Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users (29093 Views)

Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul / SIM Registration Of 95.7 Million Subscribers Invalid - NCC / Nigeria, South Africa Deepen Global Internet Penetration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Nisiw365: 4:15pm On Mar 02, 2022
emmykk:

You are so pain.i am an isoko both know the Nigerian tribe that travel far and wide in Nigeria for business.
After the igbo it is the Hausa.
The yoruba hardly leave their enclave.

So when internet user statistics is out and the south east figure is low ,that shows their usage contribute to those of other region.

Go to Lagos,Abuja,pH and even interior villages of any part of these country they are there.

Some comedian have even said if you visit any Nigeria city and you don't find igbo man you should run.

It doesn't tell much about them that they don't accomodate but that they travel alot.

So if you are so pain over obvious truth you better go and check yourself.
If there are opportunities in isoko and se, would you be travelling up and down like economic refugees? Everything is in sw, we dont need to travel to sad yeast people are running away from

4 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by VEHINTOLAR: 4:19pm On Mar 02, 2022
shortIGBOman:

It's worst than this. When you come to the East, you will know how poverty and underdevelopment has eaten deep in the East. The media hardly report most things that happen in the East, cause other Nigerian don't come here for work. And Igbo journalist will never write about the negative part of the East. You know how proud Igbo People are.

I live in Owerri and I tell you this. It's worst here.

Chai, that's scary then ! Where are all the so called billionaires that we are made to believe are found in every household in the east ? Are they ghosts or mere imaginations of some chest beaters and braggarts ?

5 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by emmykk(m): 4:20pm On Mar 02, 2022
Nisiw365:
If there are opportunities in isoko and se, would you be travelling up and down like economic refugees? Everything is in sw, we dont need to travel to sad yeast people are running away from

Whether heaven and earth is in south west.
The reason I give you is the reason the data stats show that short fall so deal with that.

As for everything in south west why is it that all Nigerians are not in south west?

In Kano for instance has more population that any other part of Nigeria.
People live where they like not myopic reason you put forth
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Aidejay(m): 4:23pm On Mar 02, 2022
oilykid:

Was not the biggest startup then before apple bought it or not.. I was just trying to keep your fellow afonja informed.. they are many startups owned by igbos as well as other tribes in Nigeria..
As if I knew, one single research this dilly no go do. Just in case you're still adamant on refusing to expand the semi defunct knowledge base you acquired from the gutter just leave here knowing that by the grace of god almighty and to the shame of hapless people, Yorubas "dominate" the Nigerian tech startups industry. Before you inform another person, oya inform yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 02, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

This is laughable,you know ? It is only the NCC that's in a position to render a report like this one but not any telco as you erroneously assumed ! Isn't it the NCC that regulates the activities of all telecommunication companies in Nigeria and in possession of all users data base ? So,what are you talking about man ? That report,just like others before it,is accurate and can't be faulted by any telco.

Please,show it here that report that says south east "has the best in unemployment indices" ! I'll like to read it. It will be nice as well to read here,the reports of those "consultancy firms" with their "international data" that claims that Anambra has more internet users than Borno and Yobe. As for your claims about Imo,don't you know that there are schools in Borno and Yobe too ? You think the people over there are monkeys ? They are not;they attend schools too just like other Nigerians.

Nobody hates Igbo people and there is nobody paying anyone to write shit about you guys. Fact,no matter what remains what it is and it is a fact ! Igbo people always like to exaggerate their actual capacity and that's what makes it looks like the whole world hates you guys when a verifiable,lie bursting fact like this one comes to the fore !

......waiting for those reports I requested.

The statement you made that they like exaggerating their capacity shows someone who feels intimidated. An igbo man believes in being himself and showing that he can do anything if you feel intimidated that's your business. I will get you the one from NCC
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Nisiw365: 4:24pm On Mar 02, 2022
emmykk:

Whether heaven and earth is in south west.
The reason I give you is the reason the data stats show that short fall so deal with that.

As for everything in south west why is it that all Nigerians are not in south west?

In Kano for instance has more population that any other part of Nigeria.
People live where they like not myopic reason you put forth
Illiterate shut up. Lagos is the most populated state in nigeria. Do you see kano indigenes moving up and down like abandoned baby? Do you see americans, germans, chineese moving in millions out of their land like igbos do. When they tell you to go to school, you refused

7 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Randomgist(m): 4:28pm On Mar 02, 2022
This report is not balanced, seems to have other motives oder than reporting facts. How can you make comparison of the regions using population in stead of percentage of users, knowing fully well that South East has the lowest number of states and lowest in population?
The intent of the report may be improve internet infrastructure in the states, which is good, but comparing regions improperly is wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Aidejay(m): 4:29pm On Mar 02, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

This is laughable,you know ? It is only the NCC that's in a position to render a report like this one but not any telco as you erroneously assumed ! Isn't it the NCC that regulates the activities of all telecommunication companies in Nigeria and in possession of all users data base ? So,what are you talking about man ? That report,just like others before it,is accurate and can't be faulted by any telco.

Please,show it here that report that says south east "has the best in unemployment indices" ! I'll like to read it. It will be nice as well to read here,the reports of those "consultancy firms" with their "international data" that claims that Anambra has more internet users than Borno and Yobe. As for your claims about Imo,don't you know that there are schools in Borno and Yobe too ? You think the people over there are monkeys ? They are not;they attend schools too just like other Nigerians.

Nobody hates Igbo people and there is nobody paying anyone to write shit about you guys. Fact,no matter what remains what it is and it is a fact ! Igbo people always like to exaggerate their actual capacity and that's what makes it looks like the whole world hates you guys when a verifiable,lie bursting fact like this one comes to the fore !

......waiting for those reports I requested.

How long are you willing to wait? grin
They've demonised statistics from NBS, NCC, to replace it with statistics from imaginary consultancy firm and delusional international data.
worse saying their wonderous magical statistics is what it is is tantamount to hate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by oilykid(m): 4:29pm On Mar 02, 2022
Nyanmiridunce:
[s]Haaaaaaaaa, na lie go kill you. This guy said most tech startups are owned by ibos. Are you even serious right now?

Flutterwave recently became the most valuable African tech company. Both flutterwave and paystack are owned by yorubas. Kuda nko? Calendly nko? Should I go on? You people derive joy in ego-massaging, I swear. You will lie and still find happiness in such lie. What manner of tribe are you people?

Can you then list your 'most' tech startups by ibos[/s].
Afonja problem is that they think that everything starts and ends with them..

Etranzact -valentine obi

Iroko-jason njoku

Chika Nwobi — L5 Lab

Obinna Ekezie — Wakanow

Chijioke Dozie - Cofounder & CEO at OneFi

Ugodre Obi-chukwu - Founder of Nairametrics

LeoStan Ekeh -zinox technology later acquired kings

Onyeka Akumah - Founder and CEO of Farmcrowdy, Nigeria's first digital agriculture
platform.

Ifeoma Uddoh - Founder and CEO at
Shecluded

Obi Ozor - Cofounder and CEO at Kobo360,

Onyekachi Izukanne - Cofounder and CEO at TradeDepot,

Nkem Okocha - CEO and founder of Mamamoni,

Buchi Okoro - Quidax CEO, founder

Elo Umeh - Terragon group

Carbon group-Chijioke Dozie

Seamfix Nigeria- leading provider of innovative technological solutions, with footprints in Identity Management, process automation, digitization and data management, for corporate institutions & governments.

There are many of them, these are the ones I can remember
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by emmykk(m): 4:33pm On Mar 02, 2022
Nisiw365:
Illiterate shut up. Lagos is the most populated state in nigeria. Do you see kano indigenes moving up and down like abandoned baby? Do you see americans, germans, chineese moving in millions out of their land like igbos do. When they tell you to go to school, you refused

I m done with you.the truth is already inject in you it is left for you to work with it or argue.
Bye

1 Like

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by oilykid(m): 4:33pm On Mar 02, 2022
Aidejay:
[s]As if I knew, one single research this dilly no go do. Just in case you're still adamant on refusing to expand the semi defunct knowledge base you acquired from the gutter just leave here knowing that by the grace of god almighty and to the shame of hapless people, Yorubas dominate the tech startups industry. Before you inform another person, oya inform yourself.[/s]
They dominate that of the world too.. Afonja and chest beating.. Go and do your research first.. when the likes Chinedu Echeruo was building a million dollar start-up Afonjas didn't know what start-ups where then..
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by oilykid(m): 4:38pm On Mar 02, 2022
Nisiw365:
[s] Flutterwave, abeg, paystack, calendy, etc are owned by yorubas. Tech and igbos shouldn't be in the same sentence[/s]
Another afonja who thinks everything revolves around them..go and check the list I gave brother in this thread and cure your foolish self.. igbo sons like Chinedu Echeruo have built a million dollar tech startup and sold it before any afonja ever dreamt of it
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by okorogodwin4(m): 4:39pm On Mar 02, 2022
Afonja skull miners oil soup Pomo eating zombies writing rubbish NDI efulefu
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by shortIGBOman: 4:40pm On Mar 02, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

Chai, that's scary then ! Where are all the so called billionaires that we are made to believe are found in every household in the east ? Are they ghosts or mere imaginations of some chest beaters and braggarts ?

Guy, i tell you this. Millions of people in the East have not eaten today since morning. It's that bad. Most people live from hand to mouth. That's why Enugu Government shared Wheel Barrows to their youths on hired purchase last year. If all Igbos are Billionaires as they claimed, will their State Governors share wheel barrow on hired purchase?

This sit at home also made matters worst. Cause most of them can only afford to feed their family when they go to the market and make sales for the day, then they buy the food stuffs their families will eat for that day, on their way back home.

From the way Ibos act online, you will think they don't have beggers in the East.. There are many indegineous beggers here, you will think it's only Northerners that beg. Here you will find fake blind beggers, fake Cripple, fake Deaf and Dumb. Northern beggers no dey come here due to the hostile nature of the people here. grin grin grin grin

Poverty is everywhere and most Nigerians admit this. But Igbos claimed they are all Billionaires in the East. From their claims online, you will think that, East is one paradise. grin grin grin

Do you know that, Onitsha have the highest numbers of Agberos? Onitsha Agberos are more than half population of Anambra State. They are also very deadly. There's no way you will ever escape them when you visit Onitsha. When they accost you,

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Nisiw365: 4:42pm On Mar 02, 2022
oilykid:

Another afonja who thinks everything revolves around them..go and check the list I gave brother in this thread and cure your foolish self.. igbo sons like Chinedu Echeruo have built a million dollar tech startup and sold it before any afonja ever dreamt of it
Rest. Like i said igbos and tech shouldnt be in same sentence. Na fake spare parts, fake electronics, fake cd, fake charger and fake gala una sabi

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by oilykid(m): 4:43pm On Mar 02, 2022
Nisiw365:
Rest. Like i said igbos and tech shouldnt be in same sentence. Na fake spare parts, fake electronics, fake cd, fake charger and fake gala una sabi
Same afonja should be in the same sentence with skull mining, ritual killings,fraud and arm robberies..
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by shortIGBOman: 4:44pm On Mar 02, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

Guy, i tell you this. Millions of people in the East have not eaten today since morning. It's that bad. Most people live from hand to mouth. That's why Enugu Government shared Wheel Barrows to their youths on hired purchase last year. If all Igbos are Billionaires as they claimed, will their State Governors share wheel barrow on hired purchase?

This sit at home also made matters worst. Cause most of them can only afford to feed their family when they go to the market and make sales for the day, then they buy the food stuffs their families will eat for that day, on their way back home.

From the way Ibos act online, you will think they don't have beggers in the East.. There are many indegineous beggers here, you will think it's only Northerners that beg. Here you will find fake blind beggers, fake Cripple, fake Deaf and Dumb. Northern beggers no dey come here due to the hostile nature of the people here. grin grin grin grin

Poverty is everywhere and most Nigerians admit this. But Igbos claimed they are all Billionaires in the East. From their claims online, you will think that, East is one paradise. grin grin grin

Do you know that, Onitsha have the highest numbers of Agberos? Onitsha Agberos are more than half population of Anambra State. They are also very deadly. There's no way you will ever escape them when you visit Onitsha. When they accost you, they will collect several levies from you. grin They will collect matching ground levy, you will pay levy for trouser you wear, you will pay for your Shirt, Phone and even the money in your possession. You must pay all those levies. And it's only the grace of God that will safe you for not collecting one hot slap grin grin grin

Jobless people grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Nisiw365: 4:46pm On Mar 02, 2022
emmykk:

I m done with you.the truth is already inject in you it is left for you to work with it or argue.
Bye
You have no truth. You are just an illiterate with no exposure. If i have 1m job in lagos, i would leave it and travel to other region in the name of travelling. Does it make sense to you

2 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Nisiw365: 4:47pm On Mar 02, 2022
oilykid:

Same afonja should be in the same sentence with skull mining, ritual killings,fraud and arm robberies..
meth in pains

5 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by splashbaby(m): 4:55pm On Mar 02, 2022
Orch1981:

Guy come my area make you see how your Yoruba brother dey carry bread for head Waka all place I dey sorry for them honestly [color=#770077][/color]
Really maybe deported Igbos from Lagos that has been hawking galas and CDs. They can speak Yoruba. Don't mistake them for Yorubas, they are Igbos.

The "Lagos is no man's town" music wey Igbos dey sing all the time don dey show for home town...home town is left undeveloped with miscreants calling the shots with Mpuru Mmiri while una dey develop and drag other people town. Igbos are losing their most important strength "Economic dentity" and the rippling effects are showing back home.

Only Igbos will support PDP and give APC order to feature an Igbo presidential candidate while calling for BIAFRA. Una just dey total confused with little or no sense of direction. Its not a mistake that the only civil war Nigeria fought was in Igbo land and all because of the anger and tactless brainless red cap wearing elders that value money above all things. How can you fight war at home? You can't win, never.

3 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by oilykid(m): 5:02pm On Mar 02, 2022
Nisiw365:
meth in pains
Afonja in severe pains cheesy
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by oilykid(m): 5:04pm On Mar 02, 2022
Nisiw365:
You have no truth. You are just an illiterate with no exposure. If i have 1m job in lagos, i would leave it and travel to other region in the name of travelling. Does it make sense to you
Are they no millions of afonjas leaving their unproductive states coming to Lagos.. is Lagos their state. Was Lagos developed by them.. Nigerians have invested lot of money in Lagos to develop it and every Nigerian have the right to live there.. maybe,you should tell other afonjas including you to leave Lagos the real indigenes

1 Like

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by LoveThemChubby(m): 5:09pm On Mar 02, 2022
Cryofigbos:

Keep writing jagons up and down.....dey said ur region lack proper infrastructure u r looking for way out instead of demanding better governance from ur governors....that's why yoruba ppl get sense pass una grin
Did you even read what I wrote? I guess no. It baffles me how some of you confidently and ignorantly insult people online, making unsavory remarks.
I know reading is a big problem for this generation so let me help you understand a few things in summary. In my earlier comment, I said
1. The SE actually has low bandwidth penetration
2. I don't agree with the other user's assertion that the low usage in the south east is because the people of the region travel out and leave just few people back home. Instead I pointed out that Igbo villages are even more inhabited
3. I advanced the high cost involved in putting in place telecom infrastructure as the major reason for the poor availability of telecom infrastructure in the SE and consequently low growth rate.
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Nisiw365: 5:10pm On Mar 02, 2022
oilykid:

Are they no millions of afonjas leaving their unproductive states coming to Lagos.. is Lagos their state. Was Lagos developed by them.. Nigerians have invested lot of money in Lagos to develop it and every Nigerian have the right to live there.. maybe,you should tell other afonjas including you to leave Lagos the real indigenes
oloriburuku stfu. Lagos is owned by yorubas with yoruba kings and governor bordered by yoruba states in sw. No one forced your worthless father to invest in lagos. All yorubas own all yoruba land in sw. So take your cursed investment to your wretched region

3 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Nisiw365: 5:13pm On Mar 02, 2022
oilykid:

Afonja in severe pains cheesy
meth cannibal in pains

3 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by oilykid(m): 5:13pm On Mar 02, 2022
Nisiw365:
[s]oloriburuku stfu. Lagos is owned by yorubas with yoruba kings and governor bordered by yoruba states in sw. No one forced your worthless father to invest in lagos. All yorubas own all yoruba land in sw. So take your cursed investment to your wretched region[/s]
Owned by afonjas who were not able to develop it until Nigerians and FG did.. go back to your unproductive states in the land of skull mining and head hunters.. Lagos is not your state
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Tobianojoel(m): 5:17pm On Mar 02, 2022
Eyah! It's because they lack development. Where are the developers? Head to South East immediately, I repeat, head to South East immediately for action. ���
Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Nisiw365: 5:20pm On Mar 02, 2022
oilykid:

Owned by afonjas who were not able to develop it until Nigerians and FG did.. go back to your unproductive states in the land of skull mining and head hunters.. Lagos is not your state
Olofo. Like i told you. All yorubas own everywhere in yoruba land. An unborn child in ikire is a lagosian already unlike you who is an outsider. Go back to your unproductive cursed poverty stricken region. God bless lagos state

5 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by Tobianojoel(m): 5:21pm On Mar 02, 2022
oilykid:

That's different, Lagos belongs to the Afonjas. Anyway, you are welcome to spend your money there and later return to your village empty handed. You can't even browse in your village. ���

5 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by VEHINTOLAR: 5:21pm On Mar 02, 2022
Aidejay:
How long are you willing to wait? grin
They've demonised statistics from NBS, NCC, to replace it with statistics from imaginary consultancy firm and delusional international data.
worse saying their wonderous magical statistics is what it is is tantamount to hate.

Lol !

1 Like

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by haffaze777(m): 5:22pm On Mar 02, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Forget stories, your region is the least from the statistics. grin grin grin
That guy is right,NBC for add Ogun state join south east and see wetin go xupgrin

4 Likes

Re: Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users by oilykid(m): 5:23pm On Mar 02, 2022
Tobianojoel:

That's different, Lagos belongs to the Afonjas. Anyway, you are welcome to spend your money there and later return to your village empty handed. You can't even browse in your village. ���
Same with you,at the end of the day, you will return to your afonja skull mining state

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Realme Phones - Let's Discuss / Lets See Your Phone Homescreen / Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.