Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum (84765 Views)

Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience / Honest Nigerian Stylist, Returns N600K Mistakenly Credited To His Account / Bank Mistakenly Credited A Zimbabwean Student's Account With N19.4M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by sylve11: 5:27pm On Mar 06, 2022
DarkJeddi:
This one na trap them done set for you o..

Just chop am and your 2022 done enter..

Na to dey drag you like Tiger generator.. grin

grin grin cool
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by peppermint7(m): 6:15pm On Mar 06, 2022
EASYGURU:

Go on and ask, speak freely, I'm all ears
Na Redmi 10 you de use so
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by IamAsiri: 6:22pm On Mar 06, 2022
OlodoGraduate:

LoL. I can't spend a dime from it, sir.
I no get money,but no be me own am.
One day, I go get my own too grin
So, I'll go with the second advice.
And sir,does Union transfer means it's from Union Bank?
I think there's this kind of payment like PayPal etc that bears Union or something.
Kindly enlighten, sir.

Yes. It means it's from Union Bank.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by 123yes(m): 6:26pm On Mar 06, 2022
This may be miracle money from your pastor.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Slymking: 6:34pm On Mar 06, 2022
EASYGURU:
Something similar happened to me last weeks. I logged into my wema bank mobile banking app so I'll spend money in my alawee account that I've not touched oooo. Lo and behold. I saw another bank account there with 2.2mil naira. Note I used my own Mobil banking details to login ooo only for me to see another person account number on my profile. I had access to empty the whole 2.2m using the same mibile banking pin as i used in logging in ooo or finger print but i ignored. I just called bank straight and for over 5days bank didn't do anything. I had to call them again warning them that i have no interest in the money as i don't know how it became attached to my profile and i also do nor have any interest in the funds there. I told them this is the sixth time I'm contacting you concerning this. I won't be part of whatever fraud you guys are planning. I also instructed them to record the call conversation as it would be used as evidence against them should incase of any fraudulent activity i warned. After about 24 hours later they restored my account. See screenshot attached below

Screenshot bears my real account account name (Red Arrow), (Green Arrow) account number. If you check the account number with another mobile banking app you'll see it's a different name.
Bros you no fit get another chance like this in life again hope you done make it sha else e no sure o
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Bimpe29: 6:36pm On Mar 06, 2022
Visit your bank on Monday for necessary action and guidance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by ONY3KAH(m): 6:42pm On Mar 06, 2022
OlodoGraduate:

LoL. I can't spend a dime from it, sir.
I no get money,but no be me own am.
One day, I go get my own too grin
So, I'll go with the second advice.
And sir,does Union transfer means it's from Union Bank?
I think there's this kind of payment like PayPal etc that bears Union or something.
Kindly enlighten, sir.
Also try to report to the nearest police station... a friend recieved an alert once and got arrested. according to the police someone's card was stolen and the theives transferred funds to my friend...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Collyboss: 6:42pm On Mar 06, 2022
Transfer the money to another account and wait
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by omoalaafin: 7:11pm On Mar 06, 2022
Go to the bank and tell them you received a payment and want to know who the person is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Anndrew(m): 7:38pm On Mar 06, 2022
Sandrafy:

This is exactly what Kuda bank is doing to me right now. The most annoying thing is that the person in question has given his consent for my money to be reversed to my account since February 1. Kuda keeps telling me “ we are waiting for a response from Gtb bank” same phrase for 7and half weeks now. Meanwhile I sent a mail to Gtb consigning the erroneous transaction , do you know GtBank replied me right away and said That the issue has been rectified since and it’s Kuda that is yet to liaise with them for funds recall ? Yet Each time I call and send them mail about my cash and they keep claiming it’s Gtbank that is not responding. Kuda bank does not give a F**k about their customers
report them to cbn
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 06, 2022
Karleb:

Ru'oju pa (zehh)
Le oju pa (zehh)
Ma rerin (zehh)
Kala (zehh)
Daju (zehh)

grin
Help me translate this thing abeg
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Karleb(m): 7:59pm On Mar 06, 2022
Senomii:

Help me translate this thing abeg

Frown! Don't laugh.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 06, 2022
Karleb:

Frown! Don't laugh.
Ehn?
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Karleb(m): 8:02pm On Mar 06, 2022
Senomii:

Ehn?

That's the translation.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 06, 2022
Karleb:

That's the translation.
Ah! That kind long lyrics
Tnks sha
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Karleb(m): 8:06pm On Mar 06, 2022
Senomii:

Ah! That kind long lyrics
Tnks sha

They all essentially mean the same thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Elkcee(m): 8:16pm On Mar 06, 2022
Chop am...you dey your dey money come
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Lordbinsmar: 8:44pm On Mar 06, 2022
blackgold2018:
sometimes this bank managers are thieves.
The manager will just hold on to the money, that if he surely knows the source of the mistake

You are very right Sir.

The banking system is very corrupt.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 06, 2022
EASYGURU:
Something similar happened to me last weeks. I logged into my wema bank mobile banking app so I'll spend money in my alawee account that I've not touched oooo. Lo and behold. I saw another bank account there with 2.2mil naira. Note I used my own Mobil banking details to login ooo only for me to see another person account number on my profile. I had access to empty the whole 2.2m using the same mibile banking pin as i used in logging in ooo or finger print but i ignored. I just called bank straight and for over 5days bank didn't do anything. I had to call them again warning them that i have no interest in the money as i don't know how it became attached to my profile and i also do nor have any interest in the funds there. I told them this is the sixth time I'm contacting you concerning this. I won't be part of whatever fraud you guys are planning. I also instructed them to record the call conversation as it would be used as evidence against them should incase of any fraudulent activity i warned. After about 24 hours later they restored my account. See screenshot attached below

Screenshot bears my real account account name (Red Arrow), (Green Arrow) account number. If you check the account number with another mobile banking app you'll see it's a different name.

This really surprised me. God bless you brother . Some Nigerians still get good heart
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by erico2k2(m): 10:45pm On Mar 06, 2022
OlodoGraduate:
Hello, bosses.
Just this evening, I received an alert of #120,000 from an unknown person.
It says union transfer.
I really don't know what condition the person would be right now.
Am I to go to my bank to complain or to Union Bank?
Pls, I need helpful replies.
Return that money or else your level will never pass 120K
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by erico2k2(m): 10:47pm On Mar 06, 2022
Slymking:
Bros you no fit get another chance like this in life again hope you done make it sha else e no sure o
HIm go make am in life, 2,2 will be the least balance in his account

1 Like

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by LaconicINC: 11:13pm On Mar 06, 2022
NeoWanZaeed:

You don't need to see it..
You be thief

LoL.. that's your colour
hahahaha you no well o, this one cracked me up!

1 Like

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by OlodoGraduate: 11:15pm On Mar 06, 2022
sureEbh:

I am surprised you are even asking what your decision should be.
It seems on one hand, something is saying eat the money. On another hand, a voice is saying return it. You don't seems to agree more with the later voice. If I were you, I should go to bank tomorrow and ask them to explain such a transaction, and let it be documented. It could also be someone sent you money without informing you. So, let your bank know and document that you don't know about the source just incase, it's fraudulent source. Make you no find yourself for police for crime not known.
Thanks, sir.
I have no intention of 'eating' the money.
I just want to confirm if I'm to go to my own bank (Gtbank) or the sender's bank (Union Bank).
Both banks are far from each other and I don't have that kind of fund to be wasting on transport fare to reach the right place and fuel don cost join grin.
So, I asked to be specific in my journey tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by Exodora: 1:00am On Mar 07, 2022
Weather you go or not they will still find out the source of the money and resend it if not ...
Had similar experience in 2017, was very broke but I didn't bulge to withdraw it after some weeks the money disappeared from my account guess the owner has laid complaint.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by peppermint7(m): 4:55pm On Mar 07, 2022
EASYGURU:

Go on and ask, speak freely, I'm all ears
Boss you never answer me oo
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by odijeks(m): 6:32pm On Mar 07, 2022
RoyalBoutique:

Wow, you are just amazing.

So when he goes to his bank and request they reverse the money, the bank will say no, because they are waiting for his authorization?
Lmao. I will sue the hell out of any bank that takes money out of my acct based on a mere verbal authorization without Me going through the process of normal transfer transaction processes. It doesn't work that way.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by EASYGURU(m): 12:52pm On Mar 08, 2022
peppermint7:

Boss you never answer me oo

Wetin b that boss
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by peppermint7(m): 3:00pm On Mar 08, 2022
EASYGURU:

Wetin b that boss
I bin de ask you weda na redmi 10 you de use
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by sureEbh: 3:52pm On Mar 08, 2022
OlodoGraduate:

Thanks, sir.
I have no intention of 'eating' the money.
I just want to confirm if I'm to go to my own bank (Gtbank) or the sender's bank (Union Bank).
Both banks are far from each other and I don't have that kind of fund to be wasting on transport fare to reach the right place and fuel don cost join grin.
So, I asked to be specific in my journey tomorrow.

Alright. I got that bro.
Re: Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum by EASYGURU(m): 8:01pm On Mar 08, 2022
peppermint7:

I bin de ask you weda na redmi 10 you de use

Nope na redmo 8 i dey use.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man / Electric Cable At First Bank ATM Mile 12, Lagos (photos) / Domain Name Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.