/fulani are in south east? But there are more igbo scatter around Nigeria increase the data of other region.

Only Ibos live in Iboland. That is the only region in Nigeria that you won't see non indigenes residing. It says a lot about them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by yommen: 2:55pm On Mar 02, 2022
sanity12:

Your Excuse is really funny, Na everybody dey Busy grin

I saw the headline and made my conclusion. Most internet users of eastern origin contribute immensely to higher figures in most other regions. You can't tell me that Hausas are more exposed to the internet that Ibos. No no no!

1 Like

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Ecos(m): 2:56pm On Mar 02, 2022
henrybangs44:

Hollow Brain. Una get annoying excuse for everything. Go and Sit down. Mollusc!
Mumu and I am very busy with my life. U think am a yahoo idiot like u?
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by afroniger: 2:57pm On Mar 02, 2022
obynzo:
The poster is yet again another mischievous fellow. I have done a research with an Infrastructure company and they stated that MTN has 1,560 Masts in that state. That apart from Lagos the next state with the highest density of Masts is Anambra. Again it calls to question how the south east that in the past 7 years has been ravaged by war will have more internet users than south east that one is another very big fat lie. Only Anambra has a higher internet penetration that Borno and Yobe.

Please all this malicious lies and games has to stop. I really dunno why Seun allows this to happen as at 2007/2008 Nairaland was a good place where one can discuss about things and get real advice, but now we have unrepentant tribalist who are jobless depending on stipends to become e-rats ruining this forum.

Stop allowing your ego to get the best of you. The stats for the report were gotten directly from the Telecom companies themselves. You can't know better than the Telcos in this regard. But if you claim to, then you have to show us superior data to counter theirs. No need calling Seun. You can view a more exhaustive/comprehensive report of the data/stats here (I hope you have data because the following link contains an 18mb PDF file that breaks down the data):

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://nigerianstat.gov.ng/download/1241133&ved=2ahUKEwi-reDOlaf2AhUH14UKHci1Ah8QFnoECCMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3wIJELSGkXBnW0wHZWKSBI

Some of you just find it difficult accepting facts that disagree with you assumptions.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Angelfrost(m): 2:58pm On Mar 02, 2022
Prolificgiant:
can you please put me through on this ??

For starters sir, what soft skills do you possess?!!

Most virtual and remote jobs require basic and technical skills like the ones I mentioned above... A lot them can be learned for free with certifications too. All you need is good internet connection, time, and discipline to learn.

Once you have these, then you might want to register on online remote job sites (most people use Upwork and Indeed).
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Ecos(m): 2:58pm On Mar 02, 2022
Basheer22:

Truth is Igbos are backwards in matters relating to digital tech. How many tech founders are Igbos compared to others? Very few.
mumu criminal. U are doing yahoo . Wasting ur life away thinking ur busy but na thunder go fire u. Crook.

1 Like

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Ecos(m): 3:01pm On Mar 02, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Envy for what? What do you have that I'll envy? Where I come from, we no dey chest beat, but na we get money pass. We still get power. Remember, money is power. We get power even in your region.
I laugh in Swahili grin Person that have money don't boost. Olodo. Ur hiding behind China phone and boosting . poverty stricken mumu

1 Like

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by sokera: 3:01pm On Mar 02, 2022
SmartPolician:

Ogbeni, Nigeria has no good leaders.

North, SW, SE, and SS...they are a gang of thieves...no exceptions. What attracts a vast majority of Nigerians to those cities I mentioned is that they have unique strategic advantages...which others don't have.
but leaders from SE are Devil and evil in human form … how does it sounds that after 8 years term of Orji Kalu as Governor he still live in Lagos ? How many ex- Governor from south - west live in south - east ? How many Ex- Governor from north live in south-east? But you will see all ex Governors from south -east either living in Kano, Lagos or Abuja … that tells you something is wrong with those political leaders from south -east … I am not ready to argue … if you think I am wrong just tel me if it sounds right for a ex- Governor of a state in south - east to relocate from the state to live on another state after 8 years in Office ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Aidejay(m): 3:02pm On Mar 02, 2022
Angelfrost:

Sigh... There is absolutely no correlation between your post and mine.

The use of the term 'shame' is not an insult in any way, at least not in the context of usage. It's simply to bemoan the missed opportunities of not getting involved in the huge market of opportunities online.

I wasn't even bragging... What is there to brag about?!! Is it even anything new?!! Do some research sir. Did you even miss the part where I stated that I work both online and offline?!! That's to say I actually have a legit physical well paying job and Hustle.

...And I certainly wasn't talking about touts since you are clearly one. I was talking about the future which is already here!

Thank you!!!

P.S: You really need to go learn how to engage in civil discourse. Even friends of mine with poor education don't use such gutter words.
Any self aware individual with a very sound command of the English language and a level head will understand what you wrote there initially and appreciate the comment. But you see this discussion has in the usual manner descended to a trade of blows with egos, feelings and beliefs. You should have known that the person isn't interested in your ideas because it doesn't suit his narrative at the moment. Unfortunately when the sector booms exponentially same individuals will come online and claim they are being discriminated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by IGBOSON1: 3:04pm On Mar 02, 2022
Cryofigbos:

What will I go and do in a region that has nothing to offer......ur ppl r full of hate and bad energy

This one had me in stitches! grin

Read his bile-fuelled post then see the moniker he chose! Apparently, he’s obsessed by the very people he despises and says their region is dry and barren!

Go figure! shocked
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by IfnobeGod20: 3:04pm On Mar 02, 2022
They're not less, they're even more than any tribe on the usage of internet, only they refused staying in the east. They are the one that added to other states to make their number swell like garri IJEBU. I can say after Yoruba, they are the next on the internet usage.

2 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Ecos(m): 3:05pm On Mar 02, 2022
Ecos:
We are busy with our lives. We don't have much time wasting on cyber space.
All these fools quoting me. The Igbo race is far far ahead of una naturally. Envy no go kill una. U can't beat the reach. Who God don bless, no baga fit stop am , even with envy

1 Like

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Angelfrost(m): 3:07pm On Mar 02, 2022
Aidejay:
Any self aware individual with a very sound command of the English language and a level head will understand what you wrote there initially and appreciate the comment. But you see this discussion has in the usual manner descended to a trade of blows with egos, feelings and beliefs. You should have known that the person isn't interested in your ideas because it doesn't suit his narrative at the moment. Unfortunately when the sector booms exponentially same individuals will come online and claim they are being discriminated.

I am deeply shocked by such a reply honestly. What is even wrong with the guy?!! Na wa o!

Some people don't want to ever move forward in life... Such a shame this nation is filled with them. Imagine him comparing me to touts. Like seriously! undecided
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Aidejay(m): 3:09pm On Mar 02, 2022
afroniger:

Stop allowing your ego to get the best of you. The stats for the report were gotten directly from the Telecom companies themselves. You can't know better than the Telcos. But of you claim to, then show us superior data to counter theirs. No need calling Seun. You can view a more exhaustive/comprehensive report of the data/stats here (I hope you have data because the following link contains an 18mb PDF file that breakdown the data):

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://nigerianstat.gov.ng/download/1241133&ved=2ahUKEwi-reDOlaf2AhUH14UKHci1Ah8QFnoECCMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3wIJELSGkXBnW0wHZWKSBI

Some of you just find it difficult accepting facts that disagree with you assumptions.

grin Everything you put here is lost to that infantile schmuck. They are stuck like honey on bees. It's either you accept their phantom data & statistics or you become their enemy
Calling Seun as if Seun is going to beat NBS and the data providers with a log of wood. grin
Any info or news that fails to stroke their juvenile egos is wrong and hateful.

3 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by OVB123: 3:12pm On Mar 02, 2022
Jacobx007:
Na only mouth them get
Na only mouth my dear.

3 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by SmartPolician: 3:14pm On Mar 02, 2022
sokera:
but leaders from SE are Devil and evil in human form … how does it sounds that after 8 years term of Orji Kalu as Governor he still live in Lagos ? How many ex- Governor from south - west live in south - east ? How many Ex- Governor from north live in south-east? But you will see all ex Governors from south -east either living in Kano, Lagos or Abuja … that tells you something is wrong with those political leaders from south -east … I am not ready to argue … if you think I am wrong just tel me if it sounds right for a ex- Governor of a state in south - east to relocate from the state to live on another state after 8 years in Office ?

Stop deceiving yourself thinking your leaders are any better. Where politicians live is a function of where they have interests, friends and businesses. In a sane society, people contest elections where they were born and bred. In Nigeria, everyone is asked to return to their state of origin to contest poltiical positions. That, in its entirety, is wrong.

This simply means that a man who has lived all his life in Port Harcourt can't consider relocating to Enugu permanently because they once governed Enugu State. It's just common sense that he will return to PH after 8 years in Enugu to continue with his normal life or pursue other poltiical interests. You don't need a degree from Harvard University to know this, do you?

1 Like

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 02, 2022
afroniger:

Stop allowing your ego to get the best of you. The stats for the report were gotten directly from the Telecom companies themselves. You can't know better than the Telcos in this regard. But if you claim to, then you have to show us superior data to counter theirs. No need calling Seun. You can view a more exhaustive/comprehensive report of the data/stats here (I hope you have data because the following link contains an 18mb PDF file that breaks down the data):

Oga let us stop trying to be smart here. I worked on this research and i know what i am saying what you got was from NCC i have seen that document before stop trying to deceive people that you got this from telecom companies
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by VEHINTOLAR: 3:15pm On Mar 02, 2022
It can't be a mere coincidence that every available growth and development indicator keeps returning negative for the South East. A pointer to the fact that all is not well with that region but some people would like to tell whosoever that cares to listen that everyone is a billionaire in that enclave !

Smart people would have used a report like this one and many more alike to make a genuine request for more federal presence and infrastructural developments in their region but ego won't allow Igbo people to do that ! What a shame ! Igbo man always wants to be seen as "the best" in everything even in the face of contradictory evidences ! He claims that he is the most marginalised yet he won't stop bragging over nothing ! The region's IGR performance is nothing to write home about,Internet penetration report is woeful and Ekene di Chuckwu buses keep arriving other regions in droves ! What does that tell anyone ? Your guess is as good as mine;there is high level poverty in the East !

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by shortIGBOman: 3:17pm On Mar 02, 2022
Ecos:
I laugh in Swahili grin Person that have money don't boost. Olodo. Ur hiding behind China phone and boosting . poverty stricken mumu

Bla bla bla bla bla bla.

5 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 02, 2022
Aidejay:

grin Everything you put here is lost to that infantile schmuck. They are stuck like honey on bees. It's either you accept their phantom data & statistics or you become their enemy
Calling Seun as if Seun is going to beat NBS and the data providers with a log of wood. grin
Any info or news that fails to stroke their juvenile egos is wrong and hateful.

You must be really stupid for making that remark. You kids just wake up and write rubbish because you have been paid stipends to come and spread division. Stupid cretin you just wake up and insult people you don't know
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Aidejay(m): 3:18pm On Mar 02, 2022
Angelfrost:

I am deeply shocked by such a reply honestly. What is even wrong with the guy?!! Na wa o!

Some people don't want to ever move forward in life... Such a shame this nation is filled with them. Imagine him comparing me to touts. Like seriously! undecided
That part was hilarious! I'm still laughing. The train of thought though!!! Like how did he go from there to here. It's too funny.

1 Like

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by ThinkSmarter: 3:19pm On Mar 02, 2022
I'm not trying to dispute this factual report.
But the truth is that SE is the region that suffers high emigration rates.
Due to their quest for greener pastures in diaspora.
There is no big Nigerian towns North, West and South that you won't see large population of Igbo communities.
Twitter and Nairaland can attest to the fact Igbos are among the top internet users.
Go-to Airline operators and ask for data of travellers.
I bet ¼ of travellers will be Igbos.
Having said.
We need infrastructure upgrade and human capital development in the region.
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 02, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:
It can't be a mere coincidence that every available growth and development indicator keeps returning negative for the South East. A pointer to the fact that all is not well with that region but some people would like to tell whosoever that cares to listen that everyone is a billionaire in that enclave !

Smart people would have used a report like this one and many more alike to make a genuine request for more federal presence and infrastructural developments in their region but ego won't allow Igbo people to do that ! What a shame ! Igbo man always wants to be seen as "the best" in everything even in the face of contradictory evidences ! He claims that he is the most marginalised yet he won't stop bragging over nothing ! The region's IGR performance is nothing to write home about,Internet penetration report is woeful and Ekene di Chuckwu buses keep arriving other regions in droves ! What does that tell anyone ? Your guess is as good as mine;there is high level poverty in the East !

Oga i knew the aim of this report is to spread hatred and nothing else. This is not from any telco it is from NCC and this report even in the industry is faulted. Anambra has more internet users than Yobe and Borno according to international data from consultancy firms and i didn't even mention Imo that is more of a school area that utilizes more data. You say south east has negative indices but ironically it has the best in unemployment indices. Let us stop deceiving ourselves with all this stats that are cooked. How has it impacted the common man? even you that is talking how has it impacted you. because it is 2023 you guys are justifying your paymasters by concocting data to put the south east as a useless region whereas none of you have even visited the south east in the first place.
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by afroniger: 3:20pm On Mar 02, 2022
obynzo:

Oga let us stop trying to be smart here. I worked on this research and i know what i am saying what you got was from NCC i have seen that document before stop trying to deceive people that you got this from telecom companies

Ok, let's see the data from this research you speak of. You're the one trying to play smart but you aren't. Abi are we just supposed to take your word for it because you said so?? Abeg who you be? If you reject a report from the NCC, Telecoms companies, and NBS, then the onus is on you to supply superior and verifiable data to counter theirs, else you are just an ego-driven noisemaker, sorry.

5 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Angelfrost(m): 3:24pm On Mar 02, 2022
Aidejay:
That part was hilarious! I'm still laughing. The train of thought though!!! Like how did he go from there to here. It's too funny.

That's how shockingly limited their capacity to reason is... Such a shame!!!

1 Like

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 02, 2022
Angelfrost:

That's how shockingly limited their capacity to reason is... Such a shame!!!

You are an idiot to talk like that
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Aidejay(m): 3:27pm On Mar 02, 2022
@afroniger what did I tell you.
It's like you wrote all that only for the imp to strengthen his resolve in ignorance and as usual paint everyone against his ideas a paid agent manufacturing false info. What a schmuck.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Price, Specs Of Infinix Note 6 In Nigeria / Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? / To Check Airtime Balance and Access Expiry Date on MTN via SMS

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.