Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,283 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum (84764 Views)

Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience / Honest Nigerian Stylist, Returns N600K Mistakenly Credited To His Account / Bank Mistakenly Credited A Zimbabwean Student's Account With N19.4M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Codeye(m): 2:27pm On Mar 06, 2022
Seaseason07:

Go to your bank, write a report and ask them to transfer it back to the bank number where it was from. Trust me someone did it and he will later call you to send it to another account which is a POS account and once you do that, you're in trouble because the money was stole from those careless ladies who give out their account details for free money from those scammers. They won't arrest the POS, they will arrest you. Do that tomorrow morning. No free or mistake money anywhere. Better a free man with nothing in his account than one facing wahala.
I'm waiting for someone to make that scam mistake with me. Then till then
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Greatdand007(m): 2:28pm On Mar 06, 2022
executive12:

Just make sure you have 500,000 because you will still pay back as soon as they discover the mistake.

I can’t pay nada who send them to send me money
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Danniedpastor(m): 2:28pm On Mar 06, 2022
OlodoGraduate:

LoL. I can't spend a dime from it, sir.
I no get money,but no be me own am.
One day, I go get my own too grin
So, I'll go with the second advice.
And sir,does Union transfer means it's from Union Bank?
I think there's this kind of payment like PayPal etc that bears Union or something.
Kindly enlighten, sir.

Just go to your bank, they will direct you better
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by chukwugoziegi: 2:36pm On Mar 06, 2022
Stephenmoka4:
Do you think EFCC would believe him if he told them he contacted his bank? (assuming he did)

Yes!

No funds can't be moved out of a freezed account. He should have called the bank to freeze his account the minute he got that alert. Call first, then go to the bank to explain how you know nothing about the money.

When I lost my smaller phone (my major line where I get my SMS alert) on the bus 4years ago, I googled GTB's customer care number with my second phone and called them to inform them about it. I also informed a friend of mine who works at the bank (I make it an habit to make friends with at least one person from the two banks I use. Those people are lifesavers) They freezed the account and told me to come to the bank later when they want me to lift the restriction.

A couple of days later after retrieving the line, I went to the back and wrote a letter to allow me use my account.

Why keep money that isn't yours? Especially when you're not even expecting money from anyone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by dododawa1: 2:43pm On Mar 06, 2022
Oga,best advice, contact your bank and police at one's.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by RoyalBoutique(m): 2:52pm On Mar 06, 2022
odijeks:

His bank has no right to remove funds from his account. Best they can do is to give info of the sender and op can reach out to him and make a transfer. The bank can't take out funds from your acct without your authorization

Wow, you are just amazing.

So when he goes to his bank and request they reverse the money, the bank will say no, because they are waiting for his authorization?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Segloyd(m): 3:03pm On Mar 06, 2022
OlodoGraduate:

I think there's this kind of payment like PayPal etc that bears Union or something.
Kindly enlighten, sir.

Go to your bank. They will give you details of who sent it and bank.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by akmath: 3:05pm On Mar 06, 2022
Legitexchanger:
it's mine, please email me for procedure on how to send it back
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Truth234(m): 3:08pm On Mar 06, 2022
teeytimi:
pls don't try to go to the bank oo, they're all thieves I have that terrible experience that I mistakenly send money to wrong account, which I reported to my bank and they contact union Bank on my behalf and I later got the person information through Facebook, we both went to union Bank in okoko Lagos that I'm the one that wrongly transferred 50k to her account, could you believe they asked her to fill refund form which she did and then they withdraw the money from her account until now since 4 months ago they didn't return my money, I have disturb them tired, assuming I know I will eventually see the person on Facebook I wouldn't have report the issue, she could have helped me to withdraw it direct and send to me but I know God will surely judge okoko union Bank for my stress and my money Amen

Go on Twitter and drag them with evidence... They will respond and pay you with speed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Godplan123(m): 3:13pm On Mar 06, 2022
OlodoGraduate:
Hello, bosses.
Just this evening, I received an alert of #120,000 from an unknown person.
It says union transfer.
I really don't know what condition the person would be right now.
Am I to go to my bank to complain or to Union Bank?
Pls, I need helpful replies.

Clam down and wait until on Monday morning kindly go inside Union Bank Hall and make a complain about it and request that you want to see the person so you can confirm the person really got it money back...
God bless you
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Sandrafy(f): 3:18pm On Mar 06, 2022
techgen:
If Kuda bank make this mistake with me…na to buy cry*to asap….I go balance wait them, dem go call their Yanch lost, my failed transaction wey them nor gree return and nor reply email go speak for me…Nonsense and ingredient banking systems �

This is exactly what Kuda bank is doing to me right now. The most annoying thing is that the person in question has given his consent for my money to be reversed to my account since February 1. Kuda keeps telling me “ we are waiting for a response from Gtb bank” same phrase for 7and half weeks now. Meanwhile I sent a mail to Gtb consigning the erroneous transaction , do you know GtBank replied me right away and said That the issue has been rectified since and it’s Kuda that is yet to liaise with them for funds recall ? Yet Each time I call and send them mail about my cash and they keep claiming it’s Gtbank that is not responding. Kuda bank does not give a F**k about their customers

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by RealityBender(f): 3:20pm On Mar 06, 2022
OlodoGraduate:
Hello, bosses.
It says union transfer.
Did you recently pray for a miracle credit alert? If so, then that’s God surprising you. Feel free to spend grin
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by 360command: 3:22pm On Mar 06, 2022
EASYGURU:
Many Nigerians still have a very good heart. Yes we still exist.
we do but I can tell you this, it is because if anyone takes the money from the bank, it is traceable. They have your name, your picture, your address, your phone no, your log in ip address which is linked to your phone serial and model .

If it was to be another crime which do not require much tracing, many Nigerians will fall under this category.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Oceanblaze(m): 3:25pm On Mar 06, 2022
You see miracle alert you dey fear...e be like you no dey Nigeria
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by EASYGURU(m): 3:36pm On Mar 06, 2022
Stephenmoka4:
Don't the weapon scare you especially if told to come down and they isolate you somewhere...

Hahahaha. Never would a police man's outfit intimidate me. I'm in my mid 20's driving my own car within major roads in lagos as well as inter state, you need to see me when i humiliate members of police men whom are extortionists. Lol I've been in this position severally and at the end of the day i triumph without paying a penny or making calls or even go physical with them. Just my level of literacy and out spokeness intimidates them. I have the police act 2020 full Constitution printed in my car and i always show them the law and exercise my rights within the purview of the law.

Over two years now i cannot remember the last time i gave a police man a penny but i remembered just last week Monday i verbally insulted and educate a whole police check point.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Osanoghodua1: 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2022
Go to the bank, and demand for his phone number (the bank the person transferred the money from.) Let them call the sender and ask if it was a mistake. Don't listen to thieves telling you not to submit the money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Stephenmoka4(m): 3:43pm On Mar 06, 2022
EASYGURU:

Hahahaha. Never would a police man's outfit intimidate me. I'm in my mid 20's driving my own car within major roads in lagos as well as inter state, you need to see me when i humiliate members of police men whom are extortionists. Lol I've been in this position severally and at the end of the day i triumph without paying a penny or making calls or even go physical with them. Just my level of literacy and out spokeness intimidates them. I have the police act 2020 full Constitution printed in my car and i always show them the law and exercise my rights within the purview of the law.

Over two years now i cannot remember the last time i gave a police man a penny but i remembered just last week Monday i verbally insulted and educate a whole police check point.
Here in the South, it's not easy to drive pass as a young man. Camry, Corolla (looking good), Venza, Mercedes Benz, Lexus (almost all kind), any flashy cars with young owners are target for them. Not just police even task force, some sars lookalike, white and black uniform men do it. You will be driving and then hold-ups, see queue of cars all because of selfish gains. Commercial vehicles, trailers and elderly can drive past but young man and woman, sorry when them say stop with their gun.

For you to do that (insult police or humiliate them) still makes me question the country you are in, ordinary Agofure driver that complained he was stop, the police nearly hit his head with gun.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by mechanics(m): 3:44pm On Mar 06, 2022
Go to your bank and complain, this is a test of your faith, do the right thing to have a clear conscience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by bepositive11: 3:47pm On Mar 06, 2022
OlodoGraduate:

Kindly enlighten, sir.

Good thinking. Not many people have that kind of discipline when it comes to money. Keep it up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by WarriAproko: 3:55pm On Mar 06, 2022
soundOsonic:
No go to the bank o. No touch the money. Wait for 3 months. After 3 months you fit spend am.
Or don't listen to my advice, go to the bank and they will contact the donor.

If you spend the money, you go cough am out o
lies. The person can't do anything. This is miracle money
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by EASYGURU(m): 3:58pm On Mar 06, 2022
Stephenmoka4:
Here in the South, it's not easy to drive pass as a young man. Camry, Corolla (looking good), Venza, Mercedes Benz, Lexus (almost all kind), any flashy cars with young owners are target for them. Not just police even task force, some sars lookalike, white and black uniform men do it. You will be driving and then hold-ups, see queue of cars all because of selfish gains. Commercial vehicles, trailers and elderly can drive past but young man and woman, sorry when them say stop with their gun.

For you to do that (insult police or humiliate them) still makes me question the country you are in, ordinary Agofure driver that complained he was stop, the police nearly hit his head with gun.

Lol. We all differ in our respective ways sha. Just that same last week, immigration officers stoped me while i was driving to idiroko local government in Ogun state. I refused and now started shouting at him. That i won't and he has no rights whatsoever to ask me do that. Knowing fully well oir traffic laws is against parking and blocking movement of others on highway is an offence, i packed my car first beside the main road, came down and he asked me for my DL, i told him outrightly. That's not your duty and i won't give it to you, he asked for my car papers and other stuffs like fire extinguisher, jack, wheel spanner and all, i didn't show him anywhere. I told him he has no right to ask any of those from me. After much debate and verbal excuses, i got provoked and asked that I'm being taken to Nigerian immigration office and state my offence there and why i need to be arrested. At a point when they saw how prepared i wanted them to take me to their office without giving and ID. They just let me go.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Aaaoo: 4:09pm On Mar 06, 2022
How
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by WarriAproko: 4:10pm On Mar 06, 2022
If we reach police station or u calll me i go say nah debt wen u dey owe me u pay
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Niwdog(m): 4:16pm On Mar 06, 2022
AuroraB:
Kai �
Must you say it smiley cool
yeah babe
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by METTLESUM: 4:19pm On Mar 06, 2022
An Tinubu campaign fund. Go on a spending spree my nigga. That's your entitlement for the next 4 years. Claim yours and except to wallow in untold hardship from 2023 -2027. Take Care
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 06, 2022
Legitexchanger:

Bros wetin u talk?..... Hope no be say u dey try claim my money

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 06, 2022
OlodoGraduate:
Hello, bosses.
It says union transfer.
Go to your bank and write a report. Do not withdraw the money and hand over to them. Ask them to reverse it electronically

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by sibepoc(m): 4:30pm On Mar 06, 2022
I mistake credited someone this same amount twice last two weeks. I'm still on the case

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by ollydee: 4:31pm On Mar 06, 2022
So 120k is huge
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Iceberg3: 5:05pm On Mar 06, 2022
Legitexchanger:
TIFnubu grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 06, 2022
eaglechild:

That is not true.
The bank has the responsibility to keep your money safe.
The banks have not been living to their responsibilities of keeping customers money safe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Kakamorufu(m): 5:25pm On Mar 06, 2022
The 40k my brother mistakenly sent to somebody, till date he has not been credited the money despite all the complains he mad to both banks. Nothing has happened to the recipient.

I aM patiently waiiting for the day when a something hooge will enter my account. wink wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man / Electric Cable At First Bank ATM Mile 12, Lagos (photos) / Domain Name Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.