Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users (29145 Views)

Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul / SIM Registration Of 95.7 Million Subscribers Invalid - NCC / Nigeria, South Africa Deepen Global Internet Penetration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Prolificgiant(m): 1:58pm On Mar 02, 2022
Angelfrost:

That's a shame... Internet is where the real market is now!

I personally make more money online than offline these days! Legit hustling for real.
can you please put me through on this ??
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Ecos(m): 2:00pm On Mar 02, 2022
onikoyikosoko:

Busy with Mpuru Mmiri importation and exportation abi?
Skull hunter, how many skulls have u sold today? Ritualist. Go Bleep urself monkey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 02, 2022
SmartPolician:
IMO, internet penetration is low in the east because most young people from the east don't reside in the region.The SE leaders haven't made effort to create opportunities for our people in order to keep them there. The implication is that every young Igbo wants to migrate to Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt or elsewhere in the world in search of greener pastures.

People often say that anywhere you go and you don't see an Igbo man, you know that nothing is happening there. Funnily enough, our people see that as a good thing. The truth is, there's nothing good about a region's most brilliant minds leaving in droves.

Thats one way at looking at it, got a point.
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Maduawuchukwu(m): 2:01pm On Mar 02, 2022
Very poor and sensational report. The South East is the least populated region in Nigeria by a good measure. So what is the surprise in the fact that it also has the least GSM subscribers?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by monex(m): 2:01pm On Mar 02, 2022
afroniger:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/internet-penetration-why-south-east-remains-lowest-at-13-7-million-users/

Interpreting stats is an important skill to learn.

13.8 million users in the south east does not tell the internet penetration story in any way unless you divide that by the south eastern population

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Jacobx007: 2:01pm On Mar 02, 2022
christinme224:
Very poor reporting and analysis......Going by state by state , south eastern state are far better than other states .....the reason why the sum of south east states is 13.7m is because it is just only 5 states compare to other zones that have 6-7states in one zone ....
Instead of insults, this is the kind of statement that wins an argument. Presentation of facts in a superior manner. I have surrendered because the above statement is the FACT, u Sabi mathematics, many people( including me ooo) never thought of it that way bro

3 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by emmykk(m): 2:05pm On Mar 02, 2022
Orangeburger:

Are you cursed from staying n developing your region ?

I don't think you have sense
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by pocohantas(f): 2:07pm On Mar 02, 2022
Leoleo1:
Life's beyond that now. Especially in marketing. People now make more sales online than having physical shops!!!!

Painfully many of them do not know. The things Lagos online sellers use to do shakara are scattered all over the streets of Aba and Onitsha. If I were residing in those places, PH and Uyo people for done hear am. I go buy Benz before Christmas. grin

sokera:
if you are Igbo and you are saying this that means you are very very smart and intelligent… I have always say that developing your space and region is the best and not migrating all over within Nigeria and you attack those places leaders and you call them thief when your own leaders are killing commerce and stealing your commonwealth… you will see Igbo ppl call Tinubu thief and call the man different unprintable names but their leaders are the useless ones in Nigeria … Igbos think Nigeria will last forever , when the time comes we break this country and then you all have to return to your region then you will know developing your space is the best

When I say this, it looks like I am not Igbo enough. We have so much business acumen, but we are plagued with the worst leaders in the SE. I would never understand why my people are more obsessed with Tinubu and Biafra.

11 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by onikoyikosoko: 2:12pm On Mar 02, 2022
Ecos:
Skull hunter, how many skulls have u sold today? Ritualist. Go Bleep urself monkey

cheesy grin grin

E pain am

7 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Afamed: 2:14pm On Mar 02, 2022
This is what you get when you make IPoB the chief Executive of your region. Shm

8 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Oduduwa707: 2:16pm On Mar 02, 2022
SmartPolician:
IMO, internet penetration is low in the east because most young people from the east don't reside in the region.The SE leaders haven't made effort to create opportunities for our people in order to keep them there. The implication is that every young Igbo wants to migrate to Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt or elsewhere in the world in search of greener pastures.

People often say that anywhere you go and you don't see an Igbo man, you know that nothing is happening there. Funnily enough, our people see that as a good thing. The truth is, there's nothing good about a region's most brilliant minds leaving in droves.

Even. Chris Ngige, an ex governor was boasting and chest-beating to be an 'Ikoyi boy' while his region lies in ruins. grin

8 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by pacespot(m): 2:19pm On Mar 02, 2022
Igbos dominate the informal market in the country, that might have kept them busy in other areas. The Ọmọ nnà that is attending to customers in the shop, how long does he have to log on Twitter?

1 Like

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Nisiw365: 2:25pm On Mar 02, 2022
pacespot:
Igbos dominate the informal market in the country, that might have kept them busy in other areas. The Ọmọ nnà that is attending to customers in the shop, how long does he have to log on Twitter?
so only formal marketers use data? What about those who aren't traders. Truth of the matter is that there is nothing in se

6 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Nostring: 2:28pm On Mar 02, 2022
kettykin:
For those who have the highest internet penetration please how has their lives been better than the South East
but people from same South East Dy troop in to com hawk gala and soft drink fr Lagos cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Amah70: 2:30pm On Mar 02, 2022
SmartPolician:

Southeast governors are busy with what they call building state capital, but abandon rest of the state to decay and depopulation. They compete with building flyovers in the state capital while common pipe borne water does not exist in their states.

In Imo state for example, "I am building Owerri state capital to international standard, or to designer's delight," is what we heard and hear from former governor Rochas Okorocha and present governor Hope Uzodinma respectively. The two demolishing and rebuilding in Owerri but causing decay and depopulation of abandoned rest of the state, has been the situation in Imo state in the last ten years.

1 Like

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Aidejay(m): 2:30pm On Mar 02, 2022
kettykin:
For those who have the highest internet penetration please how has their lives been better than the South East
it's better to the extent that south easterners would rather go to those places to live & do business than stay in their region.

6 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Elliotwaveforec: 2:31pm On Mar 02, 2022
Wetin concern Igboman with internet? No be to sell electronics and spare parts. Den never know say say money don comot for street, na online e dey now.

7 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Aidejay(m): 2:32pm On Mar 02, 2022
Ecos:
We are busy with our lives. We don't have much time wasting on cyber space.
this decade when cyber space becomes the new oil boom and another tribe is dominating you people will come out and shout "marginalisation" and "they hate us".

7 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Pharaoh4rin(m): 2:34pm On Mar 02, 2022
ERockson:
Na only mouth Dem get

Arant nonsense
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by adefitim(m): 2:34pm On Mar 02, 2022
emmykk:
How many yorubas and Hausa/fulani are in south east? But there are more igbo scatter around Nigeria increase the data of other region.

So what’s your point?
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Khaysee: 2:36pm On Mar 02, 2022
Network providers should be paying states huge tax

Affordable men clothing payment on delivery Turkey shirts from 4K
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Pharaoh4rin(m): 2:36pm On Mar 02, 2022
lightskinnigga:
what is the meaning of “internet penetration

Pls explain this to me..

Thanks

At the mention of penetration, your mind has reclined. Cha!! grin grin
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by shortIGBOman: 2:36pm On Mar 02, 2022
Ecos:
Ur senseless human being. U go and kill urself because of envy goat

Envy for what? What do you have that I'll envy? Where I come from, we no dey chest beat, but na we get money pass. We still get power. Remember, money is power. We get power even in your region.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Basheer22: 2:37pm On Mar 02, 2022
Ecos:

Truth is Igbos are backwards in matters relating to digital tech. How many tech founders are Igbos compared to others? Very few.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 02, 2022
Ecos:
Hollow Brain. Una get annoying excuse for everything. Go and Sit down. Mollusc!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by shortIGBOman: 2:42pm On Mar 02, 2022
Ecos:
Ur senseless human being. U go and kill urself because of envy goat

.the thing pain this man well well cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 02, 2022
The poster is yet again another mischievous fellow. I have done a research with an Infrastructure company and they stated that MTN has 1,560 Masts in that state. That apart from Lagos the next state with the highest density of Masts is Anambra. Again it calls to question how the south east that in the past 7 years has been ravaged by war will have more internet users than south east that one is another very big fat lie. Only Anambra has a higher internet penetration that Borno and Yobe.

Please all this malicious lies and games has to stop. I really dunno why Seun allows this to happen as at 2007/2008 Nairaland was a good place where one can discuss about things and get real advice, but now we have unrepentant tribalist who are jobless depending on stipends to become e-rats ruining this forum.
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Angelfrost(m): 2:46pm On Mar 02, 2022
Iceberg3:

You should be the one ashamed of yourself cos you making your dough online and others don't,what's the big deal?!
This agberoes chairman in Lagos,MC oluomo git almost all his kids in the States,is he into online stuff? You being proud now but he can you and your entire family,you know,stop being bladdy arrogant,thanks

Sigh... There is absolutely no correlation between your post and mine.

The use of the term 'shame' is not an insult in any way, at least not in the context of usage. It's simply to bemoan the missed opportunities of not getting involved in the huge market of opportunities online.

I wasn't even bragging... What is there to brag about?!! Is it even anything new?!! Do some research sir. Did you even miss the part where I stated that I work both online and offline?!! That's to say I actually have a legit physical well paying job and Hustle.

...And I certainly wasn't talking about touts since you are clearly one. I was talking about the future which is already here!

Thank you!!!

P.S: You really need to go learn how to engage in civil discourse. Even friends of mine with poor education don't use such gutter words.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? / Price, Specs Of Infinix Note 6 In Nigeria / Tecno Camon C10 Specs And Price: What You Should Expect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.